OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting, but I'm not sure it should have made any big boss fearful of repercussions.

As a CDC/AHRQ recommendation, it was an early phase guideline advising clinicians for whom and how they should administer prescriptions for pain meds. It's not a binding guideline, clinicians are not subject to any kind of sanction for not following it. At most, it might have a chilling effect on whether insurance companies would reimburse the provider for writing the prescriptions to patients they felt didn't meet the recommended guidelines.

I could be wrong, but I don't think CDC has the power to investigate or prosecute any clinician. JMO, from my limited knowledge, they probably wouldn't even refer anyone to an LE agency who they thought was abusing the regs. It's kinda not their "turf" so to speak. To a drug boss, it might be a warning sign that things could become more restrictive in the future, but surely not enough to justify such a crackdown.

My questions on this are:

If Rhodens and others were actually using these health care related businesses as a front to peddle pain meds, who was their PA or clinician who was writing the prescriptions?

Was their practice actually keeping patient records and filing for reimbursement from insurance/Medicare/Medicaid? That's a lot of work and a big paper trail. Or were they just selling them to patients who walked in for cash up front? I'd have to check but some pain clinics in the area who were busted had been doing that. I'm just not sure they could have been operating a pain clinic without a storefront of some kind without someone eventually noticing. Wholesale suppliers of pain meds have to keep some kind of documentation, though I guess they're not required to report much of anything to the government, I think Congress is in the process of passing laws to change that now, or trying to.

So, yeah, I don't see a CDC recommendation causing much panic at that point, but there may have been something else going on. IF CR1 and other "investors" were involved in something like this, they would need to have someone qualified to write the prescriptions, right? I don't think they could just order a bunch of Oxy from a wholesaler and turn around and sell it on the street. Or maybe they did? Jeez.

What do you all think?

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Doctors were already leaving practice because of malpractice insurance. Because of these new guidelines back in 2016 doctors were going to out of an abundance of caution treat them as gospel.”Inevitably, these guidelines would be accepted as the standard of care in malpractice cases, and payers are going to use [them] to establish reimbursement plans.”
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Many states in 2016 had already legislated some form of the CDC recommendations for acute pain treatment, for example, limiting the use of opioid from 3 to 10 days or the dose administered. The CDC also recommended physicians to be aware of individual state laws, as they would affect their practice.

Perhaps the pill mills already had felt they were in the government cross hairs and this just magnified their paranoia.They felt the screw tightening.

I appreciate so much Tricia's good words. It made my day.:cloud9:
:cow:

[/FONT][/FONT]

I did see your reply. No offense taken. I was just wondering what it was in reference to. I was thinking maybe I had accidently posted a full name.

I guess I'm just naturally paranoid, and thought Miz was too... :laughing: Because, I took it to mean someone may be reading our thread, and attempt to sleuth, sleuthers. Not that I'm a Columbo or anything, but we've all tossed around some pretty good theories, and a few of us, self included, have tossed out some strange ones. :blushing: Who knows though? There's so many different directions this could take.

It is interesting, but I'm not sure it should have made any big boss fearful of repercussions.

As a CDC/AHRQ recommendation, it was an early phase guideline advising clinicians for whom and how they should administer prescriptions for pain meds. It's not a binding guideline, clinicians are not subject to any kind of sanction for not following it. At most, it might have a chilling effect on whether insurance companies would reimburse the provider for writing the prescriptions to patients they felt didn't meet the recommended guidelines.

I could be wrong, but I don't think CDC has the power to investigate or prosecute any clinician. JMO, from my limited knowledge, they probably wouldn't even refer anyone to an LE agency who they thought was abusing the regs. It's kinda not their "turf" so to speak. To a drug boss, it might be a warning sign that things could become more restrictive in the future, but surely not enough to justify such a crackdown.

My questions on this are:

If Rhodens and others were actually using these health care related businesses as a front to peddle pain meds, who was their PA or clinician who was writing the prescriptions?

Was their practice actually keeping patient records and filing for reimbursement from insurance/Medicare/Medicaid? That's a lot of work and a big paper trail. Or were they just selling them to patients who walked in for cash up front? I'd have to check but some pain clinics in the area who were busted had been doing that. I'm just not sure they could have been operating a pain clinic without a storefront of some kind without someone eventually noticing. Wholesale suppliers of pain meds have to keep some kind of documentation, though I guess they're not required to report much of anything to the government, I think Congress is in the process of passing laws to change that now, or trying to.

So, yeah, I don't see a CDC recommendation causing much panic at that point, but there may have been something else going on. IF CR1 and other "investors" were involved in something like this, they would need to have someone qualified to write the prescriptions, right? I don't think they could just order a bunch of Oxy from a wholesaler and turn around and sell it on the street. Or maybe they did? Jeez.

What do you all think?

From what I could tell, it looked as if there were not over seven or eight employees total. Laundering through shell companies? The one place was very convenient between chillicothe and piketon and it didn't take hwy 23. Some folks probably avoided 23 if possible.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Doctors were already leaving practice because of malpractice insurance. Because of these new guidelines back in 2016 doctors were going to out of an abundance of caution treat them as gospel.”Inevitably, these guidelines would be accepted as the standard of care in malpractice cases, and payers are going to use [them] to establish reimbursement plans.”
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Many states in 2016 had already legislated some form of the CDC recommendations for acute pain treatment, for example, limiting the use of opioid from 3 to 10 days or the dose administered. The CDC also recommended physicians to be aware of individual state laws, as they would affect their practice.

Perhaps the pill mills already had felt they were in the government cross hairs and this just magnified their paranoia.They felt the screw tightening.

I appreciate so much Tricia's good words. It made my day.:cloud9:

[/FONT][/FONT]

They had. It left a lot of folks w/o meds and that is when the move went to Heroin. It's cheaper and it does the same thing only it's just so much more addictive. You might be dependent on pain meds to treat your pain but you aren't an addict. However, if a doc shuts down, and no new docs will take you as a pain management patient, some folks get desperate when that cold turkey starts to kick in, and that stuff will grab you.

I guess I'm just naturally paranoid, and thought Miz was too... Because, I took it to mean someone may be reading our thread, and attempt to sleuth, sleuthers. Not that I'm a Columbo or anything, but we've all tossed around some pretty good theories, and a few of us, self included, have tossed out some strange ones. Who knows though? There's so many different directions this could take.
:phone:
Paranoid?
:fear:
:eek:verreaction:
I'm :hiding: out wth my

:bodyguard:

Wasn't there something in the News about Southern Ohio Medical Inc and the Mt Orab location? My memory is fuzzy on this.

According to WEBMD

About SOM Inc

SOM Inc is a group practice with 1 location. Currently, SOM Inc specializes in Internal Medicine with 1 physician.

SOM Inc Office Locations

Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

I deleted the address but if you google it you will find it.

Does anyone remember that article where the guy who wanted a pack of cigarettes told the reporter he knew the R's and if you wanted pills they were the ones to see or something like that?

Looks like they have their Dr for scripts. JMO

Wasn't there something in the News about Southern Ohio Medical Inc and the Mt Orab location? My memory is fuzzy on this.

The Dr listed is out of Peebles OH. So is the nurse practitioner. DR is listed as Allopathic & Osteopathic Physicians/Internal Medicine

I guess I'm just naturally paranoid, and thought Miz was too... :laughing: Because, I took it to mean someone may be reading our thread, and attempt to sleuth, sleuthers. Not that I'm a Columbo or anything, but we've all tossed around some pretty good theories, and a few of us, self included, have tossed out some strange ones. :blushing: Who knows though? There's so many different directions this could take.

BBM

That's true. I am always aware that there are many people reading what I am writing. Maybe even the killer/killers. LE certainly is. I have tried to use only Initials. When Miz posted that, it had me looking back though my posts to see where I had mistakenly posted a full or last name. LOL. When I couldn't find anything I asked.

According to the Chamber of Commerce

SOM Inc specializes in Back Pain, Carpal Tunnel, Deformities.

SOM Inc provides Hand Therapy, Arthroscopic Surgery, Sports Massage to it's customers.

I agree with everything Raisenisback has posted.:ditto:

In addition to that something else has caught my attention since day one. Certain players buying up parcels in bankruptcy.

Sounds to me like there are a bunch of bankers,tycoons(and goons too) who like 'beasts of prey' fed on these poor people. They see something they want just tilt the playing field enough until inevitably they force a bankruptcy & then snatch it up for a song. Same for financing for cars (or you name it) then when the payment schedule is behind it just gets repossessed.

From a few of these bankruptcies & cars being repossesed by the local 'beasts of prey' it appears they are lawyered up and well connected.From what I have read over the last couple years the same players use harassment techniques only mucky up business men are privy to against the most vulnerable locals who actually trust and believe their con job.Oh while I am on a roll where better to laundry money than a (fill in the blank)?

I have a lot more reading to do.

No accusations just just compiling data on all this and it sinks.

I planned on posting this a long time ago but didn't want to sound like I was a conspiracy kook. :crazy:

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

One really weird thing. When you google SOMC it lists numerous family practices, one in Greenup KY. Isn't that where GR was from?

They had. It left a lot of folks w/o meds and that is when the move went to Heroin. It's cheaper and it does the same thing only it's just so much more addictive. You might be dependent on pain meds to treat your pain but you aren't an addict. However, if a doc shuts down, and no new docs will take you as a pain management patient, some folks get desperate when that cold turkey starts to kick in, and that stuff will grab you.

O/T: Love and 100% agree with this post. I am lucky to have a doctor who understands and manages my chronic pain but had an issue once with a pharmacist who I ended up reporting because she refused to fill my valid rx even though I had been coming there for years, putting me through very painful withdrawal. I, like many others with chronic pain, do not want to rely on pain killers but if it’s a choice between extreme pain and being in bed all day over small amounts of pain and being a functioning member of society, I think anyone would take the latter. The opioid crackdown has not thought about those with chronic illnesses/pain at all and I can completely see how someone could turn to heroin if they weren’t allowed to get the meds they need to not be in pain and function. It’s such a huge mess. -end rant-

Manta.com has this about Adams Health Solutions in Peebles, Ohio...

Adams Health Solutions is a privately held company in Peebles, OH and is a Single Location business. Categorized under Health Services. Our records show it was established in 2009 and incorporated in Ohio. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 67000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

Detailed Information
Location TypeSingle Location
Year Established2009
Annual Revenue Estimate67000
Employees2
SIC Code8099, Health and Allied Services, NEC
NAICS Code621999, All Other Miscellaneous Ambulatory Health Care Services
Business Categories

BBM

Betty I thought that too until I saw the link to AHS posted here the other day. The NAICS code caught my eye since I see those things in my sleep sometimes. The NAICS code for a home health care business is 621610 Home Health Care Services. So basically AHS was registered with the IRS under the code 621999 which is defined in the IRS code as" Offices Of All Other Miscellaneous Health Practitioners" a sub category of MD's and specialty physicians like a P. A. (Physicians Assistant) or something like that. Not an MD but still licensed to practice medicine and write prescriptions. The code for a chiropractor is 621310 and a physical therapist is 621340 while a physician is 621111. So that rules out it being for physical therapy. Counseling and psychologists are under code 621112 and Outpatient Care Services is code 621400.

JMO

I can't speak to a physicians assistant but my brother in law is an oral surgeon. I asked how the March 15,2016 CDC guidelines changed his method of writing script for class two drugs.

He wasn't sure because he wasn't in his office at the exact timing but 2016 sounded about right
. The biggest change for him personally was he could no longer call in to a pharmacy any class two drugs.

I then asked by who whose authority was he licensed to write Rx and he said its the DEA.

I then asked who catalogued his Rx history. He said all script has his unique lincense #. So it is his lincense from the DEA that allows him to write script.They would know exactly how many class two drugs he wrote.

Of course he isn't verified here at websleuths but I did think it was interesting.

A Google search on 100 Grove St. shows about four real estate placed have it listed for sale. A church is at that address. A medical doctor internist office there, and the day care center.

According to WEBMD

About SOM Inc

SOM Inc is a group practice with 1 location. Currently, SOM Inc specializes in Internal Medicine with 1 physician.

SOM Inc Office Locations

Monday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed

I deleted the address but if you google it you will find it.

Does anyone remember that article where the guy who wanted a pack of cigarettes told the reporter he knew the R's and if you wanted pills they were the ones to see or something like that?

Looks like they have their Dr for scripts. JMO

I do, but, I took it that they were just trying to get someone to buy them a pack of smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop