OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy,left eye still bandaged but heck if I say something wrong just remember! I will use my 'Oops,get out of jail free card.:rolleyes:

Dudley all I can say is WOW. I want to think about that!
One of the camera(s) taken was easy to see. One was under the roof of the porch. One, said to be in a birdhouse was not taken.

Right On
Possibly the W's have a tie in to this, yes. For one, people regularly buy, sell, or trade guns. The Wags like guns and hunting and maybe one of the weapons used was sold by them. s.

Knukles as you point out initially when news broke 'indeed' there were the few (and every region has them);of the obvious look guilty iffy,needy,chronically addicted to scamming /borderline desperate sad sacks whose lives could be lifted from from the gritty film noir movie 'Usual Suspects'.

But then logically if you read on you find there is a common denominator that connects each & every individual to a local opportunists that feeds off the locals vulnerabilities. In the film 'The Usuals Suspects'.It's all explained very simply by Klint (Kevin Stacy) in the last moments of the film. Breezy as can be Klint says the demonic criminal that orchestrated the opening shot of a bloody mass murder brilliantly convinced everyone he doesn't exist.Then as Klint leaves his parting shot to the baffled interrogator is 'then poof the devil disappears'.

If you believe all these locals decided to take back their local economy by creating a network of LLC co-ops similar to Scioto Valley o_Othen stop reading now. Let's just say they were successful beyond their wildest reams. How or where could they launder all that money coming in? Do you not think that their success wouldn't make someone higher up the food chain very unhappy?

What I'm suggesting is Boss Hog.Someone who was a puppeteer. The crime organization that could have initiated chaos within the local rivalries & eliminate the weak link.

This investigation is too outlandish to be anything other than a smoke screen and it's the Fed's who control the damper.

know im new here but jmo its not this hard if we all would go back to day one hour one and think of the (people) capable of doing such a crime. This is what ive thought from the start before the cartel the child custody the demolition derby fights the crjr road rage used cars being stolen bbl bs opioids stolen 18wheeler loaded with king tuts tumb and artifacs stolen money stolen drugs yes i missed a dozen or so i know but it comes down to day one hour one.

Agree with you. The OAG office and BCI immediately did get involved. As amauet1 has posted there has been a ATF task force on the ground in that area. Lots of arrests before and since the nightmare execution of the Rhoden Family -very hush hush -on the Fed's part.
The fact that the OAG office and BCI jumped in and took over the case within the first hour or so after the 911 call hints to me that there was already something going on, so

rsd1200 if the Boss Hog theory wasn't so straightforward;I could see a plot similar to In Cold Blood.
I smiled when you posted 'then' 'else' 'or'
Because gosh a few years back I was a Fortran Programmer.
can see this scenario. I've wondered about at times, if it were something similar to what happened to the Clutter Family, in "In Cold Blood".

Just My Opinion

Hi Miz! Glad your surgery went well! :) I have so many theories I can't even list them all. Some are just shy of absurdity, but I've not heard of anything like these murders, in my lifetime, this close to home. It could even be someone from my hometown, who knows? They could get up there by midnight, do this, clean up, drive like a saint, and be back home by lunch. I'm almost positive one of the R's relatives, got arrested not far from where some of my kin lives. I tend to think that one, or all, of the R men, messed up, big time, and the killers just couldn't, or wouldn't, let it pass.

I don't think there is a big cover-up conspiracy, unless the blackout is being done to cover a ci or an undercover agent(s), and/or they do not want the assailants to know what they do have on them. I may be wrong.

I can see why the AG or BCI would be onsite that morning. The departments that were called, locally, are fairly small and don't likely have the technology that BCI would have. In other words, they knew they were out of their depth, when they walked into those trailers. This was a mass killing of eight people. Had it been a family of eight, in one location, I'd have expected them to call in assistance from the state, let alone the bodies being scattered across four locations.

It takes either a deep hatred, and/or a total lack of conscience , to be able to put a gun to a person's head, or under their chin, and pull the trigger once, let alone multiple times. Young mothers sleeping by their babies, and a 16 y.o. boy. Just cold. But someone murdered a pregnant BStykes. Their daughter survived after surgeries. LE should be returning her vehicle to her husband, today (after five years). BCI will be keeping her laptop, and the car seat, for now.

Stykes vehicle to be returned | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

From 2015; The search was performed in Kentucky, not far from Elsmere, Ky. , nor from where BStykes was found, 2-3 hours from Piketon, and the Newsomes. Not saying it was this guy, but, I could see it being someone like they describe in the Bstyks case, who may be known, in certain circles, to do this type of work.
Documents allege contract hitman killed Brittany Stykes | Ledger Independent – Maysville Online

Howdy,left eye still bandaged but heck if I say something wrong just remember! I will use my 'Oops,get out of jail free card.:rolleyes:

Dudley all I can say is WOW. I want to think about that!

Right On

Knukles as you point out initially when news broke 'indeed' there were the few (and every region has them);of the obvious look guilty iffy,needy,chronically addicted to scamming /borderline desperate sad sacks whose lives could be lifted from from the gritty film noir movie 'Usual Suspects'.

But then logically if you read on you find there is a common denominator that connects each & every individual to a local opportunists that feeds off the locals vulnerabilities. In the film 'The Usuals Suspects'.It's all explained very simply by Klint (Kevin Stacy) in the last moments of the film. Breezy as can be Klint says the demonic criminal that orchestrated the opening shot of a bloody mass murder brilliantly convinced everyone he doesn't exist.Then as Klint leaves his parting shot to the baffled interrogator is 'then poof the devil disappears'.

If you believe all these locals decided to take back their local economy by creating a network of LLC co-ops similar to Scioto Valley o_Othen stop reading now. Let's just say they were successful beyond their wildest reams. How or where could they launder all that money coming in? Do you not think that their success wouldn't make someone higher up the food chain very unhappy?

What I'm suggesting is Boss Hog.Someone who was a puppeteer. The crime organization that could have initiated chaos within the local rivalries & eliminate the weak link.

This investigation is too outlandish to be anything other than a smoke screen and it's the Fed's who control the damper.

Agree with you. The OAG office and BCI immediately did get involved. As amauet1 has posted there has been a ATF task force on the ground in that area. Lots of arrests before and since the nightmare execution of the Rhoden Family -very hush hush -on the Fed's part.

rsd1200 if the Boss Hog theory wasn't so straightforward;I could see a plot similar to In Cold Blood.
I smiled when you posted 'then' 'else' 'or'
Because gosh a few years back I was a Fortran Programmer.

Just My Opinion
High. Its knuckles but i digress. After reading your post of a "boss hog" and refrencing two movies that i just dont see any real world connections to this crime a movie writers version of crime scenes in movies is just that a writers version anyway all that has nothing to do with actual events it may reference others for dramatization (its a movie). Crsr was making money by selling weed buying selling cars he worked a job this brings attention its a matter of time what comes first le at 3am or some at 3am its going to happen period. im sure crsr had a few crops come in its not to hard to make a connection to sell but i assure you all it takes is one lazy to get a couple of other to go along and rob. I dont think its a big le coverup i think these guys were so sloppy that le went right to them and have been gathering since be it info product from bust people ect read all the headlines. But if you have solid info that the r's were into h or (heavy) amounts of opiods or c then yes i agree a boss hog would not want anyone taking food off his table but we have no proof of this? none any? we know the facts he had weed did cars a job this is not taking a piece its hustling. Jmo crsr grew some weed made some money but not much but enough to raise some eybrows (no pun intended) and a couple thought or heard it was alot more which it could have been? and decided and planned to steal it. When any local knows for a fact this man has three grow ops then guess what he is a target it tells them we are talking 10's of thousands of dollars not hundreds thats not chump change. Crsr building a big garage buying d a nice place cars ect. people get killed for 20 dollars by strangers and people get killed over thousands of dollars by so called friends and yes even family. It happens everyday and its happening right now and its not a movie its a fact. Thanks

High. I have a riddle well its a observation while talking with my (buddys) i asked this question if you guys can put me in any city or town in any state of your choosing do you think its would be possible for me to find who sells drugs? i made it clear not not the smidgets but the biggest and three grown men said yes i could they also agreed they could. So i know people in that area knew about crsr business and knew what he was doing and growing and buying and spending and if le didnt they were the only ones who didnt. they knew. Thats all. Thanks

This is interesting. Overdose deaths in Pike County are very low. Maybe lower than the homicide rate....

That's interesting Dudly.
Hamilton, Butler, and Montgomery, show 444, 260, and 521, respectively.

In Kentucky;
Kenton, Boone, and Campbell counties, had death rates for 2014-16 of 275, 131, and 160 respectively. They butt up against Hamilton County (Cinci).

Also Kentucky;
Jefferson: 725
Fayette: 308

It looks as if it's more-so Heroin/Fent in these areas, and possibly Meth in some of the other areas plagued by drug use. Not that meth can't kill you, but if you don't speedball with it, it's less, imo, dangerous than Heroin and Fent, but it's still highly addictive, and you'll look like death warmed over after on it for awhile.

Of course there's a population difference to take into account, but, there is a leaning toward meth, in some regions, while others lean toward Heroin. Large area of counties in MI, that go up the thumb, that has high overdose rates, 100+ each, over 2012-2014,

Rankings

Last edited:

ADAMS HEALTH SOLUTIONS, LLC :: OpenCorporates

Christopher Rhoden is the officer and Address is UHR

This is just my theory and please feel free to disagree.

Is there anyone reading that believes the Rhoden Family were in Adams Health selling vitamins? It is not a conspiracy to acknowledge a major local employer owns a campground and one of its owners has interest in both Adams and Scioto Valley LLC's.

Also DR was fearful and desperate when she asked for prayer to protect her and her family from the evil ones. I believe DR did much of the online business for Scioto Valley LLC. The Rhoden's had multi business dealings going back many years with these wealthy businessmen,one was on the board of bank,also owned car lots,bought distressed properties,politically and judicially connected. Perhaps she was instructed to do something illegal and was worried. I think DR and most of the locals were rightfully afraid of igniting the campground bosses wrath.I know I would be.

Just My Opinion

Last edited:
High. I have a riddle well its a observation while talking with my (buddys) i asked this question if you guys can put me in any city or town in any state of your choosing do you think its would be possible for me to find who sells drugs? i made it clear not not the smidgets but the biggest and three grown men said yes i could they also agreed they could. So i know people in that area knew about crsr business and knew what he was doing and growing and buying and spending and if le didnt they were the only ones who didnt. they knew. Thats all

Self delete. Mods can handle it.

This is just my theory and please feel free to disagree.

Is there anyone reading that believes the Rhoden Family were in Adams Health selling vitamins? It is not a conspiracy to acknowledge a major local employer owns a campground and one of its owners has interest in both Adams and Scioto Valley LLC's.

Also DR was fearful and desperate when she asked for prayer to protect her and her family from the evil ones. I believe DR did much of the online business for Scioto Valley LLC. The Rhoden's had multi business dealings going back many years with these wealthy businessmen,one was on the board of bank,also owned car lots,bought distressed properties,politically and judicially connected. Perhaps she was instructed to do something illegal and was worried. I think DR and most of the locals were rightfully afraid of igniting the campground bosses wrath.I know I would be.

Just My Opinion
Good theory! Were you still looking at any connections with AW’a deceased father? Hope you’re feeling well, Miz!

Thanks for your good words!
Good theory! Were you still looking at any connections with AW’a deceased father? Hope you’re feeling well, Miz!

Mitten's Post from thread 33:
MittenScarpetta; said:
It's very interesting that AW’s father’s obituary notes that he was involved in used car sales (paraphrasing). He passed away in November 2017. Could that be the business connection between BW & CRsr? Used cars? Maybe CRsr was working for AW’s father.

OH WOW your post got me on a East Tennessee quest. If the late Mr Carter was in the auto business. There has been mention that AW and the Carter's could have relatives in Northeast TN?

I am interested because of the hush hush raid at 11 E Auto Sales and if there is any. possible LLC local ties. Still nothing published in the Greensville Sun of the whereabouts of the 11E car lot owner.Poof he has disappeared.

In addition there was a local by the name of KC Cheatham that moved from the general area of Piketon, Ohio to Tennessee. I read about him when I was looking into the 11 E Auto Sales raid.He was murdered in East TN in 2017. I am still trying to find if there is anything relevant there.

So I keep crocheting just hoping I create a viable clue from my pile of notes.

34 threads and I'm not giving up! Ever!

My Opinion Only

This is interesting. Overdose deaths in Pike County are very low. Maybe lower than the homicide rate....

Thanks, Dudly. I think this is raw data, so we need to see what the numbers are in, say deaths per 100,000 persons. That's the epidemiological calculation most commonly used. Ohio Dept of Health probably has that data, but may or may not make it public. They're a quirky agency. Scioto and Ross have larger raw numbers because they have good-sized cities (Chillicothe & Portsmouth) within their borders.

I've posted these links before and the material is dense and dry, but JMO they provide a good overview of the crime, drug trafficking, gangs etc. in the area. The Annual DEA Assessment covers all the US, but also breaks down info on a state by state basis.

2017 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment (PDF)

2017 National Drug Threat Assessment

2016 DEA National Drug Threat Assessment

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/DIR-001-17_2016_NDTA_Summary.pdf

Link to ATF web site, with news of busts made for gun trafficking, etc.

Data & Statistics | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

FBI Gang Reports

Gang Reports — FBI

In the above report, I found this to be interesting. One of the common businesses that OMG's (Outlaw motorcycle gangs) engage in is trucking and transportation. Key findings of the latest report begin on page 11

National Gang Report 2015 — FBI

These reports can be very helpful as they explain
  • all the different types of gangs and how they operate
  • how and where gangs/cartels, etc. transport drugs
  • types of legitimate front businesses different DTO's are involved in
  • what's happening in states and local areas, including southern & SE Ohio
When developing theories, etc., it helps to narrow down some choices. As an exaggerated example, the info might help you rule out clown and magician rentals for childrens parties as a possible front for money launder. JK, you get what I mean.

As you all know, it's not just what businesses CR1 and others were engaged in, but what legal and illegal businesses and networks their killers are part of.

Last edited:
Here is the full article talking about the stats from Dudly's post. It spoke to, what I see, as them trying to fight a losing battle, and how they needed to proceed.

County coroners logged 804 more fatal overdoses in 2017 than the 4,050 reported the previous year.
Powerful and deadly fentanyl continued to fuel Ohio’s raging drug epidemic. The synthetic opioid accounted for nearly three-fourths of deaths, killing 3,431 people in 2017, 46 percent more than in the previous year.

Those on the front lines say that despite an increase in the number of addicts getting treatment, the death toll is rising because fentanyl is being mixed not only with heroin but also with a variety of other illegal drugs.

“Drug dealers are flooding communities with different drugs to see what takes. They are very smart businesspeople,” said Lori Criss, CEO of the Ohio Council of Behavioral Health & Family Services Providers. She and others liken combating the drug crisis to a game of Whac-A-Mole as targets keep shifting.

“This is a marathon,” Criss said. “There will be no quick fix.”

Hardest hit last year was Dayton’s Montgomery County, where drug deaths skyrocketed 63 percent to 521— 201 more than in 2016.

That’s 98 deaths for every 100,000 residents, the highest rate in the state.

Ohio overdose deaths set record - The Columbus Dispatch, 9/23/2018

Thanks for your good words!

Mitten's Post from thread 33:

OH WOW your post got me on a East Tennessee quest. If the late Mr Carter was in the auto business. There has been mention that AW and the Carter's could have relatives in Northeast TN?

I am interested because of the hush hush raid at 11 E Auto Sales and if there is any. possible LLC local ties. Still nothing published in the Greensville Sun of the whereabouts of the 11E car lot owner.Poof he has disappeared.

In addition there was a local by the name of KC Cheatham that moved from the general area of Piketon, Ohio to Tennessee. I read about him when I was looking into the 11 E Auto Sales raid.He was murdered in East TN in 2017. I am still trying to find if there is anything relevant there.

So I keep crocheting just hoping I create a viable clue from my pile of notes.

34 threads and I'm not giving up! Ever!

My Opinion Only
Yes, his obituary states he “enjoyed driving his truck and trading cars”. I’ve read mention of him being in some sort of trouble many years ago over something to do with titles. I can’t quote that as fact and have yet to find anything to substantiate anything regarding titles, so take that for what it’s worth at the moment. I also haven’t dug that far either. I’ve attached his obituary as it is now archived by the funeral home. I’ve also heard mention of the family ties to TN, but again I’ve not done any research into that.

ETA-looks like AW has an uncle in Sevierville, TN, according to the Nov 2017 obituary.

O/T but I just read that a UPS facility in TN had 400 guns stolen today o_O

Attachments

• 6CC25740-6861-4007-BEDD-E41137060B38.jpeg
    6CC25740-6861-4007-BEDD-E41137060B38.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 33
I find it sad but interesting that Cjr went to the campground looking for a little bit of work for pay to try and prepare his car for the upcoming derby... I believe that was what he told friends on FB; he was desperate for money to finish his entry car. Could he actually have gone there to try and obtain fronting of salable "items?" That might yield a lot more cash than a little work around the place. Maybe certain adults at the campground were incensed that he was even aware of certain salable "items." At any rate... he received nothing from them that day... not work or anything else. I don't believe Cjr's possible knowledge would condemn the whole family but it sure might be ONE MORE threat to add to the pile of "threats" that had to be eliminated by certain people towards the family. In that way, maybe BR's finishing and entering Cjr's car in the derby served two purposes, after all. One known "in honor of Cjr" and one unknowingly "so there." Obviously, this is just speculation.

Last edited:
Here is the full article talking about the stats from Dudly's post. It spoke to, what I see, as them trying to fight a losing battle, and how they needed to proceed.

Ohio overdose deaths set record - The Columbus Dispatch, 9/23/2018

Oh, yes. It's most definitely a crisis across the state. It's a nightmare. Lots of public debate this election season on how to best deal with the problem. It appears the state is losing this battle for now, but hopefully it will turn around.

The opiod crisis began many years ago and cycled through the urban areas of Ohio. Leaders sort of wrote it off as something all those violent criminals, prostitutes and "lowlifes" do in the big city (definitely not my opinion, just repeating what I heard). They were pretty much unprepared when it moved into those God-fearing, all American suburbs and rural areas.

The spread into the rural areas and small towns coincided with a massive shift of hundreds of thousands of jobs from those Ohio towns to overseas countries. There were no new jobs to replace them. High unemployment, economic collapse, budget cuts to small towns and counties.

A lot of mistakes were made and continue to be made. I wish I could help these people and communities, the solutions are out there. It's going to involve a different approach. But these people and their leaders will have to come to that realization on their own. They're not listening to those offering advice, so...

Yes, his obituary states he “enjoyed driving his truck and trading cars”. I’ve read mention of him being in some sort of trouble many years ago over something to do with titles. I can’t quote that as fact and have yet to find anything to substantiate anything regarding titles, so take that for what it’s worth at the moment. I also haven’t dug that far either. I’ve attached his obituary as it is now archived by the funeral home. I’ve also heard mention of the family ties to TN, but again I’ve not done any research into that.

ETA-looks like AW has an uncle in Sevierville, TN, according to the Nov 2017 obituary.

O/T but I just read that a UPS facility in TN had 400 guns stolen today o_O

:eek:

That's why I included the ATF link above. They don't have as much detail as the DEA reports, but their press releases and some firearms data are helpful. Worth following. I'm on board with this, but admit it wasn't on my radar for a while. I assumed the fact we have almost zero gun regulations enforced in the US that the bad guys can pretty much buy whatever they want, whenever, in any quantity in most states. Is it just that they want them for free? I suppose so.o_O

ETA: link to UPS gun thefts news story - happened in Memphis

2 men broke into a Memphis UPS store and stole 400 guns, police say - CNN

Hundreds of the stolen guns were recovered in Illinois

ATF Chicago on Twitter

Looking for a Roland Jackson of Chicago

ETA: Interesting that ATF were able to grab some of the guys and intercept the guns so quickly. Assume they have good informant networks and a good idea of what's already going on in that little universe of gun smuggling.

With ATF in charge, things have gone quickly and smoothly. Latest news says all the guns have been recovered

About 400 guns stolen from Tennessee recovered in Chicago suburb; 1 suspect at large

Last edited:
:eek:

That's why I included the ATF link above. They don't have as much detail as the DEA reports, but their press releases and some firearms data are helpful. Worth following. I'm on board with this, but admit it wasn't on my radar for a while. I assumed the fact we have almost zero gun regulations enforced in the US that the bad guys can pretty much buy whatever they want, whenever, in any quantity in most states. Is it just that they want them for free? I suppose so.o_O

ETA: link to UPS gun thefts news story - happened in Memphis

2 men broke into a Memphis UPS store and stole 400 guns, police say - CNN

Hundreds of the stolen guns were recovered in Illinois

ATF Chicago on Twitter

Looking for a Roland Jackson of Chicago
Guns stolen from Memphis UPS facility were found en route to Chicago

It’s unrelated to this case but just crazy!

Oh, yes. It's most definitely a crisis across the state. It's a nightmare. Lots of public debate this election season on how to best deal with the problem. It appears the state is losing this battle for now, but hopefully it will turn around.

The opiod crisis began many years ago and cycled through the urban areas of Ohio. Leaders sort of wrote it off as something all those violent criminals, prostitutes and "lowlifes" do in the big city (definitely not my opinion, just repeating what I heard). They were pretty much unprepared when it moved into those God-fearing, all American suburbs and rural areas.

The spread into the rural areas and small towns coincided with a massive shift of hundreds of thousands of jobs from those Ohio towns to overseas countries. There were no new jobs to replace them. High unemployment, economic collapse, budget cuts to small towns and counties.

A lot of mistakes were made and continue to be made. I wish I could help these people and communities, the solutions are out there. It's going to involve a different approach. But these people and their leaders will have to come to that realization on their own. They're not listening to those offering advice, so...

It's pretty much the same here. You see more deaths in the larger cities of course, but it's thick all throughout our region, on this side of the line. It's going to take the people coming together to make the region appealing to new industry and job growth because the government doesn't give a flying flip about us. Neither side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomenAmaterasu