OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to clarify my earlier post, above, #510. Jack Ruby, came up from a terrible childhood. His story is really unbelievable, and inspiring. However, something is off with his retraction. I'm not accusing him of anything, either. This is just strange.

Jeff Ruby could afford to offer a $25k reward. He is a generous man. His net worth is reportedly around $850k.(1) I'd not be surprised if he had security, but I could be wrong.

The point of the post, if you'll hang in here with me, is, that if a man in Ruby's position, and history of putting up rewards, offers this huge reward on 4/23/2016, and then pulls it, five days later: UPDATE on Thursday, April 28, 12:20 p.m.: Jeff Ruby has withdrawn his $25,000 reward because of the "recent complex criminal developments" surrounding the Pike County case, according to a post on his Twitter page. Ruby told The Enquirer his advisers have asked him not to talk publicly about his decision, and he has declined comment.(2)

"In a Tweet posted around 6:15 p.m. Friday, Ruby said, "The savage execution of the Rhoden family was barbaric! If by cartel, my involvement puts our family in harms way." The tweet included what appeared to be a picture of Ruby and family.Ruby might have also hinted at his reasoning for withdrawing the money in a Thursday Twitter post in which he used the hashtag, "#6kids4grandkids."
Ruby told The Enquirer Thursday he had been advised not to discuss withdrawing his money from the investigation.
Ruby has since protected his tweets, so only confirmed followers can view them." (2)

With that said, in an article dated May 22, 2017;

Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby is known as much for his rewards and taking on criminals as he is for his steaks.

Ruby offered a $10,000 reward to find the people who murdered a 9-year-old girl in Mount Auburn and, most famously, kicked O.J. Simpson out of his Louisville steakhouse in 2007.

Donte Rogers, 21, who had worked for Ruby for three years, was shot in the back at his home in Evanston. It ended up being was killed in a drug-related dispute with a man who had nothing to do with the murder case. Ruby feared the young man would become the latest unsolved murder in Cincinnati. He contacted the president of the Fraternal Order of Police and decided the best way to find Donte's murderer was to offer a reward -- his very first -- of $5,000. Ruby said that's all it took. "The next day they find the murderer," he said. (3)

Despite assurances from police, worried witnesses in several other homicide cases called detectives Monday saying they now are afraid to testify because they don't want to end up like Rogers. Police detectives spent much of the day meeting with those witnesses in an effort to change their minds. (4)

Finally, 3/27/2017; Ruby is offering $10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a person responsible for the fatal shooting of one and injury of 17 others at the Cameo nightclub. Police said the club has a history of gun violence. (5)

If Jeff Ruby, a man who is in the habit of offering rewards, pulls his reward, then what about the folks who live in that town, county, region? If Ruby didn't want to get near this, who has the money hire protection, why would the average person in Piketon take the risk?

(1) Jeff Ruby: The story behind the provocative, outspoken restaurateur/net worth.

https://networthpost.com/net-worth/jeff-ruby-net-worth/

(2) Reason Jeff Ruby Rescinded $25k Reward in Piketon Murders
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/04/23/jeff-ruby-offers-25k-arrest-pike-co-mass-shooter/83432754/

(3) Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby is known as much for his rewards and taking on criminals as he is for his steaks.
http://http://www.wlwt.com/article/meet-jeff-ruby-the-story-behind-the-provocative-outspoken-restaurateur/9908482

(4) Shooting tied to drugs not revenge.
URL="http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/08/10/loc_loc1ahomicide.html"]http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/08/10/loc_loc1ahomicide.html[/URL]

(5)Ruby Offers Reward for Nightclub Shooting.
https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2017/03/27/jeff-ruby-offers-10-000-reward-in-nightclub.html

Thanks for retrieving those articles, rsd1200. Ruby's response is as I recall it - he learned enough from LE to fear some sort of retribution from the killers. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation.

Again, the SM rumor mill has kind of distorted this story, using it to make it appear Ruby was disapproving of the murdered family because the dad and uncle grew some pot. Jeez. Ohio had just had a referendum on the ballot to legalize MJ. Within a few months of this massacre, the Ohio GA would legalize MJ for medical use. Then there's the all-pupose meme for most obnoxious Rhoden rumors - "everybody hated them" "they got what they deserved".

Who benefits from using news and social media to demonize the dead members of the Rhoden/Gilley families? Maybe those who were somehow complicit in their deaths?

You would think that CRsr being in the "business" for how long? Would know better than to rip somebody big off. If this were true, he must have been very desperate to do something like that. Even "snitching" on someone "big", he would know that he put his whole family in extreme danger. Which lets me to think that he considered the person/person's he was dealing with to be "a friend" or someone who would not have gone to these extreme's (murders). Even with all of the troubles the Rhoden's had going on in their lives, I can't get over them not being more careful in the safety of their families. It makes sense that they were not aware of the danger they truly were in. Who was feeding them information that they should just be careful and not on alert?

Agree, I don't think he ripped anyone off. CR1 seemed like a pretty smart guy. He would have known the risks. I do think it's possible that, if someone threatened him, he might retaliate with a threat of his own. He wasn't the kind of guy to get pushed around or bullied, especially if he was keeping his own nose clean. I think he was being very careful in his business, but he came up against someone powerful who wanted to get rid of him. JMO, I could see him balking at someone who was shaking him down for "protection" or a percentage of his sales revenue or something similar.

In my earlier scenario, he may not have "snitched" at all, but may have been set up by people who made up that story and spread it to the wrong people.

I also believe that JM and AM are involved. The W's could have provided ammo, gun, 4 wheeler, info I feel they are involved in that way maybe?

Both have been questioned and investigated extensively. Their phones/ online activity as been examined, they've submitted to polys and given DNA samples. They've been followed and, likely, their communications have been monitored. They've been called to testify before a grand jury. Their homes and cars were searched. If, after 2 yrs and all that investigative work, LE still can't pin it on them, then LE is grossly incompetent.

JMO, JM and AM were set up to take the blame. The people who were actually behind the killings took steps to make it look like M's were involved when they weren't. They aren't the killers.

JW probably contacted JM under some phony pretense to ask about the activities of DR & CR1 that night.

MOO

In my point of view, if there is corruption from local LE, then why hasn't "higher ups" in authority found this out? Or are they in the mix also? I have also thought of undercover agents being involved. In my belief's these "task forces" have been going on since the early 2000's (maybe earlier). Could "the powers that be" be investigating local business owner's, banks and prominent families in the area who could be involved? It sounds like a giant spider lose on the community! For some reason, it seemed that LM when he was vocal, was extremely pizzed off with local LE and didn't seem to scared to talk about them. But the way family, friends, community, media has remained quiet they are scared. Of what or whom? Who could all those people be afraid of?

BBM

People in a community can be afraid amauet and that fear doesn't always mean they are afraid of losing their lives. They can be afraid of losing their job. Not being able to feed your kids or losing your home or car or any number of things. Sometimes when you have small towns like Peebles and Piketon there is generally only one big employer. If you cross that one employer you might as well move to a different town. As far as I can tell there are two big businesses in the area. BBL and the elder W's. If someway those two are connected then you have a very closed financial setting. If you make one of them mad by saying something negative against them, then you are going to find yourself and maybe your entire family, even extended family driving a hundred miles away to Cincinnati, something a lot of folks cannot afford to do.

That also holds true for LE in the area, especially PCSO. One of those big employers gets a grudge against you and you can bet you will not be elected sheriff next term. You will find yourself a few counties over working as a deputy again.

So if someone like Reader is afraid of offending a big business what chance does the average Joe have when he works at BBL and his wife works at a nursing home owned by BBL? Same goes for the elder W's ranch and the nursing homes they own. To tell what they know means uprooting their family, selling the home they have maybe paid on for years, and moving to a town where they don't know anyone.

It's better just to keep your mouth shut and hope someone else has the courage to talk.

LM talked because he was in shock and extremely upset and angry. But even then if you will remember he stopped short of naming names and only hinted at what he knew. Now after his son's arrest he isn't even doing that. I think to him, JM's arrest means that even the politicians like DeWine and the BCI are not going to help him and talking too much is just going to bring down more grief on his family. Same with Reader, he hinted at it many times. saying someone sitting in that church knew who killed the R's and why, insisting from the beginning that it was locals, but he never came out and named a POI, just that "laser focus" of DeWines. But I think LM knows exactly who killed his family as does Sheriff Reader. Now neither one of them are even hinting.

JMO

BBM

People in a community can be afraid amauet and that fear doesn't always mean they are afraid of losing their lives. They can be afraid of losing their job. Not being able to feed your kids or losing your home or car or any number of things. Sometimes when you have small towns like Peebles and Piketon there is generally only one big employer. If you cross that one employer you might as well move to a different town. As far as I can tell there are two big businesses in the area. BBL and the elder W's. If someway those two are connected then you have a very closed financial setting. If you make one of them mad by saying something negative against them, then you are going to find yourself and maybe your entire family, even extended family driving a hundred miles away to Cincinnati, something a lot of folks cannot afford to do.

That also holds true for LE in the area, especially PCSO. One of those big employers gets a grudge against you and you can bet you will not be elected sheriff next term. You will find yourself a few counties over working as a deputy again.

So if someone like Reader is afraid of offending a big business what chance does the average Joe have when he works at BBL and his wife works at a nursing home owned by BBL? Same goes for the elder W's ranch and the nursing homes they own. To tell what they know means uprooting their family, selling the home they have maybe paid on for years, and moving to a town where they don't know anyone.

It's better just to keep your mouth shut and hope someone else has the courage to talk.

LM talked because he was in shock and extremely upset and angry. But even then if you will remember he stopped short of naming names and only hinted at what he knew. Now after his son's arrest he isn't even doing that. I think to him, JM's arrest means that even the politicians like DeWine and the BCI are not going to help him and talking too much is just going to bring down more grief on his family. Same with Reader, he hinted at it many times. saying someone sitting in that church knew who killed the R's and why, insisting from the beginning that it was locals, but he never came out and named a POI, just that "laser focus" of DeWines. But I think LM knows exactly who killed his family as does Sheriff Reader. Now neither one of them are even hinting.

JMO

True, LE isn't hinting anymore, but they aren't arresting,either. The whole thing has the feel of a stalemate between two opposing factions. Wish we knew what was going on in the GJ hearings. Amazing no arrests of any kind have been made as a result.

Anyway, here's a link to the Pike County Chamber of Commerce's list of top businesses in Pike County

http://www.pikechamber.org/new-page-3

Pike County Government is the third largest employer with 350 employees

A few nursing homes are on there

National Church Residences, which builds senior housing developments

BBL is not on the list

Here's another list for the general region

https://choosesouthernohio.com/doing-business-here/major-employers/

I don't think BBL really employs that many people.

True, LE isn't hinting anymore, but they aren't arresting,either. The whole thing has the feel of a stalemate between two opposing factions. Wish we knew what was going on in the GJ hearings. Amazing no arrests of any kind have been made as a result.

Anyway, here's a link to the Pike County Chamber of Commerce's list of top businesses in Pike County

BBL is not on the list

*** is like the Local Feudal Royalty with it's Piketon Serf's exactly like in the 13th century. The locals are nothing but peasants to **. The locals all 'say' they work for the ***. But there is a good reason you do not find the *** in the PCCof C list of employers. The PCC of C lists businesses that pay a living wage. If the locals who 'worked at the *** wanted anything to keep them off 'refief' or from eating government commodities that was negotiated behind closed doors.** would probably exchange room and board for what ever dirty work he wanted done. Oh it was ran by his lawyer of course.

Go back and read about how the current owner bought the *** for song when it was forced in bankruptcy with a little help from a friend whose name you would recognize.

For two years I have read about this through the public records & it's easy to find. You don't really have to try hard.Oh and he has lawyers clear up the food chain.

The Rhoden Family did not live on 'relief' they worked hard. They were hooked on some unsavory dealing through a LLC owned by the above feudal royality. They wanted out and there were enough locals also lower on the totem pole who depended on the 'cash' from the local Feudal Royality. The Feudal Royality knew how to stir things up and festering disputes were brought to a simmering boil. Desperation does crazy things especially if there is a chance 'doing nothing' could mean losing everything you have worked for.

Trust me I know these people 'my family' was like this. There is no fate worst or 'almost' worst than taking government relief. These people have pride.

:cow:

BBL is not on the list

No, they dont. That doesnt mean something isnt "off" though. Hes got his hands in a lot of different ventures. Im just leery of him. BBL is a perfect location for shady stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

*** is like the Local Feudal Royalty with it's Piketon Serf's exactly like in the 13th century. The locals are nothing but peasants to **. The locals all 'say' they work for the ***. But there is a good reason you do not find the *** in the PCCof C list of employers. The PCC of C lists businesses that pay a living wage. If the locals who 'worked at the *** wanted anything to keep them off 'refief' or from eating government commodities that was negotiated behind closed doors.** would probably exchange room and board for what ever dirty work he wanted done. Oh it was ran by his lawyer of course.

Go back and read about how the current owner bought the *** for song when it was forced in bankruptcy with a little help from a friend whose name you would recognize.

For two years I have read about this through the public records & it's easy to find. You don't really have to try hard.Oh and he has lawyers clear up the food chain.

The Rhoden Family did not live on 'relief' they worked hard. They were hooked on some unsavory dealing through a LLC owned by the above feudal royality. They wanted out and there were enough locals also lower on the totem pole who depended on the 'cash' from the local Feudal Royality. The Feudal Royality knew how to stir things up and festering disputes were brought to a simmering boil. Desperation does crazy things especially if there is a chance 'doing nothing' could mean losing everything you have worked for.

Trust me I know these people 'my family' was like this. There is no fate worst or 'almost' worst than taking government relief. These people have pride.

I had to break down and get food stamps, in the 80s. I was in my teens. There were few jobs here. People were standing in line for any place that had an opening. I was handy in tobacco so Id pick up work there, and such, but that was seasonal. It was so humiliating for me, to go on aid. I'd go the next county over to grocery shop, fearing someone would see me. [emoji52] So, yes, thats true.

The only closed casket was HMG, she was the first one buried also. the others were buried a few days later. GR was next then CRsr and DR and their children, K R was the next day.
Probably a dumb question but can anyone tell me why HMG had a closed casket?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I'm still going with the opinions of many pros in the aftermath that it was well-planned operation. There were too many risks in a spontaneous mass murder. Too easy for someone to be alerted, to call 911 or grab weapons and shoot back. Most indicative was their ability to kill CR1 & GR not far from Frankie's trailer.

I also dispute the opinion big in the rumor mill that there were lots of people going in and out of CR1s trailer all the time. If that was his place of business, his grow op, the place where he may have kept large amounts of cash, I don't see CR1 allowing it to be "party central" or the favorite hang out of friends and family. I don't think he allowed many people to come in, let alone hang out there. JMO.

I don't think it was spontaneous, and I don't think that it was a party spot, but if you're dealing, even if it's "just" weed, you are still going to rub elbows with folks who are doing/dealing way more than weed (users and dealers). It can still be very dangerous for just a weed grower/seller. There will be a temptation, to hook up w/these folks, who you see having nice things. The temptation wins, sometimes. That's when it gets bad.

Probably a dumb question but can anyone tell me why HMG had a closed casket?

It may have just been her family's preference. My family did that when my cousin passed, and she was fairly young, and had died of cancer. They allowed immediate family, we're talking sibs and parents, down to 1st cousins, and that was it, to go back, just before they rolled the casket out, to view the body, but closed the casket for the entire service, to the rest of the family and/or friends. Some folks are funny about that stuff. The family may have just chosen to view the body, as they saw that as private.

I agree with you about the low paying jobs there in Pike Co. I used to live in Adams Co and moved there from a city. You couldn't get a job anywhere unless you were related or new people. I wound up in a temp service job that paid 6.00 an hour and the temp service got 1.50 of my hourly wage. When I left the city, jobs were starting out at 8.00 to 9.00 dollars an hour. I worked at one place where the union wanted to come in. I had worked union jobs in the past and knew something about them. But the company told these folks that if union came in they would have to shut down before the year was out. (threatening that this job is better than no job) I tried to explain to some of my co workers that union would be good for them, but they were afraid of losing their jobs. And the company still folded under. So I've seen this fear that you are referring to. Friend your talking about is Mc *****nd? Yes I think some of us have checked that place out. One I would think that is still working there is TR, could be for room and broad? Who knows? We know so little about the surviving brothers TR and BR1.

No, they dont. That doesnt mean something isnt "off" though. Hes got his hands in a lot of different ventures. Im just leery of him. BBL is a perfect location for shady stuff.

I totally agree with you about BBl, RSD. I guess they get away with flying under the radar about employees because they consider them "seasonal" workers, not full time employees. I bet that CRsr was considered a contract employee when needed.

It may have just been her family's preference. My family did that when my cousin passed, and she was fairly young, and had died of cancer. They allowed immediate family, we're talking sibs and parents, down to 1st cousins, and that was it, to go back, just before they rolled the casket out, to view the body, but closed the casket for the entire service, to the rest of the family and/or friends. Some folks are funny about that stuff. The family may have just chosen to view the body, as they saw that as private.

And they were all shot in the head. How many times she was, I don't think we know for sure, I lost a couple of friends to gunshots in the head, and you don't want to remember a loved one like that. It's up to the family. As was said, we said our goodbyes in private.

And they were all shot in the head. How many times she was, I don't think we know for sure, I lost a couple of friends to gunshots in the head, and you don't want to remember a loved one like that. It's up to the family. As was said, we said our goodbyes in private.

I'm sorry about your friends. Sometimes if the fh is pretty skilled, they can get by w/an open casket. In HHG's case, if I'm right, it might have been too much. I've kept track of the shots as we've proceeded through thread, and, I think this is fairly close (so you maybe right).

Number of shots per victim:
CRsr = 9
GR = 3
KR = 1
DR = 5
HHG = 5
HR = I've heard two.
FR = ?
CRjr = ?
32 shots, total

Just something from early on, I'd been thinking on:

GR's father.

@2:47

GR's Father: He was working out there at the Bear Lake. Him, and CR1, and two more boys. Made good money there. Run backhoes. Laid concrete. Built houses (I think he's talking about structures on-site), stuff like that.

Reporter asks if he thinks the assailants knew the family.

GR's Father: Well, somebody had to know somethin', there wasn't no doors busted down. I, uhm, ain't gonna say if they knowed or not, cause I don't know.

Reporter: What kind of person would do a crime like this?

GR's Father: Well, Idk, a very bad crime, ya got. I'd say more than one.

Reporter: More than one?

GR's Father: I'd say there's more than two. Cause it was laid out and figured out and everything. It was laid out.

Reporter: Did they tell you about GR? What happened, where he was, what happened in that house?

GR's Father: They said, ugh, G, was uh, his nephew (CR1) they was like brothers. My nephew (CR1) was layin' one way, and GR was layin' over his legs. Shot three times in the head. Gary was. As far as the rest of them I don't know about the shootings. I didn't hear it.

Reporter: Asks if any idea about a motive

GR's Father: No sir.

Full Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCX8nLDnX8

That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10 TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.

https://www.10tv.com/article/pike-county-murder-investigation-continues-fundraisers-victims-begin

Just something from early on, I'd been thinking on:

GR's father.

@2:47

GR's Father: He was working out there at the Bear Lake. Him, and CR1, and two more boys. Made good money there. Run backhoes. Laid concrete. Built houses (I think he's talking about structures on-site), stuff like that.

Reporter asks if he thinks the assailants knew the family.

GR's Father: Well, somebody had to know somethin', there wasn't no doors busted down. I, uhm, ain't gonna say if they knowed or not, cause I don't know.

Reporter: What kind of person would do a crime like this?

GR's Father: Well, Idk, a very bad crime, ya got. I'd say more than one.

Reporter: More than one?

GR's Father: I'd say there's more than two. Cause it was laid out and figured out and everything. It was laid out.

Reporter: Did they tell you about GR? What happened, where he was, what happened in that house?

GR's Father: They said, ugh, G, was uh, his nephew (CR1) they was like brothers. My nephew (CR1) was layin' one way, and GR was layin' over his legs. Shot three times in the head. Gary was. As far as the rest of them I don't know about the shootings. I didn't hear it.

Reporter: Asks if any idea about a motive

GR's Father: No sir.

Full Interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCX8nLDnX8

That confirms what the father of victim Gary Rhoden, told 10 TV late last week. Kenneth Rhoden said the coroner told him two different bullet casings were found at the scene.

https://www.10tv.com/article/pike-county-murder-investigation-continues-fundraisers-victims-begin
No fingerprints?

No fingerprints?

The tone he had, when he said, 'It was laid out." lent me to believe, that they'd thought of everything. This didn't get planned out in 2-3 weeks, in other words. Someone hated these people. HHG was shot five times in the head. Five times. That's hate, imo.

The tone he had, when he said, 'It was laid out." lent me to believe, that they'd thought of everything. This didn't get planned out in 2-3 weeks, in other words. Someone hated these people. HHG was shot five times in the head. Five times. That's hate, imo.
I agree with you. It feels like something deeper then drugs. It waa out of nowhere for the Rhodens.

When people think of planned out, they think of a professional hit man. Every day people plan ways to kill their spouse. They could be a fine upstanding citizen who never killed a person in their life but still intelligent enough and ruthless enough to live with a person day and night and be meticulously planning to murder them all along. Some of them get away with it. Others get away with it for years before they are finally caught. You just have to know the people well enough to know where they will be and what they will be doing at any given time.

There has been many, many people killed because they brought the wrong person into their lives and when that relationship breaks up, if there are children involved, that relationship turns deadly. Sometimes whole families get wrapped up in the bitterness and the hatred consumes their lives. Especially if something like child abuse is suspected or imagined.

JW knew the R's. He was with HR for two or three years. He knew their habits. Their homes. He even knew the new house that DR lived in because he put together a crib there a couple of days before. He also knew of Clarence R's prior criminal history. He probably even knew who the victim was and what the circumstances were surrounding it. Could he or AW have imagined something like that was happening to SW? Yes.

I believe that AW is a very intelligent person. So far she has done most of the talking for the family. She was in the military for some time. We don't know specifically what her job was in the military but we do know that a military life is very disciplined and detail oriented. They are combat trained and taught to react even under the most severe pressure.

Do I think this was a crime of hatred? Yes. Do I think it was organized and well planned? Yes. Do I think it was done by a professional hit man? No. I think it was carried out by someone with enough hatred and someone who was ruthless, well organized, and detail oriented who was very capable of sitting around their house and planning this out for a year.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member