OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's been quite a bit of speculation about that, but we need to verify. I went through a lot of LM's interviews a week or so ago, but didn't find anything quite that specific. Maybe time to look again.

Ok, found something.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/new...arch-related-massacre/FFgqAlgjwfkNQyHKJXAyTK/

This is from last summer, when the W property was searched.

https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/aut...-of-pike-county-massacre-victims-ex-boyfriend

This is one of those deals where what constitutes a "dispute"? A disagreement? A screaming match? Physical threat? Legal action threat? We don't know how serious it was for sure and I'm sure opinions would differ depending who described it. JW, I think, said it was to make the joint custody arrangement legal. She may not have wanted to do that for various reasons.
The only thing I've wondered about is who had his daughter the week prior. One reporter says HR brought her to JW's house the Friday prior. He said in an interview he picked her up the night before the murders. Which is correct and why the discrepancy? The reporter could have been in error and he may have wanted to make it sound more exciting on his part. I'm not sure we will ever which is correct for sure. If you want to claim the W's were involved in the murders, then you will say he lied.
But in the long run, none of the above may have anything to do with why it happened or who did it...

Here you go:
It also has one of the largest Appalachian communities in the country. The massacre has shined an unwelcome light on the poverty and social problems of the area, with out-of-state-reporters writing breathlessly of hillbillies, rednecks and moonshiners, of confederate flags and tin roofs, of trashy locals willing to spill the beans about the Rhodens in exchange for a pack of cigarettes.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/1b45bdf93e2acea8da0a4701357cbfb0

On the the subject of the Rhoden's.

My Mom and Dad were the 1st generation to leave Mississippi.I believe ancestry has on my paternal side a relative moving from Virginia to Missippi in the 1700's. That would be the most recent. Generations never left the NE corner of Mississippi.

The reason I am boring you with this is I feel like I know the Rhoden family. I was 6 months old when my dad got a football scholarship to Northwestern University. From Chicago we would drive down home a few times a month but we never moved back.

My family worked hard on the farm and they ate poor people's food. The Rhoden family were working hard to make ends meet. At jobs that didn't even pay a living wage.

The 'beast of prey' who orchestrated the genicide of CRsr family is a predictor he engaged them enough to hook then reel them in.

The Rhoden family endured desperation,proverty,hopelessness,terrible fear of losing what little they had trying to make ends meet on & on.

My biggest fear is the case has gone cold.
:cow:

Here is the statement:
"Two men approached as she spoke, all rednecks and jailhouse tattoos and teeth stained by tobacco like a lot of other young men around here, and asked to borrow money for the cigarettes that sit in virtually every Pike County hand.

“I don’t have no money. My boyfriend gave me these cigarettes,” Pritchard told the pair of the dukes in her pocket. “And he’s saving his money for us to go on a date.”
The older of the two, who didn’t want to give his name, didn’t know much about Hannah, but said if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the Rhodens, at least some of the younger ones.
“Tell you what, you buy me a pack of cigarettes and I’ll sit down right here with you and tell you all kinds of crazy stuff about them,” he said.
And just like that, the talk was back to the Rhodens."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/many-in-piketon-ohio-town-turn-on-massacred-rhoden-family

Here you go:
It also has one of the largest Appalachian communities in the country. The massacre has shined an unwelcome light on the poverty and social problems of the area, with out-of-state-reporters writing breathlessly of hillbillies, rednecks and moonshiners, of confederate flags and tin roofs, of trashy locals willing to spill the beans about the Rhodens in exchange for a pack of cigarettes.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/1b45bdf93e2acea8da0a4701357cbfb0

On the the subject of the Rhoden's.

My Mom and Dad were the 1st generation to leave Mississippi.I believe ancestry has on my paternal side a relative moving from Virginia to Missippi in the 1700's. That would be the most recent. Generations never left the NE corner of Mississippi.

The reason I am boring you with this is I feel like I know the Rhoden family. I was 6 months old when my dad got a football scholarship to Northwestern University. From Chicago we would drive down home a few times a month but we never moved back.

My family worked hard on the farm and they ate poor people's food. The Rhoden family were working hard to make ends meet. At jobs that didn't even pay a living wage.

The 'beast of prey' who orchestrated the genicide of CRsr family is a predictor he engaged them enough to hook then reel them in.

The Rhoden family endured desperation,proverty,hopelessness,terrible fear of losing what little they had trying to make ends meet on & on.

My biggest fear is the case has gone cold.

I agree with most of what you say. They were victims, they didn't deserve their horrible deaths. The killers need to be brought to justice.

I'm just still not seeing any connection to dealing hard drugs. LE would have said so, if that were the case. It would have lessened public pressure to solve the murders and easier for the case to go cold.

As for the link to someone saying they could get pills from the Rhodens, here's the quote verbatim, from a couple of anonymous guys with bad teeth looking for free cigarettes:

The older of the two, who didn’t want to give his name, didn’t know much about Hannah, but said if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the Rhodens, at least some of the younger ones.

“Tell you what, you buy me a pack of cigarettes and I’ll sit down right here with you and tell you all kinds of crazy stuff about them,” he said.

Not what I would call a reliable source, but YMMV.

As hard as CR1 was working to get GR off hard drugs, I don't see him allowing his kids to sell them. Come on, he cared about his kid, I feel silly even having to defend this here. Let's be real.

Even after reading the paragraph about how,who picked up their daughter I'm still confused.

This is one of those deals where what constitutes a "dispute"? A disagreement? A screaming match? Physical threat? Legal action threat? We don't know how serious it was for sure and I'm sure opinions would differ depending who described it. JW, I think, said it was to make the joint custody arrangement legal. She may not have wanted to do that for various reasons.
The only thing I've wondered about is who had his daughter the week prior. One reporter says HR brought her to JW's house the Friday prior. He said in an interview he picked her up the night before the murders. Which is correct and why the discrepancywho picked up ? The reporter could have been in error and he may have wanted to make it sound more exciting on his part. I'm not sure we will ever which is correct for sure. If you want to claim the W's were involved in the murders, then you will say he lied.
But in the long run, none of the above may have anything to do with why it happened or who did it...

EXCLUSIVE: Found in the Alaskan wilderness, the family who are 'laser focus' for police hunting Ohio murderers who shot EIGHT people as they slept - and scattered one corpse with dollar bills
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Police, anxious for a breakthrough, appealed a fortnight ago for public help with determining the background to the Wagner's life and their contacts after the gangland-style executions.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]They, particularly, are seeking information on any guns, ammunition and vehicles connected to the Wagners, whose sudden exodus surprised police after they sold their 71-acre land, upped and left.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The family had been living in a red painted ranch house in Peterson Road, Peebles, Ohio, about a 15-minute drive from the Rhoden family home.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]It has been searched several times by detectives and the Wagners had agreed to be interviewed by cops, handing over their lap tops and other possessions.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]But as police inquiries continue the departure of the Wagners increased pressure on the police team to bring their investigations to a conclusion.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Police have not gone on record to state the Wagners are suspects but their public information appeal led to them being labeled as persons of 'special focus.'

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]A Piketon police spokesperson said officers were 'interested in receiving information regarding any interactions, conversations, dealings, or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals (Wagners), which could be personal, business, or otherwise. Specifically information… regarding vehicles, firearms, and ammunition.'

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The slayings of the Rhoden family have led to the biggest murder investigation in the state of Ohio's history with initially more than 200 detectives on the case.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]<snip>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Unusually, he collected his daughter the day before the massacre from her mother instead of the usual agreed Friday.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]DailyMail.com asked George Jr why they had put down new roots in Alaska and if the police scrutiny was wearing his family down, but he refused to comment.[/FONT][/FONT]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...focus-multiple-murder-hunt.html#ixzz59ZWwsDd1

The only thing I've wondered about is who had his daughter the week prior. One reporter says HR brought her to JW's house the Friday prior. He said in an interview he picked her up the night before the murders. Which is correct and why the discrepancy? The reporter could have been in error and he may have wanted to make it sound more exciting on his part. I'm not sure we will ever which is correct for sure. If you want to claim the W's were involved in the murders, then you will say he lied.

Given it was a custody dispute, it was likely an ongoing battle that was creating stress for the families involved and probably resulting in some heated exchanges now and then. I'd be willing to bet there had been a few confrontations between family members once the W's announced their intentions. If CR1's decision to purchase the new home for DR and kids was motivated by concern over a custody battle, the tensions and conflicts between the two families could have been going on for some time - a month or two.

My recall from reviewing Chris Graves' reporting for the Cincinnati Enquirer is that Hanna dropped off S on the 15th, just a couple days before she delivered her new baby on the 17th. But didn't JW's interview say he had "planned" to drop her off or somesuch. Yes, he seems hinky on this recounting of this part of the timeline seems strange. One would hope LE questioned him closely on this and regard him as a POI if he can't clear it up. Hope, anyway.

I agree with most of what you say. They were victims, they didn't deserve their horrible deaths. The killers need to be brought to justice.

I'm just still not seeing any connection to dealing hard drugs. LE would have said so, if that were the case. It would have lessened public pressure to solve the murders and easier for the case to go cold.

As for the link to someone saying they could get pills from the Rhodens, here's the quote verbatim, from a couple of anonymous guys with bad teeth looking for free cigarettes:

Not what I would call a reliable source, but YMMV.

As hard as CR1 was working to get GR off hard drugs, I don't see him allowing his kids to sell them. Come on, he cared about his kid, I feel silly even having to defend this here. Let's be real.

I don't think he was allowing his kids to sell them. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't selling pills. The most successful drug dealers do not take the drugs themselves. They sell them to those who does take them. I said the kids may have been telling their friends they knew where they could get them.

Even though the young man may not have been the most reliable source my question is why say "if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the R's, at least some of the younger ones."

Why not say "yeah I don't know much about Hannah, but if you want a good mechanic the R's are the ones to see." or "If you are in the market for a good used car then you have probably heard of the R's."

He may not have been a model citizen but why bring up pills unless he knew they sold them? Indeed the fact that he wasn't a model citizen would make him more apt to know what he was talking about.

My point is the reporter didn't ask about drugs, she asked if they knew Hannah, so why throw that comment out there about pills unless the young smoker knew they sold them?

I don't think LE is going to spill all the information they have about the R's to the public. Especially in view of how closed mouth they have been on this case from day one, even to the extent of fighting a long court battle over the autopsy reports.

JMO

I don't think he was allowing his kids to sell them. But that doesn't mean that he wasn't selling pills. The most successful drug dealers do not take the drugs themselves. They sell them to those who does take them. I said the kids may have been telling their friends they knew where they could get them.

Even though the young man may not have been the most reliable source my question is why say "if you were the type of person to smoke weed or pop pills you had probably heard of the R's, at least some of the younger ones."

Why not say "yeah I don't know much about Hannah, but if you want a good mechanic the R's are the ones to see." or "If you are in the market for a good used car then you have probably heard of the R's."

He may not have been a model citizen but why bring up pills unless he knew they sold them? Indeed the fact that he wasn't a model citizen would make him more apt to know what he was talking about.

My point is the reporter didn't ask about drugs, she asked if they knew Hannah, so why throw that comment out there about pills unless the young smoker knew they sold them?

I don't think LE is going to spill all the information they have about the R's to the public. Especially in view of how closed mouth they have been on this case from day one, even to the extent of fighting a long court battle over the autopsy reports.

JMO

It's the Daily Beast. I'm not familiar with the reporter so can't speak to that.

For those who think the elder Rhodens were selling hard drugs, even GR (whom CR1 was trying to help overcome his addiction to hard drugs) these are my questions:

#1 Why hasn't LE mentioned this in the last 2 years?

#2 If accurate, what does it have to do with LE's failure to solve this case?

People get busted for dealing drugs every week in southern Ohio. It's something LE knows how to do down there. So why is it so impossible for them to solve this crime?

Other than just pitching dirty gossip about a dead family who aren't around to defend themselves, what else have you got? I'm as willing as the next person to share ideas, sleuth and try to solve these murders. But year after year of dirty rumors, innuendo and trash talk hasn't accomplished anything.

Let's admit: There are some people online who follow this case who dislike the Rhodens and felt they were terrible people living horrible lives. They're entitled to their opinions, but that has no place in this discussion. Ok? Nasty gossip and innuendo is not the same as sleuthing, advocating for surviving victims and family or trying to solve this case.

Sorry to be so blunt, but after two years of hearing people run down these victims and talk trash about them, I'm kind of out of patience. It's against the rules to insult and spread rumors about victims here. There are other forums that allow it and maybe it's more appropriate there.

I am completely dumbfounded on how LE has handled this case! I have watched the heartbreaking youtube video of the mother/grandmother of the R victims.. Can the family members get autopsy reports that aren't redacted?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

It's the Daily Beast. I'm not familiar with the reporter so can't speak to that.

For those who think the elder Rhodens were selling hard drugs, even GR (whom CR1 was trying to help overcome his addiction to hard drugs) these are my questions:

People get busted for dealing drugs every week in southern Ohio. It's something LE knows how to do down there. So why is it so impossible for them to solve this crime?

Other than just pitching dirty gossip about a dead family who aren't around to defend themselves, what else have you got? I'm as willing as the next person to share ideas, sleuth and try to solve these murders. But year after year of dirty rumors, innuendo and trash talk hasn't accomplished anything.

Let's admit: There are some people online who follow this case who dislike the Rhodens and felt they were terrible people living horrible lives. They're entitled to their opinions, but that has no place in this discussion. Ok? Nasty gossip and innuendo is not the same as sleuthing, advocating for surviving victims and family or trying to solve this case.

Sorry to be so blunt, but after two years of hearing people run down these victims and talk trash about them, I'm kind of out of patience. It's against the rules to insult and spread rumors about victims here. There are other forums that allow it and maybe it's more appropriate there.
I think you are right. Eight people were killed they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. The false information of the "huge" marijuana grow was a blow to all of them. Its all most people can see. Maybe it was put out there for that purpose. I honestly believe after reading ALL of the threads LE's behavior is indeed shady. If I were a family member I would be screaming for justice after I made sure my children and such were safe. However, its easy for me to say what I would do because I am not in the thick of it.

I am completely dumbfounded on how LE has handled this case! I have watched the heartbreaking youtube video of the mother/grandmother of the R victims.. Can the family members get autopsy reports that aren't redacted?

According to Dr. David Kessler, the Pike Co Coroner, the Rhoden & Gilley families were given discussion based on a summary of the results of the preliminary autopsy reports. They apparently haven't asked for more information. Kessler said he had the preliminary reports there when he discussed the cases with each family group. He would have given them copies if they had asked for them. He was also told by Pike Co Sheriff's office that none of the family members were considered suspects. Based on that information, Dr. Kessler felt it would have been ok to provide the preliminary reports to the family if they wished.

Court docs reveal initial coroner response to Pike Co. slayings

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...l-coroner-response-pike-co-slayings/91751384/

Here's a link to the Columbus Dispatch public lawsuit file at the Ohio SC. You'll find the depositions in the Evidence files dated from the summer of 2017.

https://www.sc.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/#/caseinfo/2016/1153

BBM

Okay Betty P, first of all I respect your opinion and enjoy reading your posts as I find them intelligent and well written most of the time.

But I am not spreading nasty gossip, I am quoting a MSM article. I do not live anywhere near Ohio so I am not privy to any gossip spread by the locals. I can only go on what I read in MSM articles of which this comment was a part.

I do not and never have known the victims. I do not like nor dislike the victims. I did not know them so I therefore have no opinion on them or the way they lived their lives. I do not judge other people for the way they live. But like it or not Betty P something in these 8 peoples lives got them killed. Some thing they were doing or someone they crossed led to their deaths, so the way they were living and the things they were doing is pertinent to solving this case. Anyone who knows anything about major crime investigations like murder knows the first place LE starts is with family and friends. The first thing they investigate is the victim's lifestyle and the people who shared that lifestyle. You don't have to like it Betty P but it is an iron clad fact that what the victims were doing in their lives and the people they know always leads to who killed them and why. It is just the way it is. How they lived and what they were doing is very crucial to this investigation.

I believe the rules state any quotes from MSM is allowed and this quote from the young smoker was from MSM.

Now last of all, how do you know what the young smoker said was gossip and not fact? Do you have a MSM link stating that this young man was repeating gossip or that he was spreading malicious rumors? Do you know this young man personally and know he is prone to spreading gossip and rumors? How do you know he didn't buy pills from them himself? How do you know he wasn't a regular customer out there on UHR?

You don't have to like it Betty P but something got these 8 people killed. And there had to be a pretty powerful reason to go to four homes and kill 8 people. So instead of beating down anyone who asks a question about what was said by someone who actually knew these people maybe you should ask yourself why the guy said it in the first place when drugs and pills was not even part of the conversation.

I am not trying to be nasty here but this case has gone on long enough so it is time to take the blinders off and start asking why someone wanted these people dead.

JMO

I think you are right. Eight people were killed they deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. The false information of the "huge" marijuana grow was a blow to all of them. Its all most people can see. Maybe it was put out there for that purpose. I honestly believe after reading ALL of the threads LE's behavior is indeed shady. If I were a family member I would be screaming for justice after I made sure my children and such were safe. However, its easy for me to say what I would do because I am not in the thick of it.

How about if we talk about DNA? Maybe change the focus of the discussion a little. DNA is relevant to murder cases, it's how most are solved these days, certainly how most prosecutors are able to win cases in court.

So what's the status of DNA evidence in Rhoden murder investigation?

We know that various family members and acquaintances have reported providing DNA samples to LE.

Is it safe to assume that, because LE is collecting DNA that there was DNA left by the killers that they're using for comparison?

Manleys have reported in the past that they've provided samples

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...-investigation-scientists-work-cops/84433990/

Family looked at first

A nationally recognized criminologist and a pathologist, well versed in complex homicide investigations, said any criminal activity or potential criminal activity involving the victims is surely being peeled apart by agents. They also said the first people who find victims, family members and business associates are often the first to be scrutinized as potential suspects.

I
nvestigators have possession of the clothes Bobby Jo Manley wore on April 22. They've swabbed her mouth for DNA and taken her fingerprints. They've interviewed her at least four times, she said. Investigators took DNA swabs from Leonard Manley as well and asked him for details related to his whereabouts and those of his family in the hours before the bodies were found.

Taking such samples can occur for a variety of reasons. The two Manleys would have been around the Rhodens' property and homes frequently; possessing their DNA can enable investigators to distinguish it from any other DNA present at the crime scenes.From the start, the Manleys have said they feel unfairly targeted by authorities.

Slightly OT, but there's a quote in that article from Dr. Cyril Wecht

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist and lawyer who has served as a consultant on numerous murder cases, agreed.

"This was planned and organized,'' he said, adding that he thinks perhaps someone close to the victims might have supplied information to the killers, either intentionally or unwittingly.

Wagners attorney reported last summer that they had given DNA samples

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Oh...in-Rhoden-murder-investigation-429462583.html

So, the Manley and, as of last summer, the Wagner family have submitted DNA. Who else? We should probably add in pretty much anyone currently serving in prison, in Ohio or elsewhere.

How about all the drug and MJ busts that have been going on in Ohio during the last few years? Everyone who is arrested and incarcerated is probably required to submit their DNA, including those busted for drugs, murder, prostitution, theft, etc. in Pike and surrounding counties.

So where do you think that puts the status of this case? Does LE have enough DNA yet to have found a match on some of the incriminating evidence?

What kind of incriminating evidence could they have that would be outside the normal things regular visitors to the Rhoden home might have touched?

DNA from a fingerprint on a bullet or spent cartridge?

DNA from the bills strewn about KR's body?

DNA or fingerprints on the walls outside or inside the open windows at CR1 & FR's trailers?

Do you think LE has the DNA of the killers from an incriminating location/source?

Do you think they've gotten any matches yet?

BBM

Okay Betty P, first of all I respect your opinion and enjoy reading your posts as I find them intelligent and well written most of the time.

But I am not spreading nasty gossip, I am quoting a MSM article. I do not live anywhere near Ohio so I am not privy to any gossip spread by the locals. I can only go on what I read in MSM articles of which this comment was a part.

I do not and never have known the victims. I do not like nor dislike the victims. I did not know them so I therefore have no opinion on them or the way they lived their lives. I do not judge other people for the way they live. But like it or not Betty P something in these 8 peoples lives got them killed. Some thing they were doing or someone they crossed led to their deaths, so the way they were living and the things they were doing is pertinent to solving this case. Anyone who knows anything about major crime investigations like murder knows the first place LE starts is with family and friends. The first thing they investigate is the victim's lifestyle and the people who shared that lifestyle. You don't have to like it Betty P but it is an iron clad fact that what the victims were doing in their lives and the people they know always leads to who killed them and why. It is just the way it is. How they lived and what they were doing is very crucial to this investigation.

I believe the rules state any quotes from MSM is allowed and this quote from the young smoker was from MSM.

Now last of all, how do you know what the young smoker said was gossip and not fact? Do you have a MSM link stating that this young man was repeating gossip or that he was spreading malicious rumors? Do you know this young man personally and know he is prone to spreading gossip and rumors? How do you know he didn't buy pills from them himself? How do you know he wasn't a regular customer out there on UHR?

You don't have to like it Betty P but something got these 8 people killed. And there had to be a pretty powerful reason to go to four homes and kill 8 people. So instead of beating down anyone who asks a question about what was said by someone who actually knew these people maybe you should ask yourself why the guy said it in the first place when drugs and pills was not even part of the conversation.

I am not trying to be nasty here but this case has gone on long enough so it is time to take the blinders off and start asking why someone wanted these people dead.

JMO

Of course, something got these 8 people killed. I just don't know why we have to keep assuming it's the result of something awful they did to bring it upon themselves. How many murders have we followed here on WS where that happens?

These people had clean records, were never arrested for dealing in drugs. LE has said they were growing MJ, they did not say they were dealing in hard drugs. So why do we need to discuss them doing so, even giving them to their kids to sell to others their own age? Those parents are dead. Those kids are dead. There's no evidence they were involved in dealing drugs, other than the word of a couple of anonymous kids looking to get a reporter to buy them cigarettes. Kids who imply they buy drugs from other people.

I wasn't targeting you, specifically, Raisin with my comment. It's just a heads up when the discussion begins veering back in this direction (and it usually does). Rhodens were dealing oxy/heroin. Their kids were dealing oxy/heroin. Dina was dealing oxy/heroin. The dogs were dealing oxy/heroin. The roosters and cats were dealing oxy/heroin. If you think that somehow points to a group of suspects and who had MMO to kill 8 people,then please put that theory out. But to spend pages and pages of threads just talking about all the reasons why some think they were doing and dealing oxy/heroin/ meth, etc. it's not productive. And given the fact LE has not said that's the case (and they would know), it's borderline against the rules.

Maybe it would help for people who have the urge to write a post about one more reason why they think CR1, DR and everyone were dealing oxy/heroin/meth and teaching their kids to sell it too to just take a pause and come up with a valid theory or suspect or scenario that builds upon that. Something with links and analysis that moves the case forward instead of getting the thread stuck in the endless loop of "rumor says Rhodens were dealing oxy/heroin/meth". "Rhoden kids were dealing oxy/heroin/meth, that's what got them killed". People on that merry go round should to come up with something more substantive than that. We know you think that. Tell us where that opinion leads to some solid evidence or links we can work with.

ETA: In all fairness, anyone who needs to keep expressing their opinion that Rhodens are to blame for their own deaths, they owe it to the rest of us to provide something substantive to justify that opinion.

Even after reading the paragraph about how,who picked up their daughter I'm still confused.

EXCLUSIVE: Found in the Alaskan wilderness, the family who are 'laser focus' for police hunting Ohio murderers who shot EIGHT people as they slept - and scattered one corpse with dollar bills
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Police, anxious for a breakthrough, appealed a fortnight ago for public help with determining the background to the Wagner's life and their contacts after the gangland-style executions.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]They, particularly, are seeking information on any guns, ammunition and vehicles connected to the Wagners, whose sudden exodus surprised police after they sold their 71-acre land, upped and left.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The family had been living in a red painted ranch house in Peterson Road, Peebles, Ohio, about a 15-minute drive from the Rhoden family home.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]It has been searched several times by detectives and the Wagners had agreed to be interviewed by cops, handing over their lap tops and other possessions.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]But as police inquiries continue the departure of the Wagners increased pressure on the police team to bring their investigations to a conclusion.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Police have not gone on record to state the Wagners are suspects but their public information appeal led to them being labeled as persons of 'special focus.'

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]A Piketon police spokesperson said officers were 'interested in receiving information regarding any interactions, conversations, dealings, or transactions that the public may have had with these individuals (Wagners), which could be personal, business, or otherwise. Specifically information&#8230; regarding vehicles, firearms, and ammunition.'

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]The slayings of the Rhoden family have led to the biggest murder investigation in the state of Ohio's history with initially more than 200 detectives on the case.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Unusually, he collected his daughter the day before the massacre from her mother instead of the usual agreed Friday.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]DailyMail.com asked George Jr why they had put down new roots in Alaska and if the police scrutiny was wearing his family down, but he refused to comment.[/FONT][/FONT]

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...focus-multiple-murder-hunt.html#ixzz59ZWwsDd1

I thought Saturday was the agreed upon date for swapping the kids out (according to Angela W's story). He picked Sophia up on Friday (his original story). His second story after distancing himself from the crime scene, both physically and literally, was that Hannah dropped Sophia off at the Wagner's home.

In a word, yes...

But, there is a witness to this isn't there?

So it was on April 21 that Chelsea told Frankie there was a sickness at daycare and she didn&#8217;t want to take Brentley on Friday. Could Frankie and Hannah watch him instead? They said yes, of course. She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.: &#8217;I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: &#8216;Love you guys. Be careful.&#8243; Overnight, everything changed. Frankie and Hannah were dead. So too were Dana and Christopher Rhoden Sr., Brentley&#8217;s Papaw and Nana. Aunt Hanna Rhoden. And 16-year-old &#8216;Uncle Crissoffer,&#8217; whom Brentley adored. A Rhoden cousin, Gary, and Brentley&#8217;s great-uncle Kenneth Rhoden were gone, too. All shot to death.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20160514/NEWS/305149991

Well, never mind I suppose. That article quotes Thursday as the drop off date.

I thought Saturday was the agreed upon date for swapping the kids out (according to Angela W's story). He picked Sophia up on Friday (his original story). His second story after distancing himself from the crime scene, both physically and literally, was that Hannah dropped Sophia off at the Wagner's home.

Unfortunately only two people know exactly when picking up or dropping off SW? that week are JW and HR. The reporter could be wrong, AW may have said it wrong, JW may have exaggerated his story or flat out lied. The trouble is, how to decide which version to believe....

I'm curious about the life insurance policies and if the families were able to collect? HMR's $25,000 should have been split between Sophia W. and K. Gilley. Who would have received CR, Jr's money? And Frankie's insurance would be split between the G's and the Robinsons?

All the victims died without wills, which means, their estates will be decided by Pike County Probate Court. To date, paperwork filed in Pike County Probate Court only lists assets for Christopher Rhoden Jr., Hanna Rhoden and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden so far. Each had a $25,000 life insurance policy. A 2000 Ford Super Duty pickup truck is listed as an asset in Clarence Rhoden's probate action. The value of it, though, is unknown because it remains in state custody "due to (the) circumstances of this matter."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ws-conference-pike-county-killings/100409216/

People have been murdered for far less than $25,000.

That is about Brently at FR's house not Sophia at DR's and HR's house...

Oh. Thank you. Her family really seemed to put Frankie on a pedestal and no problems mentioned of their co-parenting Brentley. Heck! Maybe it was the Mexican cartel. It's just crazy that LE seems no closer to solving the murders today than they were on April 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrysDan96