OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Experts said DeWine’s language likely means investigators have a lead in the case, but need more information before making arrests or naming suspects.
“Obviously, they have a lead from somewhere,” said Timothy Shaw, a former FBI special agent. “What you do is you get tips,” but then investigators must corroborate them.

I think that lead is from JM. Given he had to appear before the grand jury a couple of weeks ago coupled with this new activity with the W's and all those "funding drug trafficking" arrests of AM's family members, I would say JM is singing like a bird. We all speculated that he would when put before the grand jury and faced with jail time.

JM would not have appeared before the grand jury. Grand juries hear from the prosecution only, there is no defense team there. The jury members determine if the prosecutor has presented enough evidence to merit an indictment or charge. If they decide in favor of the indictment, then a warrant is issued and the person who has been indicted would be arrested. JM has not been arrested on any indictments that we know of, and I believe that we would know if he had, that would be made very public.

Reckon it could be someone they'd all possibly been connected with, maybe even the Ws, but aren't any longer? Could it have happened to send a message, and the Ws knew what may be coming, but not to the extent that it happened? Could the text that never happened have been JW, who found out, and was trying to get a warning to them? Especially if he got no response from CR1. AM then frantically calls DR to see where CR1 is at b/c they're thinking it's just going to be him. There was a place that nearly everyone in the family worked for, for years, but it was as if they never knew them, after the murders. Not even so much as a statement on their website (iirc). Just something that kind of keeps nagging at me, ever so often, about that connection.

Yes, the owner(s) have been extremely quiet.No requests or offers to help the families or for getting the reward fund increased...

The most illegal substance I have ever tried is moonshine. There may have been some secondhand smoke. I've never had any interest in street drugs. I never understood the desire....

The only illegal substance I would ever consider is pot... and only if it were to become legal. Tried it one time when I was 20. It was fun, but I decided that I liked handbags much more than drugs.

The only illegal substance I would ever consider is pot... and only if it were to become legal. Tried it one time when I was 20. It was fun, but I decided that I liked handbags much more than drugs.

Never put that much stock into handbags. Now things with wheels or equine? Oh, yeah!

If the Ws did this, why not just have HMR disappear, then quietly plan the trip, and move? Just like they have? No mother, no custody dispute. He'd have gotten her w/only one person murdered, just like he already has her w/eight people murdered. I think there's something more to this b/c murdering one person is a lot less risky than murdering eight. Basically w/the mother deceased the father has sole custody and can take the child wherever he pleases (as he's done). Grandparents have little to zip rights, unless it is special circumstances. So CR1 and DR couldn't do a thing. Whoever did this didn't take out LM who blurted out custody dispute on day one or two.

In my opinion, they would still have to deal with the family. I suspect that if HMR disappeared, DR and CRsr would be looking at JW, if they knew that the W family had wanted sole custody of the child. There would still be a crime committed and i think eventually, the W family would have been looked at.

I agree. And if HR alone had been found murdered, JW would have likely been at the top of the list of persons of interest because of the alleged custody dispute. HR's death gave JW something he apparently wanted badly and that was custody of SW.

Personally, I think AW wanted that custody more than JW.

Personally, I think AW wanted that custody more than JW.

You may be right on that. The whole setup with that family appears to be rather strange, IMO. Two sons in their 20's who appear to be content to live with (and possibly support) Mom and Dad and both sons end up with custody of their young children?

It has been a long time since I was in my 20's, and maybe things have changed, but back then if I had met a young man who was living with his Mom and Dad and he and his brother both had custody of their toddler children and the mother of one of the children had been murdered, along with her entire family, I'd run out of fear that I was going to be set up to be a "host".

So if the motive does end up being custody related, or if the custody issue is one of the "complex" motives, where does the nursing home fit into the picture?

Didn't LM say that "it goes back to the nursing home" or "ask them at the nursing home" or something similar, early in the investigation?

You may be right on that. The whole setup with that family appears to be rather strange, IMO. Two sons in their 20's who appear to be content to live with (and possibly support) Mom and Dad and both sons end up with custody of their young children?

It has been a long time since I was in my 20's, and maybe things have changed, but back then if I had met a young man who was living with his Mom and Dad and he and his brother both had custody of their toddler children and the mother of one of the children had been murdered, along with her entire family, I'd run out of fear that I was going to be set up to be a "host".

Me me as well. I would want no part of that train wreck of a situation.

Refresh my memory, does GW have full custody of his child as well? And where is the child's mom?

So if the motive does end up being custody related, or if the custody issue is one of the "complex" motives, where does the nursing home fit into the picture?

Didn't LM say that "it goes back to the nursing home" or "ask them at the nursing home" or something similar, early in the investigation?

I am still looking for the link on this

Especially when one of the young mothers was shot in the face, numerous times, while breastfeeding her baby. How cowardly is that?

Seriously? I did not know that (was it HR?) was shot numerous times in the face! That, to me is real hatred, to totally eliminate someone's face. It's personal. Very personal imo..

Changed wording, they are now a "specific focus" . WHAT does that mean?
To me its as close as one can get without saying POI or suspect??
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ily-specific-focus-rhoden-massacre/417183001/

It's difficult to say, but they seem to be parsing words to avoid something. Most LE agencies in this situation say something like "We're seeking XYZ as a "person of interest". They're not a suspect, but we believe they may have information that is important to solving the case". No reason why Ohio BCI can't say the same thing.

Don't forget: Pike County is involved in a federal lawsuit over a police shooting of a man involved in a car chase in Pike County. Because of problems with corruption and violence related to some past members of the PCSO, the Feds may be watching them.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-co-sheriffs-office-federal-lawsuit/87914962/

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/ohio/ohsdce/2:2016cv00672/195223

JMO, they're trying to avoid anything that triggers possible federal charges and/or entry of the US Marshal's Service into the investigation.

Can out of state folks attend? I could pencil that in and make a day of it. lol

Did someone say ice cream? Right up my alley. Now if I can only convince my marital unit (hubs) that it's worth the 8 hour drive (round trip). Reckon what kind of ice cream it is? Any toppings included? All you can eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member