OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.facebook.com/pikecoso/posts/400218337118911
cache.php

Bamb! I just knew that was going to happen! While on here, why would someone in Ohio want to use a "quit claim" to keep transferring property in and out of their names? And not for divorce purposes either. Something is wrong with all these LLC's, foreclosure's and quit claim deeds going on in the Rhoden family lands. Could they have been used to launder money somehow and from where?

Bamb! I just knew that was going to happen! While on here, why would someone in Ohio want to use a "quit claim" to keep transferring property in and out of their names? And not for divorce purposes either. Something is wrong with all these LLC's, foreclosure's and quit claim deeds going on in the Rhoden family lands. Could they have been used to launder money somehow and from where?

OT, I found it interesting that two often mentioned surnames involved with people in this case, were publicly identified and arrested for running a meth lab earlier today.

BBM

Yes, that was disturbing, that it wasn't an interview or any attempt to have a conversation with GR & TG. Kind of like hostages reading a script, though their emotions certainly seemed genuine.

But, yeah, I've ALWAYS had the feeling in this case that immediate family members (Rs and Ms) have been pressured to stay silent and live in constant fear. And some of that pressure has come from LE - keeping the victim's personal items from family when they were needed to probate estates, telling them they're on their own for protection, tightly controlling what they say in the news media, etc. Now this year there won't be any kind of anniversary memorial. That's not right and it's not normal.

In the article below, little R's Mom says she doesn't intend to attend any anniversary events (plural), so maybe there will be something, only private?

She doesn't have any plans to attend anniversary events.
"Everybody asks how I'm doing and they are crying," at the events, Robinson says. "How am I doing? I don't want to talk about it."

Oh, and did you notice at the end, "Enquirer reporter CGr assisted with this report." ?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...iving-child-lives-fear-hes-trapped/487031002/

Wow. Not completely unexpected for this case, but unusual for the average multiple murder case. Assume DeWine will follow suit. Awkward time for him with an election day coming up in May. Perhaps he will talk about it after then.

Well, hopefully other family members and friends will talk to the news media or even have some kind of memorial service. It would be a shame if these murders go unsolved and the victims forgotten.

In the article below, little R's Mom says she doesn't intend to attend any anniversary events (plural), so maybe there will be something, only private?

Oh, and did you notice at the end, "Enquirer reporter CGr assisted with this report." ?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...iving-child-lives-fear-hes-trapped/487031002/

Great catch! Thanks! It's good to see she's helping the other reporters who are now covering it. They did a good job in capturing the human interest story about the survivors.

I noted Jody Barr, the other reporter who covered the case extensively, was recently reporting on the Austin Bomber during his spree. Jody now works for a tv station in Houston, TX.

Hopefully, we'll see some reporting from Holly Zacharia at the Columbus Dispatch, too. She's still in her job, so that's a good thing.

Quick answer is I was temporarily blocked I think whilst they removed my comment. Not a word from them.

Alright, been in land records searches today. Got something new to chew on. The trailer that FR and HHG lived in was not owned by CRsr. I think that DR, CRjr, HMR, and Brandon all lived there before Dana got her new place. It is owned by Rich*** and Melis** Wei***. It's still in both their names even though she died in July 1990. She was a Stone maiden name. So the trailer that was at 4199 Union Hill Rd and is in storage right now, doesn't appear to be owned by any Rhoden.

For rsd, remember when we were talking about RW and his wife and girlfriend? Well found out today on Scioto Co Court site that they RW and M divorced on Jan 29, 2014. The more I study this family the more people are intertwined with each other.

Alright, been in land records searches today. Got something new to chew on. The trailer that FR and HHG lived in was not owned by CRsr. I think that DR, CRjr, HMR, and Brandon all lived there before Dana got her new place. It is owned by Rich*** and Melis** Wei***. It's still in both their names even though she died in July 1990. She was a Stone maiden name. So the trailer that was at 4199 Union Hill Rd and is in storage right now, doesn't appear to be owned by any Rhoden.

For rsd, remember when we were talking about RW and his wife and girlfriend? Well found out today on Scioto Co Court site that they RW and M divorced on Jan 29, 2014. The more I study this family the more people are intertwined with each other.

I noticed that mobile home ownership early on. I figured the house was there when the land was acquired and the title never got transferred. There used to be a yearly tax on mobile homes in Ohio. I wonder if that is still true and if it had been paid...

Didn't Dana and the kids live on the property with the "heart shaped pond" before she moved into the new place?

I noticed that mobile home ownership early on. I figured the house was there when the land was acquired and the title never got transferred. There used to be a yearly tax on mobile homes in Ohio. I wonder if that is still true and if it had been paid...

Didn't Dana and the kids live on the property with the "heart shaped pond" before she moved into the new place?

The mobile home is a 1972 Horizen worth 5900.00. Says it was bought by Weisels on 3-12-1998( but again she died in 1990) it says it has an unpaid delingquent real estate of 261.97. Is 4199 Union Hill Rd where the heart shaped pond is? Could this have been where HMR, Kendra and her bf went "fishing that day? I didn't notice any acreage listed with the mobile home.

Seems the most likely explanation. The mobile home couldn't have been worth a great deal of money and was probably sold along with the rest of the property. Since the victims are deceased, does it really matter whether someone is paying taxes on it? It's been in storage for nearly 2 years. Any delinquent taxes will be paid from the victims' estates once probate is settled.

BBM

Her father, (deceased 2014), is a brother to GRS, and I'm almost positive that you are correct, they all lived in that one trailer, til DR got the new one, one month, almost to the day, before they were murdered.

The two you speak of were married in '90 and, it shows they lived at 4199 UHR (FR's trailer), in the early years of their marriage. I'm also pretty sure it was his brother who was turned down, for the loss of wages, from the victim's fund (the brother is married to a R, and they had a child who passed in 2007). I know we've beat this poor horse before, but, now that they've done a new flyover update of Pike County, for the pva, it truly appears that FR's trailer wasn't on R land.

I saw that RW and his wife transferred property, on 4/21/14, solely to RW (not unusual since their divorce was final in Jan, 2014). The folks who bought it from RW, in 10/2016, still own the property. This is the same property that CR1 had registered as that Adams Health... I forgot the name. Odd that a lot of things with the case seem to center around April. Probably a fluke, but it's still odd.

“The Pike County Sheriff says he remains confident in the staff investigating the unsolved killings of eight family members nearly two years ago.

The anniversary of the April 22, 2016, slayings is Sunday. The case involves seven adults and a teenage boy from the Rhoden family who were found shot to death at four homes near Piketon in southern Ohio.

A newborn, another baby and a young child were left unharmed.

Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader on Tuesday expressed confidence in the investigative staff while announcing he would not make comments ahead of the anniversary.

Reader says he's based his decision on respect for the victims and their family and friends. He also says he doesn't want to compromise the investigation.

Speaking to reporters last year, Reader became visibly emotional while delivering a message to the killers.

"You came in like thieves in the night and took eight lives, some being children... in the most horrific way I have seen in my 20-plus years," Reader said. "We will find you and you will be prosecuted."

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation has yet to announce suspects or arrests tied to the killings.

Attorney General Mike DeWine said last year that investigators believe people still aren't being forthcoming with their information about the massacre, perhaps out of fear that their unrelated criminal activity could incriminate them”

http://radio.wosu.org/post/two-year...l-about-solving-pike-county-massacre#stream/0

BBM

Her father, (deceased 2014), is a brother to GRS, and I'm almost positive that you are correct, they all lived in that one trailer, til DR got the new one, one month, almost to the day, before they were murdered.

The two you speak of were married in '90 and, it shows they lived at 4199 UHR (FR's trailer), in the early years of their marriage. I'm also pretty sure it was his brother who was turned down, for the loss of wages, from the victim's fund (the brother is married to a R, and they had a child who passed in 2007). I know we've beat this poor horse before, but, now that they've done a new flyover update of Pike County, for the pva, it truly appears that FR's trailer wasn't on R land.

I saw that RW and his wife transferred property, on 4/21/14, solely to RW (not unusual since their divorce was final in Jan, 2014). The folks who bought it from RW, in 10/2016, still own the property. This is the same property that CR1 had registered as that Adams Health... I forgot the name. Odd that a lot of things with the case seem to center around April. Probably a fluke, but it's still odd.

I thought that mobile home wasn't on R property, also, but I was not sure....At the time I thought that couldn't be correct that neither the mobile home nor the land belonged to an R....

BBM

Another little tidbit I found was this Melissa Ann Weisel was the daughter of Ll**d Stone and the late Kath**ine Penwell Stone of Piketon Ohio. RW's ex-wife Mel**ssa M Penwell Waddell. Is everyone in Pike Co. related somehow?

I thought that mobile home wasn't on R property, also, but I was not sure....At the time I thought that couldn't be correct that neither the mobile home nor the land belonged to an R....

It was hard to tell for sure with the old records but in the new flyovers, you can clearly see where the trailers were located, and the lines are clear, unless the pva screwed up bad.

Another little tidbit I found was this Melissa Ann Weisel was the daughter of Ll**d Stone and the late Kath**ine Penwell Stone of Piketon Ohio. RW's ex-wife Mel**ssa M Penwell Waddell. Is everyone in Pike Co. related somehow?

BBM
Had not ran stumbled across that! Nice find! Small town... I'd seen KP, and had noted that the name was quite different than what we'd been seeing pop up. Interesting find, thanks for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl