OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think a family of 8 being killed would indicate they knew something was coming and would be prepared, unless they thought they were invisible.

ETA: ... Because this wasn't random.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but look at things they have stated before and then that wasn't correct. They are either bumbling fools or smart like a fox and know who the killer is and the killer has no idea.

Playing games.

I asked my husband about this case, he is retired LE. He said 200 plants is not a large grow operation- probably for personal use and small sales or for friends, unless they were 8 foot plants. Trust me, he made lots of busts as a police chief. His theory is someone in this family owed the wrong people a LOT of money. He said professional, planned out hit. Too much for one or two people. JMO

From the article I read it said 200 plants were found indoors at one location but that does not include outdoor plants found nor the other two locations. I think the fact that half a million dollars in value was estimated as the value of the plants means that it was a lot more than just 200 plants. If they could do up to 4 crops a year and a half a million per crop that's two million per year which I think could qualify as more than just for personal use. Remember, this is only what we have been told by law enforcement was found as of the initial searches. It is quite possible there are other grow sites on other properties we don't know about yet so this very well could have been a much larger pot operation then we currently think it is.

Since this Appalachian drug business has apparently been in full swing for some time, it is entirely possible that a sort of underground 'mafia' of the area exists. There could be growers, distributors, collectors, couriers, etc. You mess up or get in the way or try to run a competing operation without paying up, there are enforcers.

It has to be multiple shooters the way I see it. The properties are close. People have cell phones. Even with the multiple gunshot wounds, it could still be looked at as a cold-blooded execution. But whoever ordered it or did it, they were plenty p.o.'d at the targets to wipe them all out.

A friend of mine familiar with the entire southern OH area, said this:

"Im not trying to bad mouth LE in southern ohio but there is numerous unsolved murders and missing people. It has effected just about every household in one way or another. There is very little to no trust in LE locally. This said a majority of the ppl will not turn to them nor help in any investigation due to the lack of trust. It's a sad thing."

I read the same thing from people in the area, and probably why Leonard said things have been going on in the county and he's not going to be speaking of it ... yet.

To address the "they". They is sometimes used to describe one person , when not knowing whom is really being addressed. So she could have easily meant "they "as in killer. She wouldn't know if it was a he or she . Or if there were indeed more than one.
Hope I made sense there.
The "we" in the 911 call , I cannot explain. To me she wasn't alone and I can't figure out why she would lie about that

You make perfect sense.

I don't think Bobbie is lying about anything and she truly is devastated to see all of her family members have been murdered. I don't think she had any involvement in these murders either nor knew they were going to happen.

If I was Bobbie, and found the two men (family members) in one home dead the next thing I would do immediately is rush to another home nearby to check on them to see if they were okay or to tell them what had happened. So Bobbie going to two homes close by isn't suspicious to me whatsoever and very understandable.

As far as using 'we' she may have had someone with her at the time and most likely did.

I have seen people use 'they' all of my life, and I have used it myself. I do so when I am not sure if some unknown person is a she or he or how many they are. So that seems very normal to me with her saying it since she would have no idea at the time who did it, what gender they were or how many were involved.

It is quite common though to pick a family member's words apart on cases like this, but most all of the time in the end ...they had nothing to do with the crime nor did they know anything at the time they found their loved ones murdered. People from all areas speak differently and certain words have different means depending on the geographical area the person is from. To some it seems foreign who live elsewhere in another part of the country.

IMO

Yes but look at things they have stated before and then that wasn't correct. They are either bumbling fools or smart like a fox and know who the killer is and the killer has no idea.

I'm going with in over their heads but trying to sound on top of it.

I wonder more and more if the "anonymous tip" that got the gamecock fighter in WV busted didn't come from one of the Rhodens (see thread 3, post #10). Perhaps Gary who would live only an hour North of where the bust happened. Maybe owed them money and ratted him out so they didn't have to pay it back? Perhaps ratted him out to take out a rival? Who knows.

This was not some small time player. He had over 100 birds and thousands of dollars worth of *advertiser censored* fighting equipment. These *advertiser censored* fighters are a very secretive, closed group of people. They aren't exactly going to go to the police over gambling debts and heaven help you if they want revenge. IF one of the Rhodens were to have been discovered to be the narcs, to me it wouldn't be a stretch to take out the family. This would also explain why there could be on-going danger to the remainder or the Rhoden family.

@neeleyradionews

Investigators looking into possible connection betwn #PikeCounty murders and Scioto Co. murders of Mykal Newsome & her mother Candy in Jan.

I'm going with in over their heads but trying to sound on top of it.

Also, neither the sheriff nor the AG is actually investigating this case. The lead investigator has answered less than 5 questions and not given any briefings that I've seen. He would likely have been more accurate in his statements, but is too busy investigating to update the press. Couple that with not wanting to give out some information and misspeaking seems like a certainty.

db432e51e191f76d98f2c426df855fb4.jpg

@jayfug

Additional #PikeCounty #OHShootings evidence: DNA, ballistics, latent print, trace.

They should've brought in the FBI from the beginning, whether this is protocal or not. Since Candy Newsome and her daughter's executions haven't been solved in Scioto and so many unsolved deaths in Pike County this should've been handled by other agencies along with local.

Wondering if the person shot 9 times was actually in a gunfight....and was also shooting at perp(s) Also, perps could have tracked blood from one scene to the next, so if say, CRsr's blood was found at Dana's, it could be because Dana was shot AFTER Crsr. JMO And not necessarily because it was tracked in by Bobby.

I sure wish that was the case because DNA of the suspect/s if they were hit in the exchange of gunfire would be everywhere and would certainly assist LE if any of the suspects are already in CODIS.

I must be missing something. Has LE said blood was tracked in the homes that belong to all of the victims? Have they said Bobbie tracked blood?

I have felt all along these murders were done at the same time with different shooters involved. I think they carried this off like a military mission and that way none of the victims could flee if they heard gunfire coming from one of their family member's home nor would they be able to come to the aide of their family members either. Now the other home far away may have been done after the ones were killed who lived close by each other.

IMO.

I sure wish that was the case because DNA of the suspect/s if they were hit in the exchange of gunfire would be everywhere and would certainly assist LE if any of the suspects are already in CODIS.

I must be missing something. Has LE said blood was tracked in the homes that belong to all of the victims? Have they said Bobbie tracked blood?

I have felt all along these murders were done at the same time with different shooters involved. I think they carried this off like a military mission and that way none of the victims could flee if they heard gunfire coming from one of their family member's home nor would they be able to come to the aide of their family members either. Now the other home far away may have been done after the ones were killed who lived close by each other.

IMO.
It will be interesting to hear the TOD of the resident miles away. Maybe he was first?
Who knows!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members