OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the 911 call by Bobby. It sounds like she says "back in the bedroom" to someone else before she hears the 911 operator come on. Does anyone hear that? I also hear background noise that sounds like other people. I don't think she was alone when she made the call.

I don't blame her for calling a relative first before 911 if she did. I live 2 minutes from my parents, and my plan if I need help is to call them first and then 911, because they will be here quicker than police, since we live in the country.

I feel like the other 911 caller uses a strange choice of words considering the situation. Especially how he asks for a deputy instead of just for help. He sounds almost too calm, considering all of the day's events, and the fact that if he had stayed the night he would also be dead.

I am starting to think it may have been blackmail gone wrong... and that it could involve the rogue somebody mentioned in an earlier post.

Regarding the 911 call by Bobby. It sounds like she says "back in the bedroom" to someone else before she hears the 911 operator come on. Does anyone hear that? I also hear background noise that sounds like other people. I don't think she was alone when she made the call.

I don't blame her for calling a relative first before 911 if she did. I live 2 minutes from my parents, and my plan if I need help is to call them first and then 911, because they will be here quicker than police, since we live in the country.

I feel like the other 911 caller uses a strange choice of words considering the situation. Especially how he asks for a deputy instead of just for help. He sounds almost too calm, considering all of the day's events, and the fact that if he had stayed the night he would also be dead.

Yes I heard her talking before and likely she found Frankie and Hannah and then called her dad and brother and the other discoveries were made.

There is a Uranium enrichment plant there...which was supposed to boom the economy with a cutting edge new technology but in 2015 that was halted and it was a big blow to the region.

In my community there is one big employer that is a chicken processing plant- you would know the name. And a lot of locals are chicken farmers for this plant. A lot of locals work at this plant- it is open 24 hours with three shifts. But a lot of people don't work. They buy and fix things and sell them- cars, motorcycles etc. They claim disability- even if they could work. They are content with very little, and a lot of the entertainment factors revolve around fire pits or hanging out in the parking lot of the local grocery store.

Thank you as well for the info :)

The word that keeps pounding in my head is "betrayal."

And I imagine it probably goes beyond the family.

Does this family remind anyone else of the book Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell?

Just a completely foreign culture and way of life (to me). I thought it was fiction.

If what you are saying is true someone is not being truthful.

Leonard and possibly Bobby SAID Bobby found Frankie and Hannah before she found Chris and Gary.

When she called 911 she said her brother in law, that is Chris. If they are being truthful about who they discovered first, she didn't tell 911 about Frankie and Hannah.

I don't know how to explain it anymore clearly.

Simplest explanations are right more than they're wrong.

To data, the only one that has said Bobby Jo went in Frankie/HHM trailer first is LM. We know Bobby Jo was in both trailer ("finding your 6 month old nephew covered in blood") but the order was Chris Jr/Gary trailer. Call Dad. Call 911(10-20 minute response time for LEO). BJM enters Frankie/HHM trailer.

1) Bobby did exactly as she said and entered LM was simply confused.

2) LM was recalling the order that HE entered the trailers once he got there and before LEO arrived. I'm assuming of course that LM is the type that's not going to wait around and depend on LEO.

BJM could be telling the truth.

eta: another thought that goes along with this is that the first arriving deputy would have most likely come in via RT 32 and would have gotten "flagged down" at the 3122 address before ever getting to 4077 & 4199. It may have been the 2nd or even 3rd responding unit that finally arrived at the latter two addresses.

Question I'd like to see answered:

Why was the money at Kenny's feet.

Was it a "here's your money, *&#@!", bang.

Or was it spilled while robbing him. I mean, really if you've just shot a man in the head so you can steal his money and some of the cash falls out of the bag/box/container, are you going to stick around long enough to round up the spilled bills (mixed with the victim's blood..) or are you going to take what is still in the bag/box/container and get the heck out of there?

I'm back to robbery or revenge.
I've thought robbery or revenge. We don't know how much cash they had in the house or what if anything is missing from the house.

They won't talk about a motive but I'm not convinced they are keeping that quiet, just maybe there are a lot of motives and they aren't sure which one yet.

If I was sleuthing this like my class in Public Policy, I would be saying that a "special interest group" was the perp lol. So if I apply that logic to this case it makes me wonder if they weren't informants, they were targeted by someone "above the law". Just my opinion and I'm tired and have to actually go do homework. It's kind of cray to be in college at 60, but it's a lot like sleuthing :thinking:

Does anyone know what the "horned" hand signal means in that part of Ohio?

So she found bodies at one scene (doesn't matter who/which location for the sake of my question) and then came across more bodies before police got there.
Why didn't she call 911 again when discovering the second group? If she called 911 as soon as she came upon the first bodies, then I think its logical that she or whomever is with her would have called back and said "OMG, there are more".

Is there a media thread for this case? It's nearly impossible to catch up! Here's a recent article detailing the DEA's involvement. Apologies if it has already been posted... it's all I can do to read the first few/last few pages of each thread before another one develops!
http://whtc.com/news/articles/2016/...ohio-probe-of-eight-family-members-shot-dead/

I would love a media page. All of the pages are just going around in circles - I can't find where info is coming from for anything new.

For non nurses like me who had to look this up before. Soft tissue bruising:

A Soft tissue injury (STI) is the damage of muscles, ligaments and tendons throughout the body. Common soft tissue injuries usually occur from a sprain, strain, a one off blow resulting in a contusion or overuse of a particular part of the body.

That was a struggle or fight.

This sucks. RIP Rhoden family. RIH.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_tissue_injury

Simplest explanations are right more than they're wrong.

To data, the only one that has said Bobby Jo went in Frankie/HHM trailer first is LM. We know Bobby Jo was in both trailer ("finding your 6 month old nephew covered in blood") but the order was Chris Jr/Gary trailer. Call Dad. Call 911(10-20 minute response time for LEO). BJM enters Frankie/HHM trailer.

1) Bobby did exactly as she said and entered LM was simply confused.

2) LM was recalling the order that HE entered the trailers once he got there and before LEO arrived. I'm assuming of course that LM is the type that's not going to wait around and depend on LEO.

BJM could be telling the truth.
I'm not saying she is lying, but.. I wish I knew where that article was.. I'm almost positive she told a media person also she found Frankie first also.

The cops just made it sound like family went in one house only when this first happened. They haven't addressed they went in all houses.

But again, that DA does pressers weird and doesn't address a lot. It is just different than what the cops have said and it could have a simple explanation for it. If she didn't tell them it could just be her distrust of cops.. They were running a grow operation.

I still don't get them coming back at 3 AM and accusing her and questioning more, but finding out she was there earlier and went in another house and didn't tell them would make that 3 am accusation make more sense to me.

Does this family remind anyone else of the book Winter's Bone by Daniel Woodrell?

Just a completely foreign culture and way of life (to me). I thought it was fiction.

I love your honesty here. This case is a good reminder that we are all so different and opens your eyes to a whole new culture and way of life. This case for me means so much more than the sleuthing.

My hope is that everyone in their sleuthing takes time to research the culture and doesn't just look at this family as what they present at face value. I am not saying that you are, I just quoted you because I liked what you said.

So she found bodies at one scene (doesn't matter who/which location for the sake of my question) and then came across more bodies before police got there.
Why didn't she call 911 again when discovering the second group? If she called 911 as soon as she came upon the first bodies, then I think its logical that she or whomever is with her would have called back and said "OMG, there are more".

Why would you call back when they're already on the way? It's not going to make them get here any faster.

Does anyone know what the "horned" hand signal means in that part of Ohio?

Is it being held upright or sideways? And is the thumb out in addition to the pointer and pinky?

If it is being held sideways, and a male is doing it, it means something sexual. I won't explain it, in case it is being held upright, because you are better off not knowing. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams