OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the nursing home where DR worked? I remember LM saying it all went back to there.

No, nearly all of the Rhoden men had worked there, as secondary jobs, and even the kids would go to "help", but mostly to hang out. The owner had his hands in several businesses and CR1 had businesses set up but no storefront, other than DR selling the cars they turned over, off of the guy's car lot (well registered in his wife's name). I'm rehashing stuff, from way back, but all of that still seems "off" to me. The W family has several businesses registered that seem legit, mostly the elder Ws. Probably nothing but it still creeps up sometimes and makes me wonder.

Well, If this happened to my family, and pot grow was found on my property, my employer would keep a low profile too.

I could see if it was he was a Heroin kingpin but these were people that were said to be friends, had business ties together, and worked for him for many years. A simple statement on the website, the day of the funeral would not have been out of place, b/c of the kids if nothing else. CR1 & KR may have had a pot grow but it was said that FR, HMR, and CR2, were there a lot and he just let them hang out and swim and fish. If it were my former employer and my entire family had been murdered, I do believe they'd have taken up a collection, come to the funeral, and sent flowers.

My theory, just a theory, the text was sent from JWs phone in the hand of the girlfriend. Possibly while he was driving. Where to? Idk.

I think I'm following you. Do you think this gf might have been faux friend of one of the deceased?

I think I'm following you. Do you think this gf might have been faux friend of one of the deceased?

Yes. False friend. The kind that looks like your obvious friend on paper with multiple common connections. But in reality, the friend is simmering years of hidden rivalry.

Otherwise, what would be the theory? 2 or several Ws did it together in family? I doubt.

It would make more sense for one of them to do it with an accomplice with a benefit in the crime.* Thinking a woman. That's how the most machiavelous plans are drafted and how secrets are kept.

It wouldn't be the first time lovers kill in a family/custody case.

Have you heard about Paul Bernardo, a canadian serial killer caught in the 1990s? His wife Carla Homolka was his accomplice, she testified against him and got a shorter sentence.

She participated in the drugging, rape and killing of her own sister.

Evil has no family.

Yes. False friend. The kind that looks like your obvious friend on paper with multiple common connections. But in reality, the friend is simmering years of hidden rivalry.

Otherwise, what would be the theory? 2 or several Ws did it together in family? I doubt.

It would make more sense for one of them to do it with an accomplice with a benefit in the crime.* Thinking a woman. That's how the most machiavelous plans are drafted and how secrets are kept.

Yeah, it is always a woman's fault. Those evil women are always behind every bad deed a man does.

No, nearly all of the Rhoden men had worked there, as secondary jobs, and even the kids would go to "help", but mostly to hang out. The owner had his hands in several businesses and CR1 had businesses set up but no storefront, other than DR selling the cars they turned over, off of the guy's car lot (well registered in his wife's name). I'm rehashing stuff, from way back, but all of that still seems "off" to me. The W family has several businesses registered that seem legit, mostly the elder Ws. Probably nothing but it still creeps up sometimes and makes me wonder.

I think you're referring to Big Bear Lake Campground. They all seem to have had ties there. I think I read somewhere CR1 had done quite a bit of work there, including a playground area.

Yeah, it is always a woman's fault. Those evil women are always behind every bad deed a man does.

Sorry. I did not want to offend. Of course not.

I do think however the planning of the crime is unusual for 2 or 3 teen males.

It's too smart for an all-male teen gig. Also, if you look at the witnesses in the case, the ones who discovered, the ones who last saw victims, the ones who changed plan, remarkably nearly all are women.

In my opinion, these murders were done by professionals. I think it would ultimately have to go back to the Mexicans or Italians. I believe it will get pinned on local meth heads and low level dealers and we will never find out the entire story.

I disagree. In fact, I think the opposite. I think it was personal and made to appear like a professional cartel hit.

In my opinion the murders weren't done by professionals, the crimes were too personalized. Professionals wouldn't have spared the dogs and babies.

Also professionals don't usually shoot victims five times in the face. A professional normally kills with one or two shots to the head.

I think it was done by some people very close to the family. And that they attempted (clumsily) to make it look like it was a cartel hit.

Neither Billy Wagner nor Jake Wagner, both of whom Conklin talked with for about 90 minutes Monday, he said, said anything about the killings. Instead, they asked him about jobs in the area. None of the family, he said, had found employment yet.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/20/family-named-ohio-massacre-investigation-moves-alaska/414026001/

It's unusual for people who have to work in order to eat to move all their belongings to a far away town and then try to find employment (which may not exist).

Just because JW was crying poor about his legal fees doesn't mean that the W's didn't have some cash money saved back from their criminal activities. I still believe the W's, R's and JM were trafficking. Yes they sold everything right before they moved, but that may have been because they didn't want to take it with them rather than them needing the money.

So.....if custody was the issue and HR was the main target why was CR Sr shot in his arms and legs?

To make it look like something other than a custody issue? Did they plan it to appear like a drug cartel hit? Maybe they thought incompetent LE would just assume it was a cartel and wouldn't even think about other possible motives.

Because it almost got away from them. The killers had a hard time subduing CR1 and GR. I think because those two woke up. And keep in mind that BJM said CR1 and GR looked like someone beat the h.... out of them. Also remember LM's comment about the fight a few weeks earlier when JW and BW tried to get HR to sign over her rights to SW. I think there was a lot of anger involved in this, anger against CR1.

I could see that if they'd only murdered everyone in DR's home, and even took out CR1's & GR in their trailer, b/c there's a grow there. It could have looked like a drug deal gone bad, or retribution for screwing over someone out of payment, but they wouldn't have had to take out FR, HHG, and KR. They could have made it look like an execution over drugs, or money like the Sykes murder (which was allegedly over a debt her "old man" had failed to pay).

http://www.maysville-online.com/new...cle_b819a7f1-b851-502c-b62e-975186b90a27.html

They risked a whole heck of a lot by entering four homes, to murder eight people, and thinking they'd not leave a trace of anything behind at the scenes. They may not have murders like this everyday in Piketon, but they had little red evidence flags in the yards, so they weren't just wandering around out there watching the grass grow (no snark intended). I think there's something deeper, if it was the Ws, getting little S may have been a bonus, but I still believe it is going to be a Pandora's Box when we learn everything. I could be wrong, it's happened before, and I'm sure it'll happen again.

I think KR was a bonus too. Not just because he knew everything, so did JM apparently, but simply because they hated him for some reason.

True, but they're still looking for folks, who have disappeared in these mountains, weeks, months, and years ago. No body, it's hard to make a case. Pack up and move. Whoever did this had an ax to grind with the other ones, is my main point. I don't think this was solely about custody, I think they had a whole lot of hate for these folks. AW said her hubby and CR1 were best of buddies and would do anything for each other. Whether they killed the Rs or not, I'm not buying what she's trying to sell on that one.

I am smelling what she is stepping in too, but sometimes the best of friends make the worst of enemies if they are crossed. They know everything about you and love quickly turns to hatred when kids are involved.

Experts said DeWine’s language likely means investigators have a lead in the case, but need more information before making arrests or naming suspects.
“Obviously, they have a lead from somewhere,” said Timothy Shaw, a former FBI special agent. “What you do is you get tips,” but then investigators must corroborate them.

I think that lead is from JM. Given he had to appear before the grand jury a couple of weeks ago coupled with this new activity with the W's and all those "funding drug trafficking" arrests of AM's family members, I would say JM is singing like a bird. We all speculated that he would when put before the grand jury and faced with jail time.

I've noted a "friend" who claims to be besties with one of the deceased, and maybe they were, however, besties are usually liking and commenting on each other's timelines, photos, etc... I've not seen that. I've wondered if this person has been building up their relationship with the deceased to be more than it was, for some reason. The deceased can't attest to their friendship at the time of their death.

Tbf, I didn't take it that way. In the example, it was the female's sister that she was an accomplice to murdering her sister. In my own extended family, that I'd used as example earlier, it was the female's sister, and the family boundaries meant nothing at that point. I've thought for a long time that a female was involved and potentially one of the shooters. I just took it that jk meant that the accomplice was a female and it was a love and custody triangle, and she'd went against her family.

I think you're referring to Big Bear Lake Campground. They all seem to have had ties there. I think I read somewhere CR1 had done quite a bit of work there, including a playground area.

Yes, BBL, I didn't know about TOS in naming them. It's hearsay that they were one of the early search sites. CR1, KR, TR, and even GR is said to have done work there.

BBM

The wife who is the well known country singer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member