OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pike County massacre: Experts struggle to describe how a child-custody dispute left 8 dead
Authorities investigating the 2016 Pike County, Ohio mass killing said this week the slaughter apparently arose out of a child-custody dispute. Domestic-violence experts say that while the details of the massacre are breathtaking, the motive is all too common.

[...]

Experts say lethal violence can occur amid struggles over who controls a child – just not on the scale of the Pike County massacre.

“Your case is like a once-in-a-century storm,” said Richard Gelles, professor of child welfare and development at the University of Pennsylvania. “I’ve never seen this many homicides involved in a custody dispute.”

[...]

“What’s unusual about this case is enlisting the family in a murder rooted in possessive rage or rooted in child custody,” said Ohio State’s Roth. “But in these cases, particularly in the year after the relationship ends, that’s when you have your highest risk of your murder occurring over custody or visitation. Or over the simple fact that a woman left.”
more...

Fox news always seems to have pivotal videos on this case:
Fredericka Wagner arrives at the courthouse
She almost seems feeble walking in and the guards are helping/guiding her very attentively. But, daaang... it all changed after she was granted bond. She grabbed her paperwork, eschewed the bailiffs and walked straight out of the courtroom. (I thought she'd yell, "get out of my way" especially after her OWN ATTORNEY said, “She's a tough old bird who's willing to express her opinion.”)
And at the very end of the next video, (Lexington arrest) female (RW, sister) can be heard saying to officer,
"That's mine." then I think she asks "Will I get my license back" (??? as in I.D.) or "will I get my lights?" The traffic noise in the background makes it difficult to understand. But she seems calm, cooperative, and plain spoken. Maybe that is just her normal personality.... maybe she always handles stressful situations well? I am sure LE (at the scene) appreciated her level headed demeanor.

It almost sounds like, Will I get my life back? &

BUIBM
She may just be relieved it is all over. She is possibly the CI and even knew they were going to be coming for them soon. If she is the CI, I don't think I'd want to stay there at home with mother W now.

How frightfully cold-blooded and soulless the W family must be. Gives me chills to think they saw and spoke with these people regularly face to face while they were plotting their deaths.

I know CR1 was hit the most (9 shots?) as he was awake and attempted to defend himself. But if I read correctly, the next highest bullet counts were to DR and HG, who were each shot 5 times in the face. Does this seem like an even deeper level of hatred towards these two women? Almost makes me think AW shot them. JMO.

That’s what I think.

I think aw went to dana’s, gw went to christopher’s, george junior went to frankie’s & jake went to kenneth’s. Jmo

DeWine said police had also arrested Billy Wagner’s mother Fredericka Wagner and Angela’s mother Rita Newcomb for covering up the crime. by forging custody papers related to Jake and Hanna’s daughter, Sophia, who is now 5.

Wagner family members arrested in execution-style murders of Pike Co., OH family

Prosecutors allege Angela Wagner purchased several items in the months leading up to the slayings.
According to her indictment, that included “specific shoes from Walmart, ‘brass catcher(s),’ items with which to build ‘brass catchers,’ ammunition, a magazine clip, a ‘bug’ detector, and or items with which to build a ‘silencer(s),’ and/or various other items in preparation for these crimes."

That’s what I think.

I think aw went to dana’s, gw went to christopher’s, george junior went to frankie’s & jake went to kenneth’s. Jmo

I think they might have worked in pairs, especially going into FR's place, a home with 4 people (2 children) in it. Wouldn't one person wake, jump, scream, try to run - if the person sleeping next to them was shot?

And what if in any house someone got up to use the bathroom, or simply couldn't sleep? And unless light was streaming in through a window (was it a full moon that night?), how did the killers see clearly - they wouldn't risk a light switch.... were they wearing night vision gear?

How scary is it to be related to this family or have had business dealings with them, knowing now that they're capable of this..... :eek:

It almost sounds like, Will I get my life back? &

BUIBM
She may just be relieved it is all over. She is possibly the CI and even knew they were going to be coming for them soon. If she is the CI, I don't think I'd want to stay there at home with mother W now.
The Wagners are a toxic enmeshed family, therefore, Robin didn't snitch on her mommy. I was really surprised to learn that one of Fredericka's sons lived apart from her (a separate, non-enmeshed life) and had his own business (escaped from the toxic family). Fredericka's family likely looks upon him as the black sheep.

Last edited:
I think they might have worked in pairs, especially going into FR's place, a home with 4 people (2 children) in it. Wouldn't one person wake, jump, scream, try to run - if the person sleeping next to them was shot?

And what if in any house someone got up to use the bathroom, or simply couldn't sleep? And unless light was streaming in through a window (was it a full moon that night?), how did the killers see clearly - they wouldn't risk a light switch.... were they wearing night vision gear?

How scary is it to be related to this family or have had business dealings with them, knowing now that they're capable of this..... :eek:

I don’t have facts on any of this, silencers were used, two people laying in bed asleep & someone with a silencer standing there could easily shot both in the head before one of the two could stop it. The biggest danger was getting to their rooms with out making noise while they sleep.

O/T

I work odd hours. I am awake and drinking coffee most nights between 2am -5am I never turn on lights, I sometimes vacuum with the only light from the vacuum. I can see very well at night, especially in the woods. Weird I know.

I think they may take a plea from one, if one rolls on the main conspirator(s), but I believe that the people want a trial, and want maximum penalty for something like this. If this were a shootout between two drug dealers and their crews, we might see some pleas for LWOP. This is four people who murdered a 16 y.o. boy, they had watched grow up, JW had even attended Derbies with the Rs and Ms, iirc, HMR practically lived with them until the break up, went on vacation with them, was the mother of his child, and their grandchild. Babies were in those homes, next to young parents. This was especially heinous, and I am not sure that it would be a good political move, to just grant them all a plea bargain. Personally, I'd toss in a few bucks toward the trial, to get to watch them on the witness stand.

rsd, I agree with you. I don't see plea agreements for this case. Maybe one, as you said, especially if that one more fully secures the DP cases against the others. I hope if a plea bargain is offered that it's on the condition of the most thorough allocution we've ever heard.

It keeps running through my mind that Chris Jr. was found behind the headboard of a bed, trying so hard to live through the attack.

Just that one murder alone is so chilling, let alone the overall depravity that it would take to wipe out 8 people. All of the planning, and all of the opportunities to back out and to make a different choice.

Maybe it was FW's husband, was his death imminent and expected? If so, could have been in an effort to relieve his conscious on his death bed, knowing there would be no retaliation that could be had. Maybe too far fetched...but at this point, not out of the realm of possibility either.[/QUOT
That’s what I think.

That's good thought! I have tried to figure out the scenario, I thought perhaps the the men did the killings, while mom was on lookout. I bet these folks never locked a door at night, being a trusting county setting.

Oh my lands! Close to the cross??? I don't think so!

If that's the best lawyer that money can buy in southern Ohio, I'd be asking for a refund. What odious sound bites/headlines! As a Christian, I'm offended by his words. As a citizen of the great state of Ohio, I'm appalled. And as a reasonably intelligent person, I'm simply aghast! Close to the cross!?! More innocent than members of the prosecution? Is he trying to convict her himself?? His statements would be truly laughable if the whole affair weren't so terribly tragic!

I thought it was said they used cameras to spy on the Rhodens. Maybe game cams or something. If Chris Sr.'s cam had internet acess, they may have hacked it...

For some reason, I thought the trail cams belonged to the Rhodens, and that they installed them for security reasons. Also, I think I recall one cam being missed by the killers. Can anyone help out my failing recall? TIA

Yes, you are correct. There is a procedure. I was granted g-parent visitation in Franklin County Ohio Domestic Court, if visitation is in the best interest of the child, and if a relationship has already been established. Then my son married the baby momma........my case was dropped. No more visitation!

I am sooooo sorry!! That's AWFUL.

So, I am not sure why this is blowing my mind... but it is.
FW created the BREED American Mastiff. I can't imagine the $$$.
I feel as though you have to be fairly smart, as she crossed the American Mastiff and Anatolian Mastiff, in order to achieve a dog with fewer health problems, as well as a "dyer mouth." I would love to know her "worth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member