OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&amp]“I really believe they found evidence when they raided the farms (in Adams County) a year ago, and I think they’re putting pieces together because they want everything to fit before they charge anyone.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigators from the Ohio BCI last year searched two locations in Adams County as they focused the investigation on a former Peebles family of four who had ties to the Rhodens. George “Billy” Wagner III, Angela Wagner, Edward “Jake” Wagner, and George Wagner IV have been described as “persons of interest” in the case. Jake Wagner was the father of Hannah Rhoden’s three-year-old daughter.

BBM
If this is what the preacher who is close to the M family says I would if LM and family believe the W's were the killers? Can we now sleuth other members of the W family since this was in MSM?[/FONT]

It was the author of the article and not the preacher that said the Ws were "persons of interest". No LE has ever said that.

It was the author of the article and not the preacher that said the Ws were "persons of interest". No LE has ever said that.

Yes,that's right. Around the time of the searches on the Wagner properties, the news media began using that term. I think they asked DeWine, et al if they were POIs. That was when DeWine talked about "laser focus", which, IMO, is pretty much the same as saying they're POIs. Junk has reiterated that in the last couple of weeks, so it's safe to assume they've looked at a lot of other people over the last 2 years and the only ones they're now focused on are the W's.

Yes,that's right. Around the time of the searches on the Wagner properties, the news media began using that term. I think they asked DeWine, et al if they were POIs. That was when DeWine talked about "laser focus", which, IMO, is pretty much the same as saying they're POIs. Junk has reiterated that in the last couple of weeks, so it's safe to assume they've looked at a lot of other people over the last 2 years and the only ones they're now focused on are the W's.

Unfortunately, there’s no other definitions for “laser focus” besides this one online, but this does sum up what laser focus means and I believe the take away makes it pretty easy to interpret DeWine’s words.
d8d6a90f6d55cfb24da76510d2a0448d.jpg

Me too! There would have been some serious family discussions regarding that text message. He says something about he didn't know about the text because "he" was at work. A little confusing to me. I'm trying to decipher what that might mean if JM was at work when he sent a text to JW. Sort of like maybe he is trying to distance JM from the situation/location. He says JM and JW weren't really close, but then admits they had went to derbies together before.

Then the reporter asks him about the truck and LM says JM had only had it for 2 or 3 months before LE put the tracking device on it. They ask who JM got the truck from and LM won't tell us that either. I know he knows. He says "some friends." So frustrating!

As much as I feel for LM, he does seem to have a selective memory. Not uncommon. Especially since they are looking at his family. He has not only tossed out the custody theory. He's tossed out at least three other possibilities and have said that LE doesn't listen to him, and can't catch a cold (that last one made me chuckle a bit). I think that the deal with JM has caused him to dial it back, over the past year. He went from being very vocal, to nearly mute.

I would bet a dime to a donut that he knows where the truck came from and what that text consisted of, or at least the gist of it, anyway.

As much as I feel for LM, he does seem to have a selective memory. Not uncommon. Especially since they are looking at his family. He has not only tossed out the custody theory. He's tossed out at least three other possibilities and have said that LE doesn't listen to him, and can't catch a cold (that last one made me chuckle a bit). I think that the deal with JM has caused him to dial it back, over the past year. He went from being very vocal, to nearly mute.

I would bet a dime to a donut that he knows where the truck came from and what that text consisted of, or at least the gist of it, anyway.

I tend to think he has had a stroke which affects memory OR his kids keep him out of the details of their lives that they know would upset him. I could totally be wrong.

JMO, they were thinking then of moving to AK. They probably weren't mentioning it in the news media, though.

Agree, they'd been visiting there, and had contacts there. Especially AW and the husband. I read in one article that they'd been planning the move for several years. I'm not so sure that the sons were planning to go until after, because of having the home, but I think they had financial issues. They had the big trucks, the house payment, all those exotic animals to care for and feed, etc... I think they spent more than they made and had to give it all up.

It probably has been revealed to LM. Assume they've all been called before the GJ to give testimony and know these details.

Given the information Junk has discussed in the last week, all the family have been investigated, as we assumed. They've likely all spent a lot of time in front othe GJ, without their attorneys present and required to answer all questions. After the GJ testimony and 2 yrs of investigations, if LE and prosecutors thought Manleys were involved, they would have been arrested before now.

The only focus is on the W family. Maybe it's finally time to give the Manleys and surving Rhoden family members a break. Let's stop insinuating they're the killers. Please. TIA.

I don't think I have insinuated they are killers... I don't see anyone insinuating that. We are discussing what is in the news, and LM's statements to the press.

I tend to think he has had a stroke which affects memory OR his kids keep him out of the details of their lives that they know would upset him. I could totally be wrong.

I don't think it's a stroke. If you watch, when they ask him a pointed question, he will dodge around it. I think that he is upset, still grieving, and is a normally vocal person. I think he's been told by legal folks, lawyers, his family, etc... to stop talking to the press. His comments might be fodder for us, but they may not be so great for defense attorneys if he blurts out stuff he shouldn't, if he gets on a roll.

He also has a very thick accent. I can understand him, but, it's because I know folks with accents similar to him. Mine isn't as thick as his and folks have to ask me to repeat myself if I go much further north than Cinci.

I don't think it's a stroke. If you watch, when they ask him a pointed question, he will dodge around it. I think that he is upset, still grieving, and is a normally vocal person. I think he's been told by legal folks, lawyers, his family, etc... to stop talking to the press. His comments might be fodder for us, but they may not be so great for defense attorneys if he blurts out stuff he shouldn't, if he gets on a roll.

He also has a very thick accent. I can understand him, but, it's because I know folks with accents similar to him. Mine isn't as thick as his and folks have to ask me to repeat myself if I go much further north than Cinci.

I’m familiar with the accents and actually dated someone just outside Appalachia, after knowing him and his family close to 20 years. Although his family wasn’t technically in Appalachia, the culture was still prevalent in their area. This was about a little over an hour north of pike county. They actually always pointed out my accent because I guess I spoke differently. Anyways, outside of LM’s accent, I hear a slur. Especially when he says the word texts. It just makes me think of someone who’s had a stroke and can’t control saliva secretions in their mouth 100%, some type of brain injury or even alcoholism. Of course, maybe that’s just how he speaks-with a slight slur.

I’m familiar with the accents and actually dated someone just outside Appalachia, after knowing him and his family close to 20 years. Although his family wasn’t technically in Appalachia, the culture was still prevalent in their area. This was about a little over an hour north of pike county. They actually always pointed out my accent because I guess I spoke differently. Anyways, outside of LM’s accent, I hear a slur. Especially when he says the word texts. It just makes me think of someone who’s had a stroke and can’t control saliva secretions in their mouth 100%, some type of brain injury or even alcoholism. Of course, maybe that’s just how he speaks-with a slight slur.

I'm leaning toward a bit of a speech impediment, combined with his thick accent, too. Not that the man wouldn't have good reason to drink though, but,back in his day, they didn't do much with kids when they had speech impediments. One of my family had a speech impediment, as a child, and they never got speech class, it just wasn't offered back then, so, they retained the speech impediment, into adulthood. LM carries himself somewhat odd, sometimes, and I think that was from the injury he sustained working in timber. He's got a rod in his spine as a result. I read in one article that at around age 20, or so, that LM found his father, dead, after being injured cutting timber. He carried his father's body, almost a mile, out of the woods.

If posting their pictures, asking for info on any dealings with them or referring to your "laser focus" on

them doesn't constitute a de facto naming the W's as "POI" I don't know what would.

If posting their pictures, asking for info on any dealings with them or referring to your "laser focus" on

them doesn't constitute a de facto naming the W's as "POI" I don't know what would.

That may be the case but officially they have not been named "person(s) of interest" by LE. Being named a person of interest is a big statement. It even makes a difference on this website...

Agree. Many of us believe it, regardless of how the AG parses his language. You work with the AG you have, not the AG you wish for, etc.

Which again brings me all the way back to WHY weren’t the W’s looked at with a microscope in the first hours and days? Waiting over a year to search property is just complete ignorance & poor investigating...which then brings up many more WHY’s. JMHO.

I would think with all the past arrests (AW.BW) or whatever trouble they have gotten into with IRS maybe (the place they lived at was in their son's names) and with a rich family backing you, that this family would have lawyers on speed dial. IMO, that's why they had to wait until the Wagners sold their place in order to get warrants to search their properties. They did get in touch with the new owners and the guy who owned the car lot they searched.

If so, he's probably revealed that information to the GJ. It's a safe bet that all the Manleys have testified in the GJ convened after JM's charges were dropped (without attorneys present and required to answer all questions). No charges have been filed against them and laser focus is still on the W family, so it's probably safe to assume LM was not involved in killing his daughter and grandkids.

Somehow I think that even if the W's or whomever confessed, some folks would still blame the Manleys. It's kind of sad how years of unfounded rumors on the internet can sway people's opinions and harm the reputations of innocent, grieving people. Anyone ever wonder if the real killers are the ones who post false information on unmoderated online forums as a way to distract people?

We don't know that they weren't. I just so happened to stumble across that BBL has been searched too. Never heard it in the news. All of the search warrants were sealed. Gag orders in place. We've not heard a word about any of the folks' interviews, who they've interviewed, or looked at, thus far.

I stumbled upon that to, and that they took a bulldozer or some kind of heavy equipment.

Pike County: 'That's all we've got left. Just those kids.'

Old article from June 6, 2016, but it has some details of CG and HMR's romance:

CG and HR had stopped seeing each other for about a month when she discovered she was pregnant using a store-bought test in the bathroom stall of a Wal-Mart.

He had wildly mixed emotions at the thought of being a father back then.

"It was scary. I was nervous,'' he said.

Hanna Rhoden and he "went our separate ways but I told her I'd be there for her."

He saw her occasionally, her belly growing bigger each time. In late September or early October, she sent him an ultrasound image of K as a fetus.

That image remains his Facebook cover photo.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...s-all-weve-got-left-just-those-kids/85231530/

And here is what the W's were saying in April of 2016:

At this point in time, it sounds like the W's were planning on hanging around for a while. At least no mention of Alaska in this article from June 2016.

I always like that quote:"I'm not going to take her"

In my previous post I mentioned HR* had a relationship with someone that was showing signs of excessive substance abuse (& perhaps that is who JW was so vehemently opposed to) referenced in my notes from very early on. I have tried several of my links but they are broken.

Since that is the case. I will only ask that you take this information as a consideration & please note that this from JW was from very early on.

* Changed 'HG' to 'HR' Eagle eyed rsd1200 caught my oops indeed I meant HR not HG.
:cow:

The way I understand it is, CH was her boyfriend at the time she gave birth and wanted to "father" the child. She was already pregnant when she and CH began dating?

We don't know that they weren't. I just so happened to stumble across that BBL has been searched too. Never heard it in the news. All of the search warrants were sealed. Gag orders in place. We've not heard a word about any of the folks' interviews, who they've interviewed, or looked at, thus far.

Do you have a link for that? Interesting, but not at all surprising. I would have hoped they checked out some of the people who live there.

Me too! There would have been some serious family discussions regarding that text message. He says something about he didn't know about the text because "he" was at work. A little confusing to me. I'm trying to decipher what that might mean if JM was at work when he sent a text to JW. Sort of like maybe he is trying to distance JM from the situation/location. He says JM and JW weren't really close, but then admits they had went to derbies together before.

Then the reporter asks him about the truck and LM says JM had only had it for 2 or 3 months before LE put the tracking device on it. They ask who JM got the truck from and LM won't tell us that either. I know he knows. He says "some friends." So frustrating!

Every since the raid at the Wagners and the W's became suspicous to the public/media , it seems to me that the Manley's and Wagner's are taking turns pointing this investigation toward each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18