OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They might possibly have found partial prints on the shall casings that were left behind. I don't believe those were purposely left behind. Gloves were likely worn during the murders but, maybe they slipped up, while loading their firearms, and a print/partial print might have survived on one of the shells. Idk, just a thought.

You know I know we've been told time and time again that they are still working this case. but all the silence lately and throughout this investigation, and no arrests is making me wonder if that's true. If this was a relationship I was having and my partner kept "putting me off" and telling me to just keep trusting them, after almost two years, I'd be telling them to take a hike!
And that's how I feel about "the powers that be" in this case. I have "trusted" till I'm just about ready to trust no more. But I'm just one individual. I am beginning to feel like the people of Pike Co must have been feeling for years, "afraid and bewildered" to live there. All the lab reports, evidence collection and tests, cell phone traces and a lot of "leads"
surely by now are done or have been followed through.
I, myself, feel BCI, AG, or local LE should be giving us an update of some sort every couple of months, to let the " tax payers/public" know that they truely are still working on this case.
In this day and age, I want to know the truth about what's going on. The 50's and 60's are over and we know that officials can be corrupt, we have learned that we can't just blindly trust people anymore. Is this what's happening in this case?

You know I know we've been told time and time again that they are still working this case. but all the silence lately and throughout this investigation, and no arrests is making me wonder if that's true. If this was a relationship I was having and my partner kept "putting me off" and telling me to just keep trusting them, after almost two years, I'd be telling them to take a hike!
And that's how I feel about "the powers that be" in this case. I have "trusted" till I'm just about ready to trust no more. But I'm just one individual. I am beginning to feel like the people of Pike Co must have been feeling for years, "afraid and bewildered" to live there. All the lab reports, evidence collection and tests, cell phone traces and a lot of "leads"
surely by now are done or have been followed through.
I, myself, feel BCI, AG, or local LE should be giving us an update of some sort every couple of months, to let the " tax payers/public" know that they truely are still working on this case.
In this day and age, I want to know the truth about what's going on. The 50's and 60's are over and we know that officials can be corrupt, we have learned that we can't just blindly trust people anymore. Is this what's happening in this case?

Yes, the case seems to have gone silent again. I found Reader's recent social media comments about "corrupt politicians" to be interesting, possibly relevant. Despite investigation and evidence gathering by LE, a case can die if prosecutors and AG's refuse to move forward. We all know that's happened before in this region.

Yes, the case seems to have gone silent again. I found Reader's recent social media comments about "corrupt politicians" to be interesting, possibly relevant. Despite investigation and evidence gathering by LE, a case can die if prosecutors and AG's refuse to move forward. We all know that's happened before in this region.

The Prosecuting Attorney can keep saying there isn't enough information to prosecute. LE has their hands tied at that point.

The Prosecuting Attorney can keep saying there isn't enough information to prosecute. LE has their hands tied at that point.

Same with the AG's office. The court fight over the final autopsy reports really revealed the substantial lengths DeWine's office is going to in order to keep this case under wraps. Not in a good way. JMO, they want badly for this case to go away and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen..

Same with the AG's office. The court fight over the final autopsy reports really revealed the substantial lengths DeWine's office is going to in order to keep this case under wraps. Not in a good way. JMO, they want badly for this case to go away and will do whatever is necessary to make that happen..

I agree. It seems more and more that they do not want anyone to know what happened. Why that is, we may never know. Think about it. Not ONE shred of evidence has ever been released. There is basically no evidence a crime was committed with what has been released. Has that ever happened before? I wish the DOJ or someone would come in and investigate. Something very peculiar is going on...

That's my point Dudley, where this case is concerned it's been "fishy" since day one. Media coverage areial and Cincinnati channels didn't last long. Bodies were removed during the night. Homes moved. Gag order for children (and to me adults also), autopsies still (after a year and one half ) being battled over in court. Judges stepping away for no good reasons. IMO shady re asons for what little info that is released. Example: Laser Focus" on people who have been allowed to move to another state, People being arrested and charges dismissed,And I for one, am so very tired of it! If I were this family, I would get one of the best pro-bono lawyers I could find and have them "get" some answers for me!
Wasn't it said that this was one of the biggest murder investigations in Ohio history? Where's one of those lawyers that usually fight hand over fist for a case like this? There always around for the "glory" in the press to have their names and reputations on the front page. That truly makes me wonder what's going on in this case.

That's my point Dudley, where this case is concerned it's been "fishy" since day one. Media coverage areial and Cincinnati channels didn't last long. Bodies were removed during the night. Homes moved. Gag order for children (and to me adults also), autopsies still (after a year and one half ) being battled over in court. Judges stepping away for no good reasons. IMO shady re asons for what little info that is released. Example: Laser Focus" on people who have been allowed to move to another state, People being arrested and charges dismissed,And I for one, am so very tired of it! If I were this family, I would get one of the best pro-bono lawyers I could find and have them "get" some answers for me!
Wasn't it said that this was one of the biggest murder investigations in Ohio history? Where's one of those lawyers that usually fight hand over fist for a case like this? There always around for the "glory" in the press to have their names and reputations on the front page. That truly makes me wonder what's going on in this case.

Add to that the number of times they had to backtrack on the grow operations, the *advertiser censored* fighting, dog fighting, etc.. The BCI is starting to look incompetent. Is that a fact or is it they look that way because of DeWines orders. I've often wondered if something was written on the walls or some sort of message given that LE needed kept secret by confiscating the homes. What would they have done if they were regular homes on a foundation? This is said to be the biggest murder case/investigation in the history of Ohio yet it is the biggest secret in the history of Ohio. Not one leaf has been shown much less a plant or proof of a commercial grow operation. The more I think of it, the more absurd this case seems. I sure hope DeWine isn't keeping it from being solved till election time to make him look good.

This case is crazy frustrating! Is LE stymied? The top two motives for me:

1. Child custody.
2. Revenge for the beat down that Frankie and CR, Jr put on the derby losers. To me, it seems like adding insult to injury after winning the race, taunting the losers and then beating the crap out of them.

Whomever the killers are, they knew of the turmoils this family were involved in and took advantage of those situations. In addition, the MJ grows certainly muddied the waters, but there is no evidence CR, Sr was a drug kingpin sitting on a fortune of MJ. It's not like any of them were OD'ing on heroine every other week or into hard drug abuse.

Come on LE! These murders feel like they are slipping through the cracks! The Gilleys, Rhodens and the Manleys deserve justice!

I am beginning to lose faith in this case. At this point I am beginning to think the R's and HG are in a witness protection program somewhere.

Yeah, yeah I know, we saw photos of the caskets. But how do we know there was anything in them other than rocks? And okay everyone on here can slam me for being insensitive to the families feelings, but there are no photos of the crime scene, no photos of bodies being removed, no autopsies, no interviews with EMS personal or their families on the trauma they suffered with this case, no leaks from an anonymous source, all of which are present in other high profile murder cases. Every single shred there was of a crime being committed has been confiscated and removed by LE.

To top that off we have no family members out there yelling to high heaven about LE not solving this case. The G's are silent, not a peep out of them The R's have did a couple of interviews and released one plea to the public. The only one talking in the M family is LM and he is now silent after they arrested his son in an intimidation tactic to shut him up. The W's were shuffled off to the wilderness of Alaska and even there, no interviews, no media news. Nothing from friends and co-workers. Just a solid wall of silence.

The only ones with enough power to shut all this down is the federal government. I.E witness protection program.

So okay, slam away.

I am beginning to lose faith in this case. At this point I am beginning to think the R's and HG are in a witness protection program somewhere.

Yeah, yeah I know, we saw photos of the caskets. But how do we know there was anything in them other than rocks? And okay everyone on here can slam me for being insensitive to the families feelings, but there are no photos of the crime scene, no photos of bodies being removed, no autopsies, no interviews with EMS personal or their families on the trauma they suffered with this case, no leaks from an anonymous source, all of which are present in other high profile murder cases. Every single shred there was of a crime being committed has been confiscated and removed by LE.

To top that off we have no family members out there yelling to high heaven about LE not solving this case. The G's are silent, not a peep out of them The R's have did a couple of interviews and released one plea to the public. The only one talking in the M family is LM and he is now silent after they arrested his son in an intimidation tactic to shut him up. The W's were shuffled off to the wilderness of Alaska and even there, no interviews, no media news. Nothing from friends and co-workers. Just a solid wall of silence.

The only ones with enough power to shut all this down is the federal government. I.E witness protection program.

So okay, slam away.

I'm open to anything at this point. Swept up in the middle of the night, etc... There was talk of the bodies, and the necessary cosmetics that were used, especially so for two, or three, of the victims. So, Idk. I think it's not likely because of the number of people who did see the bodies, but, could it be possible in today's world? I don't think I'd be too surprised, if someone ran across them in a remote town in New Mexico, decades from now, under false identities, I'll put it that way.

No offense raisin, but that's an awful lot of money wasted if their in witness protection. But then again, anything is possible in this case. It is seeming that this case is becoming "covered up" and who would have enough "power" to do that and why? If it is some kind of political corruption, it needs to stop! Does any official in Ohio really care about this family? Do they care that people are still scared and horrified that this could happen to them? That it might happen again? If so, I wish they would start assuring the public that we can count on our elected officials for help when we need it. I myself don't have a lot of confidence that it is safe. Is this a "sign" that we should "take up arms" and start living like they did in the past? I thought those days were long gone and we lived in a civilized society now. Sorry, but this case is really opening my eyes about the way things are today, and it's so very ugly.

Not to sound like I need to dig out my tin foil hat (just yet) but,there was all of the moving/prep to move/selling on FB/etc..., then a move to AK after JW was found to not to be the father of the 2nd child. They openly did all of this about the move, it wasn't hurried, S's father, JW, was given paternal rights, etc.. then, right after the move, 1/2 the state of Ohio's LEOs, and other organizations, were at three search scenes, none actually belonging to those Ws. They'd sold that farm. I wonder what else was going on, newsworthy, local, state, etc...that didn't get coverage? I wonder if someone called in a tip that rung really true, to get a whole bunch of forces out there. If they're all out there, they can't be patrolling for other things. It looks as if it was a wild goose chase.

I'm open to anything at this point. Swept up in the middle of the night, etc... There was talk of the bodies, and the necessary cosmetics that were used, especially so for two, or three, of the victims. So, Idk. I think it's not likely because of the number of people who did see the bodies, but, could it be possible in today's world? I don't think I'd be too surprised, if someone ran across them in a remote town in New Mexico, decades from now, under false identities, I'll put it that way.

BBM

Or Alaska.

No offense raisin, but that's an awful lot of money wasted if their in witness protection. But then again, anything is possible in this case. It is seeming that this case is becoming "covered up" and who would have enough "power" to do that and why? If it is some kind of political corruption, it needs to stop! Does any official in Ohio really care about this family? Do they care that people are still scared and horrified that this could happen to them? That it might happen again? If so, I wish they would start assuring the public that we can count on our elected officials for help when we need it. I myself don't have a lot of confidence that it is safe. Is this a "sign" that we should "take up arms" and start living like they did in the past? I thought those days were long gone and we lived in a civilized society now. Sorry, but this case is really opening my eyes about the way things are today, and it's so very ugly.

BBM

Not really, not in the overall scheme of things. AG Dewine tells us he has 70 or so agents working daily on this. Is there any real proof of that? I am assuming you live near Pike County, so have you or anyone you know seen an influx of 70 plus state investigators after the first few months when the crime happened? Sheriff Reader says he has officers working daily on this. But how do we know he does? All we really know is he has deputies working.

The only money we have seen spent was about 35 grand to tow the cars and trailer homes. Reader says it cost the county about 15 grand to store them. They spent a few dollars on man hours to raid the W's but I am betting not that much. The only other visible expense is the legal fees Dewine is spending to keep the news media from getting the autopsies. Many LE departments spend more investigating a string of burglaries than we have seen from Ohio and Pike County investigating the murder of 8 I repeat 8 people.

And that amount spent is just a drop in the federal governments spending bucket.

Not to sound like I need to dig out my tin foil hat (just yet) but,there was all of the moving/prep to move/selling on FB/etc..., then a move to AK after JW was found to not to be the father of the 2nd child. They openly did all of this about the move, it wasn't hurried, S's father, JW, was given paternal rights, etc.. then, right after the move, 1/2 the state of Ohio's LEOs, and other organizations, were at three search scenes, none actually belonging to those Ws. They'd sold that farm. I wonder what else was going on, newsworthy, local, state, etc...that didn't get coverage? I wonder if someone called in a tip that rung really true, to get a whole bunch of forces out there. If they're all out there, they can't be patrolling for other things. It looks as if it was a wild goose chase.

t could have been to keep LE busy while something else was happening. It could be to throw the LE off the trail of the killers. If tips are anonymous, anyone can call in and claim someone had evidence somewhere. If the caller sounds convincing, then LE has to check it out....
I

t could have been to keep LE busy while something else was happening. It could be to throw the LE off the trail of the killers. If tips are anonymous, anyone can call in and claim someone had evidence somewhere. If the caller sounds convincing, then LE has to check it out....
I

This would have to be someone who knew just how to sound THAT convincing too. Someone who knew the buzz words. Look at the manpower they set into motion on those search sites, but did not search a single home. Amphibious vehicle(s)? To me it looked as if they were looking for something, or someone, specific, breathing, or not. Possibly in some marshy areas on the properties. It kinda looks like someone got LE out hunting snipe for awhile.

BBM

Not really, not in the overall scheme of things. AG Dewine tells us he has 70 or so agents working daily on this. Is there any real proof of that? I am assuming you live near Pike County, so have you or anyone you know seen an influx of 70 plus state investigators after the first few months when the crime happened? Sheriff Reader says he has officers working daily on this. But how do we know he does? All we really know is he has deputies working.

The only money we have seen spent was about 35 grand to tow the cars and trailer homes. Reader says it cost the county about 15 grand to store them. They spent a few dollars on man hours to raid the W's but I am betting not that much. The only other visible expense is the legal fees Dewine is spending to keep the news media from getting the autopsies. Many LE departments spend more investigating a string of burglaries than we have seen from Ohio and Pike County investigating the murder of 8 I repeat 8 people.

And that amount spent is just a drop in the federal governments spending bucket.

Agree with all of what you say. IIRC, the last time DeWine was asked about the manpower on the case, he was vague. Seems it boils down to Reader and the BCI agent stationed in Pike Co. AG's office can be extremely frugal.

Odd, though, that they don't call in any federal help, when feds have a bigger budget and better skills, equipment and experience. Had he asked for their help during the raid of the W family properties, it would have saved him some money.

So okay, slam away.

Not going to lie, I was trying to research witness protection programs the other day. :thinking:
Agree. After almost 15 months and nothing...no anonymous leaks, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay