OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from the Chilli Gazette. Still no mention of any offenses. Why were these people being chased by the police? This is the second time in recent years a Pike Co officer has killed someone during a simple traffic stop. Kind of unusual in such a sparsely populated area.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-county-officer-involved-shooting/1086937001/

Apparently, the dead man was wanted for failure to appear in court for driving with a suspended license. There was also an old charge for domestic violence. Shouldn't be a death sentence. Apparently he was unarmed, or they certainly would have mentioned it. Also no mention of drugs or other illicit substances, so those likely weren't involved either.

I have a feeling there are some people in that area who know that, if a Pike Co police car pulls them over, their lives are in danger. Whatever happened to just building a case and arresting people if they've committed a crime? If they haven't committed a crime, then why do they have to be killed?

Thanks for the alert! Here are some news reports. The man killed was named James Burks. He was killed by the deputy about 4 am on Thursday.

http://nbc4i.com/2018/02/01/investigation-underway-after-deputy-involved-shooting-in-pike-co/

No mention of whether the dead man had a weapon of any kind, so I assume he didn't.

This article states they apprehended the other people in the car. Why would PIke County bring in sheriff's deputies from Franklin County? That's a long way away. Hinky. Recall they helped out in the raids on the Wagner properties, too. They must know how to follow rules. Or something.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/deputy-opens-fire-on-suspect-in-pike-county

I read about the struggle and gunshot earlier. Franklin County is at least 60-70 miles away from Pike. That's odd. You'd think neighboring counties would assist. These folks took off running. I don't understand the chase part, unless they pulled them over due to them being suspects in a violent crime, or they'd just committed a violent crime, otherwise, have the car towed and run the plates. IANALeo, nor would I want to be a LEO, and I wasn't there, so for now, I'm withholding judgement, but the large majority of them, I trust not.

I read about the struggle and gunshot earlier. Franklin County is at least 60-70 miles away from Pike. That's odd. You'd think neighboring counties would assist. These folks took off running. I don't understand the chase part, unless they pulled them over due to them being suspects in a violent crime, or they'd just committed a violent crime, otherwise, have the car towed and run the plates. IANALeo, nor would I want to be a LEO, and I wasn't there, so for now, I'm withholding judgement, but the large majority of them, I trust not.

At first Reader said it was a traffic stop. Later he said it was because the officer saw the car and people messing around at a closed business. Oddly, another news story said the other people in the car were arrested and released, no charges. Yet Reader called in BCI and Franklin County SD? No one has a SWAT team out there?

Everything's so hinky in that county.

ETA later reports show the dead guy had some other DVD reports going back some years. You would think they would have pulled him over sooner.

I think they embellished... If they can't show me a photo of a sophisticated pot grow op worth that amount of cash, then I say, it didn't exist. Not to say there wasn't a grow op but the size, number of ops, and amount of plants, have changed over time.

Embellished is a nice way of saying it. Some media have messed up and reported things wrong, but the "powers that be" should have their facts straight. That was smoke and mirrors to throw off the public and suspects. At first it's all flash and sensational, and then bam! Sorry we got this under control, now go away and trust us to do our job.
Which I think is just crazy! Especially since we have all found out just how things really are in Pike Co and surrounding areas. I'm not worried they will find the killers "if" they really have been investigating this horrible crime for 2 years. But I just hate that we are kept in the dark. I'm not the most trusting person when it comes to trusting the authorities, to much corruption and not enough honest people in the "higher ups". It's been proven time and time again.

I don't think that FR had a grow, but iirc, LM, said that CR1's trailer was basically a shell. However, he had a bedroom there, and GR was living there. Some folks just want a roof though. They don't care much about aesthetics. Especially if it was just a place to cultivate some plants, and sleep. The only home that was kinda gussied up, inside and out, was DR's, from what I've been able to ascertain from photos.

As for where the grows were, I'm going with who's funerals were paid for by the state (or helped with). DR, FR, CRjr, HHG and HMR. I don't think they helped with KR's, GR's (I think his family took care of his) and CRsr.

Thanks for the alert! Here are some news reports. The man killed was named James Burks. He was killed by the deputy about 4 am on Thursday.

http://nbc4i.com/2018/02/01/investigation-underway-after-deputy-involved-shooting-in-pike-co/

No mention of whether the dead man had a weapon of any kind, so I assume he didn't.

This article states they apprehended the other people in the car. Why would PIke County bring in sheriff's deputies from Franklin County? That's a long way away. Hinky. Recall they helped out in the raids on the Wagner properties, too. They must know how to follow rules. Or something.

http://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/deputy-opens-fire-on-suspect-in-pike-county

Could be part of all those task forces? Several counties are involved. Why Betty, are you suggesting we are not being told about what really happened? LOL

At first Reader said it was a traffic stop. Later he said it was because the officer saw the car and people messing around at a closed business. Oddly, another news story said the other people in the car were arrested and released, no charges. Yet Reader called in BCI and Franklin County SD? No one has a SWAT team out there?

Everything's so hinky in that county.

ETA later reports show the dead guy had some other DVD reports going back some years. You would think they would have pulled him over sooner.

I looked up his records, and they had re-issued a warrant from back in July, 2017, it appears. It also, oddly enough, appears that they re-issued it on...2/2/2018. They sure found him quick. I've know folks with warrants issued and they have driven around town for months! Unless the car was licensed to him, how did they even know he was in that car?

Embellished is a nice way of saying it. Some media have messed up and reported things wrong, but the "powers that be" should have their facts straight. That was smoke and mirrors to throw off the public and suspects. At first it's all flash and sensational, and then bam! Sorry we got this under control, now go away and trust us to do our job.
Which I think is just crazy! Especially since we have all found out just how things really are in Pike Co and surrounding areas. I'm not worried they will find the killers "if" they really have been investigating this horrible crime for 2 years. But I just hate that we are kept in the dark. I'm not the most trusting person when it comes to trusting the authorities, to much corruption and not enough honest people in the "higher ups". It's been proven time and time again.

I don't give media a pass either. They run with the first thing they can get and don't double check things anymore, or get a second source, nor do they make sure their source is credible. I'm following the 13 kids case, found in deplorable conditions, and the media has had a field day with that case. I don't trust much of what what they've published from interviews, other than the first responder's account, that the house was filthy, and that the kids were malnourished.

As for where the grows were, I'm going with who's funerals were paid for by the state (or helped with). DR, FR, CRjr, HHG and HMR. I don't think they helped with KR's, GR's (I think his family took care of his) and CRsr.

That's my guess too. That also tidies up, for me, that there were no signs o dealing, at the other locations, and the tox screens came out okay on them too.

I don't give media a pass either. They run with the first thing they can get and don't double check things anymore, or get a second source, nor do they make sure their source is credible. I'm following the 13 kids case, found in deplorable conditions, and the media has had a field day with that case. I don't trust much of what what they've published from interviews, other than the first responder's account, that the house was filthy, and that the kids were malnourished.

The media seldom makes sure a correction is well know, also.

I looked up his records, and they had re-issued a warrant from back in July, 2017, it appears. It also, oddly enough, appears that they re-issued it on...2/2/2018. They sure found him quick. I've know folks with warrants issued and they have driven around town for months! Unless the car was licensed to him, how did they even know he was in that car?

Very interesting. Great work! Thanks!

Almost like Junk and deputies suddenly decided to target him. He was quickly found driving a car with other people inside, pulled over and shot for running away. It doesn't appear they wanted to question him or put him in jail. They just wanted him dead. Wonder why?

Agree, how did they know he was in the car if it wasn't licensed to him? If it was, why didn't they catch him before?

Now that the incident is under investigation, we can assume there will be no more news stories, no details or clarification of circumstances released by LE.

What are they hiding down there? JMO.

Very interesting. Great work! Thanks!

Almost like Junk and deputies suddenly decided to target him. He was quickly found driving a car with other people inside, pulled over and shot for running away. It doesn't appear they wanted to question him or put him in jail. They just wanted him dead. Wonder why?

Agree, how did they know he was in the car if it wasn't licensed to him? If it was, why didn't they catch him before?

Now that the incident is under investigation, we can assume there will be no more news stories, no details or clarification of circumstances released by LE.

What are they hiding down there? JMO.

I would love to see the time-stamp, that's logged into the guts of the database, of when that 2/2/18 warrant renewal was entered. Just real curious if it was discreetly entered, after they got a call, that the man was down. Idk about theirs, but I'd guess it would be like databases that I've worked with. If so, there should be a way to dump it to a text file, and the date and time should be able to be a field that is selected, to be part of the dump. If so, and that stamp, is after they shot him, that would be oh so dirty, not surprising, but just down right dirty. Doubt we'll ever know that though.

I would love to see the time-stamp, that's logged into the guts of the database, of when that 2/2/18 warrant renewal was entered. Just real curious if it was discreetly entered, after they got a call, that the man was down. Idk about theirs, but I'd guess it would be like databases that I've worked with. If so, there should be a way to dump it to a text file, and the date and time should be able to be a field that is selected, to be part of the dump. If so, and that stamp, is after they shot him, that would be oh so dirty, not surprising, but just down right dirty. Doubt we'll ever know that though.

That's a very good idea, but it will probably never happen down there. Like the AG's office and BCI, it's a closed shop. No transparency, no citizens review.

Another thing I noticed was that Junk seemed to be out front with Reader on this incident. I sense he was somehow involved, because you usually don't see his name associated with these incidents. He's probably still running his secret grand juries, trying to find out what the locals know about the Rhoden case and learn about activities of those on the lowest step of the local drug trade hierarchy. The guy the deputies killed was a *******, but they'd let him go before. How did he suddenly become such a threat that Junk felt the need to (possibly) go after him. Did he hear or see something? Say something? Talk to the wrong people? I'd like to learn a little more about this guy - what he did for a living, who his friends were, etc. May not be meaningful, but perhaps it is.

Was he driving his own car? How did they know he was in the car? What injuries did the deputy receive? What do the other people in the car have to say about the incident? Were any of them friends or associates of the W family or others in the local drug trade? Were any of them informants?

ETA: Oops! the bot censored a word in my post, but it wasn't a swear word. Just a reference to the soap residue you clean off your shower door, haha.

That's a very good idea, but it will probably never happen down there. Like the AG's office and BCI, it's a closed shop. No transparency, no citizens review.

Another thing I noticed was that Junk seemed to be out front with Reader on this incident. I sense he was somehow involved, because you usually don't see his name associated with these incidents. He's probably still running his secret grand juries, trying to find out what the locals know about the Rhoden case and learn about activities of those on the lowest step of the local drug trade hierarchy. The guy the deputies killed was a *******, but they'd let him go before. How did he suddenly become such a threat that Junk felt the need to (possibly) go after him. Did he hear or see something? Say something? Talk to the wrong people? I'd like to learn a little more about this guy - what he did for a living, who his friends were, etc. May not be meaningful, but perhaps it is.

Was he driving his own car? How did they know he was in the car? What injuries did the deputy receive? What do the other people in the car have to say about the incident? Were any of them friends or associates of the W family or others in the local drug trade? Were any of them informants?

ETA: Oops! the bot censored a word in my post, but it wasn't a swear word. Just a reference to the soap residue you clean off your shower door, haha.

No, I doubt the timestamp, will ever see the light of day.

The guy had, one DV from back in 2014, and had to go to an intervention program and mental health treatment program (it appears).

He then has one in 2015, for DUI and Violating a restraining order. He had to do 40 hours community service, and put on one year probation.

June, 2017, he had a DUI, and a FTA. On, 07/17/2017, a warrant was issued, for FTA.

Once again, 2017, he had LE called on him, for a DV complaint.

However, I was incorrect earlier. On 2/2/2018, the day he died, the "Warrant Was Recalled."

Usually, once the warrant is paid or a court appointment is reserved, the court will recall the warrant to avoid an arrest.

I think he was up here in pike to send someone in, to pay his dues, and get the Pike warrants off him. He likely ran, b/c I found that he's from my region. He's listed as "absconded". He'd have been off parole, for Burglery/Theft, on 6/2018, but I bet he'd not been checking into his p.o. and figured when the Pike LEOs pulled him over, he was going to be spending some time behind bars in Ky. I'm still curious to see if they find anything in that car.

When talking about the media, I only go by the ones I trust. Chris Graves is one and Jody Barr was another. I find it strange that both are no longer "on" this case. My thoughts are that both know a lot about this case that they "legally" can't publish or broadcast. The Enquior and Chillocothe newspapers (I feel) also know what are in the official autopsy reports also. I mean their lawyers have seen the contents, how else can they fight the supreme court about what is or isn't safe for the public to know? Or what part would hinder the criminal investigations, JMO

When talking about the media, I only go by the ones I trust. Chris Graves is one and Jody Barr was another. I find it strange that both are no longer "on" this case. My thoughts are that both know a lot about this case that they "legally" can't publish or broadcast. The Enquior and Chillocothe newspapers (I feel) also know what are in the official autopsy reports also. I mean their lawyers have seen the contents, how else can they fight the supreme court about what is or isn't safe for the public to know? Or what part would hinder the criminal investigations, JMO

I think they do too. I usually try to drill down to the state, and more local level reports. Once it goes national, everyone skews things more, and sensationalizes headlines, even more.

Not only are those two not on this case, they both are about 1000 miles out of state now. One in Texas and one in Minnesota, I think. That is something to think about, too. Why did both moved so far away after reporting on this case?

True! But, could it have been part of a disguise to make them less conspicuous and keep them under the radar to have a trailer used for a grow operation covered with a tarp? The minute you start improving your property, the tax man cometh, or that has been my experience. The longer this case goes unsolved, the stranger it seems to become. I feel like LE would rather this case be forgotten than solved.

Can't a plane flying over a house detect a grow op inside because of increased heat from the lights? I don't even remember where I got that from but seems like I read it somewhere. Could the tarp be for that? To trap the heat and keep it from rising and being detected by a DEA plane with equipment?

jmo

Could be part of all those task forces? Several counties are involved. Why Betty, are you suggesting we are not being told about what really happened? LOL

Why amauet are you suggesting that we are misunderstanding what Reader is telling us? Why it is all clear as mud. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966