OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I think. Wouldn't people usually be stirring around by 7:30? Chris Jr would be headed to school etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Going by his parent's addresses there are two possible school districts he could have attended. One starts at 8am and the other at 7:30am. So by 7:30 he would have been gone already (the drive to the 8am school is a little less than half an hour from his mother's house).

I don't know where he (and Dana) lived before they moved to their current address so it's possible he's still attending his old school district. But most high schools start around those times so it's probably safe to say he usually would have left by 7:30am.

it is true about money scattered around one of the victims could be that the victim may have inquired about a hit on someone he had a beef with, maybe some backwoods buddy he put up to doing it and giving him a little money to handle it or maybe to inflict some kind of violence or harm without killing them. If it was something along those lines and the person couldn'tdo it or played the other side maybe heck could have went to do it and had to fess up maybe a not so smart relative or friend of victim but someway the target knows !!! Say target decides to handle him and the whole bunch or have it handled ..stay with me guys I'm trying to convey this theory.
When deed was done that amount was thrown at their feet like a smirk like here's your money back and that let's any others left alive that could possibly have known about it maybe the target wants them to know he knows and this is what happens so nobody will talk... Blood Money ... another scenario is the money was left as a retribution of sorts for the murders. I have included a link read about blood money be sure and read the next part also that you can click the arrow for more it talks about murders in sleep
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloo..._(restitution)
Last edited by mommasouth; Today at 05:02 PM.Reason: Didn't add the link properly

When I read his account as well as Leonards interviews, they seem more about needing to let people know that their dead loved ones were good, hard-working people. He even said his cousin paid child support to his ex as though that was unusual.

I agree. Unfortunately, in less affluent areas or in small communities where a lot of grudge holding and petty back-and-forth bickering is commonplace (and that certainly appears to be true here), a man paying child support probably is unusual.

Derby cars aren't made to be nice on the outside, it's typically the parts under the hood that are very costly.

I have been to a few Demo Derby events at Irwindale Speedway on the outskirts of LA. They are not a regular thing at that speedway, just a "special event" type thing that happens occasionally. People here DO make the outsides look pretty cool. Not perfect paint and body work or anything. But they do put some effort into making them look fierce. Most of them have a "schtick" or a theme. Like one guy is named Barefoot Billy because he drives barefoot, so he paints big feet all over the car. Others paint everything all black or put cool graffiti on them. That's why I went to look at Frankie's car, because I have been to a few events here, so I wanted to see what his "theme" is. Um, yah, let's just say he didn't put much effort in. Unless that thing had a newish big block V8 under the hood (And there is no reason anyone would do that) and was reinforced with some kind of invisible armor system -- there is no way it was worth $3000.

I just honestly think the demolition derby rivalry was NOT the motive. No way.

The money found on Kenneth's body seems significant. It is mentioned in the daily mail article.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html
I am not sure whether the $1000 is correct. The web address of the daily mail suggests it, but it is not
mentioned anywhere in the article. The headline of the the detroitnewstime article
http://www.detroitnewstime.com/regi...head,-reveals-man-who-found-horror-scene.html
states $1000, but I think this was taken from the web address. I think "detroitnewstime" is a less reliable source than "daily mail".
I've heard of the "detroit news" and "detroit free press" but not of "detroitnewstime". But I think the daily mail also makes errors. They satate that
there were more than 2000 plants fount at one scene. Did any other outlet confirm the number 2000? What I've read so far was 200 or so.

Oh well, what difference does a 0 make. Maybe the $1000, was $100, or $10 or $1.

If it was no more than $100, could it point to the killer(s) having expected much more money on Kenneth? That they were so disgusted and disappointed to not find the thousands of dollars they expected to find and just threw the 'little bit' they found back on him?

Yea, one that hasn't been mentioned at all IIRC. (The relative)
Back in the first thread someone was posting about a big guy in a green shirt that appeared to be handcuffed in a photo that posted on one of the news sites, that guy looked like he could be the cousin that made that comment a long time ago to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Does anyone know where Chris Jr's normal place of residence was? Did he live full time with Dana or elsewhere? Just trying to figure out if he normally slept in the same place he did the night he was killed.

Back in the first thread someone was posting about a big guy in a green shirt that appeared to be handcuffed in a photo that posted on one of the news sites, that guy looked like he could be the cousin that made that comment a long time ago to me.

Possibility, yes.

If Kenneth was hit to make in look like he killed himself after killing the family, then the money thrown around could've come from what was taken from the other's homes. It will be interesting to see if DNA from other family members is found on the bills. Also if they tried to pin it on Kenneth and the weapons used on him and the others doesn't match his guns the killers weren't thinking straight and aren't as professional as the AG made it sound like at first. The AG is backing down on it being more professional in the presser today, probably because at the time they were just investigating the crime scenes.

Going by his parent's addresses there are two possible school districts he could have attended. One starts at 8am and the other at 7:30am. So by 7:30 he would have been gone already (the drive to the 8am school is a little less than half an hour from his mother's house).

I don't know where he (and Dana) lived before they moved to their current address so it's possible he's still attending his old school district. But most high schools start around those times so it's probably safe to say he usually would have left by 7:30am.

He was a freshman at Piketon High School.

http://abc22now.com/news/local/school-leaders-remember-chris-rhoden-as-loyal-and-hardworking

Does anyone know where Chris Jr's normal place of residence was? Did he live full time with Dana or elsewhere? Just trying to figure out if he normally slept in the same place he did the night he was killed.
I haven't seen anything to indicate he didn't live with Dana but I don't know.

That was probably Dana's brother, because they impounded his truck also, which Leonard was livid about. They questioned Dana's brother and sister Bobbi a number of times. Leonard said they kept asking Bobbi how much did "they" pay her to kill her family.

That might tie in with the fact that Dana had only recently purchased the house.

I haven't seen anything to indicate he didn't live with Dana but I don't know.

Early on there was some confusion about where he was located...I may have misread, but originally I thought he was found where Kenneth was....then, later, It was said that he was at Dana's. I think he lived with Dana, and that's where he was found. NO? JMO

When I read his account as well as Leonards interviews, they seem more about needing to let people know that their dead loved ones were good, hard-working people. He even said his cousin paid child support to his ex as though that was unusual.

None of us know where this is going to end up-- who did it or why? I think the family making sure to say that they were good hardworking people comes from their love (number 1), the things that are being said about them in the media (number 2), and the kinds of things that are being whispered about them in the local community (number 3). Losing one family member to this kind of violence is devastating and horrifying but having a whole section of your family tree wiped out of existence is too much to bear. I think the child support comment comes from the place that this man wanted to do right by his children and knowing his children have access to all of this, hearing serious rumors and speculation about their dad.

I think that was actually a different guy... a white guy. Apparently, receiving threats was a common occurrence with this family.

There were 4 friends - teens - who were questioned/went to the police who were involved in the incident where CR Jr and his friends made racist comments. A couple of the 4 teens wrote about it on SM which is why they were accused as having threatened the Rhoden boy. One boy is black, one mixed race, and two white. One of the white guys post was complaining about CR Jr hitting him with his car. Teen stuff - I think it's nothing, but was blown up by kids.

Lesson to not fight/make nasty comments on SM. I saw the arrest record for the woman who was sentenced to probation/community service for a road rage incident with CR Jr. a few days before the murders and know someone who had the same thing happen. A women got out of her car, reached into my friend's car, and punched him in the face because he stopped at a yellow light. She was in a hurry. She drove off, but he got her plate number and she was sentenced with probation and community service. She was driving a Mercedes and her husband is a high-powered attorney near here. People are crazy.

Has it been mentioned that Chris Rhoden Sr. was arrested for domestic violence 12/27/2005? It was dismissed 1/3/2007 when the victim signed a request for dismissal. Scioto Couonty Public Records.

Early on there was some confusion about where he was located...I may have misread, but originally I thought he was found where Kenneth was....then, later, It was said that he was at Dana's. I think he lived with Dana, and that's where he was found. NO? JMO
Right. I think some of that confusion on that and children being killed etc, was because the media was getting info from the preacher and he wasn't getting good info.

anybody found a copy of the report that has been released online?

Not yet, but I'm looking for it. I'm hoping another news org will make it available once they have it.

In the meantime, there's this:

On Wednesday, authorities returned search warrant affidavits of various properties to Pike County Common Pleas Court. The documents immediately were sealed.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2016/04/dewine_cold-blooded_killers_ma.html

Not unexpected to me they would be sealed. Fairly common and legit during ongoing investigations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298