OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T: Oh ladies, you're cracking me up! I'm watching Jaws and seeing Matt Hooper (Dreyfuss) and Quint trying to show each other up with their battle scars is cracking me up too. Poor Roy standing by the side and looking at his appendectomy scar, being embarrassed to show his lone scar.

snipped by me.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! I heard it was going to be re-made. WHY?? Those actors were awesome and cannot be mimicked or replaced. So what if the special effects where'nt that special then? Those actors more than made up for fake sharks. Anyway.... "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

True. But if he or any other family were responsible, they would have been arrested by now. None of them have the background or experience to pull off a mass murder without leaving evidence or talking to someone. It's such a strange case, mostly because LE has been unable to solve it.

Maybe LE is UNWILLING not UNABLE???

Why would he normally be out working on cars when he had a job to leave for at 5:00 am-ish every day? A new job? DS had said if he'd not decided to leave that night he'd have been victim number nine so initially he said he was supposed to spend the night and work on cars with a man who was, for all intents and purposes, supposed to be at work on Friday.

Also:

http://www.fox19.com/story/33438311...-investigators-amid-pike-county-investigation

Did he leave or not go to KR's house that night. I thought he said he just didn't go when he was supposed to go spend the night. The working on cars by 5:30 am does not fit either if KR got up at at that time to go to work in Columbus, Ohio. DS got awfully quiet after talking a lot early on. I wonder how much LE scrutinized what he said. The strewn money comment was never verified by LE. So was it not true, or they didn't want to talk about it. This case could be on the TV shows "The Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits"....

snipped by me.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that movie! I heard it was going to be re-made. WHY?? Those actors were awesome and cannot be mimicked or replaced. So what if the special effects where'nt that special then? Those actors more than made up for fake sharks. Anyway.... "We're gonna need a bigger boat!"

O/T I love Jaws too Boots & Renee!!! The one thing that we did not do when I was growing up, was go to movies (religious reasons). One parent did not hold these convictions, had read the book, and really wanted to see the movie. Us kids were pretty young. Well, we ALL decided to go to the movie when we were in the nearest city, and our father saw the billboard. The theater had messed up and rated it PG on the board. My youngest sibling wouldn't hardly get in the bathtub, a lake, let alone the ocean over ankle deep, for quite awhile after that. We never went to another movie (as a family) again. :happydance:

Did he leave or not go to KR's house that night. I thought he said he just didn't go when he was supposed to go spend the night. The working on cars by 5:30 am does not fit either if KR got up at at that time to go to work in Columbus, Ohio. DS got awfully quiet after talking a lot early on. I wonder how much LE scrutinized what he said. The strewn money comment was never verified by LE. So was it not true, or they didn't want to talk about it. This case could be on the TV shows "The Twilight Zone" or "Outer Limits"....

Stone said he was due to have spent the previous evening with his cousin and slept overnight there adding: 'If I had, I would have been victim number nine. I feel lucky about that and to be alive today.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

DS got super quiet and the only R family on his FB friends are FR, and HMR. There are no Ms, nor are there any Gs on there.

Is there any new information on when the Ohio supreme court may make a ruling on the autopsies? Is there a time limit for issues brought before this court?

Is there any new information on when the Ohio supreme court may make a ruling on the autopsies? Is there a time limit for issues brought before this court?

Links to check on the status of the cases of the newspapers are here in the Media & Timeline thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...mily-Members-Murdered&p=13234748#post13234748

Cincinnati.com case

Autopsy docs have been submitted for in camera review. Two new judges have been assigned. Pretty sure both are Republicans.

The cases are moving very slowly.

[/B]A second mortgage is when the borrower takes out another loan on the same property, it has nothing to do with securing a loan on the value (that the the bank can sell the property for and recoup their investment). You are mixed up with people taking out personal loans on the equity in their property.

I'm not sure any of us are on the same page. What I was getting at with the land, and may have confused folks, was that CR1 and CR1 et al, seemed to own a lot, if not all, of the land outright, and had improved the land by putting trailers on them, with occupants in the trailers (possibly "renters" as in BJM, KR, etc...), which makes the properties more viable to obtain loans, against their value. They could most likely borrow up to 80% of the value of the property. Lenders aren't normally all that keen on loaning against vacant, unimproved, land.

Equity loans is what they would have gotten if they hadn't paid the land/trailers off, but their property had become worth more than they owed on them. They could have gotten a loan against that value, basically a second mortgage, and the property/trailers would secure the loan.

If the borrower can show steady work, and the ability to pay the monthly payments, the bank would likely loan them the money. They could still pay it off with pot money. No one would know. They have a job, and the income from that job is where the bank sees the payments coming from. That was kind of where I was going but I think I wasn't very clear. Apologies.

Has it been said, or have I missed it when Dana's place of employment closed,also why.

Has it been said, or have I missed it when Dana's place of employment closed,also why.

I believe a poster stated they moved from the old building to a new building. I don't know where though.

BBM

The IRS doesn't work that way. I have been in a few audits.

If you buy and sell cars it is possible to never report those sales on your income taxes. Unless you buy and sell so many you have to have a dealers license you can fly under the radar with the IRS. If you do decide to report the income, then you can only report a small portion of it, under report, or you can report more than you actually make, over report, to account for money you might not want to say where it came from. The IRS does not watch every dollar you make and has no way of knowing how much you make unless you are audited. Even then if you keep a second set of books and are careful not to put more money in the bank than you report, the IRS never finds it. Unless you are Donald Trump they are not going to look too closely even in an audit at where money came from to buy assets. They money could have came from a personal loan from a relative for all they know and a loan is not reported on your taxes.

I know and understand how all that works. None of what you responding to had anything to do with my point. People were talking about CR paying 30k cash on a 60k mortgage for DRs property. My point is regardless of how you made the money if you spend that much cash at once the government or even just the bank will want proof. If there is a outstanding mortgage on the property the bank is more interested. For instance your kid wants to buy a 100k house but needs 20% down you give them 20k they take it and put it down on the house, your going to have to write a letter saying it's a gift. It's mostly to protect the mortgage company from you coming back later and claiming 20% ownership at a later date. These are federal regulations not state to state. On top of that if you put anything over 9,999.00 down on anything it is the responsibility of the bank (dealership, store ect.) accepting the money to report it. Also a federal regulation.

I know and understand how all that works. None of what you responding to had anything to do with my point. People were talking about CR paying 30k cash on a 60k mortgage for DRs property. My point is regardless of how you made the money if you spend that much cash at once the government or even just the bank will want proof. If there is a outstanding mortgage on the property the bank is more interested. For instance your kid wants to buy a 100k house but needs 20% down you give them 20k they take it and put it down on the house, your going to have to write a letter saying it's a gift. It's mostly to protect the mortgage company from you coming back later and claiming 20% ownership at a later date. These are federal regulations not state to state. On top of that if you put anything over 9,999.00 down on anything it is the responsibility of the bank (dealership, store ect.) accepting the money to report it. Also a federal regulation.

The reason I even said anything I'd because people are acting like CR had copious amounts of money from growing weed he was running around spending without anyone blinking an eye. It's not that easy. On top of that depending on the processes used and quality of the grow there is a lot of overhead and man hours. Still lucrative and it's possible to stack a bunch of cash with large operations. But buying up half a county and hundreds of cars is a slightly large scale to go unnoticed. "Ah well I built a few decks over big bear and bought a few cars and fixed up". "O sold a few chickens too and DR got that $9 hr job at the nursing home." See what I'm saying?

The reason I even said anything I'd because people are acting like CR had copious amounts of money from growing weed he was running around spending without anyone blinking an eye. It's not that easy. On top of that depending on the processes used and quality of the grow there is a lot of overhead and man hours. Still lucrative and it's possible to stack a bunch of cash with large operations. But buying up half a county and hundreds of cars is a slightly large scale to go unnoticed. "Ah well I built a few decks over big bear and bought a few cars and fixed up". "O sold a few chickens too and DR got that $9 hr job at the nursing home." See what I'm saying?

BBM
Yes, everyone forgets this part.

This is why I was digging into the properties, as to when they were obtained, and for how much. I just don't see any big red flags on the properties, other than possibly DR's. Then again, the owners of that property own another property that it seems was their primary residence. CR1 could have just approached them and worked out a deal, or heard they were going to put it up for sale, and approached them before they did so. The previous owners were getting elderly, and maybe didn't want the hassle of the extra property, and the Rs had likely known them, so with all of that and it being in a prime spot for the Rs, a deal was born. Just my thoughts on the DR property. Nothing I've heard or know for sure.

BBM
Yes, everyone forgets this part.

This is why I was digging into the properties, as to when they were obtained, and for how much. I just don't see any big red flags on the properties, other than possibly DR's. Then again, the owners of that property own another property that it seems was their primary residence. CR1 could have just approached them and worked out a deal, or heard they were going to put it up for sale, and approached them before they did so. The previous owners were getting elderly, and maybe didn't want the hassle of the extra property, and the Rs had likely known them, so with all of that and it being in a prime spot for the Rs, a deal was born. Just my thoughts on the DR property. Nothing I've heard or know for sure.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure most of the properties were passed down through family. Some were bought with other people, it would be interesting to know why the group agreed to purchase the properties to begin with. Why they never did anything with it. It would also be interesting to know why other members gave up their rights to properties to CR. Looks like the guy got involved in just about anything he could, his whole family gets murdered and no one knows or says anything.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure most of the properties were passed down through family. Some were bought with other people, it would be interesting to know why the group agreed to purchase the properties to begin with. Why they never did anything with it. It would also be interesting to know why other members gave up their rights to properties to CR. Looks like the guy got involved in just about anything he could, his whole family gets murdered and no one knows or says anything.

I'm thinking CR1 was one of those "jack of all trades". He didn't have a lot of education, but was good with his hands, good at putting together properties (land w/a home on it can increase in value), seemed adept with vehicles, etc... That LF parcel is a nice parcel, as is DR's. Most of it was et al. The piece he acquired from TR's mil was a nice add on to the UHR. I have a theory that he was doing what he could to build up his financial holdings. He may have wanted to get out of the grow business. I've got family who don't have formal educations, but have carved out a very nice living by being savvy on buying, and trading, building their own businesses, (the right ones at the right times) over the years, purchasing land, improving it, renting or selling it, etc... That land may have been something CR was holding onto for his kids, down the line, or to improve and sell in a few years. He had at least one trailer on each of the pieces of land. Not on every parcel, but all of the parcels were connected, and made up fairly large plots, with trailers, and some with barns on them too.

About the female siblings turning over their part in the inherited land, it's still kind of a thing, that the men in the family get the land/home place, in some areas. It doesn't mean that there wouldn't be ill feelings though unless they just signed it all over out of the desire for the male siblings to have the land. It seems that one of the female siblings wanted something for their part though.

Edit: Another thing, I just thought of, there's folks who will lease land like that for hunting seasons. That's the only time that they use the land, just to hunt deer, turkey, etc... They want to do nothing else but hang out on your land for a few weeks each year. I don't know a lot about it how it works, but some folks around us have done it and made decent money for letting folks sit in a tree stand all day.

I'm thinking CR1 was one of those "jack of all trades". He didn't have a lot of education, but was good with his hands, good at putting together properties (land w/a home on it can increase in value), seemed adept with vehicles, etc... That LF parcel is a nice parcel, as is DR's. Most of it was et al. The piece he acquired from TR's mil was a nice add on to the UHR. I have a theory that he was doing what he could to build up his financial holdings. He may have wanted to get out of the grow business. I've got family who don't have formal educations, but have carved out a very nice living by being savvy on buying, and trading, building their own businesses, (the right ones at the right times) over the years, purchasing land, improving it, renting or selling it, etc... That land may have been something CR was holding onto for his kids, down the line, or to improve and sell in a few years. He had at least one trailer on each of the pieces of land. Not on every parcel, but all of the parcels were connected, and made up fairly large plots, with trailers, and some with barns on them too.

About the female siblings turning over their part in the inherited land, it's still kind of a thing, that the men in the family get the land/home place, in some areas. It doesn't mean that there wouldn't be ill feelings though unless they just signed it all over out of the desire for the male siblings to have the land. It seems that one of the female siblings wanted something for their part though.

Edit: Another thing, I just thought of, there's folks who will lease land like that for hunting seasons. That's the only time that they use the land, just to hunt deer, turkey, etc... They want to do nothing else but hang out on your land for a few weeks each year. I don't know a lot about it how it works, but some folks around us have done it and made decent money for letting folks sit in a tree stand all day.

Your mention of people using land reminded me of a hunting trip a friend told me about. He paid to hunt turkey on some land in Southeast Ohio. He got his turkey. When he dressed it out he cut his thumb and had to go to the ER for stitches. He said by the time all the expenses were tallied, he had $150/lb in his turkey...lol

Your mention of people using land reminded me of a hunting trip a friend told me about. He paid to hunt turkey on some land in Southeast Ohio. He got his turkey. When he dressed it out he cut his thumb and had to go to the ER for stitches. He said by the time all the expenses were tallied, he had $150/lb in his turkey...lol

I hope he enjoyed that turkey! The deer romp around our back pasture like puppies some days, bounding over the fences, and are quite plentiful (lots of turkey too). Not far from us, and I'd never head of leasing out your land for this kind of thing until he did it a few years back, these hunters came all the way from another state and set up shop for deer season, to hunt on a neighboring farm. Three of them paid him around $5 grand total. They didn't get a single deer. I know they had to be sick. There's one hit, by a vehicle, nearly every other week, along the road in front of our farm land. They're literally everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member