UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, it's not a stretch to deduce that a judge wouldn't have approved placing a GPS tracker on JM's truck (and JW's truck as well) if the truck had been used for some other murder. It seems unlikely that JM was suspected by LE of being involved in two murders. If you check the crime stats for Pike County, there hadn't been many murders there prior to 2016.

Absent a link between the red truck and the Rhoden murders, there was no cause to place the GPS tracker. It was already a stretch for LE to name the red truck as key evidence when JM didn't own it when it was allegedly used for the murders. If LE had other cause to suspect JM, they didn't mention it to the judge.

I'm still wondering how LE pulled it off when they got a judge to approve that GPS considering the current owner did not own it when the Rhoden murders occurred...

I'm still wondering how LE pulled it off when they got a judge to approve that GPS considering the current owner did not own it when the Rhoden murders occurred...

I've wanted to know that too. To me, it pushed the envelope almost over the edge, but, here again, we just don't know what info they have for justification. One day, we might, I hope.

For those who think there's an absolute need for DeWine and LE to keep punishing the surviving relatives of the Rhoden family victims, can you explain why the family who has been under "laser focus" has not been punished in any way? DeWine & LE have not thrown up any roadblocks available to them to put pressure on the "laser focus family". No pressure. Their properties were not searched prior to them leaving for AK. No restrictions have been put on their movements. Not a single member of the family has been called in for questioning.

How do you investigate your prime "laser focus" in a heinous murder investigation if you never question them and wait until they leave the state to search their properties and possessions they left behind? How do DeWine, Junk and the local courts allow the "laser focus" family to gain full legal custody of HR's young daughter, when the father is the focus of the investigation into the murder of her mother and family? Custody has been denied parents based on far less evidence than DeWine, Junk and the courts had available.

I don’t like the way this has been handled. But I know for a fact the Wagner’s were sesrch 3times. . One in a state bordering on Ohio. Once again at Canadian border And also at the entry to Alaska.

I have attempted to weave in my theory the employment history that the two Wagner brothers worked as over the road truck drivers!

If any one on the thread can connect any dots on the truck driving angle. Wow :cool: that would be awesome,

The guns and ammunition used in the Rhoden assassination could be hardware that was only circulated and handled (modified?)by select members of the family or the 'brotherhood'. (I use that term for lack of a better 'word')

The ATF Violent Weapons Division(My Theory Only) are desperately attempting to find the backdoor then follow the electronic /hardware trail of the 'who/where' the stash is/was kept.

I believe as RAISINISBACK wrote that the family or 'brotherhood' are the only parties to be keepers of the whereabouts of the weapons stash.

The Rhoden Family are victims and have suffered so much I am desperately hoping everyday for an indictment of the perpetrators.

My Theory # 9008 & I reserve the right to change it.:oops:

My Opinion Only

I agree mostly with your theory with the exception of a very few details.

The one detail I might add is only a possibility. That KR May have been involved and was the first to have been killed. There is something about the single execution shot that’s just so different than the others. And access the I the other crime scenes.

I’m just not certain. But the remainder of your theory I do very much agree.

Yes, it's interesting. A named suspect, but no charges filed. No news on the results of VRT's other testing (toxicology, DNA, etc.). Have they sent the case to the Pike County Grand Jury yet or are they just going to let it sit with no charges filed? Total silence on that case, which is unusual considering the history of the suspect.
Well, the last I knew, JK took a 3 year plea on drug charges and is sitting in jail in another county where he isn’t an informant. So, I’m just taking a guess and am gonna say he will see the grand jury sometime between now and 3 years from now and we (the public) will never hear another word about it. It’s looking like we will never know if VRT died by suicide or murder either.

On another note, it’s very interesting that AW’s father’s obituary notes that he was involved in used car sales (paraphrasing). He passed away in November 2017. The W’s were back in the area atleast in May 2017. Their current residence which is Pug’s home, was searched in August 2018.

Could that be the business connection between BW & CRsr? Used cars? Maybe CRsr was working for AW’s father. Locals have a lot to say about Pug. From my understanding and only my opinion, Mr. Carter didn’t just deal in vehicles. This is only speculation, but I do think it’s worth taking a look at.

JMO, it's not a stretch to deduce that a judge wouldn't have approved placing a GPS tracker on JM's truck (and JW's truck as well) if the truck had been used for some other murder. It seems unlikely that JM was suspected by LE of being involved in two murders. If you check the crime stats for Pike County, there hadn't been many murders there prior to 2016.

Absent a link between the red truck and the Rhoden murders, there was no cause to place the GPS tracker. It was already a stretch for LE to name the red truck as key evidence when JM didn't own it when it was allegedly used for the murders. If LE had other cause to suspect JM, they didn't mention it to the judge.

BBM

Wait. There was a tracker placed on JW's truck?

There was the Newsome, and the C/B murders just to name a few we know about. Then there was the guy who disappeared and his truck was found close to the R crime scene. I can't remember the others right now.

The truck in question could have been used in a murder somewhere other than Pike County also. Even another state. It didn't say on the warrant what murder it was used in.

LE is not stupid. That truck could have been involved in a hit and run ten years earlier and LE put that tracker on it knowing JM would likely find it and destroy it so they could charge him with a crime and get leverage on him for questioning.

IMO they have been focused on JM from day one. They saw something in his truck that first day they were suspicious of and towed it. Maybe his story didn't add up about finding DR. We don't know what family, friends, neighbors questioned by LE have told them about JM or his relationship with DR, JW or CR1. But for them to stop in the middle of the biggest crime scene in Ohio history to tow a truck for no tag sounds fishy to me.

I agree mostly with your theory with the exception of a very few details.

The one detail I might add is only a possibility. That KR May have been involved and was the first to have been killed. There is something about the single execution shot that’s just so different than the others. And access the I the other crime scenes.

I’m just not certain. But the remainder of your theory I do very much agree.

I agree, too, with Mizstery that there may be some link to the employment of the W brothers and the reason behind these murders. I meant to respond to your theory Mizstery and forgot. We've discussed this theory ever so briefly here in the past, mostly after the searches of W property last summer. Since JW had enough history to be considered a suspect early after the murders, why didn't LE search these trucks back then? Why wait a year? Did someone supervising the investigation ask "why haven't you searched this stuff yet?" It's always been in the back of my mind that the trucking biz was related to some form of drug trafficking and/or money laundering.

As for KR, there's a reason why LE has worked so hard to keep the TODs from the public. I've gone back and forth, but tend to think they wanted to create suspicion that KR was involved in the Rhoden family deaths. Same with throwing shade on JM early on. Like trying to say Violet Rhoden Taylor committed suicide, they want to cast suspicion within the family circle and away from any outsider involvement. JMO, it's a way to contain suspicion within a small circle of people and dispel the idea that there's a group of corrupt people out in the community exacting revenge against victims who may be a threat. In all ways, LE tries to make it seem the victims are bad people who were responsible for their own deaths.

Sorry if this is disjointed but I'm in a rush to get somewhere.

Well, the last I knew, JK took a 3 year plea on drug charges and is sitting in jail in another county where he isn’t an informant. So, I’m just taking a guess and am gonna say he will see the grand jury sometime between now and 3 years from now and we (the public) will never hear another word about it. It’s looking like we will never know if VRT died by suicide or murder either.

On another note, it’s very interesting that AW’s father’s obituary notes that he was involved in used car sales (paraphrasing). He passed away in November 2017. The W’s were back in the area atleast in May 2017. Their current residence which is Pug’s home, was searched in August 2018.

Could that be the business connection between BW & CRsr? Used cars? Maybe CRsr was working for AW’s father. Locals have a lot to say about Pug. From my understanding and only my opinion, Mr. Carter didn’t just deal in vehicles. This is only speculation, but I do think it’s worth taking a look at.

Excellent observations, Mitten. The court's handling of JK is very similar to Dolla Bill. Lock them up on some lesser charge not related to the murders they're likely involved in to take them "off the radar". It's a pattern, possibly designed to take the focus off these criminals troubling involvement in undercover LE activity. AW's father's background is also interesting.

I don’t like the way this has been handled. But I know for a fact the Wagner’s were sesrch 3times. . One in a state bordering on Ohio. Once again at Canadian border And also at the entry to Alaska.

I could be wrong, but my initial impression of those searches was that other LE from outside Ohio have questions about this case and the suspects and decided to check out the W family for themselves. Of course, the W's had ample opportunity and a full year to get rid of anything that could possibly link them to the crimes. But it was very interesting how other investigators pounced on them the minute they left Ohio.

Maybe these investigators (FBI? DEA? DHS?) weren't privy to much, if any, of the interrogation information the W's had revealed to Ohio investigators and had questions of their own. Wonder how they knew when the W's were leaving and where they were heading? IIRC, the information about their departure and destination didn't hit the news media until a day or so after they left, when BCI and PCSO executed their much-delayed search of the W property and trucks.

Excellent observations, Mitten. The court's handling of JK is very similar to Dolla Bill. Lock them up on some lesser charge not related to the murders they're likely involved in to take them "off the radar". It's a pattern, possibly designed to take the focus off these criminals troubling involvement in undercover LE activity. AW's father's background is also interesting.
I’ve yet to verify, but I’ve seen where pug got in trouble years ago for title forgery. So until I can look and produce a link, that’s JMO.

Also, Im not able to edit my post but it should have said the W’s were back in the area in May 2018.

Any word on his cause of death? For those getting up to speed, McJunkin was arrested with Josh Rhoden on drug charges in 2017 based on evidence seized during the Rhoden murder investigation. OAG said their case was unrelated to the Rhoden murders.

Pike County murder investigation leads to drug arrests

Re the W's being back in the area in May 2018, is that just rumor or has it been verified? Just curious.

Any word on his cause of death? For those getting up to speed, McJunkin was arrested with Josh Rhoden on drug charges in 2017 based on evidence seized during the Rhoden murder investigation. OAG said their case was unrelated to the Rhoden murders.

Re the W's being back in the area in May 2018, is that just rumor or has it been verified? Just curious.
Only what can be found on various social media accounts. There was a created by his granddaughter as well. No official word or statements from LE.

I find it disturbing this happened a little over a day after the searches at the W’s. There’s too many coincidences across the board everywhere in this case. I suppose this is just gonna be one more.

AW’s voter registration was updated in May 2018 to reflect the S Webster address.

AW’s voter registration was updated in May 2018 to reflect the S Webster address.

Is AW engaging in a little voter fraud? If her residence of record is in AK, why is she voting in Ohio? Wonder why she feels that voting in Ohio is so important?

I just checked Husted's web site, but it doesn't give a date for her voter registration at that address. Is that info at the county level?

ETA: I just checked the database at Scioto County BOE. It shows she's registered there but has no voter history.

Is AW engaging in a little voter fraud? If her residence of record is in AK, why is she voting in Ohio? Wonder why she feels that voting in Ohio is so important?

I just checked Husted's web site, but it doesn't give a date for her voter registration at that address. Is that info at the county level?

ETA: I just checked the database at Scioto County BOE. It shows she's registered there but has no voter history.
My Voter Information - Voter Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member