OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All this real estate talk is waaayyy over my head, lol!
Hi Ilovepierre.

Is it possible someone believed CR was hiding money, true or not? I remember Reader saying, for the 1 year anniversary, "(killers) came like thieves in the night"

Do you have another theory?

Hi Ilovepierre.

Is it possible someone believed CR was hiding money, true or not? I remember Reader saying, for the 1 year anniversary, "(killers) came like thieves in the night"

I think he was just usung the term as a metaphor, as in the proverb, rather than literally.

I think he was just usung the term as a metaphor, as in the proverb, rather than literally.
Could be. But it's a very moralizing message with the reference to children. Maybe it's the way he speaks as a Sheriff. But I wondered if it was because he was speaking to killers who had a moral motive:

"You came in like thieves in the night and stole eight*lives, some of them children in the most horrific way I’ve seen in my 20 plus year. We are getting closer. We will find you. The family and the victims will have justice one day."*

Would he speak this way to killers with a long criminal track record?

It's probably a statement of comfort for the family and it was coined to be captured by the media. JMO

Just me, but, "thieves in the night" is a fairly common phrase, at least in my part of the region. It's usually used to denote cowards, coming in to take advantage of someone, or it can describe someone who is very cunning. It can mean a couple other things based on the nuance, tone, etc... Kind of like "Bless your heart". That can be anything from a true meaning of sympathy, to sarcasm, to flat out disgust, based on tone and inflection. "Bless your heart" is very flexible.

Hi Ilovepierre.

I don't know if CR was hiding money or not.
I haven't really stuck to any one theory.
The only thing I believe is that the murder(ers) were known to the victims.
What reason they had to kill the Rhodens, I don't know,

IMO

Just me, but, "thieves in the night" is a fairly common phrase, at least in my part of the region. It's usually used to denote cowards, coming in to take advantage of someone, or it can describe someone who is very cunning. It can mean a couple other things based on the nuance, tone, etc... Kind of like "Bless your heart". That can be anything from a true meaning of sympathy, to sarcasm, to flat out disgust, based on tone and inflection. "Bless your heart" is very flexible.

My belief is the Sheriff should have by now a personal conviction as to whom has done it. He speaks with his heart.

Indeed, I would like to hear his tone when he said this statement. It wouldn't come out the same way whether he was speaking to killers he believed as: crime gang members or revengeful teens or extended family members or ideologists. All theories we tossed here.

Two parts of the sentence I find interesting:
1) thieves in the night speaks to one's moral code
2) children among the victims seems to question the motivation of the killers

Either he was speaking to (a) killers with a moral code and a concern for children, or (b) he was simply speaking to the victims family with a supportive statement. If the "message to the killers" is nothing more than another sympathy statement a year after, then I wonder if he knows anything at all.

Maybe I am over-analyzing the Sheriff's speech. But the thread is getting super quiet, I felt I needed to throw in something.

I don't know if CR was hiding money or not.
I haven't really stuck to any one theory.
The only thing I believe is that the murder(ers) were known to the victims.
What reason they had to kill the Rhodens, I don't know,

IMO

It is possible he had cash he couldn't bank without raising questions. Buying land and cars may have been a way to keep the amount of cash down. Buying the property DR moved into may have prompted someone to believe he had a large stash of cash hidden. They may have confronted CR1 and GR. When that didn't get them the money they may have confronted DR. They shot her for not giving up the location and had to take out HR and CR2 to make sure there were no witnesses. FR, HG, and KR may have been insurance to make sure there was no one to identify them. Without the time of death for all of them, we don't know if all this took place in an hour or over a period of several hours. It could be either. Someone could have been holding DR at gunpoint while someone else told CR1 they'd kill her if he didn't give up the cash.

Some things that have been puzzling me are:

The schools on lock down that morning. Did they think it was the "friends" of CRjr's whom he had been having trouble with a couple of weeks prior to the murders? A rumor or earlier report said they couldn't find CRjr at first, were they looking for him at school and did they think he was involved in the murders?

CRjr's car jacked up in CRsr's driveway:

I've worked on cars and changed a flat before. Although it's possible that someone left that car on the jack overnight, most of the time, when working on a car. You don't jack it up until your ready to work on it. And then you put something (another tire, block) under it in case it falls and fix it. I don't know what type of lighting they had in their driveway but, at that time of year it still gets dark early. Around 6:30- 7:00 pm? Could some of the guys (CRsr, FR, CRjr, GR, KR) been outside getting ready to work on the car? No break in needed. If suspects were known to Rhoden's that would take care of the dogs being outside to and no problem for the suspects.

Could this be the reason they are not releasing the autopsies?

It would tell us the times of death. I'm beginning to think 2 maybe 3 where involved and the third could have just been a look out. Less people, less people knowing about it. If the killers worked in shifts to kill this family they wouldn't have needed a lot of people to keep them under control. I think that CRsr, GR maybe, and FR and HG were killed before DR got home from work. That would explain them moving their bodies to the back bedroom so they wouldn't be seen. Or, CRsr, FR, and HG, then maybe GR coming in later.

Could CRjr been at CRsr's and got away just long enough to have called KR for help? That would explain maybe KR being killed. Maybe he wasn't included at first, but a message from one of the victims on his phone, would mean he had to go.

Just some things I've been pondering on. What do you guys think?

The schools on lock down that morning. Did they think it was the "friends" of CRjr's whom he had been having trouble with a couple of weeks prior to the murders? A rumor or earlier report said they couldn't find CRjr at first, were they looking for him at school and did they think he was involved in the murders?

I've worked on cars and changed a flat before. Although it's possible that someone left that car on the jack overnight, most of the time, when working on a car. You don't jack it up until your ready to work on it. And then you put something (another tire, block) under it in case it falls and fix it. I don't know what type of lighting they had in their driveway but, at that time of year it still gets dark early. Around 6:30- 7:00 pm? Could some of the guys (CRsr, FR, CRjr, GR, KR) been outside getting ready to work on the car? No break in needed. If suspects were known to Rhoden's that would take care of the dogs being outside to and no problem for the suspects.

It would tell us the times of death. I'm beginning to think 2 maybe 3 where involved and the third could have just been a look out. Less people, less people knowing about it. If the killers worked in shifts to kill this family they wouldn't have needed a lot of people to keep them under control. I think that CRsr, GR maybe, and FR and HG were killed before DR got home from work. That would explain them moving their bodies to the back bedroom so they wouldn't be seen. Or, CRsr, FR, and HG, then maybe GR coming in later.

Could CRjr been at CRsr's and got away just long enough to have called KR for help? That would explain maybe KR being killed. Maybe he wasn't included at first, but a message from one of the victims on his phone, would mean he had to go.

If the Manleys are involved in this:

Did they think if they helped in this crime they would get cutosdy of the babies and the estate of the victims? I don't think the murderers thought this case would get the attention it has gotten. In the past, it seems that most of the criminal activity in Pike Co was only know in Pike Co. Let's face it LE and the Manleys do not like each other! And they are the only suspects/people we know of that have been pursued by LE. Oh and the W's. It seems to me that those 2 families know something or are involved in some way. To me, if you knew about it, your part of it.

Sorry about double post!

My belief is the Sheriff should have by now a personal conviction as to whom has done it. He speaks with his heart.

Indeed, I would like to hear his tone when he said this statement. It wouldn't come out the same way whether he was speaking to killers he believed as: crime gang members or revengeful teens or extended family members or ideologists. All theories we tossed here.

Two parts of the sentence I find interesting:
1) thieves in the night speaks to one's moral code
2) children among the victims seems to question the motivation of the killers

Either he was speaking to (a) killers with a moral code and a concern for children, or (b) he was simply speaking to the victims family with a supportive statement. If the "message to the killers" is nothing more than another sympathy statement a year after, then I wonder if he knows anything at all.

Maybe I am over-analyzing the Sheriff's speech. But the thread is getting super quiet, I felt I needed to throw in something.

It's hard to read w/o his tone and inflection and facial expression. I do believe though that it was directed at the killers, and it seems to me, in thinking on it, that the victim's lives were what they were specifically there to steal. Yes, they took video equipment, and possibly some stashed cash, and tried to stage the scene to throw them into another direction, but from what I gathered early one, the assailant(s) main reason for being there was to steal the lives of eight people. That was their goal, plain and simple. It's what's led me to believe this is could be retribution, for a very bad wrong, in the eyes of the assailant(s), on the part of the Rs. I fluctuate on theories but one that's stayed in my top three is a long simmering vendetta.

If the Manleys are involved in this:

Did they think if they helped in this crime they would get cutosdy of the babies and the estate of the victims? I don't think the murderers thought this case would get the attention it has gotten. In the past, it seems that most of the criminal activity in Pike Co was only know in Pike Co. Let's face it LE and the Manleys do not like each other! And they are the only suspects/people we know of that have been pursued by LE. Oh and the W's. It seems to me that those 2 families know something or are involved in some way. To me, if you knew about it, your part of it.

Sorry about double post!

Regarding Ms and Ws. It's a reported fact a surveillance warrant and a search warrant were issued against members of these families. But does it mean they both know something or participated together? I am not sure.

My theory is the story of one is contradicting the other.

LM says, JM exchanged text with JW. JW says not true, he also says he picked up S much earlier than reported last year.

May be these texts are quite simple but reveal something about the consistency of JW's story.

But if Ws story was to be true, what does it say about Ms story? Does it make JM a potential suspect?

IMO, it's the reason why both have warrants against them.

Regarding Ms and Ws. It's a reported fact a surveillance warrant and a search warrant were issued against members of these families. But does it mean they both know something or participated together? I am not sure.

My theory is the story of one is contradicting the other.

LM says, JM exchanged text with JW. JW says not true, he also says he picked up S much earlier than reported last year.

May be these texts are quite simple but reveal something about the consistency of JW's story.

But if Ws story was to be true, what does it say about Ms story? Does it make JM a potential suspect?

IMO, it's the reason why both have warrants against them.

I thought LM was saying that LE claimed there was a text message from JM to JW at 2:00 am that night. JW did say that was not true. I found this:
Leonard Manley said he thinks agents put the GPS device on the truck after they found a text message sent from his son's phone to Jake Wagner at 2 a.m. April 22, 2016. Jake Wagner is a former boyfriend of victim Hanna Rhoden. Leonard Manley said a BCI agent told him about the text message but did not disclose what it said.

I saw this back on page one of the media section. Either this was wrong or things happened much different than what was said later:

BOBBI JO’S DAD, LEONARD MANLEY, TOLD REPORTERS:
“Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter’s house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter, and her son.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

I thought LM was saying that LE claimed there was a text message from JM to JW at 2:00 am that night. JW did say that was not true. I found this:
Leonard Manley said he thinks agents put the GPS device on the truck after they found a text message sent from his son's phone to Jake Wagner at 2 a.m. April 22, 2016. Jake Wagner is a former boyfriend of victim Hanna Rhoden. Leonard Manley said a BCI agent told him about the text message but did not disclose what it said.

LM does not deny there was a text. It was his son text. But he thinks it's related to this.

My point is, it doesn't mean LE suspects JM and JW colluded. It might just mean the text between JW an JM, AM and DR, might prove JM or JW is not telling the truth.

The above is my theory

I saw this back on page one of the media section. Either this was wrong or things happened much different than what was said later:

BOBBI JO’S DAD, LEONARD MANLEY, TOLD REPORTERS:
“Well, my daughter feeds them animals out there every morning, Bobbi Jo the one that made the 911 call. She got the key to the place. She went in found my grandson and his girlfriend dead. Went down found my son in law and his cousin dead. Then she come out and got me and I went out there and my boy went to my daughter’s house and they found them. My daughter, her daughter, and her son.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...SCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered

Good find.Noticed it doesn't have a link, so we'll have to find the source article. I'd be more inclined to think LM got mixed up about which house BJM went to first. They were all hysterical the first day. It does fill in the blanks a little about who BJM called besides 911. She called LM, he got hold of JM. They split up with JM going to Dana's and LM going to CRSr & Frankie's to help BJM.

I'm still of the opinion that if any of these immediate family members were the killers, LE would have them arrested, in jail and on trial by now. Whomever killed the 8 family members were experienced and planned it carefully in advance. MOO

No suspect has been found and is a cold case. Rarely a mass murder becomes a cold case.

I think this is a drug related crime.

Good find.Noticed it doesn't have a link, so we'll have to find the source article. I'd be more inclined to think LM got mixed up about which house BJM went to first. They were all hysterical the first day. It does fill in the blanks a little about who BJM called besides 911. She called LM, he got hold of JM. They split up with JM going to Dana's and LM going to CRSr & Frankie's to help BJM.

I'm still of the opinion that if any of these immediate family members were the killers, LE would have them arrested, in jail and on trial by now. Whomever killed the 8 family members were experienced and planned it carefully in advance. MOO

A link would have been nice but it was stated as a quote so it was somewhere in the media more than likely. I also think LM's family was not likely involved....

No suspect has been found and is a cold case. Rarely a mass murder becomes a cold case.

I think this is a drug related crime.

My uncle was on the USS Wadleigh (DD-689).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove