OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
High. Jmo i honostly believe this was a simple yet a very destructive robbery jmo i think it was carried out by 3 maybe 4 no more if you live in this area and are local then you would know crsr was rolling buying cars houses land hiring people and alot of people knew he was growing ect. Few here talk about the 30g for d house really thats not alot for a grower. I havnt heard how long his grow was going by anyone but if it was a few cycles then 30g cash was easy combined with car repairs auctions a regular job its not far fetched maybe he did borrow it but being only 30 days later whoever loans out 30g to a grown man you would give more time than 30 days and you certainly wouldnt kill the man then you never get paid so jmo crsr didnt get killed owing cash. But Someone bought from him cash of coarse and helpers or friends even family new he was holding how much who knows i think the robbers were hoping alot like 100g plus. This leads me back to he may have messed up he bought a house for d put a big garage up and im sure bought cars ect and this brings unwanted attention from the lowest of the low. So if we look at it as a simple (i know 8 souls but please follow) robbery then it narrows down to only a few or a couple.
Fact: they knew the properties(they went in and out without any detection even with farmlands the dogs ect they took a big gamble)they knew where to go and how to leave maybe locals but defenitly the killers have been on those properties before.
Fact:they knew the victims(how because of kr if this was a bozo crew they would have hit crsr fast
took what they could product and cash and rolled out 1 or 2 dead and gone jmo. they were looking and took time to check 3 locations for product and cash and they did a simple check list they knew these people all of them and checked each one off. the victims knew the killers and the killers knew all of them the killers were interragating these people to find cash and product jmo
Fact: overkill i can only explain this a couple of ways they killed crsr they had to he wasnt going to just roll over but i think they went to him first looking and didnt like what was givin then they went to d second looking and didnt like what was givin and a last resort (maybe a victim trying to devert)said kr? but im not sure about the autopsy maybe kr was first but they were looking now the shots either drug induced or fear but.
Fact: they went there that night to kill how many i cant say but fact is they took enough ammo to reload and reload and i think reload one last time on the way out so
You tell me 2 maybe 3 killers brutal killings jmo this was not a grudge it wasnt over a baby girl to think any w's could pull a trigger over 35 times to me is not even feasable but thats jmo
Ok so you look at this situation presented what sort of people could pull a trigger so many times and what type of drugs would these type be doing at the time? it narrows down to only a few. jmo thanks

I agree 100% with all of this, Knuckles. My theory, or one of the big ones in my head, is that one of the R's mouthed off at the wrong time, and in front of the wrong people, that there was cash in CRsr's trailer. I don't think Gary was completely clean of the hard drugs that he was fond of and brought those bed bugs in from where he used. The fellas that I'm thinking of have been arrested for, and use, the same drugs. I've seen a few videos of them wired up and they are crazy, and I believe disturbed enough to go on a shooting spree. The ringleader is a text book sociopath.

MOO

Lesser focus or laser? I always thought he was saying laser. Lesser means something else entirely and would certainly change my perception of things.

yep looks like I am incredibly wrong there everything reported is laser not lesser. I redact those comments due to my own stupidity. Thanks for pointing that out flute!

Ohio AG has ‘laser focus’ on family living in Kenai

“We’re not using any term to describe these four people, we’re not calling them suspects… but, I would say that we are focused on them at this point like a laser,” said DeWine in a phone interview with KTVA Tuesday.

Last edited:
I think all we the public got out of JW being a "lesser focus" was that the family moved to Alaska, JW sent a potential denied text to JM the night of the murders and (not sure about this part being websleuth acceptable, not sure of links, however could be public) JW potentially sold JM the truck the investigators put the GPS on.

O and the search efforts on the W's didn't look "lesser focus".

The only public record of that text message was LM saying that LE told him it was made. It was never confirmed. I have never seen anything from a reputable source that JW sold that truck to JM.

High. Jmo i honostly believe this was a simple yet a very destructive robbery jmo i think it was carried out by 3 maybe 4 no more if you live in this area and are local then you would know crsr was rolling buying cars houses land hiring people and alot of people knew he was growing ect. Few here talk about the 30g for d house really thats not alot for a grower. I havnt heard how long his grow was going by anyone but if it was a few cycles then 30g cash was easy combined with car repairs auctions a regular job its not far fetched maybe he did borrow it but being only 30 days later whoever loans out 30g to a grown man you would give more time than 30 days and you certainly wouldnt kill the man then you never get paid so jmo crsr didnt get killed owing cash. But Someone bought from him cash of coarse and helpers or friends even family new he was holding how much who knows i think the robbers were hoping alot like 100g plus. This leads me back to he may have messed up he bought a house for d put a big garage up and im sure bought cars ect and this brings unwanted attention from the lowest of the low. So if we look at it as a simple (i know 8 souls but please follow) robbery then it narrows down to only a few or a couple.
Fact: they knew the properties(they went in and out without any detection even with farmlands the dogs ect they took a big gamble)they knew where to go and how to leave maybe locals but defenitly the killers have been on those properties before.
Fact:they knew the victims(how because of kr if this was a bozo crew they would have hit crsr fast took what they could product and cash and rolled out 1 or 2 dead and gone jmo. they were looking and took time to check 3 locations for product and cash and they did a simple check list they knew these people all of them and checked each one off. the victims knew the killers and the killers knew all of them the killers were interragating these people to find cash and product jmo
Fact: overkill i can only explain this a couple of ways they killed crsr they had to he wasnt going to just roll over but i think they went to him first looking and didnt like what was givin then they went to d second looking and didnt like what was givin and a last resort (maybe a victim trying to devert)said kr? but im not sure about the autopsy maybe kr was first but they were looking now the shots either drug induced or fear but.
Fact: they went there that night to kill how many i cant say but fact is they took enough ammo to reload and reload and i think reload one last time on the way out so
You tell me 2 maybe 3 killers brutal killings jmo this was not a grudge it wasnt over a baby girl to think any w's could pull a trigger over 35 times to me is not even feasable but thats jmo
Ok so you look at this situation presented what sort of people could pull a trigger so many times and what type of drugs would these type be doing at the time? it narrows down to only a few. jmo thanks

I can see this scenario. I've wondered about at times, if it were something similar to what happened to the Clutter Family, in "In Cold Blood".

Fact:they knew the victims(how because of kr if this was a bozo crew they would have hit crsr fast took what they could product and cash and rolled out 1 or 2 dead and gone jmo. they were looking and took time to check 3 locations for product and cash and they did a simple check list they knew these people all of them and checked each one off. the victims knew the killers and the killers knew all of them the killers were interragating these people to find cash and product jmo

JMO, I don't see robbers killing 8 people just to look for more money or drugs to steal. If they knew the Rhodens and spent time with them, they probably knew enough to realize there wouldn't be a bunch of money stashed at the other properties.

We had a discussion about this a while back, reading news stories about young, hired hit men who kill for drug dealers/gangs. I'll go back to look for links later, but the articles featured a young man in Detroit. They probably have similar people in other cities. Some of their rules:

• They're allowed to take and keep any money or drugs they find at the home of the persons they just killed.
  • They're unknown to the person who is their target
  • They don't kill children
  • They follow their target, check out their home and business, etc. weeks before attacking them
If someone was dumb enough to try to hit every house that night in search of drugs or money, they would have left enough evidence or talked enough to be arrested by now. 8 people in 4 homes in one night is above and beyond what the usual garden-variety would attempt. It wasn't as though CR1 had a million dollars in money and drugs stashed in his home. I don't think he was running a multi-million dollar drug operation on UHR and it seems highly unlikely he would have put his family at even greater risk by stashing a lot of cash and drugs in all their homes.

JMO, I could be wrong.

I agree 100% with all of this, Knuckles. My theory, or one of the big ones in my head, is that one of the R's mouthed off at the wrong time, and in front of the wrong people, that there was cash in CRsr's trailer. I don't think Gary was completely clean of the hard drugs that he was fond of and brought those bed bugs in from where he used. The fellas that I'm thinking of have been arrested for, and use, the same drugs. I've seen a few videos of them wired up and they are crazy, and I believe disturbed enough to go on a shooting spree. The ringleader is a text book sociopath.

MOO

In this scenario, why haven't they been caught? Were they so good and experienced at what they did that they left no evidence behind? Are there similar crimes to this one in the region that show they're experienced at this kind of thing? What is so special about them that they've got DeWine and his crew afraid to arrest them?

MOO

The bedbugs and GR have stuck in my mind too. It's hard for someone who has been on the needle to stay clean, especially if they are in an environment where it's accessible (contact w/customers if the Rs were not selling hard drugs themselves). Also, I'm with ya on the possibility of there being drug use that night. The overkill, for one, makes it appear that way to me. One of a few different theories, I've tossed around.

You have made it quite clear from the beginning that you think the W's are guilty. So anything said, done, or not done, that might corroborate your line of thinking is right on... Personally, I don't see enough evidence released to have any idea who might be guilty.

BBM

Actually I did not even know who the W's were until DeWine named them as being in his "laser focus" other than JW being an ex-boyfriend of HR. Even then he wasn't in my top list of suspects because she had two other boyfriends who were more recent. I actually considered CG and CH to be more viable suspects.

That changed for me when DeWine pointed the finger at them and conducted those raids on their property with a media circus in tow.

The W's are the only ones that LE has openly named. No one else has been brought forward into the spotlight other than JM and then only because he exchanged a text message with JW at 2:00 AM the morning of the murders. No one else has even been implied as being the killers.

It is an iron clad fact that DeWine and LE know much more than we here on WS knows. After all they have access to all the evidence, interviews and forensics. None of us here on WS, including myself, has been in the crime scenes or have access to any interviews conducted or forensic results. We barely got to hear about (but not view) the preliminary autopsies.

Therefore I have to conclude that LE and DeWine knows much more about this crime than I do. So when DeWine points a finger at someone I tend to believe there is solid evidence to support his "laser focus".

JMO

BBM

Actually I did not even know who the W's were until DeWine named them as being in his "laser focus" other than JW being an ex-boyfriend of HR. Even then he wasn't in my top list of suspects because she had two other boyfriends who were more recent. I actually considered CG and CH to be more viable suspects.

That changed for me when DeWine pointed the finger at them and conducted those raids on their property with a media circus in tow.

The W's are the only ones that LE has openly named. No one else has been brought forward into the spotlight other than JM and then only because he exchanged a text message with JW at 2:00 AM the morning of the murders. No one else has even been implied as being the killers.

It is an iron clad fact that DeWine and LE know much more than we here on WS knows. After all they have access to all the evidence, interviews and forensics. None of us here on WS, including myself, has been in the crime scenes or have access to any interviews conducted or forensic results. We barely got to hear about (but not view) the preliminary autopsies.

Therefore I have to conclude that LE and DeWine knows much more about this crime than I do. So when DeWine points a finger at someone I tend to believe there is solid evidence to support his "laser focus".

JMO

Agree. DeWine is not the kind of pol who goes out on a limb over a case in public, high profile or otherwise. If he hints they were involved, they probably were. We also need to parse his statements a little to note that he doesn't say they committed the murders.

JMO, it's an open question as to whether they participated in them directly or were involved in the planning, possible hiring, etc. They may have set events in motion that led to the murders. The searches at both the W properties in Ohio indicate LE thinks they have evidence, which indicates a role closer to the execution.

But yeah, until DeWine rules them out, they are on my radar.

In this scenario, why haven't they been caught? Were they so good and experienced at what they did that they left no evidence behind? Are there similar crimes to this one in the region that show they're experienced at this kind of thing? What is so special about them that they've got DeWine and his crew afraid to arrest them?
There are a couple of them, guys I'm thinking of, that are currently incarcerated on other charges. My opinion, LE needs something...a piece of evidence that will guarantee a conviction. We don't know that LE doesn't have any other evidence either. Similar crimes? That area is rank with unsolved crimes and a psycho high on meth for days doesn't need prior experience, imo. We do have Violet and MCJnk's suspicious deaths.
Possibly the W's have a tie in to this, yes. For one, people regularly buy, sell, or trade guns. The Wags like guns and hunting and maybe one of the weapons used was sold by them. Perhaps LE needs them to come forward with this kind of info and they're unwilling to cooperate. Putting them in the limelight for this reason could also keep them safe...but I think he made a Stupid move by doing this either way. I believe that there are others who have info on these murders and they also fear for their lives.
All just my opinions.

Agree. DeWine is not the kind of pol who goes out on a limb over a case in public, high profile or otherwise. If he hints they were involved, they probably were. We also need to parse his statements a little to note that he doesn't say they committed the murders.

JMO, it's an open question as to whether they participated in them directly or were involved in the planning, possible hiring, etc. They may have set events in motion that led to the murders. The searches at both the W properties in Ohio indicate LE thinks they have evidence, which indicates a role closer to the execution.

But yeah, until DeWine rules them out, they are on my radar.
Is anyone aware of the relationship between KR and the W’s, if any? IMO, whoever was inside KR’s camper had to be someone KR trusted as well as being trusted by Brownie. The W’s are a laser focus for some reason but I’m unaware of any interactions or friendships they had with KR. It doesn’t make sense.

Another random thought-wasn’t WG in trouble in the past for impersonating LE?

High. for le to take three houses that tells me they have a whole bunch of evidence. iv never heard of any le (taking) a whole crime scene(tape off for eternity many times yes) but to take it with them and store them then move them again?. jmo that tells me they cant let anyone see inside the scene because of so much evidence. wouldnt it be more reasonable and cost effective to have pro cleaners come in and have the state pay then to carry off three houses?
As for jw and clan no le would ever give a child to a suspected killer and his family. if they had a spec of anything that girl would be in hiding and dewine would say see you in court. Im not taking sides but if le knows one once of evidence against w's they wouldnt (couldnt) give that girl to any w they would have done a big stall but they didnt?
Jmo. i think they went to the w's on a farce(snitch) and if i missed something they found maybe i missed it i dont know?but dewine sure wouldnt allow a child to stay in ak if they found a crumb in the searches but i agree with you why did dewine say (lazer focus) iv never heard of why?one text if there was one a (snitch) i dont know you can help me maybe i missed it?
I think your right when your this sloppy you leave behind everything and dewine has so much its overwhelming hence why they took the houses?
Lastly they killed everybody out of (what) fear this was a robbery by a few it was a easy score out in the woods always had traffic at all hours (kids) and (activity) the locals on the road stay to themselves and even if they wanted to come forward the crime was so ruthless thinking they could be next they know it was targeted and they wouldnt (couldnt) say anything or add to what le already knows. Jmo dewine knows le knows its just time and really time will win and if it turns out to be the w's then dewine will be in court to answer why that girl went went them. but if im wrong i wouldnt have a problem with that because that means its been solved and the killers were caught so i hope le prooves me wrong. We need more evidence. Thanks

There are a couple of them, guys I'm thinking of, that are currently incarcerated on other charges. My opinion, LE needs something...a piece of evidence that will guarantee a conviction. We don't know that LE doesn't have any other evidence either. Similar crimes? That area is rank with unsolved crimes and a psycho high on meth for days doesn't need prior experience, imo. We do have Violet and MCJnk's suspicious deaths.
Possibly the W's have a tie in to this, yes. For one, people regularly buy, sell, or trade guns. The Wags like guns and hunting and maybe one of the weapons used was sold by them. Perhaps LE needs them to come forward with this kind of info and they're unwilling to cooperate. Putting them in the limelight for this reason could also keep them safe...but I think he made a Stupid move by doing this either way. I believe that there are others who have info on these murders and they also fear for their lives.
All just my opinions.

Interesting point about protecting the WS by allowing them to move to AK, possibly under the protection of white supremacist groups up there. DeWine is willing to protect the killers/accessories, but leaves the victim's families to fend for themselves. There's quite a bit of bigotry and favoritism connected to this case, which, JMO, means DeWine and LE will never publicly solve it. Connections and money mean everything in Ohio and the Rhodens and Gilleys have no value in their eyes.

High. for le to take three houses that tells me they have a whole bunch of evidence. iv never heard of any le (taking) a whole crime scene(tape off for eternity many times yes) but to take it with them and store them then move them again?. jmo that tells me they cant let anyone see inside the scene because of so much evidence. wouldnt it be more reasonable and cost effective to have pro cleaners come in and have the state pay then to carry off three houses?
As for jw and clan no le would ever give a child to a suspected killer and his family. if they had a spec of anything that girl would be in hiding and dewine would say see you in court. Im not taking sides but if le knows one once of evidence against w's they wouldnt (couldnt) give that girl to any w they would have done a big stall but they didnt?
Jmo. i think they went to the w's on a farce(snitch) and if i missed something they found maybe i missed it i dont know?but dewine sure wouldnt allow a child to stay in ak if they found a crumb in the searches but i agree with you why did dewine say (lazer focus) iv never heard of why?one text if there was one a (snitch) i dont know you can help me maybe i missed it?
I think your right when your this sloppy you leave behind everything and dewine has so much its overwhelming hence why they took the houses?
Lastly they killed everybody out of (what) fear this was a robbery by a few it was a easy score out in the woods always had traffic at all hours (kids) and (activity) the locals on the road stay to themselves and even if they wanted to come forward the crime was so ruthless thinking they could be next they know it was targeted and they wouldnt (couldnt) say anything or add to what le already knows. Jmo dewine knows le knows its just time and really time will win and if it turns out to be the w's then dewine will be in court to answer why that girl went went them. but if im wrong i wouldnt have a problem with that because that means its been solved and the killers were caught so i hope le prooves me wrong. We need more evidence. Thanks
LE cannot just take a child away because they suspect a parent or guardian of being involved. There has to be solid evidence and charges to render an arrest thus a child is then placed into the care of children services in the event the other parent is not able to care for the child. LE didn’t “give” the child to the W’s-the child was already in their care at the time of the murders. In comparison, CRob also had zero issues keeping B in her care. I’d guarantee she had to be ruled out just as a standard procedure, especially being one of the last ones to see some of the victims alive. No one took B away from her.

The babies were placed in foster care because they had no living guardian and/or known parent once the murders occurred. Both S and B each had their other parent to care for them.

LE cannot just take a child away because they suspect a parent or guardian of being involved. There has to be solid evidence and charges to render an arrest thus a child is then placed into the care of children services in the event the other parent is not able to care for the child. LE didn’t “give” the child to the W’s-the child was already in their care at the time of the murders. In comparison, CRob also had zero issues keeping B in her care. I’d guarantee she had to be ruled out just as a standard procedure, especially being one of the last ones to see some of the victims alive. No one took B away from her.

The babies were placed in foster care because they had no living guardian and/or known parent once the murders occurred. Both S and B each had their other parent to care for them.
High. "Le cannot just take a child away because they suspect a parent or guardian" yes they 100% can IF they have enough evidence to show a judge a parent or guardian is involved which leads me back to saying they just dont have anything and if they had anything then the child would go with family on the mothers side or im sure someone would have taken her if le told them they have evidence on the w's if not then foster care. jmo of coarse im just saying if le had anything at all then the child would not be with suspected murderers whoever they may be in any case.
ALMOND! you are right! and can you give more insite i believe you and i are on the same page with the same people involved. thanks

High. Does anyone know why the one cinci man pulled his money out of the fund i missed his reasoning. thanks

Jeff Ruby is the Cincinnati businessman. This is what he posted on Twitter: "The savage execution of the Rhoden family was barbaric! If by cartel, my involvement puts our family in harms way." And there was a picture of Jeff and some of his family members posted with it.

High. Does anyone know why the one cinci man pulled his money out of the fund i missed his reasoning. thanks

Cincinnati businessman pulls $25K reward in Pike Co. murders

With recent complex criminal developments in Pike Co case, we are withdrawing our reward and involvement. Grieving and praying for family.

— Jeff Ruby (@TheRealJeffRuby) April 28, 2016

Cincinnati businessman pulls $25K reward in Pike Co. murders

Ruby originally cited "complex criminal developments" as the reason for withdrawing his reward and involvement.
He tweeted Friday that he did not want to attach his family name to the case by chance the cartel is involved.

Jeff Ruby cites reasoning for pulling $25K reward in family massacre

High. "Le cannot just take a child away because they suspect a parent or guardian" yes they 100% can IF they have enough evidence to show a judge a parent or guardian is involved which leads me back to saying they just dont have anything and if they had anything then the child would go with family on the mothers side or im sure someone would have taken her if le told them they have evidence on the w's if not then foster care. jmo of coarse im just saying if le had anything at all then the child would not be with suspected murderers whoever they may be in any case.
ALMOND! you are right! and can you give more insite i believe you and i are on the same page with the same people involved. thanks
I don't know if these fellas had been on any of the properties before the murders, Knuckles. If they hadn't then they had to have someone with them who was familiar to the R's. On that note I go from JM or a son of his, or a tattoo artist that just won't leave my mind. Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps