OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought this was done by one person. Then I started thinking about whether it could have been two people. I just can't see more then one person not letting their involvement slip out to someone. I guess I just can't see that here we are over a year later and nothing. I mean 4 crime scenes and no evidence left, no one saw anything, no one heard anything, no one noticed anybody acting different...nothing. Or if someone knows, they haven't reported anything.

I've always thought this was done by one person. Then I started thinking about whether it could have been two people. I just can't see more then one person not letting their involvement slip out to someone. I guess I just can't see that here we are over a year later and nothing. I mean 4 crime scenes and no evidence left, no one saw anything, no one heard anything, no one noticed anybody acting different...nothing. Or if someone knows, they haven't reported anything.
BBM
We don't know that for sure. A couple murders that took years to solve around here were only solved b/c they'd gotten a little dna at the site but it wasn't in the banks. Over five years later one of the pair left their dna at another robbery. Boom. They had them. They even had people left alive at the murder site but were too frightened to talk or just blanked it out. Everyone was very young, even the shooters. But LE never revealed that they had that dna. There were billboards, rewards, etc... but nothing until the guy messed up at another site.

I'm along the lines of at least two, or maybe three. One driving, two going inside. GR's dad seems to be a low key kinda fella and combined with him living in Kentucky, he's not been in the spotlight at all. He had some interesting comments in the couple of times he did speak with the media though.
[FONT=&amp]According to Junk, he does not believe the murders were the acts of one person.That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
.http://www.10tv.com/article/pike-county-murder-investigation-continues-fundraisers-victims-begin[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person.[/FONT]
http://www.10tv.com/article/father-pike-co-murder-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured

DR and HMR were both CNAs, GR's father said that GR and CR1 worked at BBL, along with a couple others, and made good money there, KR had a good job, and FR worked at the sawmill, so I don't see them as folks who were just sitting around doing or selling dope from their homes all day. GR's father describes what CR1 and GR did at BBL @2:49. From 2:49 on is interesting too as he gives his thoughts from what he seems to have been told about the crime.

[video=youtube;4NCX8nLDnX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCX8nLDnX8[/video]

Thank you for sharing that interview. I've never seen it before. Can anyone make out what he is saying around the 4:20 mark, right before he says that GR was laying on CRSr's legs?

I hear they were like brothers. Heartbreaking interview.

He seems so down to earth, not trying to gain fame or limelight.

He seems so down to earth, not trying to gain fame or limelight.

AFAIK that's the only interview that he's given. I took note of him mentioning that, loosely quoted, that he'd not given media interviews because FB and others, had blown stuff up.

BBM
We don't know that for sure. A couple murders that took years to solve around here were only solved b/c they'd gotten a little dna at the site but it wasn't in the banks. Over five years later one of the pair left their dna at another robbery. Boom. They had them. They even had people left alive at the murder site but were too frightened to talk or just blanked it out. Everyone was very young, even the shooters. But LE never revealed that they had that dna. There were billboards, rewards, etc... but nothing until the guy messed up at another site.

I'm along the lines of at least two, or maybe three. One driving, two going inside. GR's dad seems to be a low key kinda fella and combined with him living in Kentucky, he's not been in the spotlight at all. He had some interesting comments in the couple of times he did speak with the media though.
[FONT=&amp]
.http://www.10tv.com/article/pike-county-murder-investigation-continues-fundraisers-victims-begin[/FONT]

http://www.10tv.com/article/father-pike-co-murder-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured

DR and HMR were both CNAs, GR's father said that GR and CR1 worked at BBL, along with a couple others, and made good money there, KR had a good job, and FR worked at the sawmill, so I don't see them as folks who were just sitting around doing or selling dope from their homes all day. GR's father describes what CR1 and GR did at BBL @2:49. From 2:49 on is interesting too as he gives his thoughts from what he seems to have been told about the crime.

I remember watching this video. It broke my heart then and it breaks my heart now. His grief is written all over his face, and I wish I could just hug his neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

[FONT=&amp]

He really had a hard time keeping it together in that interview. I felt so bad for him the first time I saw it. He was really hurting...

I wonder why this has not exploded in the news?

How many people were killed by the Manson crowd?

Is it because they were only 'shot' and not stabbed to death that there is no panic?

I just don't get it. This should be priority one in the entire State/area.

Why is it not?

BBM

[FONT=&amp]

Rsd1200 do you think you could transcribe the video for us? i tried closed captions but it seems the computer is having trouble interpreting what Mr. R is saying although it gets the reporters questions right.

Thank you Rsd1200 for all your hard work in transcribing these vidoes for us. You are awesome!!

I wonder why this has not exploded in the news?

How many people were killed by the Manson crowd?

Is it because they were only 'shot' and not stabbed to death that there is no panic?

I just don't get it. This should be priority one in the entire State/area.

Why is it not?

It is because right off the bat, the only real details that they gave the public was something that would make the family look bad (A law enforcement source has confirmed that investigators found some 200 marijuana plants in the executed Ohio family's indoor grow operation, http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officia...ound-in-executed-ohio-familys-grow-operation/, and that even got the $25k reward reneged upon.). They have given the public nothing about the details of anything regarding the murders, that could help the public topossibly help them, in finding what/who they were looking for, until one year later, when they put a shout out for anyone who had done business with the Ws. That's just too little too late (imo). It's not b/c they were shot. It's b/c they had a couple pot grows at two sites. So what. HMR was barely 19, CR2 had just turned 16 the week before, HG & FR were both only 20. The pot was on CR1's and KR's locations iirc, but they made it out in the beginning that it was found at three of four locations, talked about the game *advertiser censored*, etc... Not a word about a single piece of evidence that the public may know that could help them with this, that I recall. I understand keeping certain things under wraps but to wait a year to ask for help from people? A year?! Smh. Just frustrated a bit.

Rsd1200 do you think you could transcribe the video for us? i tried closed captions but it seems the computer is having trouble interpreting what Mr. R is saying although it gets the reporters questions right.

Thank you Rsd1200 for all your hard work in transcribing these vidoes for us. You are awesome!!

Will do. Give me a little bit, I have to run some errands today and will get to it when I get home this afternoon.

Which part are you having trouble with? I don't mind transcribing a couple things, but don't feel like transcribing the reporters questions. Assume you can understand those.

Just try listening a few times and you'll get the feel for his accent. He says about his son "he'd give you the shirt off his back". Google that expression if you don't understand it.

He says the whole family were good people.

Try listening a few more times, you'll figure it out.

This video came out early after the killings. This was at Gary Rhoden's funeral. It was the first time it was reported that there was more than one kind of bullet/shell/whatever used in the shootings. It was also the first time we heard that GR was thrown on top of CR1, "laid across his legs".

Try going back to the first couple weeks of threads here and you'll find all the details. The interview was discussed extensively.

Here's a link to the page where discussion began

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ly-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-4/page68

It is because right off the bat, the only real details that they gave the public was something that would make the family look bad (A law enforcement source has confirmed that investigators found some 200 marijuana plants in the executed Ohio family's indoor grow operation, http://www.cbsnews.com/news/officia...ound-in-executed-ohio-familys-grow-operation/, and that even got the $25k reward reneged upon.). They have given the public nothing about the details of anything regarding the murders, that could help the public topossibly help them, in finding what/who they were looking for, until one year later, when they put a shout out for anyone who had done business with the Ws. That's just too little too late (imo). It's not b/c they were shot. It's b/c they had a couple pot grows at two sites. So what. HMR was barely 19, CR2 had just turned 16 the week before, HG & FR were both only 20. The pot was on CR1's and KR's locations iirc, but they made it out in the beginning that it was found at three of four locations, talked about the game *advertiser censored*, etc... Not a word about a single piece of evidence that the public may know that could help them with this, that I recall. I understand keeping certain things under wraps but to wait a year to ask for help from people? A year?! Smh. Just frustrated a bit.

For the most part, LE has been very irresponsible in how they've dealt with the public and the surviving family in this case. They deliberately stirred up a lot of fear and paranoia among the locals, but offered nothing to help them feel safe. They also kept painting the dead family members as drug using/dealing adults, when most of them were either teens or barely out of their teens. They were indirectly blaming the victims for their own deaths. Yet no trash talk about W family, nary a mention of them until the last month or so.

JMO, it hints at an attempt to cover something up.

Which part are you having trouble with? I don't mind transcribing a couple things, but don't feel like transcribing the reporters questions. Assume you can understand those.

Just try listening a few times and you'll get the feel for his accent. He says about his son "he'd give you the shirt off his back". Google that expression if you don't understand it.

He says the whole family were good people.

Try listening a few more times, you'll figure it out.

This video came out early after the killings. This was at Gary Rhoden's funeral. It was the first time it was reported that there was more than one kind of bullet/shell/whatever used in the shootings. It was also the first time we heard that GR was thrown on top of CR1, "laid across his legs".

Try going back to the first couple weeks of threads here and you'll find all the details. The interview was discussed extensively.

Here's a link to the page where discussion began

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ly-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-4/page68

​I have tried listening over and over then tried it with headphones and without. I listened to it with closed captions but even though the program got the reporters questions it was all over the board with Mr. R's answers. The accent is just too thick I guess. I might try hubby's headphone which are a bit higher grade than mine.

Reporter: "What are your thoughts on a day like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "It's a sad day. A very sad day."

Reporter: What are your questions about this? You must have lots of questions. What would you like to say?"

Kenneth Rhoden: I'd like for them to find out who done it. That's what I would love (?)."

Reporter: "Did you know if your son had any enemies who would do something like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "No."

Reporter: "Tell us about Gary. What kind of a person was he?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "He was just a (?) hard worker. He is a hard worker. A good kid. He would give you the shirt off his back."

Reporter: "You must have been shocked when you heard the news. That something like this, so vicious."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah. Yeah, I was real shocked about all of them. They're all my relations."

Second Reporter: "Yes sir. This whole community has just embraced your family. Of course, after the tragedy of this, what do you say to the folk home here in Piketon to around the country who have been watching this closely?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah they been watching it closely."

Second reporter: "Your thoughts? You just said something. What do you think?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I think they are doing a good job up (out?) there."

First reporter: "Do you think they are going to catch your son's killer?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I think so, or I am hoping so."

First Reporter: "What would you like to say to the people who are responsible, or the person or persons responsible if you had a chance to talk to them right now and look them in the face. What do you want to tell those people?

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, really you might not want to hear it."

First Reporter: "You want to give it a shot?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Ahhh I'd like to take them and torture them killing the whole family up like that."

First Reporter: "Uh huh. Law enforcement is working really hard to find them they say."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Huh?"

First Reporter: "Law enforcement says they are working around the clock trying to find them."

Kenneth Rhoden: "I know it. They said they ain't gonna quit til they do. That's all. About all I know.

First Reporter: "What did Gary enjoy doing with his life? What did he, tell us about."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Fish and hunt and stuff like that and he worked odd jobs. Stuff like that. He was working up there at Bear Lake, him and Chris and two more boys. Made good money there. Run backhoes. Laid concrete. Built houses. Stuff like that."

First Reporter: "Do you think the person or persons who committed these crimes knew the family?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well somebody had to know something. Wasn't no doors busted down. I ain't gonna say that he knowed them a lot because I don't know."

Third Reporter: "What kind of person would a crime like this do you think?"

Third Reporter: "What sort of person would do a crime like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, don't know. A very bad crime guy. I'd say more than one."

First Reporter: "You would say more than one person?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I'd say it was more than two. I figure it was laid out and figured out and everything. It was laid out."

First Reporter: "Did they tell you about your son about whether he was in bed or whether he was on the floor? Did they give you any descriptions about what happened in that house?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "They said Gary was uhh. He, his nephew, they was like brothers. My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs, shot 3 times in the head Gary was." For the rest of them I don't know about the shooting. I ain't heared.

Third Reporter: "Do you have any idea what the motive could have been for this crime? Any ideas?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "No sir."

Fourth Reporter: "Sir, I got here a little late. Tell us a little bit about Gary."

Kenneth Rhoden: "What do you want to know?"

Fourth Reporter: "Tell me what he was like. Tell me about, he was your son?

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah."

Fourth Reporter: "I'm so sorry for your loss." Tell me a little bit about him."

Kenneth Rhoden: "He was a good boy. He would give the shirt off his back to anybody. He'd do a lot to help other people and he liked to hunt and fish and he worked. He was a good kid."

Fourth Reporter: "How is your family coping with all this Sir?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Rough."

Fourth Reporter: "In what way?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "This is the worst thing I've ever went through with." I've lost my mom. I've lost sisters. I've lost brothers. I lost my dad, grandpa and right on down and Gary just ___. They all was good persons. The whole family. My nephews and nieces ___"

Fourth Reporter: "Take care of one another."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah. Right."

Second reporter: "Sir, there is a lot of speculation on motive and everything. Is there anything that you want to say is not true that you have heard going around or anything?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, I'd say right. I'd say FaceBook blowed everything up. That's the reason I didn't talk to a lot of media. Sometimes they mishandle stuff."

Reporter: "But, we appreciate you talking to us and giving us real information from you."

Kenneth Rhoden: "mmmm."

Reporter: "What's your name sir?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Kenneth Rhoden. No middle name. I'm the only one in the family without a middle name and there's twelve of us. Twelve.. twelve brothers and sisters. I had a big family. I was raised and born in... out on Big Little Wood, Garrison, Kentucky. Got burned out there when I was 4 years old and we moved to Greene County on Flintstone (?) road."

Reporter: "Probably went to Familyville Store quite a bit?"

Reporter: "Grew up there."

The End

- - - - - - - - - -- - - I tried. Really not sure about the last part of the interview of the county and road or the store. I'm not familiar with the roads or counties he mentions. :dunno:

Reporter: "What are your thoughts on a day like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "It's a sad day. A very sad day."

Reporter: What are your questions about this? You must have lots of questions. What would you like to say?"

Kenneth Rhoden: I'd like for them to find out who done it. That's what I would love (?)."

Reporter: "Did you know if your son had any enemies who would do something like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "No."

Reporter: "Tell us about Gary. What kind of a person was he?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "He was just a (?) hard worker. He is a hard worker. A good kid. He would give you the shirt off his back."

Reporter: "You must have been shocked when you heard the news. That something like this, so vicious."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah. Yeah, I was real shocked about all of them. They're all my relations."

Second Reporter: "Yes sir. This whole community has just embraced your family. Of course, after the tragedy of this, what do you say to the folk home here in Piketon to around the country who have been watching this closely?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah they been watching it closely."

Second reporter: "Your thoughts? You just said something. What do you think?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I think they are doing a good job up (out?) there."

First reporter: "Do you think they are going to catch your son's killer?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I think so, or I am hoping so."

First Reporter: "What would you like to say to the people who are responsible, or the person or persons responsible if you had a chance to talk to them right now and look them in the face. What do you want to tell those people?

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, really you might not want to hear it."

First Reporter: "You want to give it a shot?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Ahhh I'd like to take them and torture them killing the whole family up like that."

First Reporter: "Uh huh. Law enforcement is working really hard to find them they say."

First Reporter: "Law enforcement says they are working around the clock trying to find them."

Kenneth Rhoden: "I know it. They said they ain't gonna quit til they do. That's all. About all I know.

First Reporter: "What did Gary enjoy doing with his life? What did he, tell us about."

Kenneth Rhoden: "Fish and hunt and stuff like that and he worked odd jobs. Stuff like that. He was working up there at Bear Lake, him and Chris and two more boys. Made good money there. Run backhoes. Laid concrete. Built houses. Stuff like that."

First Reporter: "Do you think the person or persons who committed these crimes knew the family?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well somebody had to know something. Wasn't no doors busted down. I ain't gonna say that he knowed them a lot because I don't know."

Third Reporter: "What kind of person would a crime like this do you think?"

Third Reporter: "What sort of person would do a crime like this?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, don't know. A very bad crime guy. I'd say more than one."

First Reporter: "You would say more than one person?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "I'd say it was more than two. I figure it was laid out and figured out and everything. It was laid out."

First Reporter: "Did they tell you about your son about whether he was in bed or whether he was on the floor? Did they give you any descriptions about what happened in that house?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "They said Gary was uhh. He, his nephew, they was like brothers. My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs, shot 3 times in the head Gary was." For the rest of them I don't know about the shooting. I ain't heared.

Third Reporter: "Do you have any idea what the motive could have been for this crime? Any ideas?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "No sir."

Fourth Reporter: "Sir, I got here a little late. Tell us a little bit about Gary."

Kenneth Rhoden: "What do you want to know?"

Fourth Reporter: "Tell me what he was like. Tell me about, he was your son?

Fourth Reporter: "I'm so sorry for your loss." Tell me a little bit about him."

Kenneth Rhoden: "He was a good boy. He would give the shirt off his back to anybody. He'd do a lot to help other people and he liked to hunt and fish and he worked. He was a good kid."

Fourth Reporter: "How is your family coping with all this Sir?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Rough."

Fourth Reporter: "In what way?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "This is the worst thing I've ever went through with." I've lost my mom. I've lost sisters. I've lost brothers. I lost my dad, grandpa and right on down and Gary just ___. They all was good persons. The whole family. My nephews and nieces ___"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Yeah. Right."

Second reporter: "Sir, there is a lot of speculation on motive and everything. Is there anything that you want to say is not true that you have heard going around or anything?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Well, I'd say right. I'd say FaceBook blowed everything up. That's the reason I didn't talk to a lot of media. Sometimes they mishandle stuff."

Reporter: "But, we appreciate you talking to us and giving us real information from you."

Kenneth Rhoden: "mmmm."

Reporter: "What's your name sir?"

Kenneth Rhoden: "Kenneth Rhoden. No middle name. I'm the only one in the family without a middle name and there's twelve of us. Twelve.. twelve brothers and sisters. I had a big family. I was raised and born in... out on Big Little Wood, Garrison, Kentucky. Got burned out there when I was 4 years old and we moved to Gr (?) County on Flintstone (?) road."

Reporter: "Probably went to Familyville Store quite a bit?"

Reporter: "Grew up there."

The End

- - - - - - - - - -- - - I tried. Really not sure about the last part of the interview of the county and road or the store. I'm not familiar with the roads or counties in Ohio. :dunno:

Does anyone know what he meant by "laid out"? Did he mean the positions of the bodies?

He too agrees with LM that the R's knew and maybe invited in the killers.

Thank you BettyP!!!

Does anyone know what he meant by "laid out"? Did he mean the positions of the bodies?

Thank you BettyP!!!

I'm thinking he meant pre-planned?

Thank you BettyP!!!

Laid out means planned out as in laid out plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member