OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These threads are moving so fast I cannot keep up. I just started page 3 yesterday and we are already on 4. Very sad article about Chris Sr.'s mom having a conversation with (another) son only a week before saying she did not want to be buried in the family plot. (Ky)
Instead, she wanted to be buried in Ohio, were she and her family live.
Her son didn't want her to be buried "all alone." :frown:

from article below ~
“I told her, ‘Mom, I don’t want you to be there by yourself," he said. As he recalled the story on Tuesday, the grief overtook him, and his big and strong laborer’s body folded in on itself. The sobs shook his body. “Now I’ve got five to go in there. Where do you start? What do you do? I’m just lost.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/04/27/rhoden-relative-a-man-cant-bear-it.html

I wondered if the perps had military/LE training when I first looked at this.
That's what I've been thinking. Kinda wondered if CR1, GR, KR, had been working uc b/c of maybe getting busted, and maybe a couple people was about to get outed. So, they acted before that could happen. The thought of spending a long time in prison may make some folks do things they would normally not do. jat

Post 1069 from thread #3...

sherbetjello
sherbetjello is online now Where is Kyron?

He is admitting to finding marijuana in 2010 (23,000 plants), and 2012 (2,100 plants).

He says that people were camping out near these plants that they found.

He is saying be careful calling it a cartel. He believes it were people from Mexico and involved with organized crime. (???)

BBM.....do you have a link or any more Information on this? ( bolded statements )

if true....I can only imagine the " Mexican Cartel " theory's that will flood in ( If LE doesn't find the person/s responsible)

Demo derbies are pretty popular but dirt track racing is bigger around here. It's a weekly thing from April til October. Demo derbies aren't as frequent. Think of them as a county fair type event.

This is why the whole "$3000 demo derby car" doesn't make sense to me. The rear struts rusted out of my daughter's old car last year and we had several demo derby people interested in it. The impression I got is they usually buy cheapo junker type cars because they just bash them up anyway. I'm not interested in those types of things so I don't know much about it, but that's my takeaway from the encounters with those demo derby people.

Hm, now that's interesting, if someone was trying to pin it on Kenneth, first they knew the whole family and they were covering for themselves. Kind of makes me think more about what DeWine said. "This was a preplanned execution of eight individuals," DeWine said. "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

This could esp be true if dollar bills were thrown on Kenneth, if they were drug dealings it would be higher bills. It would be cheaper just to thrown dollar bills for the killers. Also why there was only shot to him, just take him out as if he killed himself after killing the others.
Maybe it WAS set up to "look like" a suicide? IMO (most) family killings end up with a suicide. However, the few cases in my head recently the children were killed as well.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Early on I saw on someone's page a video, cops everywhere and people saying "they killed him". I don't think I saw it on a victim's page but the sister of the person the video was about, which had to be connected some way for me to find it. I wonder if that was this video. I didn't keep watching it or search it out more because I didn't see it was connected..

The video is on CRjr's Facebook, from about a month ago, actually.

ETA: it's quite interesting to listen to. JMO.

This is why the whole "$3000 demo derby car" doesn't make sense to me. The rear struts rusted out of my daughter's old car last year and we had several demo derby people interested in it. The impression I got is they usually buy cheapo junker type cars because they just bash them up anyway. I'm not interested in those types of things so I don't know much about it, but that's my takeaway from the encounters with those demo derby people.
Well that was the whole thing, they usually aren't worth much, maybe $500. Some Derby person said an expensive one would be about $2000 and his was worth about $3000.

I don't know how fierce rivalries are in these things.

Maybe it WAS set up to "look like" a suicide? IMO (most) family killings end up with a suicide. However, the few cases in my head recently the children were killed as well.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Yep, and if it was set up like that, it would be suspects worried about getting caught so I doubt they'd live too far out of the area.

This cash strewn on the dead body sounds very 'gangster'. I'm curious what we all know about why law enforcement pulled over and interviewed Isaiah Jones. I saw an article in which he was being interviewed in which he swears he's innocent but admits at the end of the interview that he thinks he's still considered a suspect. When looking into his background a bit it seems he is from Baltimore but now lives in Waverly. He says he has an iron clad alibi of being at work during the times of the shootings. Apparently some racist words were exchanged between him and a member of the Rhoden family (use of the N word, etc)<modsnip> Isaiah also gave DNA and had his home searched. LE must have some substantial reason to do that and it might be more than just a threat on Facebook. Also has several kids out of wedlock for what it's worth. Of course all of this could be completely wrong as well...just a theory worth thinking about.

Here's the link: http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

I'm sure that some of the exchanges made him look suspicious.

But--has he moved to Baltimore, Maryland, or Baltimore, Ohio?

Frankie had a FB post upset with family a while back, can't remember how long ago.. And there was some interesting comment from a relative on there.

Via @jbalmert

Pike County murder records slowly released

Jessie Balmert, Gannett Ohio

Law enforcement released a redacted incident report Wednesday evening, nearly a week into a massive, eight-victim homicide investigation in Pike County. The report revealed two men were found dead in the back bedroom, and there was a large amount of blood on the living room floor.

The name of the person reporting the crime was redacted to protect that person's physical safety, said Dan Tierney, spokesman for Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine.

The report was released after the Enquirer and Gannett Ohio published a report about the delays. DeWine's office received the incident report from the Pike County Sheriff's Office Wednesday morning and released it later that day after redacting some information.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...murder-records-still-being-withheld/83603968/

This incident report was generated from the first 911 call, so it's a reasonable assumption (IMO) at this time that the two men were Christopher Rhoden, Sr. and his cousin, Gary Rhoden.

Kudos to Gannett Ohio for pushing for compliance with Ohio open records laws, even though the end result at this point seems somewhat lacking in substantive information.

This cash strewn on the dead body sounds very 'gangster'. I'm curious what we all know about why law enforcement pulled over and interviewed Isaiah Jones. I saw an article in which he was being interviewed in which he swears he's innocent but admits at the end of the interview that he thinks he's still considered a suspect. When looking into his background a bit it seems he is from Baltimore but now lives in Waverly. He says he has an iron clad alibi of being at work during the times of the shootings. Apparently some racist words were exchanged between him and a member of the Rhoden family (use of the N word, etc) <modsnip> Isaiah also gave DNA and had his home searched. LE must have some substantial reason to do that and it might be more than just a threat on Facebook. Also has several kids out of wedlock for what it's worth. Of course all of this could be completely wrong as well...just a theory worth thinking about.

Here's the link: http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

I read early on that his mother brought him in right away to clear up any suspicions if LE may have had. Wouldn't the DNA gathered from the scene pretty much rule in or out whether the perp(s) were African American ?

Well that was the whole thing, they usually aren't worth much, maybe $500. Some Derby person said an expensive one would be about $2000 and his was worth about $3000.

I don't know how fierce rivalries are in these things.

I am not familiar with the cost of derby cars but my husband has a dirt track car and most people would be floored by how expensive it is. People spend thousands upon thousands of dollars a season. It's insanely expensive.

With the DA there, it sounds like they're building their case. They have their sights on a person/persons and don't want to screw it up hence the wonky pressers.... I think an arrest isn't too far off.

I think so too

BJ cares for the animals (or whatever) each morning. I have been wondering why she went into the house at all. When I take care of my sisters animals, I never go inside the house. Especially if the family might be inside sleeping. Everything would be in the barn. Why go in the house at all? Was it because some of the dogs were missing?
She may have seen that their cars were home and went over to say Hi, and to see why they were home. I would. I'd think they were sick or something especially with them having children, and just drop in to see if they needed anything.

Is a derby cars value based on looks or engine/how it runs?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Derby cars aren't made to be nice on the outside, it's typically the parts under the hood that are very costly.

One article or either the interview with Leonard, said that Bobby also cleaned Chris's house. Maybe she was planning on cleaning, but.. I swear we heard earlier that she went into Frankie's house first. That would indicate something wrong or she had a routine of sometimes stopping on and visiting with Hannah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298