OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have your number, or rather your facial scan, :rolleyes:. Cat litter clean up in aisle 5 has been banned! And I agree, the security these days is getting invasive. Whether it's a six pk. of pop, or a smart t.v. , steal from Walmart, and you goin' down. Walmart does not fool around.
Remembering that one person down there who was "banned from all Walmarts on earth!" haha

Maybe they shot him through the bedroom door thinking that would at least keep him in place so they could come in and finish the murder. They obviously didn't want to just face him head on. They needed him wounded to face him. I'm thinking he came barreling out of that door after being shot the first time. That may be the reason he was shot so many times. He could have been shot many times as he raced down the hall to fend off the Ws.

I think he fought hard for his life and very likely the life of his family. I would not doubt that the Ws told him their plan to murder everyone that night. He found the will to fight through being shot 8 times because I think he knew. He tried to stop them. The 9th bullet was just too much.

All my opinion.
That makes sense. But how and why was he more decomposed? Him and Gary were in the same home but not killed at the same time.

IMO, there’s gonna be way more to this story. The unredacted preliminary autopsies suggested Chris was awake and saw his killers arrive. We know now there was a forged custody agreement and I think it’s safe to say Chris wouldn’t have greeted the W’s with open arms when he saw them arrive.

The part about placing the bodies on top of each other isn't something I had heard, and, makes this more despicable, IMO. Just the thought of someone doing that.
So, in my mind, I have Big Daddy W pounding at CR1's front door. CR1 opening slightly to the barrel of a gun in his face. Forcing the door closed. W shooting thru the door, then pushing his way in.
Aaaaaand, I've probably watched way too many murder mysteries when I can write a dramatic scenario like that. LOL

ETA: I can't figure why it's said CR1's body was more decomposed. The way it's worded doesn't seem like it's just a few minutes more. That's how I read it.
Did the shooter sit and talk to GR for a while?

I’ve wondered about CRSR AS WELL. I WONDER IF HIS WAS the body or one of the bodies that was moved. And those answers won’t come until we have more info from either the preliminary hearing or the first trial itself.

I believe that in order for the ME to include it in the report it may have been significant decomp but I’m not ready to commit to that yet. It could have been a fact that LE asked to watch for to determine or help determine the kill order.

Regardless, those questions and subsequent determinations clearly shows me that everyone (LE) was at their best. I would imagine there was significant shock, anger and confusion for a time that morning after LE realized the sheer size of the crime scene. And especially to see people they knew and were part of the community violently murdered. But after Reader called in help, I believe all LE KNEW they had to get past the hillbilly bs and run the investigation exceptionally well. I also believe Reader was probably informed by multiple friends and relatives at the scene exactly who did it and the motive. I think LE knew before they had a second cup of coffee and before BCI arrived.

The investigative team, from DeWine and Reader and eventually Junk quickly assessed the situation and had a preliminary investigative plan within a couple of hours. And the Pike County Sheriffs Department, and the other Sheriffs in the area who. Responded to Readers request to help can all be proud of the job they accomplished.

Reader isn't any BOSS HOG, and Pike County is very fortunate to have him as Sheriff.

In Las Vegas we are very very fortunate to have a Sheriff who has the same skill set and more importantly is extremely devoted to this community, Sheriff Joe Lombardo. During the shooting incident and subsequent investigation Sheriff Lombardo showed every magnificent qualities and knowledgeable talent Sheriff Reader did on a different scale. But both men, and every support staff they employ was equally devoted to their community.

Last edited:
That makes sense. But how and why was he more decomposed? Him and Gary were in the same home but not killed at the same time.

IMO, there’s gonna be way more to this story. The unredacted preliminary autopsies suggested Chris was awake and saw his killers arrive. We know now there was a forged custody agreement and I think it’s safe to say Chris wouldn’t have greeted the W’s with open arms when he saw them arrive.

I think CR1 was killed earlier. I think that's what necessitated him being drug back down the hall. To hide his body from GR. Then I think two of them waited for him to arrive to kill him also. I think I remember GRs dad saying he was shot with two different kinds of bullets.

Never!

I was just thinking;
All this talk about Walmart; Most hunters in rural places that don't have a lot of options, would go to Walmart to get hunting supplies. If their home photos of the Peterson Rd home, were any indication, the Ws were good at one thing, and that was hunting.

Some of us talked about the murderers possibly being hunters. The Ws may have taken what they knew about hunting deer, boar, and turkey, and applied the patience, and scouting of their prey's habitat (stalking), and applied it to humans. They then just went to their usual hunting supply store, Walmart, to obtain what they needed for their hunt. Just because one can do one thing well, doesn't mean they are a candidate for Mensa.

I've not seen anything like this family before. Instead of the DP, maybe take that off the table if they'll allow criminologists to study them, and will agree to leave their brains to science.
Many DP ers are so arrogant about their specialness, they let scientists study them exhaustively. No plea deal necessary.
I’ll bet —the evidence not withstanding—this whole family thinks they’re candidates for Mensa.

We've discussed those theories a great deal since the murders, too, but that's not the evidence that LE put forward. In fact, LE said months later that none of the Rhoden vehicles or equipment were stolen and returned them to the family. CR1 was murdered and wouldn't have the chance to hide away any stolen parts, etc. OTOH, GWIII (I like to call him "3 sticks") had a past felony conviction for theft/receiving stolen property. A lot of it.

If any of the Wags know of someone connected to CR1's grow op who had a reason to kill the family, they'll be allowed to present that evidence in court as part of their defense.

Betty. You and I agree on so much in this case.

I think DEWine and Reader said it best (paraphrasing here) ‘The reason this happened was over the control and custody of a child, secondary was an undercurrent if drugs and money ‘. That pretty much says it all except to agree everything about this case is “BIZARRE”.

I’ve wondered about CRSR AS WELL. I WONDER IF HIS WAS the body or one of the bodies that was moved. And those answers won’t come until we have more info from either the preliminary hearing or the first trial itself.

I believe that in order for the ME to include it in the report it may have been significant decomp but I’m not ready to commit to that yet. It could have been a fact that LE asked to watch for to determine or help determine the kill order.

Regardless, those questions and subsequent determinations clearly shows me that everyone (LE) was at their best. I would imagine there was significant shock, anger and confusion for a time that morning after LE realized the sheer size of the crime scene. And especially to see people they knew and were part of the community violently murdered. But after Reader called in help, I believe all LE KNEW they had to get past the hillbilly bs and run the investigation exceptionally well. I also believe Reader was probably informed by multiple friends and relatives at the scene exactly who did it and the motive. I think LE knew before they had a second cup of coffee and before BCI arrived.

The investigative team, from DeWine and Reader and eventually Junk quickly assessed the situation and had a preliminary investigative plan within a couple of hours. And the Pike County Sheriffs Department, and the other Sheriffs in the area who. Responded to Readers request to help can all be proud of the job they accomplished.

Reader isn't any BOSS HOG, and Pike County is very fortunate to have him as Sheriff.

In Las Vegas we are very very fortunate to have a Sheriff who has the same skill set and more importantly is extremely devoted to this community, Sheriff Joe Lombardo. During the shooting incident and subsequent investigation Sheriff Lombardo showed every magnificent qualities and knowledgeable talent Sheriff Reader did on a different scale. But both men, and every support staff they employ was equally devoted to their community.
The indictments contain charges for moving the bodies of Chris and/or Gary.

I was raised in Appalachia, still have family there (not far from this tragedy) and I was raised with avid hunters. I can tell you they don't go to Walmart to get their hunting gear. Just to clear that up. Tractor Supply, Southern States, Cabelas, lots of places, but usually not Walmart. Not for serious hunters anyway.
Sounds about right.

I’m not inclined to the “they just applied their hunting skills and attitudes” theory from unthread. I don’t think hunters go to Walmart to buy new game animal footwear so as to blend in with does, coons, bears, and “leave no trace”.

BBM. That was a mean little poky house that looked like it needed a woman's touch. I guess Angela wasn't into making a home clean and comfortable.
The red house? It looked like something a horror writer might conjure up, and the horrific omnipresence of the dead heads overlooking the pictured room. I'd be haunted (and in my family many enjoy hunting) by the stares of these poor critters.

I think her housekeeping might've been victim of the habits of her household. It would be demanding if not impossible to keep up after 3 grown men while homeschooling the granzillas and raising fancy porkers to sell online with your web prowess which also takes time.

Oh, and watch lots of TV murder mystery stuff.

We've discussed those theories a great deal since the murders, too, but that's not the evidence that LE put forward. In fact, LE said months later that none of the Rhoden vehicles or equipment were stolen and returned them to the family. CR1 was murdered and wouldn't have the chance to hide away any stolen parts, etc. OTOH, GWIII (I like to call him "3 sticks") had a past felony conviction for theft/receiving stolen property. A lot of it.

If any of the Wags know of someone connected to CR1's grow op who had a reason to kill the family, they'll be allowed to present that evidence in court as part of their defense.

BBM

We've discussed those theories a great deal since the murders,

I think every theory we could possibly imagine has been discussed ad nauseam in the last 2 1/2 years on here. We even joked at one time that maybe it was aliens from outer space. But it all boiled down to the W's and child custody long before the arrests. Either they did it personally or they hired someone to do it. Turns out they did it themselves.

JMO

It's not a big jump to murder 8 people and then discuss "taking revenge" on a special agent, DeWine and Sheriff Reader if they were arrested.

Special Prosecutor Angie Canepa told the court that a confidential informant told them of a meeting at Wagner's home with her family members that included talk of "taking revenge" on a special agent, DeWine and Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader if arrests were made.
Suspect in killings of daughter's mother and family sought custody just 6 days after the murders

Don't forget that the CI said they discussed taking revenge on any of their own family members that were not arrested "if they turned".

The W's went from killing 8 members of someone else's family to discussing killing members of their own family who might turn against them.

These are very dangerous people and they are right where they belong.

JMO

@Myland - if you have information to offer I hope you've shared it with LE. And I say that with no snark intended! As has been mentioned many of us here have been watching, talking, reading, absorbing everything for the last 2.5 years. If you go back and read the previous threads you will see that the questions you now have probably have been discussed over and over. We don't deal with rumor. We deal with what has been given to us mostly LE and MSM. It's a daunting task but reading these threads will be invaluable to you (or anyone not up to date).

BBM

have been discussed over and over.

And over and over and over.

I noticed in the indictments that there are charges for moving the bodies of CR1 and/or GR. That in itself has left me with some questions. We know from BJM’s 911 call that CR1 and GR were discovered in the bedroom. She also stated it looked like they’d been drug to the bedroom (paraphrasing). We know from media reports that GR was moved and placed over CR1. We’ve never been told that CR1’s body was moved, until the indictments.

The unredacted preliminary autopsies revealed that CR1 was shot atleast once through a door. Here’s where I’m becoming confused. BJM never mentioned seeing bullet holes in the front door of CR1’s home. I’ve assumed that the door CR1 was shot through was the door to the bedroom that he was found in. BUT how could he be shot through that bedroom door, found in the bedroom, yet his body was moved.

Keep in mind the unredacted preliminary autopsies also revealed CR1 was more decomposed than the other victims.

So where was the location (either in the home or somewhere else) that CR1 was shot and how and why was he more decomposed?

There is a good possibility that CR1 was more decomposed than the others due to the higher number of wounds that he sustained and the fact that he may have been dragged across a floor that probably wasn’t the cleanest. That would have given various bacteria more places to enter the body.

What was found on October the 30th was the final piece of evidence need to put the Wagner's in jail, and the reason Kenneth was killed was the Wagner's was afraid he would kill them after what they did, why do you think they came in the middle of the night!

I agree with you. But I think that LE took 2 1/2 years to make the arrests so they could gather as much evidence as they could.

Big Chris had his own dozed and backhoe which can earn $65 per hour he did construction work, Dana sold cars online and worked in a nursing home so where do you think they got the money to pay down on their home, Bill or Angela didn't work!

Bulldozer and backhoe operators that own their own equipment charge anywhere from 250.00 to 500.00 per hour here.

I know this because I own some property that had a lot of rough spots preventing it from being mowed. I wanted it leveled off so I got estimates from three places, two companies and one individual who owned a bulldozer and dump truck. Company one ....500.00 per hour. Company two....450.00 per hour. The individual....250.00 per hour.

I noticed in the indictments that there are charges for moving the bodies of CR1 and/or GR. That in itself has left me with some questions. We know from BJM’s 911 call that CR1 and GR were discovered in the bedroom. She also stated it looked like they’d been drug to the bedroom (paraphrasing). We know from media reports that GR was moved and placed over CR1. We’ve never been told that CR1’s body was moved, until the indictments.

The unredacted preliminary autopsies revealed that CR1 was shot atleast once through a door. Here’s where I’m becoming confused. BJM never mentioned seeing bullet holes in the front door of CR1’s home. I’ve assumed that the door CR1 was shot through was the door to the bedroom that he was found in. BUT how could he be shot through that bedroom door, found in the bedroom, yet his body was moved.

Keep in mind the unredacted preliminary autopsies also revealed CR1 was more decomposed than the other victims.

So where was the location (either in the home or somewhere else) that CR1 was shot and how and why was he more decomposed?
The only explanation for why CR (senior) was in a more advanced state of composition is that he was killed hours before the other Rhodens (unless the other Rhodens were put into refrigeration which we know didn't happen).

One or more of the evil Wagners went to Chris Sr.'s home and killed him first and then for hours waited in his home for GR to show up. Imagine sitting in a home for hours with a dead body while you are waiting to kill someone else. The Wagners are psychopaths!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member