OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #34 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was hoping, that he's been there since he was last arrested. He's been let out too many times in the past and it wouldn't surprise me to seem him out again. SMH
I’m not sure why the delay on sentencing. I believe there was a sentencing date scheduled back in the late summer. It’s been my opinion for a while now that JK is an informant for PCSO. It’s only an opinion and I don’t know that’s to be fact but I believe there’s a hang up with him having charges in a county that’s not Pike. JMHO

“There’s is some things that will clear this up for you in about 5 seconds “ quote from rob junk .

The wagners were put on world wide display as a particular family and people of interest ( mentioning all members of the family by there names ) plastering images and location of said family .
Following this case from the beginning ive seen it cycle a few thousand times - wash ,, rinse , repeat . only to come back to reality of the wagners involvement .

At first glance these murders look like a professional hit . To me they dident .
I’m going to TRY To give you my perspective , but will most likely fail Badly as its somewhat complicated to explain to someone who haven’t done this .

Ive been hunting all my life . Once I discovered the bow I put all my guns down . The bow is a upclose and personal and takes much more skill then just walking thru woods and pulling the trigger . Let me first back up and explain. There are many different reasons to hunt , and just as many methods . Me personally find the act of killing the deer the worst part of hunting , but it is the end result of a lot of work . In my explanation of hunting I am mostly talking about deer . If I kill something I butcher it myself and eat it . Nothing gets hung on the wall as a show piece.
I hunt alone never with anyone else because i have a set of rules i abide by .
The deer is a amazing animal and there is a lot to know about it if you want to be successful . and This is really what i enjoy about hunting with a bow ......knowing everything about your prey and its habits is crucial if your hunting with a bow , as most kills are done within 15 yards or closer . You are actually a detective in the woods, studying what’s in the area , what it eats , where it drinks , where it sleeps , how many , what’s the route to and from , the hills and valleys . Their nose is there best defense so you have to be aware of which way the wind is going and cover your own scent . Ok , i think ive explained badly but i think ill stop here before this becomes a book .

When I first heard of the Rhoden murders my first thoughts were that they were hunted .....someone knew everything about them , the dogs ,, where they slept , their habits , EVERYTHING !!! They made one mistake . They made it personal .

A hunting family of 4 shows up in the picture a year plus later , living in i think 1600 square foot home with 28 deer heads on the wall . ( observed from when they were selling house )
Jw facebook shows he is more then a avide bow hunter .

A hunting family of 4 arrives in alaska with 1 shotgun ? I have 5 guns . One bow . Where’s the rest ?

These are just my thoughts and my own opinion .

An interesting read.

Question: If someone hired professionals to carry out the murders, might they have stipulated “Don’t hurt the dogs or children”

My reasons for thinking it was not a professional hit include the fact that some of the victims were shot so many times, especially those who were shot in the face. That seemed to me to indicate hatred of the individual.

I would have thought a professional would be detached from any hatred, not even knowing the victims, but hired to do a job.

Also, it seems that professionals would not have shot them so many times. It seems a professional hit would have been done with accurate shots, few shots needed, and an absense of hatred. In my opinion, anyway.

I still think there are locals who know more than they will say because of fear. My opinion only.

Honestly, if I was a family member I would get the heck out of Dodge and move my family somewhere far away.

“There’s is some things that will clear this up for you in about 5 seconds “ quote from rob junk .

The wagners were put on world wide display as a particular family and people of interest ( mentioning all members of the family by there names ) plastering images and location of said family .
Following this case from the beginning ive seen it cycle a few thousand times - wash ,, rinse , repeat . only to come back to reality of the wagners involvement .

At first glance these murders look like a professional hit . To me they dident .
I’m going to TRY To give you my perspective , but will most likely fail Badly as its somewhat complicated to explain to someone who haven’t done this .

Ive been hunting all my life . Once I discovered the bow I put all my guns down . The bow is a upclose and personal and takes much more skill then just walking thru woods and pulling the trigger . Let me first back up and explain. There are many different reasons to hunt , and just as many methods . Me personally find the act of killing the deer the worst part of hunting , but it is the end result of a lot of work . In my explanation of hunting I am mostly talking about deer . If I kill something I butcher it myself and eat it . Nothing gets hung on the wall as a show piece.
I hunt alone never with anyone else because i have a set of rules i abide by .
The deer is a amazing animal and there is a lot to know about it if you want to be successful . and This is really what i enjoy about hunting with a bow ......knowing everything about your prey and its habits is crucial if your hunting with a bow , as most kills are done within 15 yards or closer . You are actually a detective in the woods, studying what’s in the area , what it eats , where it drinks , where it sleeps , how many , what’s the route to and from , the hills and valleys . Their nose is there best defense so you have to be aware of which way the wind is going and cover your own scent . Ok , i think ive explained badly but i think ill stop here before this becomes a book .

When I first heard of the Rhoden murders my first thoughts were that they were hunted .....someone knew everything about them , the dogs ,, where they slept , their habits , EVERYTHING !!! They made one mistake . They made it personal .

A hunting family of 4 shows up in the picture a year plus later , living in i think 1600 square foot home with 28 deer heads on the wall . ( observed from when they were selling house )
Jw facebook shows he is more then a avide bow hunter .

A hunting family of 4 arrives in alaska with 1 shotgun ? I have 5 guns . One bow . Where’s the rest ?

These are just my thoughts and my own opinion .

I've not been to Canada, so just got curious as to how strict Canada is about about bringing firearms across their border.

You can bring three, allowed, firearms into Canada, with a completed form, a fee, and declaring them at the border, and providing said paperwork at checkpoints, from my understanding. So they could likely bring 12 allowed firearms, if approved, and properly transported.

Shipping a firearm to AK is also an option; See link below for explanation on how to do so.

One last note; If I don't know someone, and they ask me if I have firearms, I might say, Yeah, we have a rifle, or Yeah, I have a handgun, but that's it, I'd not tell a stranger about the number of firearms I own. I might not even tell them I owned any at all. However, I'm not a naturally trusting person.

Crossing Canadian Border w/Firearms
https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/th...ting-firearms/bringing-a-firearm-into-canada/

Transporting and shipping firearms via Canada to AK
Bringing your guns to Alaska?

I've not been to Canada, so just got curious as to how strict Canada is about about bringing firearms across their border.

You can bring three, allowed, firearms into Canada, with a completed form, a fee, and declaring them at the border, and providing said paperwork at checkpoints, from my understanding. So they could likely bring 12 allowed firearms, if approved, and properly transported.

Shipping a firearm to AK is also an option; See link below for explanation on how to do so.

One last note; If I don't know someone, and they ask me if I have firearms, I might say, Yeah, we have a rifle, or Yeah, I have a handgun, but that's it, I'd not tell a stranger about the number of firearms I own. I might not even tell them I owned any at all. However, I'm not a naturally trusting person.

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/th...ting-firearms/bringing-a-firearm-into-canada/

It depends on the firearm, as well.
Not all firearms are allowed here, even with proper paperwork and being declared.
Semi-automatics and most handguns are really the only firearms allowed across the border.
The number of stories I've read/heard about people bringing undeclared (thinking it's easier than filling out the paperwork) or prohibited firearms (simply because they don't know we have super strict gun laws and can't just bring automatic weapons across the border) is staggering.

Even in Canada, we can't own automatic firearms unless you're military or law enforcement. We can't conceal carry, either.
In order to even own or buy a firearm/ammo, a license is required and all restricted and prohibited firearms must be registered with the RCMP.

Very interesting to see the differences between gun ownership in the US and here.

BBM

So they could likely bring 12 allowed firearms,

You can bring three, allowed, firearms into Canada

Canada has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to bringing a gun into the country.

When we went to Alaska I called the border agents. I was told you can bring in one shotgun or one rifle like a 22 or a 30-30 for hunting with the proper forms and registration. Absolutely no handguns or AR 15's or any enhanced magazines. I am not sure what they meant by that no enhanced magazines but I think it meant you can't bring those clips that fire 30 rounds. Anyway they said any firearms not allowed would be confiscated and could mean some jail time. It took 3 months for us to get approval to bring in a 20 gauge shotgun, which hubby deemed necessary to scare off a bear. When we were stopped at the border we were told the shotgun and shells must remain unloaded in the truck of the car at all times.

I assumed what we were told when we called is why the W's showed up in Alaska with only one shotgun. That maybe they called and were told the same thing.

On the other hand they confiscated a plastic knife we had to slice Spam we carried for our very picky chihuahua and gave us a stern lecture about their "no knives allowed" policy.

JMO

Not all firearms are allowed here, even with proper paperwork and being declared.
Semi-automatics and most handguns are really the only firearms allowed across the border.
The number of stories I've read/heard about people bringing undeclared (thinking it's easier than filling out the paperwork) or prohibited firearms (simply because they don't know we have super strict gun laws and can't just bring automatic weapons across the border) is staggering.

Even in Canada, we can't own automatic firearms unless you're military or law enforcement. We can't conceal carry, either.
In order to even own or buy a firearm/ammo, a license is required and all restricted and prohibited firearms must be registered with the RCMP.

Very interesting to see the differences between gun ownership in the US and here.

BBM

They told us only one shotgun or one rifle like a 22 or 30-30 used for hunting was allowed with the proper permits. Absolutely no handguns. It took us 3 months to get a permit to carry in a shotgun. Then we were told it and the shells had to remain in the trunk of the car.

Yes very different from the state I live in which has concealed carry and open carry.

JMO

Thanks! Iirc, they even have to be stored properly, in your vehicle, and you can't visit national parks if you have them with you (Correct me if I have misread). If you decide to ship them into AK is a bit of hassle too. I ran across a company that ensures getting your firearms shipped properly when moving to, or from, AK.

Knowing how to ship a firearm means following a lot of complicated regulations, particularly for transport in and out of Alaska, where shipments may be routed through Canada. Certain firearms that are legal in the U.S. are restricted in Canada. Royal Alaskan Movers is licensed to transport restricted and prohibited firearms through Canada. So, Royal Alaskan Movers can transport firearms to and from Alaska via both highway and water routes.

Gun Laws and Shipping Firearms: Moving to and from Alaska | Royal Alaskan Movers

BBM

So they could likely bring 12 allowed firearms,

You can bring three, allowed, firearms into Canada
Canada has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to bringing a gun into the country.

When we went to Alaska I called the border agents. I was told you can bring in one shotgun or one rifle like a 22 or a 30-30 for hunting with the proper forms and registration. Absolutely no handguns or AR 15's or any enhanced magazines. I am not sure what they meant by that no enhanced magazines but I think it meant you can't bring those clips that fire 30 rounds. Anyway they said any firearms not allowed would be confiscated and could mean some jail time. It took 3 months for us to get approval to bring in a 20 gauge shotgun, which hubby deemed necessary to scare off a bear. When we were stopped at the border we were told the shotgun and shells must remain unloaded in the truck of the car at all times.

I assumed what we were told when we called is why the W's showed up in Alaska with only one shotgun. That maybe they called and were told the same thing.

On the other hand they confiscated a plastic knife we had to slice Spam we carried for our very picky chihuahua and gave us a stern lecture about their "no knives allowed" policy.

JMO

If they were moving to AK, via Canada, it might be viewed differently, but the link said three, approved, firearms. However, the link also, advised folks to call the Canadian Border Services Agency, prior to their trip, to ensure that no rules had changed. So it may be old information, or newly updated information, on the link. ilovepierre?

Transporting firearms across the border;

OT I had to laugh about your Chi! :D

Last edited:
Thanks! Iirc, they even have to be stored properly, in your vehicle, and you can't visit national parks if you have them with you (Correct me if I have misread). If you decide to ship them into AK is a bit of hassle too. I ran across a company that ensures getting your firearms shipped properly when moving to, or from, AK.

Gun Laws and Shipping Firearms: Moving to and from Alaska | Royal Alaskan Movers

Yes, they have to be stored properly and unless you are in transit, firemarms aren't supposed to be in a vehicle unless they are in a locked case and unloaded. Not sure about national parks, but I would assume they aren't allowed. You can't hunt in NP's, so there should be no need for anyone to have a firearm on their person or in their vehicles. Hikers carry bear spray when out in the woods as a means of protection.

If they were moving to AK, via Canada, it might be viewed differently, but the link said three, approved, firearms. However, the link also, advised folks to call the Canadian Border Services Agency, prior to their trip, to ensure that no rules had changed. So it may be old information, or newly updated information, on the link. ilovepierre?

Transporting firearms across the border;

OT I had to laugh about your Chi! :D

Since they are traveling through Canada, the firearm(s) would still need to be declared on a Canadian Customs form and have all other paperwork filled out as well.
It's always safe to call CBSA and find out the rules for sure.

Would anyone care if they heard gun shots on opening day of turkey season ? Opening day normally sounds like a war zone .

Opening day of turkey season 2016 ,, April 22 , crack of dawn .

Coincidence ? Maybe . ...............Maybe not .

Would anyone care if they heard gun shots on opening day of turkey season ? Opening day normally sounds like a war zone .

I would not. Like the Rs, I live in a rural area. I have lived in the country almost my entire life, though, and am probably more desensitized. You have hunting seasons, critters that folks shoot at, target practice at odd hours, etc... so I'd probably just note the time, habit, and go back to sleep.

I would not. Like the Rs, I live in a rural area. I have lived in the country almost my entire life, though, and am probably more desensitized. You have hunting seasons, critters that folks shoot at, target practice at odd hours, etc... so I'd probably just note the time, habit, and go back to sleep.
Thats funny . City people are so used to fire engines , cops sirens blasting , car horns and heavy traffic that when you take them to the country , the silence freaks them out . I’m used to both . I worked in manhattan and lived in the country .

Thats funny . City people are so used to fire engines , cops sirens blasting , car horns and heavy traffic that when you take them to the country , the silence freaks them out . I’m used to both . I worked in manhattan and lived in the country .

I can see that! When I've visited large cities, and come back home, the silence is deafening! Now, when an ambulance or firetruck goes past our way, we perk up our ears. I have folks messaging me asking what's going on down my way, and I'll do the same if I hear there's activity on their stretch.

I would have just assumed someone was hunting or warding off some sort of critter from their property. Murder would be the last thing I'd be thinking of.

IMO

I would have just assumed someone was hunting or warding off some sort of critter from their property. Murder would be the last thing I'd be thinking of.

IMO
Now that was some surprising responses . So the consensus is ( not that 2 people make a consensus ) but nobody seems to gaf about shots fired at night early morn . Which tells me the killers knew this . Plus inside the trailers shots probably sounded like small muffled popping noises at best .
Ive always thought the killers had a limited amount of time because of all the shots and noise made . When in fact they had all the time in the world .......so to speak .

Now that was some surprising responses . So the consensus is ( not that 2 people make a consensus ) but nobody seems to gaf about shots fired at night early morn . Which tells me the killers knew this . Plus inside the trailers shots probably sounded like small muffled popping noises at best .
Ive always thought the killers had a limited amount of time because of all the shots and noise made . When in fact they had all the time in the world .......so to speak .

Sunset on 4/21/2016 was 8:15 p.m., and sunrise, on April 22, 2016, was at 6:46 a.m. CRob left FR's at 10:30 p.m. on 4/21, and DR was posting online, iirc, very near 1:00 a.m. on 4/22. The assailants would want to be gone before sunup, and prior to folks on UHR starting to stir, and leaving their homes for work.

Sunrise Sunset Daylight Hours of Piketon, Ohio -- Timebie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member