OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO education is the key. That education needs to begin at home.
Remember the "stranger danger" movement? When parents began teaching their kids it was not okay to take candy from strangers? As a result no child will allow a stranger to approach them, because parents pounded into their heads what happens to little kids who let a stranger near them. All the horror stories parents could think of went into their kids minds.

From the time your children understand start teaching them the horrible effects of drugs. Make them afraid to try it even one time. Preach at them over and over that all it takes is one pill to get addicted. Reinforce that all through the formative years that drugs are evil incarnate and just touching them can lead to death. Teach them that all doctors are not right. That if a doctor gives them pain pills make sure they are warranted and the lowest dose possible. Scare them so they never forget that drugs are death.

Get involved in your children's school. Make sure the teachers are reinforcing the message you are preaching to your kids at home.

IMO the increase in home schooling is the parents way of trying to control the bad things kids can be exposed to in school. The 100% control over their kids during the elementary stage in school is effective if used properly. Kids who are home schooled can score higher on SAT's and have lower rates of drug use. But it takes work on the part of the parents.

IMO a little bit of irrational fear in your kids is much better than losing them to a drug overdose.

Raisin, I went to nursing school at a hospital for chronic care patients and many of the patients were brain damaged due to overdosing on drugs but having been "saved" by extraordinary measures, they remained alive for years in comatose and semi-comatose conditions. It's a whole "world of it's own" that many are not even aware exists. For patient privacy issues, it can't be done, but if only some kids could see what drugs can do. These patients were trapped in their crumpled up bodies since they, too, were kids who just took too much, or took the wrong thing or took just a little even for the very first time. Some even ended up there because they tried to QUIT and suffered seizures as a result that permanently devastated their bodies and minds. If only kids knew but descriptions of those patients and how they "live" can't be imagined. I think I can honestly say that many of them would have preferred a final overdose and be done. That was in around 1976 and no doubt, nothing has changed. Those horrible places must still exist. We worry about overdose but there's really something much worse than that in store for some people. I wish people could be made aware of this! ... why is it kept as such a secret?

Raisin, I went to nursing school at a hospital for chronic care patients and many of the patients were brain damaged due to overdosing on drugs but having been "saved" by extraordinary measures, they remained alive for years in comatose and semi-comatose conditions. It's a whole "world of it's own" that many are not even aware exists. For patient privacy issues, it can't be done, but if only some kids could see what drugs can do. These patients were trapped in their crumpled up bodies since they, too, were kids who just took too much, or took the wrong thing or took just a little even for the very first time. Some even ended up there because they tried to QUIT and suffered seizures as a result that permanently devastated their bodies and minds. If only kids knew but descriptions of those patients and how they "live" can't be imagined. I think I can honestly say that many of them would have preferred a final overdose and be done. That was in around 1976 and no doubt, nothing has changed. Those horrible places must still exist. We worry about overdose but there's really something much worse than that in store for some people. I wish people could be made aware of this! ... why is it kept as such a secret?

One solution is to take your kids on a yearly trip into the world of the homeless. Start when they are young. Take them to see the people living on the streets, that are drug addicted. Show them the helplessness of these people who can't even take a shower or put on clean clothes because of their addictions. Stop shielding kids from the ugly things in life. Let them see what happens when addiction takes over. Then tell them, there is where you are headed if you ever take drugs. Ask them "Do you really want to end up filthy and hungry sleeping under a bridge or on the sidewalk?"

JMO

A good friend of mine has a daughter who is addicted to heroin. The daughter has had three babies, each was born addicted. The first baby was born four years ago, and after spending two or three months in the neonatal intensive care unit was released as a ward of the state as his mom was still on heroin. My friend and her husband had to apply to adopt him and after months were awarded full custody. The daughter wasn’t even allowed to come to their home, she was only allowed supervised visits when a social worker was present.

The second baby was born exactly a year ago. A tiny little girl, addicted to heroin, was in NICU for several months and then my friend and her husband adopted her. Same process.

The third baby, another little girl, was just born a couple of days ago. Mom had managed to pass weekly drug screens for the past few months and claimed she was off drugs. Because of this she had been able to have unsupervised overnight visitation with both kids.

It became apparent she was still on heroin when the new baby was born addicted. And yes, my friend is applying to adopt this baby too.

This young woman (I think she is 25 now) has been in expensive private rehab several times, paid for by her parents. She has also been in court-ordered rehab in another facility a few times after ending up in jail.

She can’t stay off heroin even while pregnant. A perfect example of addiction affecting all social classes.
This is so heartbreaking. Please tell your friend she’s an angel.

Maybe we need something like "Scared Straight" for drug users...

Maybe we need something like "Scared Straight" for drug users...
Sadly, addicts are pretty aware of the consequences. The majority don’t want to be “that way” and are ashamed of what they’ve become-even If they don’t say so out loud. Addiction is the devil. It grabs on to a person’s soul and holds on tight. A scared straight type of thing is a good idea but the reality is, addicts see the effects. They see their friends die and they see themselves lose everything including the person they used to be. It’s hard to explain unless you’ve walked along side an addict. It’s just honestly a terrible, terrible thing to witness.

Thanks, Mitten! Interesting comments from Nancy Grace. She said the killings must be linked to the MJ grow ops and that the killer was motivated by anger, not just money/drugs. She also said the killer was very good at covering their tracks, more skilled than the average murderer.

My only quibble with her is she kept using the singular term "killer". LE has stated and preliminary autopsies, etc. show there were more than one killer, at least 2.

Thanks, Mitten! Interesting comments from Nancy Grace. She said the killings must be linked to the MJ grow ops and that the killer was motivated by anger, not just money/drugs. She also said the killer was very good at covering their tracks, more skilled than the average murderer.

My only quibble with her is she kept using the singular term "killer". LE has stated and preliminary autopsies, etc. show there were more than one killer, at least 2.
She did a podcast yesterday on the case as well. I’ll be the first to admit-I am not a NG fan BUT I am happy to see the case being discussed.

She has a few facts wrong or perhaps states a few things as fact when it may not be fact.

She stated MJ grows were at 3 of the locations. However the last official clarification from LE stated the grows were in 3 areas at TWO of the locations. I believe she also said all but CRsr were killed in their sleep. I don’t believe we know that to be fact and LE has never said that. We know (as of recently) for fact SR was awake, but what about GR? Or what about JR who was found between his bed and the wall? Sure, that’s where he could have ended up after being shot BUT I believe it’s also possible he was awoken and was hiding in that area before being shot.

I agree with NG that these killings were motivated by anger. What kind of anger is the million dollar question.

Also, how does she know some gunshots were inflicted after death? I’m wondering if I missed something in one of the recent reports.

Mittens might it work the same as bruising. Bruising doesn't occur after death so maybe, just maybe no blood appears after receiving a shot if you're already dead. JMO

Did it state in autopsy reports about the gun shot wounds perhaps?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

She did a podcast yesterday on the case as well. I’ll be the first to admit-I am not a NG fan BUT I am happy to see the case being discussed.

She has a few facts wrong or perhaps states a few things as fact when it may not be fact.

She stated MJ grows were at 3 of the locations. However the last official clarification from LE stated the grows were in 3 areas at TWO of the locations. I believe she also said all but CRsr were killed in their sleep. I don’t believe we know that to be fact and LE has never said that. We know (as of recently) for fact SR was awake, but what about GR? Or what about JR who was found between his bed and the wall? Sure, that’s where he could have ended up after being shot BUT I believe it’s also possible he was awoken and was hiding in that area before being shot.

I agree with NG that these killings were motivated by anger. What kind of anger is the million dollar question.

Also, how does she know some gunshots were inflicted after death? I’m wondering if I missed something in one of the recent reports.

I was glad someone was talking about it it but it sounded like there wasn't much of her thoughts but more repeating what was on Mainstream media.

Mittens might it work the same as bruising. Bruising doesn't occur after death so maybe, just maybe no blood appears after receiving a shot if you're already dead. JMO

I would guess that she probably surmised that the victims would be dead after a couple head shots when they got five...

I’m not sure how it works honestly. I’m pretty confident that atleast the first shot while a person is still alive would or could cause bruising. Depending on how soon death occurs from an initial gunshot wound, further gunshot wounds could cause bruising as well, as long as the victim’s heart is still pumping blood.

Are there any medical examiners and/or coroners following this thread (even silently) that could help explain? TIA

I do recall the unredacted preliminary autopsy reports do mention that all the victims besides CR1 were killed in their sleep.
I’ll have to re-read. I don’t remember that but I’ve been a little behind on reading all the articles that went to press when the unredacted autopsies were released. I’m sure I missed it or overlooked.

I would guess that she probably surmised that the victims would be dead after a couple head shots when they got five...
That’s true. But I suppose what I’m trying to clarify is if her statements are facts or NG facts LOL. She has a way with her words sometimes and after watching her cover many cases, I’ve noticed how she can sometimes say things as fact when it’s basically just her own conclusions.

IMO the first step her parents need to take is use the money spent for rehab to have the girl's tubes tied so she cannot bring anymore children addicted to drugs into this world. That to me is the height of cruelty to children. Those babies do not have a choice. Their mother is making that choice for them before they are even born. That is criminal child abuse. The agony and pain of withdrawal from heroin is their welcome into the world. It is just not fair. It is cruel. The parents need to end that instead of blindly accepting each grandchild she produces.

JMO

I know- but a parent cannot force birth control of any type on a child.

The daughter does not even live with them. They kicked her out some time ago after she failed to stay clean after the last private rehab. And that was before she entered into and failed the court-ordered rehabs.

They aren’t even allowed to have her come to their home. That was a restriction put into place by the court while the 2nd baby was a ward of the state, pending adoption by my friend and her husband.

I also understand your comment about blindly accepting each grandchild she produces. And believe me, my friend has come under criticism for it. People often say by adopting the babies she is enabling the daughter to keep getting pregnant. But if they didn’t adopt, the babies would remain wards of the state until someone else adopted them. I don’t think it would affect whether or not she got pregnant again.

The state where I live has one of the highest rates of opioid addiction. I’m in the medical field, and I have had quite a few patients, and several coworkers, who have or have had sons or daughters with opioid addictions.

Some of the parents have taken the “tough love” approach and kicked the child out, and refused to provide any support whatsoever. Some of their kids have died.

Other parents have gone the other route, paying for rehab and allowing the child to return home. Some of their kids have died too.

I don’t know the answer.

I’ll have to re-read. I don’t remember that but I’ve been a little behind on reading all the articles that went to press when the unredacted autopsies were released. I’m sure I missed it or overlooked.
I don't remember reading this either but I don't believe it even if it was written on the autopsy reports. Any person who is shot while in their bed may appear to have been asleep but I think that is all that can be reliably said; "it appears they were asleep."
Personally, I think CSr, GR, DR and CJr were not asleep when they were killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena