OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm..... it could be as simple as TR can't afford to or doesn't want to continue to be the Rhoden's exceutor any more. But why split up the properties? Can you tell us more about this?

On the CR1 & CR1 et al properties, they are still listed as such, on the property addresses, however, the mailing address has been changed to reflect BR's address.

Then there are duplicate properties of the CR1 and CR1 et al properties that, in the search, reflect BR as the owner, and he is also listed as the mailing address.

So for every property that is in the search list reading CR1 as the owner, there is a duplicate for BR as the owner. When you click on any of them, they reflect CR1, or CR1 et al, in the owner field, on all of them (26 parcels in total), but BR is the mailing address for all of them now.

I know that's clear as mud now. :facepalm:

No, I actually do not have headphones, well, except for the ones that come with phones. It would definitely make sense for the time gap but it doesn't fit that the call was reporting only CRsr and GR. Logically, in my mind, unless she were covering something, why not report them all if all had been discovered already? Is it possible the other couple with her had a child? Which is also bizarre! No mention anywhere ever of this mystery couple. I hope when this all plays out in the end, we will see exactly how this whole story played out. This could be made into a mini series.

I believe one day, for good or bad I'm not sure, this case will be a mini-series. The thing that makes me feel, and this is only a feeling, that it could be the correct timeline, is that she just about forgot to mention GR. I don't mean this in an affair sort of way but I think that CR1 was very good to her, for taking car of his father, and she may have seen him as more like actual blood kin rather than a bil. At the point of the call, she very well could have been in shock too. Both hers, and DS's, 911 calls are very odd but, again, I've never been in their position (and hopefully never will be). Idk if the couple would have a child with them or not. If it's the ones I think it is, I don't feel that they would have, but I could very well be wrong.

Yes, they kept his truck and tools a long time. Apparently they didn't find anything or they would have arrested him. IIRC, they searched the Manley homes, interviewed them, gave polys, etc. If there was any evidence, they would have arrested them. It would have made LE's job much easier. So I still think they had nothing to do with the murders.

ETA: Speaking of JM's truck, I wonder if he had to get the red truck during that time he was without one. He surely wasn't in a position to go without working for several weeks. Could someone have set him up by loaning him the red truck that LE recently confiscated, the one they claimed was used in the murders? Was his old truck so torn apart by LE that he had to get a different one? Surely LE didn't keep his original one so long for that reason, right?

bbm

Sounds pretty feasible.

I have received text messages the day after they were sent. I have poor reception with my cell phone at my house.
JW could have taken the battery out of his phone while preparing for a crime that evening and inserted the battery following the crime, This would have also delayed JM's 9 pm text to JW.

It sure seemed to me that he implied there were answers about the murders at the nursing home. He also implied a cover up by LE about something. Maybe there were drugs disappearing or being sold from the nursing home and LE did nothing about it or LE was involved in it. There are people in nursing homes that wouldn't know if you gave them their drugs or pocketed them. DR may have found out about it or was asked to participate and refused. She also may have been involved and tried to get out. Lots of possibilities there, too...
I
Elderly people in nursing homes aren't given opioids unless they have had a very recent surgery and then they go to a skilled nursing facility not a regular nursing home like Dana's employer. Benzodiazepines are rarely used any more in the elderly. Too many side effects. If patients need something to sedative them, they are given an antipsychotic medication. (My mom needs something to calm her almost every evening in the nursing home and I've begged her doctor to prescribe Xanax, but he won't.)

My point is: There are very few medications to divert from a nursing home since doctors won't prescribe benzodiazepines anymore to elderly patients and surgery patients (pain pills) are in skilled nursing facilities.

Anyone read Sheriff Readers recent facebook post? He talks about a lot of things.

Elderly people in nursing homes aren't given opioids unless they have had a very recent surgery and then they go to a skilled nursing facility not a regular nursing home like Dana's employer. Benzodiazepines are rarely used any more in the elderly. Too many side effects. If patients need something to sedative them, they are given an antipsychotic medication. (My mom needs something to calm her almost every evening in the nursing home and I've begged her doctor to prescribe Xanax, but he won't.)

My point is: There are very few medications to divert from a nursing home since doctors won't prescribe benzodiazepines anymore to elderly patients and surgery patients (pain pills) are in skilled nursing facilities.

That's probably true WRT benzodiazepines, etc. and the elderly. The home where DR worked was also connected to a skilled nursing facility owned by the same company, IIRC. I also read a recent article about a nursing home patient being arrested w/ a dealer for buying oxycontin, fentanyl or something similar. I think we're all keeping an open mind about the possibilities.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170707/man-charged-with-providing-drug-that-caused-nursing-home-death

http://www.journal-news.com/news/nu...atients-nursing-homes/lfChyUrKL0yGVzKy0mZtZK/

Thinking about JM's truck being impounded reminded me of this:
I watched a Forensic Files episode once where a woman was killed and dumped in her car to make it look like a suicide. She was in a love triangle, and her girlfriend "found" her a few days after she went missing. The girlfriend pulled her car too close to the victims car at the scene and the car was impounded. In the trunk they found bloody clothes and gloves. She and her boyfriend were convicted.

Thinking about JM's truck being impounded reminded me of this:
I watched a Forensic Files episode once where a woman was killed and dumped in her car to make it look like a suicide. She was in a love triangle, and her girlfriend "found" her a few days after she went missing. The girlfriend pulled her car too close to the victims car at the scene and the car was impounded. In the trunk they found bloody clothes and gloves. She and her boyfriend were convicted.

I have probably seen that episode! When I turn it now days, it's always an episode I've already seen. I still watch the reruns though!

That's probably true WRT benzodiazepines, etc. and the elderly. The home where DR worked was also connected to a skilled nursing facility owned by the same company, IIRC. I also read a recent article about a nursing home patient being arrested w/ a dealer for buying oxycontin, fentanyl or something similar. I think we're all keeping an open mind about the possibilities.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170707/man-charged-with-providing-drug-that-caused-nursing-home-death

http://www.journal-news.com/news/nu...atients-nursing-homes/lfChyUrKL0yGVzKy0mZtZK/

I have worked in nursing homes too, and like any medical facility, if narcotics were kept, they had to be in a locked cupboard and each use recorded and counts done, much like stock control.
We also could not just hand them out, it had to be signed off by a doctor or if they were PRN, two people had to sign off on them.

I have a family member who is in a local skilled nursing/physical rehabilitation facility. The residents on one side are more mobile but can no longer live alone due to physical impairments, or onset of dementia. The other side is for patients who require skilled nursing staff. My family member has been given a plethora of drugs. The doctor comes in once each week and checks in on the patients and adjust meds if needed. If they have an urgent need he's called in sooner. If it is critical they're taken by ambulance to the hospital. I think it may be based on what type of licensing the establishment has.

One family member wanted to come home from the hospital, to live out their days, so hospice was arranged to come by x number of times per week. When this family member passed, shortly after, hospice came in that night, and collected all scrip meds, accounted for them, counted the number of doses left, logged it, then disposed of them (while we waited on the coroner and funeral home staff to arrive...).

<modsnip>

Let's face it, there hasn't been anything new since the "anyone with info on the Wagner family" press release. It's safe to say LE has nothing on the W's or they'd be in custody because it's common knowledge where they are.

As I said in my original post over a year ago this will come down to drugs, probably white, pills or powder.

Watch this: [video=youtube;wGZEvXNqzkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZEvXNqzkM[/video]

Draws a line directly from Broward County to Greenup,KY which as we know is basically next door to Pike County. No reason to think that the line stops at Greenup. I'm sure it continues to go north.

<modsnip>

Let's face it, there hasn't been anything new since the "anyone with info on the Wagner family" press release. It's safe to say LE has nothing on the W's or they'd be in custody because it's common knowledge where they are.

As I said in my original post over a year ago this will come down to drugs, probably white, pills or powder.

Watch this: [video=youtube;wGZEvXNqzkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGZEvXNqzkM[/video]

Draws a line directly from Broward County to Greenup,KY which as we know is basically next door to Pike County. No reason to think that the line stops at Greenup. I'm sure it continues to go north.

I'm familiar with the "Oxy Express" . US 23, the Country Music Hwy in our state, continues strait down to Fla. No offense intended, but this film was made a few years back (2009). I watched it at the time. Things have changed a bit.

May, 2016.

But after Florida spent years trying to shake off its reputation by driving out of business the worst of the notorious &#8220;pill mills&#8221;, the twist came that state officials hadn&#8217;t predicted. When the addicts Florida facilitated could not get prescription opioids any more, they turned to heroin.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...mic-prescription-painkillers-heroin-addiction

In 2010, prescription opioids accounted for 44 percent of all U.S. overdose deaths. It's a huge problem and drug companies are turning to a solution they know very well: chemistry.

May, 2013
Purdue Pharma first introduced OxyContin in the 1990s. The new pill combined the well-known pain reliever oxycodone with Purdue's own long-acting formula, which slowly released oxycodone once a pill made its way into the digestive system. Because swallowed OxyContin didn't provide a big, front-loaded hit of opioid, Purdue advertised it as nearly addiction-proof, Fortune reported. It turned out to be almost exactly the opposite.

In 2010, Purdue quietly introduced a new formula that made OxyContin pills weirdly difficult to crush or dissolve in water, hoping to undercut the ways people had discovered they could get a super-sized opioid hit from long-acting OxyContin. Three years later, studies are just beginning to show that crush-resistant chemistry does seem to reduce OxyContin abuse. Whether it reduces drug abuse overall is another question. Preliminary findings suggest those who used to abuse OxyContin are simply replacing it with other prescriptions or with heroin.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-05/science-un-crushable-oxycontin

Note: A "reasonable" street price for the new Oxy hard to crush tabs is around $20-$25 for an 80 mg tab, compare that to .50 to $1 per mg for the old crushable scrips (based on brand or generic, how hard to come by, etc...). A bag of Heroin goes for $10-$20. They're already hooked on synthetic Heroin, the real stuff requires no doctor visits, no registry, and is cheaper.

I don't see this level of drug dealing in the R family. Then again, I've been known to be wrong.

<modsnip>

What an eyeopener!!!! Wow. Could the R's, M's and W's been involved in this?

So nothing in the news. Despite the raids and some arrests of local drug dealers, LE only has "laser focus" on the W family, who they still won't bring in for questioning.

Case seems to have gone cold again.

So nothing in the news. Despite the raids and some arrests of local drug dealers, LE only has "laser focus" on the W family, who they still won't bring in for questioning.

Case seems to have gone cold again.

It sure makes you wonder if they are finalizing a case or still fishing for some one to charge. The longer it drags out the stranger it gets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino