OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - I agree.

If they walked all over more than one member, or a beloved member, of the same family, then there'd be more than one who'd come after them.

I just do not see the Rs as a threat to any big drug lord, based on what we have to go on. All we have to go on, is that they had a couple of grows, with, at most, a couple hundred plants (we've no proof of even that many). Between CR1, and KR, that would be a possible gross of $39k if they sold by the pound, and, if it was pretty decent weed. Add a possible cut for GR for helping with labor, (approx 1 hour per day or or so for every 4-6 plants), no plant loss due to insects, mold, etc..., and other overhead such as electricity, nutrients, water, for example, and you've whittled that down a bit. Weed becoming legal would even lessen their income. Weed prices in legal states are dropping like rocks. Weed, in shops, in CO, are as cheap, or cheaper, than weed in illegal states, so you know that the growers, like the Rs, are taking a hit. (Like bootleggers here. My friend was a bootlegger (may he r.i.p.). He lost a pretty good bit of side income when the city went wet. I think he still had some late night Sat., and Sunday, customers but that was about it.) If the Rs were a threat to any big drug lord, they'd have likely just cut the head(s) off the snake, and in such a way that the others knew to keep their mouths shut, and close up shop.

If LE was mixed in somehow and thought they may be exposed, it's possible they may have taken it upon themselves, to eradicate any threat that could come back to bite them. Self-preservation.

I think it is something else though. I've considered that they (CR1 and maybe KR or GR) may have been blackmailing someone, and they didn't realize the individual(s) had the capacity to hit back with such deadly force.

Love your new Avatar!

I've started some of my Christmas baking today, so have been ruminating on this case while I sling flour and sugar. So please indulge me a little ruminating.

At the time the Rhodens were murdered, the ballot initiative to legalize MJ in Ohio had failed. Voters thought it was structured to set up cartels, giving just a few wealthy execs and celebs complete control over all cultivation, distribution and sales. The opposing groups (and I can't recall their names) wanted a law that would allow individuals and small Ohio farmers to grow and sell. Both sides were still slugging it out in the news media, preparing to introduce a new ballot initiative.

No doubt people like CRSr would have liked to see something pass allowing smaller grow ops. He had kept his nose clean and with some of the property he had, may have qualified for a permit under a plan that gave licenses to many smaller Ohio grow ops. But what if there were other honchos in the region who wanted to apply as large scale grow ops? It's been said (and I'm no expert) that the conditions for growing MJ were optimal in that area around Pike, Adams, Brown. Scioto counties. So there might have been some growing competition among groups that wanted to apply for permits if MJ was legalized.

What if the big/wealthy landowners and business folk were busy talking to Ohio pols to pressure them to pass a new law that would restrict MJ growers only to big, wealthy companies. We know the small growers around the state were busy fighting to have a more open kind of grow law. What if the little guys like CRSr had already been working and competing with the big wealthy landowners, who could afford to buy protection. The whole issue of competition for who would be able to get local grow permits combined with access and pressure on local politicians in the statehouse became so heated that threats were made and people were killed. Could be CRSr knew enough about what bigger MJ growers were up to. Maybe they were also selling or transporting hard drugs. CRSr could have made a threat that was going t compromise someone's ability to have a clean permit. In that case, federal agents in the area could be the wild card. CRSr could have bypassed local LE, who might be looking the other way on big growers/dealers activities, but federal agents would be much less likely to do so.

The whole thing blew up, Rhodens were massacred and LE/prosecutors covered it up as quickly as possible while stiff arming the feds.

The growers in the Ohio MJ cartel who get permits to grow, process and sell will become extremely wealthy. They will show their appreciation to any locals who helped them get there, as is already seen in the permits recently issued. Lots of payback for the pols who quickly rammed this bill through. The Homan family is just one example. Check the permits recently granted to other big growers and you'll see the same things. Out of town big money investors, local rich guys with links and lot of donations to politicians, etc.

So, yeah, DeWine and all the other pols just want the Rhoden murders to go away. They want the new growers, processors and sellers to get licensed and in production and passing along favors as soon as possible. Everyone will be happy.

Can I ask you guys a question about a very strange phone call I received last week and what are your opinions...I'm new here and some of you might be able to figure out who I am from my question.I want to be very careful here and word what I have to say very carefully.Someone is either playing a prank on me,gas lighting or straight up serious.I contacted Pike County Sheriff's Department a few days after it happened and had a special agent from BCI call me the next morning.It was a very depressing and bleak phone call.I was almost staring at mortality on the way home from my appointment.I'm concerned for my safety.

Can I ask you guys a question about a very strange phone call I received last week and what are your opinions...I'm new here and some of you might be able to figure out who I am from my question.I want to be very careful here and word what I have to say very carefully.Someone is either playing a prank on me,gas lighting or straight up serious.I contacted Pike County Sheriff's Department a few days after it happened and had a special agent from BCI call me the next morning.It was a very depressing and bleak phone call.I was almost staring at mortality on the way home from my appointment.I'm concerned for my safety.

That's scary. Do you think you were "doxxed" online, someone figuring out your personal info from online to harass you? That's scary. Please be careful.

That's scary. Do you think you were "doxxed" online, someone figuring out your personal info from online to harass you? That's scary. Please be careful.
BCI told me that I did upset the family after i took some video and pics from UHR and that by being "nosey"I have introduced myself into a bad situation and "that things aren't looking well for you".I'm also a lurker on Topix and i'm thinking after i did post a few comments about someone laughing at the death of the family,that maybe they were able to find out my identity that way.

They said they found my number from the white pages.

BCI told me that I did upset the family after i took some video and pics from UHR and that by being "nosey"I have introduced myself into a bad situation and "that things aren't looking well for you".I'm also a lurker on Topix and i'm thinking after i did post a few comments about someone laughing at the death of the family,that maybe they were able to find out my identity that way.

They said they found my number from the white pages.

Yeah, I would certainly not go to the properties or take photos, etc. but that's just me. Nor post them online. I also never post at Topix, dont have an account there. I look in there once in a great while, but always felt it's best to stay away. A lot of the information there is just rumor anyway. You never know who is posting there and there isn't much in the way of moderation.

I've always felt fairly safe here at WS as the rules keep things under control. Mods are good, too.

ETA: Other WS posters have gone to neighborhoods, etc. and taken video of areas related to cases we're following. Sometimes that is helpful, but I would be careful. They usually just do photos and video of public places, streets, etc. For example, I recall some WS members on the Mickey Shunick (sp?) case drove the route the missing girl had taken on her bike before she was abducted. It was very helpful in understanding what happened. But I don't think the mods approve of people trespassing on private property to take photos or video, then posting here.

Yeah, I would certainly not go to the properties or take photos, etc. Nor post them online. I also never post at Topix, dont have an account there. I look in there once in a great while, but always felt it's best to stay away. A lot of the information there is just rumor anyway. You never know who is posting there and there isn't much in the way of moderation.

I've always felt fairly safe here at WS as the rules keep things under control. Mods are good, too.

This is why I am here.I also believe that LE is crawling all over Topix.It's like I'm at work today and want to tell a co worker what's going on but then they're going to think you're crazy so I keep it to myself.I just think someone from Topix was able to find out who I was but that's actually very unlikely.

When someone texts you after midnight and says that they had planned on stopping by because they know you live "by the church" and then invited you to church.That's read between the lines,I know who you are and exactly where you live.

BCI basically told me that there's nothing they can do,I'm on my own.My local PD said otherwise.They want to know who made the phone call because they want to "talk to them.I've made some poor decisions on the video and pics but would that really upset someone so much that they want to harass me ?

This is why I am here.I also believe that LE is crawling all over Topix.It's like I'm at work today and want to tell a co worker what's going on but then they're going to think you're crazy so I keep it to myself.I just think someone from Topix was able to find out who I was but that's actually very unlikely.

When someone texts you after midnight and says that they had planned on stopping by because they know you live "by the church" and then invited you to church.That's read between the lines,I know who you are and exactly where you live.

BCI basically told me that there's nothing they can do,I'm on my own.My local PD said otherwise.They want to know who made the phone call because they want to "talk to them.I've made some poor decisions on the video and pics but would that really upset someone so much that they want to harass me ?

I've always wondered if LE reads or comments on Topix. It wouldn't surprise me. People post a lot of things there, on many different crime cases, not just this one. Not sure why, but people seem to say anything on there. That's why WS doesn't allow anyone to link there. Most likely it was just bullying talk. Some people are more brave online than they are IRL. But texting after midnight? :scared: Can LE trace the number? Interesting that BCI said there was nothing they could do, but your local LE said otherwise.

I've always wondered if LE reads or comments on Topix. It wouldn't surprise me. People post a lot of things there, on many different crime cases, not just this one. Not sure why, but people seem to say anything on there. That's why WS doesn't allow anyone to link there. Most likely it was just bullying talk. Some people are more brave online than they are IRL. But texting after midnight? :scared: Can LE trace the number? Interesting that BCI said there was nothing they could do, but your local LE said otherwise.

I traced the number back to a girl in Lancaster,Ohio and she said through FB messaging that the number use to be her's.I didn't buy it.Local PD here wanted the texts and number and actually i'm suppose to call back to find out what they have found out.Yes it's very Interesting that PCSO basically said"you brought this on yourself".

I'm actually going to call the SGT that took the report right now.Thanks for taking the time to reply back,i really appreciate it.After dinner,i may get back on tonight.

I traced the number back to a girl in Lancaster,Ohio and she said through FB messaging that the number use to be her's.I didn't buy it.Local PD here wanted the texts and number and actually i'm suppose to call back to find out what they have found out.Yes it's very Interesting that PCSO basically said"you brought this on yourself".

I'm actually going to call the SGT that took the report right now.Thanks for taking the time to reply back,i really appreciate it.After dinner,i may get back on tonight.

I hope it all works out ok. If you have any questions about the rules and protecting your privacy here, you can always contact the Mods. Just to be on the safe side, even here I'm careful not to reveal or discuss much in personal messages at WS. Mods have little control over those messages, so you should be careful there as well. Also, never give out any info about your social media accounts or personal email.

I would not be surprised if not only LE but the perpetrators read Topix and this board both. Sorry to say it but in this day and age I would be concerned if someone I did not know text me and seemed to know where I lived. I would be pressing local LE to find out who and why. Hopefully it is some young kid far away being a smart *advertiser censored*...
I

I would not be surprised if not only LE but the perpetrators read Topix and this board both. Sorry to say it but in this day and age I would be concerned if someone I did not know text me and seemed to know where I lived. I would be pressing local LE to find out who and why. Hopefully it is some young kid far away being a smart *advertiser censored*...
I

Let's not forget to mention that perps have been known to visit and sometimes comment here. :scared: It's not common, but it happens.

Slightly OT, here's some interesting news:

Police seize less marijuana, meth in Ohio as usage soars

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...eize_less_marijuana_me.html#incart_river_home

Authorities said the reason stems from greater sophistication: Many marijuana growers are developing potent plants inside their homes and barns in elaborate grow operations, while Mexican drug cartels have established networks to ship cheap, yet powerful methamphetamine into Ohio, reducing the need to manufacture the drug here.

I thought there weren't any Mexican drug cartels working in Ohio. :rolleyes:

Seems closure of Ohio meth labs has declined 61% in the last few years.

The amount of marijuana uprooted has also dwindled. In 2010, authorities pulled a record 105,121 plants, many of which were planted in large plots in Southeast Ohio's rural hillsides. This year, authorities chopped down 20,468 plants, a reduction of 81 percent, the records show. Most of the plants were spotted in an eradication program in which state agents use a helicopter.

Ohio needs to legalize and regulate MJ for recreational use, IMO. It would sure put an end to a lot of crime and corruption.

Prospective medical marijuana growers weigh legal options after being denied Ohio licenses

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...tive_medical_marijuana.html#incart_river_home

Seems a lot of applicants with good scores didn't get licenses to grow, casting doubt on why some licenses were approved and others weren't.

Of note:

Two winning companies (Parma Wellness Center and Harvest Grows) were not among the top 12 scoring applicants but were awarded licenses because they were minority-owned.

73 of 109 applicants -- two-thirds -- were disqualified for various, unspecified reasons.

One of the top 12 scoring companies was disqualified.

The process for judging the applications isn't very transparent

Applicants were disqualified for many reasons, Gostomski said, ranging from a problems on a background check to not meeting the minimum scores in each of the five areas graded.

For example, a company could have received high marks on its business plan but not met the minimum score for its security plan.

Gostomski said the applications were reviewed by a combination of state employees and consultants, but she could not answer any other questions about the reviewers.

One permit was awarded for a grow op in an area that has a ban on medical MJ grow ops. :waitasec:

It's just a thought but how sure are we that the W family had nothing to do with this? If they were really planning to go to Alaska before all this happened do you think HR would have allowed her daughter to go to Alaska? It makes it a lot easier now that she's out of the way to keep their family together. Did anyone hear why HR' s daughter was picked up on Thursday instead of Friday?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

Let's not forget to mention that perps have been known to visit and sometimes comment here. :scared: It's not common, but it happens.

Slightly OT, here's some interesting news:

Police seize less marijuana, meth in Ohio as usage soars

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde...eize_less_marijuana_me.html#incart_river_home

I thought there weren't any Mexican drug cartels working in Ohio. :rolleyes:

Seems closure of Ohio meth labs has declined 61% in the last few years.

Ohio needs to legalize and regulate MJ for recreational use, IMO. It would sure put an end to a lot of crime and corruption.

This might be why it isn't legal. Prices will drop. I hear about arrests of Mexican Nationals in drug busts all the time in the Dayton, Ohio news. So they are definitely in Ohio. What is going to get interesting about any marijuana grow operations in Ohio is that it is a federal crime to bring seeds across state line to get them into Ohio. So, how are these people going to start growing medical marijuana with their grow permits?

This might be why it isn't legal. Prices will drop. I hear about arrests of Mexican Nationals in drug busts all the time in the Dayton, Ohio news. So they are definitely in Ohio. What is going to get interesting about any marijuana grow operations in Ohio is that it is a federal crime to bring seeds across state line to get them into Ohio. So, how are these people going to start growing medical marijuana with their grow permits?

As for federal law, that gets down to whether the federal government will continue to enforce their MJ laws. On their permits, they had to list the types of MJ they would be growing. Obviously they have to originally get the seeds somewhere. Maybe feds will look the other way? Its all strange. Also a cash business.

Ohio Dept of Commerce will run a seed to sale program and will oversee the operations

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/ohio-license-medical-marijuana-growers/l5UOufG98cC3V9bcJlGKKI/

Here's a link to the application for Terradiol of Syracuse, NY who won a permit for a grow op in Canton, OH.

https://medicalmarijuana.ohio.gov/D...Terradiol Ohio LLC (Canton, Stark County).pdf

Along about page 80 begins the specifics of how they will grow product.

Interesting the COO of Terradiol is a former police chief from Syracuse, NY who knew of and failed to report a Syracuse basketball coach who was molesting children. Okay.

ETA: Also noticed the company given permit for a grow op in Parma, OH is partly owned by the son of the former Governor of Arizona, John Fife Symington IV.

The son and other family members have business and personal ties to a man from Mexico who is banned from entering the US due to ties to the Sinaloa drug cartel. Awesome.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/symington-family-partner-under-suspicion-6423352

Symington resigned from office after being convicted of extortion and bank fraud. Awesome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fife_Symington

BBM - I agree.

If they walked all over more than one member, or a beloved member, of the same family, then there'd be more than one who'd come after them.

I just do not see the Rs as a threat to any big drug lord, based on what we have to go on. All we have to go on, is that they had a couple of grows, with, at most, a couple hundred plants (we've no proof of even that many). Between CR1, and KR, that would be a possible gross of $39k if they sold by the pound, and, if it was pretty decent weed. Add a possible cut for GR for helping with labor, (approx 1 hour per day or or so for every 4-6 plants), no plant loss due to insects, mold, etc..., and other overhead such as electricity, nutrients, water, for example, and you've whittled that down a bit. Weed becoming legal would even lessen their income. Weed prices in legal states are dropping like rocks. Weed, in shops, in CO, are as cheap, or cheaper, than weed in illegal states, so you know that the growers, like the Rs, are taking a hit. (Like bootleggers here. My friend was a bootlegger (may he r.i.p.). He lost a pretty good bit of side income when the city went wet. I think he still had some late night Sat., and Sunday, customers but that was about it.) If the Rs were a threat to any big drug lord, they'd have likely just cut the head(s) off the snake, and in such a way that the others knew to keep their mouths shut, and close up shop.

If LE was mixed in somehow and thought they may be exposed, it's possible they may have taken it upon themselves, to eradicate any threat that could come back to bite them. Self-preservation.

I think it is something else though. I've considered that they (CR1 and maybe KR or GR) may have been blackmailing someone, and they didn't realize the individual(s) had the capacity to hit back with such deadly force.

Rsd, I'm following your line of thought somewhat. Seems to me the Rhoden's were lossing a lot of profit in the MJ business, as you mentioned it was becoming legal and prices going down. With all the cars, it seems to me they were going into that business as a new direction for money. I wonder what other side lines would bring in good money ? Frankie was raising game *advertiser censored*, Dana was selling cars for another person, wasn't the family getting into breeding and selling hunting dogs also ? Buying properties and who knows what else they got into? Could one of these new ventures have gotten them killed? Where they getting to big for someone else? Could all the "rumors" of some of the family members having "big mouths" and bragging of what they had, have been enough for someone to silence them? Maybe person/person's were worried about "their" businesses and their names becoming public?
I truly believe that when the killers planned this , they never thought that people would be interested in the deaths of a "bunch of drug dealing, redneck hillbillies in a some town in Ohio.

Adding to the connections to one of the legalized grow ops in Ohio and the Sinaloa Cartel via J Fife Symington IV (on the board of Parma Wellness)

Symington is a director on the boards of a few agricultural businesses in Sinaloa, Mexico

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/...International Greenhouse Produce, S.A. de C.V.

Then there's this old story from the Mexican news, from 2016

El Chapo's Cartel May Be Responsible for Massacre in Ohio

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/n...sible-for-Massacre-in-Ohio-20160430-0020.html

A massacre of a family of eight in rural Ohio, United States, where there is a very strong presence of infamous drug trafficker Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman's Sinaloa Cartel, is now believed to have been perpetrated by Mexican narcotics smugglers, Reforma newspaper reported Saturday.

What does the Mexican news media know that we don't?

On Thursday, the Ohio Daily Caller said various Sinaloa Cartel members have been arrested in the state and that after a police investigation, it was revealed that El Chapo's organization operates in Pike, as well as in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton and Akron.

Montgomery County Sheriff Phil Plummer told ABC 22 on Friday that, “We deal with cartel members every day,” and added that, “They’ve threatened my detectives, they’ve threatened to find my detectives’ children, which I’ve got news for you, if you want to mess with my officers and my officers’ families we’ll raise the bar as well.”

Rsd, I'm following your line of thought somewhat. Seems to me the Rhoden's were lossing a lot of profit in the MJ business, as you mentioned it was becoming legal and prices going down. With all the cars, it seems to me they were going into that business as a new direction for money. I wonder what other side lines would bring in good money ? Frankie was raising game *advertiser censored*, Dana was selling cars for another person, wasn't the family getting into breeding and selling hunting dogs also ? Buying properties and who knows what else they got into? Could one of these new ventures have gotten them killed? Where they getting to big for someone else? Could all the "rumors" of some of the family members having "big mouths" and bragging of what they had, have been enough for someone to silence them? Maybe person/person's were worried about "their" businesses and their names becoming public?
I truly believe that when the killers planned this , they never thought that people would be interested in the deaths of a "bunch of drug dealing, redneck hillbillies in a some town in Ohio.

I'm not so sure they were losing money. MJ had not yet become legal. It's still not being sold legally in Ohio and probably won't begin until sometime in late 2018. So MJ was probably still bringing in a decent profit. That said CRSr likely had a small grow op.

Adding to the connections to one of the legalized grow ops in Ohio and the Sinaloa Cartel via J Fife Symington IV (on the board of Parma Wellness)

Symington is a director on the boards of a few agricultural businesses in Sinaloa, Mexico

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/...International Greenhouse Produce, S.A. de C.V.

Then there's this old story from the Mexican news, from 2016

El Chapo's Cartel May Be Responsible for Massacre in Ohio

https://www.telesurtv.net/english/n...sible-for-Massacre-in-Ohio-20160430-0020.html

What does the Mexican news media know that we don't?

Looks like they weren't too worried about Ohioans getting those grow permits.
What the Mexican News don't know is why this has been kept such a secret. No one knows that except DeWine and company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member