OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then there is HR and her child. Why are some of the children with the State and not relatives? Is the family trying to at least get custody of HR's baby? If not, why? What about FR & HG's baby? Who has him/her?
I don't like that the state seems to think the next of kin aren't "safe" or whatever enough to surrender the kids.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They have told the next of kin to stay armed. They think that the relatives are in danger, so the children are not safe with the relatives if the relatives are a prospective target. JMO

Why would you call back when they're already on the way? It's not going to make them get here any faster.

Because it's not every day you find four dead bodies! I would call 911 immediately and tell them that they need to send a lot more units!

I love your honesty here. This case is a good reminder that we are all so different and opens your eyes to a whole new culture and way of life. This case for me means so much more than the sleuthing.

My hope is that everyone in their sleuthing takes time to research the culture and doesn't just look at this family as what they present at face value. I am not saying that you are, I just quoted you because I liked what you said.
I get some of it, one side of my family is good ole country rednecks which has some things that can be similar, but this culture goes further.

Understanding the distrust of whomever they consider outsiders is really key also. Country people do that to a certain extent, but it can be accepted and part of them right away if you want to be. With this culture it seems wanting to be accepted might really get you on the suspicious list and you may never be accepted.

My country relatives handle things in ways I never would and I don't understand, but it is in their DNA for generations. My mom went to work for a while, them got married and my Daddy joined the Army so we became the "city folk" and my mom is so different than my aunt and uncle and my grandmother.

If one of my uncle's animals gets sick, he is going to put it down himself, unless it is one of his cows, then he will spend a fortune. Me, my animal will go to the vet and if nothing can be done the vet will give it a shot.

This culture also seems to be very closely related because they don't accept outsiders.

Why would you call back when they're already on the way? It's not going to make them get here any faster.
I think I would call back if I found more bodies because at that point I would be leaving.

Because it's not every day you find four dead bodies! I would call 911 immediately and tell them that they need to send a lot more units!

I didn't mean you shouldn't. But I doubt if it would even occur to me as a possibility. And that's assuming I was coherent enough by then to even talk. I'd have been either catatonic or hysterical.

I don't know what to think. I've run every scenario through my head from cartels to jealous lovers.
I don't understand why DR moved closer to CR1. I don't understand why BJM was employed by her ExBIL as a housekeeper/maid.
I am beginning to wonder if there was a relationship budding there or an affair that split DR and CR1 up. If so, is it relevant?
We can all pretty much agree that it was someone known to the dogs at least, but then where are the dogs?
Is it possible that the dogs were killed and LE hasn't found them yet?
Then there is HR and her child. Why are some of the children with the State and not relatives? Is the family trying to at least get custody of HR's baby? If not, why? What about FR & HG's baby? Who has him/her?
I don't like that the state seems to think the next of kin aren't "safe" or whatever enough to surrender the kids.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
DR moved closer to CR1 because they had kids together, were likely still together occasionally, he bought her house and it made life easier for all involved just like any other family in a similar situation. They were divorced but friendly, or as Dana put it, "It's complicated".

BJM was housekeepr (and most likely a grow helper, imo) because Chris Sr. had illegitimate cash that he needed to spend. I figure BJM likely had a limited set of employment skills. It gave her money, relieved him of a job that most divorced guys don't like doing (cleaning house), and likely bought her help with the grow and hence, silence. I won't comment on any relationship between BJM and Chris Sr. Personally I doubt it, but either way I doubt that is related to the motive, I mean if BJM went off, why travel 10 minutes S to take out Kenny?

I think the dogs are being given way too much credence. I have a GSD that will take your arm off. If someone comes over that is known to me, I put him up.

According to the post from the moderators last night we're not supposed to sleuth the kids so I'm going to pull a Dewine and say, "no comment".

I think you are all making valid points about why someone would or would not call 911 back. I think it really depends on the person, just like everyone's reaction or suspected reaction on here shows. I know I'd probably run but that's me, not others.

Also, if they don't come up with something to tell us soon, I fear they won't at all. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me, but I always fear these situations will become cold cases--and yes, I know I am jumping the gun on that one!! All JMO

My eyes are crossed. I have looked at 58585848282 sm posts. Been to places that shouldn't allow, much less encourage comments. And y'all know what? I'm no smarter.

Frankie was only about 15 then. I wonder when his parents divorced and how old Brandon was at that time. Teen drama.
Wow doesn't seem like they would have been that young, but I keep forgetting Dana wasn't even 40.

DEA Veteran Weighs In on Pike Co Murders

http://local12.com/news/local/dea-veteran-weighs-in-on-pike-county-murders

Russ Neville joined the Drug Enforcement Administration in August 1985. When he retired in 2012, he was the resident agent in charge of the Cincinnati DEA office. He has battled drug dealers all over the world.

When he heard details of the Pike County murders, he formed a theory, "It was definitely professional. You have four locations pinpointed. Surveilled, mapped out. This is something those houses and those families have been watched, they know what time they go to bed they know what time they got up, they knew what their daily activities were. They knew the entry to get in the fastest and how to get out."

ETA: Video of interview at link. Very informative, this guy is an expert and he explains a great deal about what likely happened. He says its possible they will never be caught.

ETA2: He says something that isn't printed in the article, at about 1:50. He says "You would have to have somebody inside that had turned and made a deal, who had got arrested for something else and provided this information." BBM

DEA Veteran Weighs In on Pike Co Murders

http://local12.com/news/local/dea-veteran-weighs-in-on-pike-county-murders

ETA: Video of interview at link. Very informative, this guy is an expert and he explains a great deal about what likely happened. He says its possible they will never be caught.

I'm still not on the cartel train, but a previous poster here (can't remember who sorry!) and this DEA vet mentioned maybe military training.

I had wondered way upthread if the killers were recognizable to the family if they covered their face (tactical gear maybe?) so not to be recognized by the 3 year old. I think they'd want intended victims to see their faces but still might have coverings for when they leave and the children just in case.

Do we know if anyone in the core related families spent time in the military? Do people in the community often join the military?

Just brainstorming all kinds of ideas so to not have tunnel vision!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just did not go back far enough.

I don't think this is much, just a hormonal 15 year old kid who seems to get very emotional over breakups and was mouthing off on facebook about his family.

Hannas baby was born April 18. She was induced. Fact

I didn't argue question that at all - she always asked for him to watch over her family so it makes sense if Hanna was due that day. The implication in the original post was that DR asked for prayers because she knew something bad might happen as in related to the murders. I don't think there is anything to that.

I'm still not on the cartel train, but a previous poster here (can't remember who sorry!) and this DEA vet mentioned maybe military training.

I had wondered way upthread if the killers were recognizable to the family if they covered their face (tactical gear maybe?) so not to be recognized by the 3 year old. I think they'd want intended victims to see their faces but still might have coverings for when they leave and the children just in case.

Do we know if anyone in the core related families spent time in the military? Do people in the community often join the military?

Just brainstorming all kinds of ideas so to not have tunnel vision!

I agree with the retired DEA agent. He spent 30 years dealing with these drug gangs here in southern Ohio. These were a team of professional killers. The family would not have recognized them, but any survivors could have given a description of them. It seems they do these mass killings to make a statement, to gain maximum impact and generate fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams