OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked when I was in the US that they were more aisles of pain killers than cereal in supermarkets. Strong painkillers. Why does the US have such a pain problem?

People don't like to think that this is how it happened, but, this is how it happened. People didn't used to take pain pills for every little thing.

In 1999, the Joint Commission, a group that gives accreditation to health care organizations, added pain to the list of vital signs that doctors should check, along with blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respirator rate, Beck writes.

Making doctors check for pain, along with other vital signs, even in routine check-ups? What a harbinger of what was yet to come for West Virginia - and the pain of addiction turned out to be a much more dangerous and unhealthy menace than any injury a disabled coal miner could suffer from - even worse than a bad back, strained arm, or broken leg.

The prescription drug scourge in counties like McDowell did not happen randomly. In the late 1990s, Purdue Pharma, the maker of OxyContin, aggressively marketed the pill to doctors in Appalachia, where injuries from hard-labor jobs often produce chronic pain. The use and abuse of OxyContin became so widespread that it eventually earned the nickname "hillbilly heroin," according to an article on the homepage of Phoenix House, a company that has been providing a holistic approach to its patients' addictions for 50 years.

https://www.opednews.com/articles/A...tion_Addictions_Average_Death-150829-928.html

I've been following the disappearance of the little toddler, 3 year old, Sheri Mathews. I thought of the silence in this case. There's hardly anything being given to the public. I'm not sure there's even any active LE searches now. Mom and Dad are not visible at all and there's people still voluntarily searching for her. I thought of this case at one point when LE visited a man five times, to review his video surveillance. He was very willing to help them. They asked him not to say anything to anyone about what was on his video surveillance. There could be some of that going on in this case. The people who they've interviewed, they've asked not to speak about the case, to preserve the case.

My dog had bone cancer in 2013. I requested a pain patch for him. I believe it was fentanyl. I was in Kentucky at the time and my vet had to file a bunch of paperwork with the state to do it, so it took a couple of weeks to get it. I think the order was for 3 pain patches, which lasted a week each. The vet kept the patches there and I was to bring my dog in weekly for application and removal. Unfortunately, by the time the meds arrived, he had the first patch on for less than 3 days before we had to put him down. I always hoped that since they had two more patches on hand that they would use them on someone else's terminally ill pet to prevent suffering. (When I ordered them initially my dog did not seem to be in pain, but animals hide it well and I was aware that eventually bone cancer would cause pain. I wanted him on pain meds asap just in case.) If a vet refused pain meds for my animal, I would see another vet. Often the vet simply doesn't want to do the necessary paperwork and pay the necessary fees to the state to dispense these meds.

In Kentucky, after they began to crack down on pill mills, vets suddenly had to pay fees and complete a lot of paperwork for the state if they wanted to continue to dispense certain pain meds. So the crackdowns affected vets as well. I had actually been told by one of the vets there when this changed that he did not want to deal with the new rules and so would no longer be dispensing pain meds. So when my dog became ill, I spoke to a different vet there (one who adored my dog so much that he wept when he put him down) because I knew he would change the other vet's mind in order to give comfort for this dog.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am sorry about the loss of your dog. I too lost a dog to bone cancer. A Rott. She lived a long life though before she got it and we ultimately had to make a choice as the pain meds were no longer cutting it. It was in the mid-90s and our vet was still providing pain treatment in pill form, as needed. He's since retired but where I live, in Ky. we were still able to obtain pain meds for the last animal that they felt needed them. They are large and small animal vets though and good pain management in large animals is a must, so it likely seems normal, or they already have paperwork at the ready.

This is the case that brought me to WS. Every day I am appalled that no arrests have been made. It is believed that an officer was involved (the almost-BIL of the victim). Crystal was a mother of 5. Now if you want to look at the a case that most likely has LE involvement that has stymied an investigation, look not only at the disappearance and death of Crystal and her father, but at the other unsolved cases in that county, including officer Jason Ellis.

I've been watching Crystal's case. I've not kept track JE's, I'll have to pop over there. Ky seems to have it's share of corrupt LE. Seems there'd be somethin' sketchy about the gf of a suspect swiping and destroying remembrance signs!

I've been watching Crystal's case. I've not kept track JE's, I'll have to pop over there. Ky seems to have it's share of corrupt LE. Seems there'd be somethin' sketchy about the gf of a suspect swiping and destroying remembrance signs!
I lived in Kentucky for 15 years, until recently. There is at least one more unsolved double murder (mother and daughter) in that county.

In response to the general topic of corrupt LE in Pike County, there's this, today: http://www.dispatch.com/news/201710...eputy-pleads-guilty-in-friends-shooting-death.

I can NOT believe anyone bought that *advertiser censored* and bull story. He walked away, but his friend asked to try it again and he forgot to check the chamber for a third time?! Who put bullets in it after the first two times?! Did they grow there? I've never seen a firearm that sprouts bullets. It sounds as if they were kids on a playground. I tried to walk away mom, but he asked, and I just forgot... There were two shots Give me a break.

I can't read that one due to the pay wall. Name involved so I can look for another source?

Former Pike County deputy pleads guilty in friend’s shooting death

WAVERLY — Former Pike County deputy sheriff Joel Jenkins was under investigation for what state investigators thought was an unnecessary fatal shooting of an unarmed suspect when, just days before a grand jury was to convene to decide whether Jenkins should be charged, a next-door neighbor was shot to death in Jenkins’ home.

No one has ever publicly said exactly what happened late the night of Dec. 3, 2015, when 40-year-old Jason Brady died. Until Monday, at least. That’s when, after taking a last-minute plea deal offered by state prosecutors just as his trial was supposed to start in Pike County Common Pleas Court, Jenkins pleaded guilty to a third-degree felony charge of reckless homicide for his role in Brady’s death. In exchange for the plea, prosecutors dismissed charges of tampering with evidence and involuntary manslaughter and agreed to reduce a mandatory three years in prison because a gun was used to just one required year.

Collins said Brady asked Jenkins to show him how to take a gun away from someone, and Jenkins agreed. He said Jenkins checked the clip to make sure there was no bullet in the chamber of the 9 mm handgun and that Brady twice had it in his right hand as Jenkins demonstrated how to disarm someone. Then, Collins said, Jenkins walked away and Brady asked to try it again, this time with his left hand. On that third try, Jenkins didn’t recheck the clip and the gun discharged twice, killing Brady, Collins said.

How does a sheriff's deputy "accidentally" shoot someone twice? The extra sauce for this story is that he was killed with a gun belonging to Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. Junk is the prosecutor technically in charge of the Rhoden Murder cases.

No sentient person would believe former deputy Jenkins' story. Of course there were no witnesses.

Several months before he killed his "best friend", Jenkins fatally shot a man seven times after pulling him over for a for a speeding violation. All because he thought he had drugs in his car.

Jenkins is still free on bond. He was free on bond after killing his best friend, free at the time of the Rhoden murders.

More articles about his trial for killing Rooker

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...jenkins-innocent-if-you-believe-him/96669262/

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

I lived in Kentucky for 15 years, until recently. There is at least one more unsolved double murder (mother and daughter) in that county.

Do they have a thread here?

Former Pike County deputy pleads guilty in friend’s shooting death

WAVERLY — Former Pike County deputy sheriff Joel Jenkins was under investigation for what state investigators thought was an unnecessary fatal shooting of an unarmed suspect when, just days before a grand jury was to convene to decide whether Jenkins should be charged, a next-door neighbor was shot to death in Jenkins’ home.

How does a sheriff's deputy "accidentally" shoot someone twice? The extra sauce for this story is that he was killed with a gun belonging to Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. Junk is the prosecutor technically in charge of the Rhoden Murder cases.

No sentient person would believe former deputy Jenkins' story. Of course there were no witnesses.

Several months before he killed his "best friend", Jenkins fatally shot a man seven times after pulling him over for a for a speeding violation. All because he thought he had drugs in his car.

Jenkins is still free on bond. He was free on bond after killing his best friend, free at the time of the Rhoden murders.

More articles about his trial for killing Rooker

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...jenkins-innocent-if-you-believe-him/96669262/

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/stat...deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

BBM

No, they would not, and they would not have believed he needed to shoot that kid seven times, either. His truck was in a ditch line/creek bed iirc, how else did he expect the boy to get out without using his hands?! At least he will never be able to be a LEO ever again. He's the kind of cop that gives good cops a bad name. Seems there's been more than a few "Jenkins" here lately.

Do they have a thread here?
Let me check that one. I have to remember the names first. But it seems that all of these people (the mother who was a teacher, Crystal and/or the Houk's, and the officer all knew each other to a degree).

BBM

No, they would not, and they would not have believed he needed to shoot that kid seven times, either. His truck was in a ditch line/creek bed iirc, how else did he expect the boy to get out without using his hands?! At least he will never be able to be a LEO ever again. He's the kind of cop that gives good cops a bad name. Seems there's been more than a few "Jenkins" here lately.

Do you think he could have been involved in the Rhoden murders? Or is he just another example of Prosecutor Junk covering up crimes?

Do you think he could have been involved in the Rhoden murders? Or is he just another example of Prosecutor Junk covering up crimes?

I've never ruled him out. When I mention dirty LE, his name always comes to mind. He went up around Washington Court House while he was waiting for trial, at least for awhile. Out of site, out of mind.

How would a family member even come to anyone other than Jesus with that? I mean, if they knew that he, or any cop, was involved, if you want your family to survive, you can't talk. Especially if you have zero pull in a community. I just don't see the Rs and Gs as having that kind of pull.

Drug wholesalers shipped 9 million opioid painkillers over two years to a single West Virginia pharmacy — Quartz

Doctors can do one simple thing to fight the opioid abuse epidemic — Quartz

To those of us who do not live in the area, it is mind boggling that 9 million pain pills, presumably Oxycontin, could be shipped to a small town like Kermit WV, population 392, in a two year period to be dispensed in prescriptions.

That is 4.5 million pain pills a year. If you do the math that is 12,329 pain pills per day which is 31.5 pain pills per person per day.

Are any of these people still alive?

Given these statistics and given that Piketon Ohio is 115 miles from Kermit WV, little over a two hour drive, is it possible the same amount of pain pills were being shipped to the Piketon area?

Also given that DR and HR worked in nursing homes and home health care, both of which involves the dispensing of medications, and that CR1 had a home health care company registered in his name, could the R's have been receiving some of those huge shipments of pain pills through that company CR1 had registered in his name?

I am thinking of that phone call DR received the night of the murders after which she was crying and told a co-worker "I made a mistake".

I am also thinking of LM saying "If you want information go to the Lashee Nursing home and ask".

Then we have the statement of the young man when asked by the reporter if he knew the victims and he said "I knew them, if you wanted pills you went to them."

Could the R's have been involved in some of those huge shipments of pain pills through the company CR1 owned and the Lashee nursing home?

We also know that the R's were heavily involved with RW and BBL, and that CR1 and RW were involved in several companies of which two at least were health care related.

Is it possible that the R's and W's were involved in the sale of pain pills with RW who IIRC also owned a company in Florida?

All this is JMO.

BBM

Might want to research that, I recall he can work LE, just not same county. Yikes

Drug wholesalers shipped 9 million opioid painkillers over two years to a single West Virginia pharmacy — Quartz
To those of us who do not live in the area, it is mind boggling that 9 million pain pills, presumably Oxycontin, could be shipped to a small town like Kermit WV, population 392, in a two year period to be dispensed in prescriptions.
That is 4.5 million pain pills a year. If you do the math that is 12,329 pain pills per day which is 31.5 pain pills per person per day

Interesting, I looked up that incident.
Kermit, which sits in the poorest, most remote corner of southwest West Virginia at the Kentucky border, was drawing pill addicts from all over the Eastern seaboard. People were throwing pill parties in the parking lot. Trading pills, buying, selling, injecting, snorting, the works...(the pharmacy) owner, John T. Wooley, pleaded guilty to selling prescription pills by fraudulent means. Wooley, in cahoots with a pill mill “pain management” clinic that existed to sell scripts, was filling prescriptions as if the fate of mankind depended on it. https://www.salon.com/2012/04/11/americas_pill_popping_capital/

No doubt plenty of dealers went there to stock up for resale in the big cities, too.

Kermit has a long history of enriching itself through silently sanctioning illegal schemes, beginning with insurance fraud in the '70s. http://people.com/archive/almost-he...a-was-more-like-the-other-place-vol-30-no-20/

However, it never seems to have led to anyone being murdered,.

Anyhow, their illegal pill scheme, back then when the rules were much looser than now, depended on a corrupt pharmacist and corrupt doctors, and, given the risks they were taking, I don’t think they’d have handed any potential profits over to a nursing assistant and her extended family.

I think if this Ohio crime had been drug-related, it wouldn’t have been a massacre. All the perp would have had to do was threaten to cause harm to any of the children, or hurt one person, or at the extreme kill one person, to have gotten what they wanted. Dealers don’t want to draw the FBI to the area, intensely nosing around.

Might want to research that, I recall he can work LE, just not same county. Yikes

I hope this is true.

Judge Randy D. Deering could give Jenkins, 33, as many as three additional years in prison when he sentences him later. Jenkins, who was fired from the sheriff’s office after Brady’s death, remains free on bond. Because of this conviction, he can never be a peace officer again.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/201710...eputy-pleads-guilty-in-friends-shooting-death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove