OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me:

I hope you are feeling better Betty P! The flu has been very, very bad last year and running into this year too.

Regarding what the Justice page is saying for remembering the victims by staying home and lighting a candle, it sounds like people are still very much in self-protection mode. And regarding the two surviving brothers, even if not involved with the grow op, I bet they are laying low and armed to the hilt. I think I would feel as if I had a big target on my back. Just feeling this is still very much unsettled whatever "it" is.

I believe LE at the beginning thought this case was just a bunch of hillbillies killing each other and that they would solve the murders within a few weeks. Well here we are almost 2 years in and they still don't have anything. I'll eat my boots :eat: if they make an arrest before or on the anniversary of the massacre. It feels like LE bungled this case on day 1. LM made sure the public knew how many times LE went back in the trailer to find Chris Jr. I don't know if I trust the article where it was reported that one of the victim's shoes was still lying in the yard after the trailers were removed, but it sure didn't shine a very good light on the investigation if it was true. The Change.org petition is trying for 1,000 signatures and they are only a little over halfway to 1,000 to bring in the FBI. I'm not sure what to think at this point. So many questions and no answers.

All questions. Zero answers. I honestly do not think that will change...

Snipped by me:

I hope you are feeling better Betty P! The flu has been very, very bad last year and running into this year too.

Regarding what the Justice page is saying for remembering the victims by staying home and lighting a candle, it sounds like people are still very much in self-protection mode. And regarding the two surviving brothers, even if not involved with the grow op, I bet they are laying low and armed to the hilt. I think I would feel as if I had a big target on my back. Just feeling this is still very much unsettled whatever "it" is.

I believe LE at the beginning thought this case was just a bunch of hillbillies killing each other and that they would solve the murders within a few weeks. Well here we are almost 2 years in and they still don't have anything. I'll eat my boots :eat: if they make an arrest before or on the anniversary of the massacre. It feels like LE bungled this case on day 1. LM made sure the public knew how many times LE went back in the trailer to find Chris Jr. I don't know if I trust the article where it was reported that one of the victim's shoes was still lying in the yard after the trailers were removed, but it sure didn't shine a very good light on the investigation if it was true. The Change.org petition is trying for 1,000 signatures and they are only a little over halfway to 1,000 to bring in the FBI. I'm not sure what to think at this point. So many questions and no answers.

They had a memorial service, last year, at the same church, where they met after the murders. It was private though. It was mentioned there was a gag order re; the kids. I think there is a gag order period. Staying home and lighting candles is not the way to draw the attention of the people, and the press, back to this case. I get it though. If they have a gag order, they can't speak to the press, so what good will it do to have a gathering. What if the Rs and the Ms are not Geeing and Hawing? That wouldn't work well at a memorial service. Invite only one side of the family? Have two memorials?

As difficult as that video is to watch, of GSR and her daughter, TG, there are no questions from the videographer. They've videoed the two women, as they express their grief and plead for tips. I don't recall seeing one quite like that, w/o any interaction, so to speak. I'd not be surprised if they all are under a gag order. Then again, some of the press was very unkind in their coverage (to put it lightly), right after the murders, as were the comments on the articles printed. The families had to see both. I'd not want to put my family through any more of that. People can be especially nasty, when they are sitting behind a keyboard. Brutal, even.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/24/pike-county-ohio-massacre/100839412/

Well, it’s taken me just over a month to read through from Thread 1 to here. I’ve read what links I could but soon ran out of free reads and don’t want to pay.

Rather rude of me, sorry. I’m from UK and the laws in Ihio leave me in a tangled mess. This case has me on a merry-go-round and then a roller coaster before flinging me off with no further understanding how on Earth this case has gone on so long.

no evidence shown, so how do we know for sure a crime has been committed? Ah yes the funerals if course. The lack of photographic evidence makes one wonder did this all happen.

it breaks my heart to think that a family can be treated this way. They must be in grief even now as they gave no answers either.

I live in a rural area, always have done. Though not rural like the Rhodens, I can think back to times when kids I went to school with came from poor families and kept their business as their business. Even now I’d never air my dirty laundry in public, it gets dealt with at home.

So they grew some MJ , I know of a few here local to me who grow just a few plants so I’m cool with that. A large grow, well what defines a large grow, even a commercial grow come to that. We’ve seen no plants being removed, no sign of any equipment. So we just have to accept what we’ve been told.

hey, some of you guys are really great sleuthers. I still find it difficult searching, and as for links, yikes, no chance on iPad. Great theories too, Im just putting mine together.

Well, it’s taken me just over a month to read through from Thread 1 to here. I’ve read what links I could but soon ran out of free reads and don’t want to pay.

Rather rude of me, sorry. I’m from UK and the laws in Ihio leave me in a tangled mess. This case has me on a merry-go-round and then a roller coaster before flinging me off with no further understanding how on Earth this case has gone on so long.

no evidence shown, so how do we know for sure a crime has been committed? Ah yes the funerals if course. The lack of photographic evidence makes one wonder did this all happen.

it breaks my heart to think that a family can be treated this way. They must be in grief even now as they gave no answers either.

I live in a rural area, always have done. Though not rural like the Rhodens, I can think back to times when kids I went to school with came from poor families and kept their business as their business. Even now I’d never air my dirty laundry in public, it gets dealt with at home.

So they grew some MJ , I know of a few here local to me who grow just a few plants so I’m cool with that. A large grow, well what defines a large grow, even a commercial grow come to that. We’ve seen no plants being removed, no sign of any equipment. So we just have to accept what we’ve been told.

hey, some of you guys are really great sleuthers. I still find it difficult searching, and as for links, yikes, no chance on iPad. Great theories too, Im just putting mine together.

Hello altojack! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. :)

The only one that the Victim's Fund refused to pay out on, was CR1. Last I read, no one applied for Victim's Fund money, for KR, and GR's family has not made any applications, at least I'm not aware of any claims by GR's family. The Victims Fund paid around $40k toward DR, HMR, CR2, FR, HHG. (1)

However, they denied a claim, from DW, CR1's brother-in-law, in the amount of $4,800, to repay net wages "he lost as he dealt with the killing of his brother-in-law CR1". (2)

"Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said in a letter to Weisel this month that the law requires that payment be denied if there is a “preponderance of evidence” that the victim engaged in cultivating felony quantities of marijuana within 10 years of the crime that prompted the compensation claim, regardless of whether the victim was convicted." (2)

Note: as of 1/20/2017 and 4/13/2017 no one had filed an application for burial funds for CR1 (2).

(1) https://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/ohi...or-funerals-of-5-pike-county-massacre-victims

(2) http://www.news-herald.com/article/HR/20170120/NEWS/170129934

Who paid for KR's ? If you look in his probate, he hasn't got much. 13 used cars, had money in bank, again not much. Has about 9 people going after hardly nothing. I think it said his 1/4 % of the land was 30 thousand, but if that's part of the brothers can it be sold?

Welcome atojack! welcome to our world for the last 2 years! None of it makes sense to most of us either. Look at all we have uncovered in Pike and surrounding counties in Ohio and out of state. Think of what we could do for this case if we had some legit info to go on!

Welcome altojack!

:welcome4:

They had a memorial service, last year, at the same church, where they met after the murders. It was private though. It was mentioned there was a gag order re; the kids. I think there is a gag order period. Staying home and lighting candles is not the way to draw the attention of the people, and the press, back to this case. I get it though. If they have a gag order, they can't speak to the press, so what good will it do to have a gathering. What if the Rs and the Ms are not Geeing and Hawing? That wouldn't work well at a memorial service. Invite only one side of the family? Have two memorials?

As difficult as that video is to watch, of GSR and her daughter, TG, there are no questions from the videographer. They've videoed the two women, as they express their grief and plead for tips. I don't recall seeing one quite like that, w/o any interaction, so to speak. I'd not be surprised if they all are under a gag order. Then again, some of the press was very unkind in their coverage (to put it lightly), right after the murders, as were the comments on the articles printed. The families had to see both. I'd not want to put my family through any more of that. People can be especially nasty, when they are sitting behind a keyboard. Brutal, even.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/04/24/pike-county-ohio-massacre/100839412/

BBM

Yes, that was disturbing, that it wasn't an interview or any attempt to have a conversation with GR & TG. Kind of like hostages reading a script, though their emotions certainly seemed genuine.

But, yeah, I've ALWAYS had the feeling in this case that immediate family members (Rs and Ms) have been pressured to stay silent and live in constant fear. And some of that pressure has come from LE - keeping the victim's personal items from family when they were needed to probate estates, telling them they're on their own for protection, tightly controlling what they say in the news media, etc. Now this year there won't be any kind of anniversary memorial. That's not right and it's not normal.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...iving-child-lives-fear-hes-trapped/487031002/

New article with interview with FR’s ex and mother of his oldest.

Thanks for the link! The headline is very sad

2 years since Pike County slayings, surviving child lives with fear. 'He's trapped by it'

"He will not leave for a room if I am not in it," she says. "The lights have to be on and I'm trying to get him back sleeping in his own bed."'

I'm so glad that little Brently is getting regular counseling, and that his mom is in a support group. He's definitely going to need help for a long time to come.

Also good photos at the link of the Rhoden family gravestone.

Also, a reminder from this article a few weeks ago about one of DeWine's political campaign stops

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...aid-opioid-crisis-in-cincinnati-campaign-stop

DeWine also took questions on several topics during a taping of "This Week in Cincinnati" Wednesday. The first question was about the unsolved slayings of eight Rhoden family members in Pike County nearly two years ago. DeWine previously said his office would maintain a presence in the area until the case is solved.

"Our men and women are in and out of the county, depending on when that is necessary," he said this week. "You know, a lot of work, once you get beyond the initial investigation, can occur anywhere. Our crime lab and our BCI is located in London, Ohio, so we do a lot of the work there.

BBM

It doesn't sound like BCI has anyone working the case full time anymore, just "as needed". Also, all processing of evidence is still being handled solely by BCI.

On the anniversary, it would be nice to hear how many people are still working full time on this case.

Any other questions any of you would like answered? Please share.

BBM

Yes, that was disturbing, that it wasn't an interview or any attempt to have a conversation with GR & TG. Kind of like hostages reading a script, though their emotions certainly seemed genuine.

But, yeah, I've ALWAYS had the feeling in this case that immediate family members (Rs and Ms) have been pressured to stay silent and live in constant fear. And some of that pressure has come from LE - keeping the victim's personal items from family when they were needed to probate estates, telling them they're on their own for protection, tightly controlling what they say in the news media, etc. Now this year there won't be any kind of anniversary memorial. That's not right and it's not normal.

Betty, about that probate, I just don't understand what all those relatives of Kenneth's is after. I think since the land was in some kind of trust to the 4 brothers that the remaining 2 get all that land, that was in their names. Why are all those people going after so little? At least it seems that why to me.

Thanks for the link! The headline is very sad

2 years since Pike County slayings, surviving child lives with fear. 'He's trapped by it'

I'm so glad that little Brently is getting regular counseling, and that his mom is in a support group. He's definitely going to need help for a long time to come.

Also good photos at the link of the Rhoden family gravestone.

All that counseling makes me think he saw something. I for one, don't believe he slept through gun shots. I think the "perps" may have played some kind of game with him to get him out of the trailer while the murders happened. He said in another interview he thought his Daddy was playing the "Walking Dead" game of some sort.

Also, a reminder from this article a few weeks ago about one of DeWine's political campaign stops

https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-new...aid-opioid-crisis-in-cincinnati-campaign-stop

BBM

It doesn't sound like BCI has anyone working the case full time anymore, just "as needed". Also, all processing of evidence is still being handled solely by BCI.

On the anniversary, it would be nice to hear how many people are still working full time on this case.

I'm beginning to think were in for a big let down for anything new on the anniversary. Cincinnati News paper's and Mr.Barr were the only ones covering the case in the last media blizz. Mr. Barr is gone and Cincinnati paper just published that article.

BBM

I’d love to hear DeWine asked why neither him nor Reader haven’t brought the FBI in. There’s no reason the FBI shouldn’t have their eyes and ears in this case as well.

Thank you for the ‘welcomes’, much appreciated.

just going to drop this here then head back to catch-up on what I’ve missed. My life will never be the same since joining WS for the Corrie McKeague case last year. Anyway .....

on the night of the killings DR received a phone call before leaving her place of work. She was seen by a colleague crying, when asked what the problem was, she said she had made a mistake.

we know that DR and CR1 we’re getting back together, the new to her trailer home. Kids back living closer to their dad.

But, and this is just my theory, what if DR didn’t like whatever it was CR1 was involved in, and told him he had to ‘get out’ of whatever he was if he wanted to live together as a family again. After all, how could he move in with DR and the kids and little S if he was dabbling in something that wasn’t within the law.

Could she have been crying because CR1 was pulling out and threats had been made to him and family. Maybe, just maybe she didn’t want to be there at all.

Welcome atojack! welcome to our world for the last 2 years! None of it makes sense to most of us either. Look at all we have uncovered in Pike and surrounding counties in Ohio and out of state. Think of what we could do for this case if we had some legit info to go on!

Thank you amauet1. You are so right. With legit info we could do a lot. Not just for this case but many more.

Bring it it on :websleuther:

This is the video imbedded in the article I posted a few posts ago. Hopefully the link will play.

Update!

Finally got the link

https://cin.ci/2HGXSIM
36b7adb0cdec31a1c49f7f9b413539bb.jpg

I'm beginning to think were in for a big let down for anything new on the anniversary. Cincinnati News paper's and Mr.Barr were the only ones covering the case in the last media blizz. Mr. Barr is gone and Cincinnati paper just published that article.

It sure makes you wonder when the only two reporters working this case hard are both now, in new jobs, out of state, about a thousand miles away. One would have been possibly coincidence but both? Did they not have a choice? Did they feel threatened or in danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M