OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
One method to get movement in this case is for the people of Ohio to make it one. Get one media outlet to review it and beat it to death everywhere. Call tv stations. Approach the opposing party to hammer the fact that after nearly 2 years. No arrests. If the candidate can’t resolve a multiple murder how can he run thee state of Ohio.

Not only no arrests but no motive or person(s) of interest ever named. Then there is the fact that all evidence is sealed and the crime scenes under lock and key in storage. How common is that in an investigation?

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]From the beginning my gut instinct & theory has been this was an inside job. The likelihood that one of the perps was a mole or stooge seems all the more likely since this was conducted under an eerie supernatural veil of silence. The perps absolute control over the CS their uncanny ability to surprise their victims then swiftly dispense of them as merely so much collateral damage. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]That this was done without tripping surveillance or rousing a whimper from the numerous dogs defies logic.

Gosh that is just either dumb luck or something more sinister.I have to be swayed from what has been reported that it is likely the perps waited until they were able to maneuver 'someone' inside to to initiate a flawless CS. It is my theory that there was someone on site who orchestrated the perps ability to thwart all the security (i.e.cameras,dogs that were in place to protect the valuable grow operation.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]
OK go ahead pick my theory apart.But please be gentle.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]:cow:

Link To Article on Surveillance
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Piketon Ohio Killings [/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold] WAVERLY, Ohio — 5-11-16 On the day investigators issued a plea to Pike County residents for video pertaining to the April 22 mass killing of seven family members and a fiancee, surviving relatives said video cameras might have been in operation at two scenes of the crimes.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/11/piketon-ohio-killings/84230924/[/FONT][/FONT]

Not only no arrests but no motive or person(s) of interest ever named. Then there is the fact that all evidence is sealed and the crime scenes under lock and key in storage. How common is that in an investigation?

Yes, it's interesting police won't release the trailers and contents. I think it's part of their strategy, they believe family are not fully cooperating, and want to keep any leverage they have, to encourage someone to break ranks and come forward to assist.

I hope this case is solved, but it won't be the first one if it isn't.

Why there has to be an outlier?

Killers went out of their way, several miles from union hill road, for KR. He was alone, I'd say he was targeted too.

IMO, they were all targeted because they were all related to each other. Sometimes, there are no other motives than just that.

Yes, but there are other related people who were not targetted. Why didn't the killers go out of their way to get them too? You think they just got tired after killing 8 family members and couldn't be bothered to go get the rest?

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]From the beginning my gut instinct & theory has been this was an inside job. The likelihood that one of the perps was a mole or stooge seems all the more likely since this was conducted under an eerie supernatural veil of silence. The perps absolute control over the CS their uncanny ability to surprise their victims then swiftly dispense of them as merely so much collateral damage. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]That this was done without tripping surveillance or rousing a whimper from the numerous dogs defies logic.

Gosh that is just either dumb luck or something more sinister.I have to be swayed from what has been reported that it is likely the perps waited until they were able to maneuver 'someone' inside to to initiate a flawless CS. It is my theory that there was someone on site who orchestrated the perps ability to thwart all the security (i.e.cameras,dogs that were in place to protect the valuable grow operation.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]Piketon Ohio Killings [/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold] WAVERLY, Ohio — 5-11-16 On the day investigators issued a plea to Pike County residents for video pertaining to the April 22 mass killing of seven family members and a fiancee, surviving relatives said video cameras might have been in operation at two scenes of the crimes.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/05/11/piketon-ohio-killings/84230924/[/FONT][/FONT]

I agree, the case is connected to someone who knows all the victims and the properties, police have stated that too.

For example, someone locked CS1's trailer when they left, and either had a key or knew where it was kept and put it back. Only someone with very intimate knowledge of the home could do that.

My point about KR is that, any theory about motive has to include an explanation of why his home/he was targetted as well, especially as it involved driving to a different area.

- Custody of a child: Why kill one of the child's great uncles?

- MJ grow op? Why kill a guy who didn't live there, and apparently earned his living with a full time job? If there was evidence he was a business partner, making money from it, that would support the cartel hit theory. But his daughter says not. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...it-on-ohio-family-6-months-after-murders.html

- personal vendetta against CS1? Why kill one of his brothers too? Again, if there was evidence they were both particular enemies of someone, that would strengthen the suspicion against that person.

- then there is the suggestion that KM was perhaps involved in the other deaths, and was afterwards eliminated. Then his movements, connections, relationship with CS1, would be absolutely key to solving the case.

I agree, the case is connected to someone who knows all the victims and the properties, police have stated that too.

For example, someone locked CS1's trailer when they left, and either had a key or knew where it was kept and put it back. Only someone with very intimate knowledge of the home could do that.

Unless it is a deadbolt lock, you don't need a key to lock a door when you leave. You push the button or turn the lock in the knob and close the door.

[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]
Other than the dogs did they really have security? Guns maybe because a lot of people in Appalachia do. Even though Pike County Ohio is to far north for me its still part of Appalachia. I don't think the Rhoden's even saw this coming. Whatever this was over the Rhoden's who died were a part of it. Three different homes were hit. Thats three times the risk to whoever did this. The people were bad so very bad for what they did but not bad enough to murder babies. CRj is a child in our eyes but old enough to know who it was killing his family and maybe even old enough to be a part of the reason it happened so he had to be taken out. Whoever did this knew the lay of the trailers and truth be told knew who to take out first. DR was awake when this went down. If that was the case how did everyone else not hear the gun shots? Silencers? Were there two groups of killers hitting at the same time? What about the dogs?

These are all questions rolling through my mind.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

My point about KR is that, any theory about motive has to include an explanation of why his home/he was targetted as well, especially as it involved driving to a different area.

- MJ grow op? Why kill a guy who didn't live there, and apparently earned his living with a full time job? If there was evidence he was a business partner, making money from it, that would support the cartel hit theory. But his daughter says not. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...it-on-ohio-family-6-months-after-murders.html

- personal vendetta against CS1? Why kill one of his brothers too? Again, if there was evidence they were both particular enemies of someone, that would strengthen the suspicion against that person.

- then there is the suggestion that KM was perhaps involved in the other deaths, and was afterwards eliminated. Then his movements, connections, relationship with CS1, would be absolutely key to solving the case.
Is it possible that KR had to go because he would have known who it was behind the killings?

Yes, the most common theory here is that the family members were killed because they may have been able to identify the killers or the people who hired the killers. KR and GR were probably most intimately involved with CRSr and the grow op business. KR is alleged to have had one of the grow ops at his place. He would have known who they were selling to, who was watching, who was controlling the market in the area, who competitors were, etc. FR and DR may have known or suspected. Some of the people involved (whether providing info on their personal daily routines and homes) likely could have been identified by the others who were killed.

Whoever planned and executed these crimes planned it well in advance. They decided who had to go, where, when and how to do it. That and the fact they left (according to LE) little or no evidence indicates these were experienced killers - not just those on the scene, but those who did the planning and rehearsing.

They may have used someone close to the family to gain info about daily routines, homes, etc. but that person may not have been aware of what was going to happen to the family. As for getting into the homes, discussions I've had with retired LE indicate the dogs could have been handled and the killers could have gained access to the homes (if victims were awake) by using a uniform - dressed as LE, etc. It's been done before, even in Pike County.

This operation and the failure of LE to even develop suspects means the murders were planned and executed by people with more sophistication and experience than typical "hillbilly justice" crime.

I don't see the connection between fake purchase orders and money laundering.

Fake purchase orders are how people steal money from a business and disguise it from auditors. You write a purchase order to claim you're buying $1 million in widgets from XYZ, write XYZ a check, but never actually receive the widgets.

ETA looking more close at the case, it appears this guy created fake purchase orders supposedly from companies wanting to buy their products, in order to mislead investors into investing money in what was actually a bankrupt business.

I can't see how this investment fraud has anything to do with this case.

I'm not certain, but am suspicious primarily because this business was involved or invested in the business of selling cannabis products at a time when even manufacturing & distribution is illegal in Ohio. The Rhoden murders also occurred at a time when an MJ legalization referendum had just been defeated by voters and a lot of big investors were very frustrated. Within a month of the Rhoden murders, the Ohio legislature passed a law to legalize medical MJ.

There's also the fact that this chemical company with shifty finances and crooked owners was sitting smack dab in the middle of an area that has some of the highest rates of drug trafficking in the region, probably in the state. Why would BCI and PCSO use them for storing this important evidence? Why would they continue to do so even after their illegal activities were revealed?

I'm not saying this company's owners were involved in the Rhoden killings. But IMO, it looks like there may be a network of businesses and leaders down there who are involved in shady stuff. Around here, we refer to it generally as the "Boss Hog" theory of the Rhoden murders.

ETA: Keep in mind, any time you have as large amount of drug trafficking that goes on in this region, there has to be some money laundering going on. How else do the dealers manage the large amounts of cash that are made from their sales? Put it in boxes and ship it by the truckload somewhere? Bury if in the back yard? Dirty cash has to be cleaned.

<snip>
Whoever planned and executed these crimes planned it well in advance. They decided who had to go, where, when and how to do it. That and the fact they left (according to LE) little or no evidence indicates these were experienced killers - not just those on the scene, but those who did the planning and rehearsing.
This operation and the failure of LE to even develop suspects means the murders were planned and executed by people with more sophistication and experience than typical "hillbilly justice" crime.

Respectably shipped for emphasis.

I am leaving for an appointment shortly. But I wanted to mention another reason LE is convinced this case involves individuals with close ties to the family therefore making the motive very personal. It's a given the perps were familiar with the dogs & where the surveillance cameras were located.But the murderers spared the three children while shooting their parents in cold blood lying in bed or very close to them.

Here is the clincher for me and I quote the spokesman for the AG,' "[FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Whatever those safety concerns, they would not be different for the kids" This makes the motive very personal as LE has confirmed. If this was a professional hit the perps would be long gone. The worry is therefore for the children and LE says everyone including family are under suspicion.[/FONT]

Link
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Authorities have declined to disclose much about the case and even less about the children. Court records are sealed. Officials say that is for their safety. Until investigators identity a suspect, everyone &#8212; including the family &#8212; remains under suspicion.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]"Both the AG and the Pike County Sheriff have said safety has been an issue,'' said Dan Tierney, a spokesman for Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. "Whatever those safety concerns, they would not be different for the kids."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

BTW I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Fresh eyes can pick up nuances we have missed.
:cow:
[/FONT][/FONT]

I will not answer your question directly. This is why I deleted my previous post.

To me, the grow op (1) and CRsr receiving more shots (2) are just noise in the story. People read too much into that.

I see it as another mass shooting: more often young people shooting their peers over the place in society they struggle for.* Make the rest of the story: who is targeted in such circumstance? You'll find the answer yourself.

In this case though, the shooters planned to survive. Like the children and the dogs. Maybe even for them. If we were to discover they were lovers dreaming of a better family, I'd believe it. After all, lovers would keep a secret. Even more when they cheat.

I hope it's clear as mud. No further comment. Good night.

I will not answer your question directly. This is why I deleted my previous post.

To me, the grow op (1) and CRsr receiving more shots (2) are just noise in the story. People read too much into that.

I see it as another mass shooting: more often young people shooting their peers over the place in society they struggle for.* Make the rest of the story: who is targeted in such circumstance? You'll find the answer yourself.

In this case though, the shooters planned to survive. Like the children and the dogs. Maybe even for them. If we were to discover they were lovers dreaming of a better family, I'd believe it. After all, lovers would keep a secret. Even more when they cheat.

I hope it's clear as mud. No further comment. Good night.
If it were a couple of people doing a mass shooting would they have stopped? What would keep them from doing it again?

I am leaving for an appointment shortly. But I wanted to mention another reason LE is convinced this case involves individuals with close ties to the family therefore making the motive very personal. It's a given the perps were familiar with the dogs & where the surveillance cameras were located.But the murderers spared the three children while shooting their parents in cold blood lying in bed or very close to them.

Here is the clincher for me and I quote the spokesman for the AG,' "[FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Whatever those safety concerns, they would not be different for the kids" This makes the motive very personal as LE has confirmed. If this was a professional hit the perps would be long gone. The worry is therefore for the children and LE says everyone including family are under suspicion.[/FONT]

Link
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Authorities have declined to disclose much about the case and even less about the children. Court records are sealed. Officials say that is for their safety. Until investigators identity a suspect, everyone &#8212; including the family &#8212; remains under suspicion.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]"Both the AG and the Pike County Sheriff have said safety has been an issue,'' said Dan Tierney, a spokesman for Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. "Whatever those safety concerns, they would not be different for the kids."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

BTW I enjoy reading everyone's posts. Fresh eyes can pick up nuances we have missed.
:cow:
[/FONT][/FONT]

Don't read too much into what LE said early in the investigation. They didn't know exactly what happened, and apparently still don't, and they are not bound to be truthful. There was mention of dog fighting and chicken fighting and stolen cars at first and all that was proven incorrect. They also do not tell everything they know.

For you new arrivals to the threads on this Rhoden massacre, it would be good to start from the first posts and read through what has been posted. A lot of things have been hashed and rehashed multiple times and questions you have were probably discussed several times in almost two years now. There have been very many scenarios covered and a multitude of other things discussed many times...

Is it possible that KR had to go because he would have known who it was behind the killings?

That is my thought on his death.That he would know who was responsible and seek revenge.

For you new arrivals to the threads on this Rhoden massacre, it would be good to start from the first posts and read through what has been posted. A lot of things have been hashed and rehashed multiple times and questions you have were probably discussed several times in almost two years now. There have been very many scenarios covered and a multitude of other things discussed many times...

All 31 threads!

It's normal for a long standing case to be picked up and looked at with fresh eyes. This is a discussion forum, the purpose is to engage in discussion, not read other people's discussion.

If it were a couple of people doing a mass shooting would they have stopped? What would keep them from doing it again?

JMO, they did it as an assignment or job. Someone targeted the family, presumably those involved in the grow op, because they were a threat. Many feel it was also done to send a very big message to others in the area involved in MJ, drug trade or whatever. It may have been about a power struggle with the killers sending the message that they are in charge. "Don't mess with us."

It was a big, bold, horrible crime that made news around the world. That was probably their intention. It was also a very risky crime, very detailed, time consuming, somewhat elaborate. Whomever was behind it took big risks in order to deal with a problem.

We, the general public, may not understand the message but those involved do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
80schick