OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard if the Rhoden friends/family/ community is planning any memorial service or candlelight vigil, etc? It would be great if they could and I would gladly donate to help with costs. Anyone up for a road trip to help out?

We really need to help them get this case back in the news media.

ETA: How about "Hands Across Union Hill Road"? We could get supporters to form a human chain from DR's home to 4077 to Left Fork Rd?

Get a busload of folks to the state capitol to demonstrate on the steps, with a press conference, signs, banners, etc.?

Justice for Rhoden/Gilley on FB asked people to stay home and light a candle.

I have no idea, we're just speculating here on the GOB network. But, yeah, when DeWine and Reader refer to illegal activities that have been going on for a couple of decades or so, they must be referring to something like that.

I wish we could get a retired DEA or FBI agent to drop in here and help us with some background info. Just give us a hint on our theories

:gathering:

Hot? :furious:

Cold? :coldcase:

Or really cold :floorlaugh:

We have a list of registered experts on here, lawyers, nurses, etc. But I didn't know if we were allowed to contact them if their not part of this forum.

We have a list of registered experts on here, lawyers, nurses, etc. But I didn't know if we were allowed to contact them if their not part of this forum.
I would think you could. If you know a name, invite them over. If not, spread the word. [emoji4]

I did exchange PMs with RK (PM me if you want his user name here) about this case a few months after it happened. He's WS verified retired LE. His opinion was that it was probably related to organized drug/MJ groups and that higher ups probably got upset and concerned and decided to set an example to keep everyone else in line. He said it could be in the region, elsewhere in the state, etc.

IIRC he said something got the big bosses riled, CR1 made someone angry, etc. He said it was also possibly related to the Chillicothe org crime activity and busts (ChiliLoco) back then or some similar group. He said it may have been to deal with a problem that had erupted when leaders were already under scrutiny by LE. They didn't want the problem/fighting (CR1 and others perhaps?) to get bigger and also to send a message to everyone else in the area, keep people in line or you will be next.

I could PM him again to see what he thinks now. He hasn't been around much in the last year or so, so not sure if he's busy.

I've also thought of asking for help on reading what little there is in the autopsy reports from some other WS verified experts, but was waiting for one of them to be freed up. A lot of us have been working on the Rebecca Zahau case for years and were really following that recently.

If any of you know of any other WS verified experts, esp in LE you would like to ask to give their opinion, please invite them!

I would think you could. If you know a name, invite them over. If not, spread the word. [emoji4]

Yes, do! It won't take long to fill them in on the details of the murders. There isn't much to reveal so far.

I have no idea, we're just speculating here on the GOB network. But, yeah, when DeWine and Reader refer to illegal activities that have been going on for a couple of decades or so, they must be referring to something like that.

I wish we could get a retired DEA or FBI agent to drop in here and help us with some background info. Just give us a hint on our theories

:gathering:

Hot? :furious:

Cold? :coldcase:

Or really cold :floorlaugh:

If only! Is there anybody...out there? :wave:

I did exchange PMs with RK (PM me if you want his user name here) about this case a few months after it happened. He's WS verified retired LE. His opinion was that it was probably related to organized drug/MJ groups and that higher ups probably got upset and concerned and decided to set an example to keep everyone else in line. He said it could be in the region, elsewhere in the state, etc.

IIRC he said something got the big bosses riled, CR1 made someone angry, etc. He said it was also possibly related to the Chillicothe org crime activity and busts (ChiliLoco) back then or some similar group. He said it may have been to deal with a problem that had erupted when leaders were already under scrutiny by LE. They didn't want the problem/fighting (CR1 and others perhaps?) to get bigger and also to send a message to everyone else in the area, keep people in line or you will be next.

I could PM him again to see what he thinks now. He hasn't been around much in the last year or so, so not sure if he's busy.

I've also thought of asking for help on reading what little there is in the autopsy reports from some other WS verified experts, but was waiting for one of them to be freed up. A lot of us have been working on the Rebecca Zahau case for years and were really following that recently.

If any of you know of any other WS verified experts, esp in LE you would like to ask to give their opinion, please invite them!

Are you referring to Ray Pate?

I sent a PM to the only coroner on the list, I guess I'll wait for a reply. The list is midway down on the first page of Websleuths if you want to use it.

Are you referring to Ray Pate?

No. It was someone else. When I mentioned his user ID and his opinion on another case, someone from WS kind of stalked him on Facebook trying to get him to change his opinion. He ended up changing his user ID and doesn't post much anymore.

Interesting what RK's opinion was. I'm in corrections, but my husband just retired last year after almost 30 years as a police officer. He's not on websleuths but I've told him the whole Rhoden story. He has the same opinion as RK. Some type of organized drug hit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Interesting what RK's opinion was. I'm in corrections, but my husband just retired last year after almost 30 years as a police officer. He's not on websleuths but I've told him the whole Rhoden story. He has the same opinion as RK. Some type of organized drug hit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for that information mamamumbles! Thanks to your husband, too. What does he think about the case going into 2 years now with no arrests, POI's and very little information from LE and the Ohio AG? TIA.

Yes, it seems very possible they were looking at becoming a legit MJ grow op if the Issue 3 referendum passed. That was the one that was defeated in Nov 2015, sponsored by a cartel of multi-millionaire investors. Efforts to get a "grassroots" referendum on the ballot were in the works when the Rhodens were killed. The "grassroots" MJ legalization group in Ohio was made up of small farmers who wanted others like them to be able to grow it legally.

CR & KR were very good at ag/farming, having learned it from their dad, Clarence. If you read the long Cincinnati.com article that Chris Graves wrote about the Rhoden family, Tony R talks of how the old man had a large garden and orchards to supplement their food in lean times. The old man worked out of town during the week, so the boys were expected to keep up the garden. I'm guessing CR1 and KR grew quality product. I read some article last year about the MJ trade that said Pike County had a decades-long reputation for producing high quality stuff.

Makes sense if they and other MJ grow ops in that area were positioning themselves for legalization. There were also some articles linked here in the past about how MJ legalization can lead to some turf wars between growers who aren't legal.

Interesting that Eury's grow op was busted right after the Rhoden murders. Apparently LE decided to crack down. I wonder which illegal growers down there are still operating? Would it have anything to do with some families moving out of state?

Hadsell stood to profit regardless of which type of reform bill was passed - cartel or local small farmers. The Ohio Leg quickly passed a bill after the Rhoden murders, though, that created a system of state approved cartels for the 3 production steps - growing, processing and retail distribution. Nearly all the license winners are from out of state, including one headed up by a guy in AZ who has public links to the Sinaloa cartel.

Product will still flow from Pike & surrounding counties for those customers without medical prescriptions. Wonder who will control that market? Is there someone who decides who gets busted and who doesn't.

BBM

Affirmative.

BBM

Affirmative.

I still wonder why the killers/bosses didn't realize the massive amount of attention this crime would generate.

Headlines around the world. Big mistake or big risk? What's the payoff for such a major hit? What did they stand to gain? Whatever the risk, they may have guessed the case would go cold. Surely PCSO, BCI and regional task forces know who is growing and selling down there now.

RSD1200 - Was Rhoden grow op temp controlled? Do you think they were growing indoors, but still according to the seasons? IIRC Eury's was a more sophisticated op, no? If W's had a grow op, where would it be? Or were W's just working the logistics end? So many questions. Note: I'm using a new mini laptop today and typing takes forever. Excuse typos pls.

I still wonder why the killers/bosses didn't realize the massive amount of attention this crime would generate.

Headlines around the world. Big mistake or big risk? What's the payoff for such a major hit? What did they stand to gain? Whatever the risk, they may have guessed the case would go cold. Surely PCSO, BCI and regional task forces know who is growing and selling down there now.

RSD1200 - Was Rhoden grow op temp controlled? Do you think they were growing indoors, but still according to the seasons? IIRC Eury's was a more sophisticated op, no? If W's had a grow op, where would it be? Or were W's just working the logistics end? So many questions. Note: I'm using a new mini laptop today and typing takes forever. Excuse typos pls.

There has been no proof of a grow operation anywhere. I think DeWine was sensationalizing things at first and exaggerated a lot. Reader didn't seem to agree on the size of the grow operations. With what has been released by LE, the sky is the limit on speculating what happened. The way this has been handled, will we be able to believe LE when they do come up with suspects?

The only proof that we have, that there even was a grow op, is the KR2 stated that she knew that they (she may have even been speaking only about her father), grew a little, but nothing like what was said by the AG. DS said he saw "a tray".

This is just purely guessing, but, I think they may have nurtured them inside, maybe with a couple grow lights, and then sexed them them before planting outdoor. Sexing can be done in about 4 -6 ish weeks or so after the plant sprouts. You want female plants, by that time, it would be time to plant outdoors (late April, early May).

They'd want the conditions of the indoor part (germinating the seeds) to probably be around the mid 70s, at least, and to mimic the outdoors light cycle too. So if they had grow lights and a couple drip lines, and they found some leavings of last fall's grow, outdoors, it depends on who is looking at it, as to how they see that. Yes, it would be a nice operation, but, the guy they busted, who had that huge one, under his garage, is what I call sophisticated.

I just don't see this as a huge operation. I could be very wrong though.

There has been no proof of a grow operation anywhere. I think DeWine was sensationalizing things at first and exaggerated a lot. Reader didn't seem to agree on the size of the grow operations. With what has been released by LE, the sky is the limit on speculating what happened. The way this has been handled, will we be able to believe LE when they do come up with suspects?

I'd like to at least seen a couple photos of them packing out trays, or of the setup. I'm sure that everyone knows someone who is doing something that's a bit above the law, but, for LE, and the AG, to say that someone was, but never show proof, to me, is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member