OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday violence, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.......JMO

Has it been mentioned that Chris Rhoden Sr. was arrested for domestic violence 12/27/2005? It was dismissed 1/3/2007 when the victim signed a request for dismissal. Scioto Couonty Public Records.
I don't think that has been mentioned but I said back on thread one that I had read surrounding counties should be checked for records

Looking at the pictures other than the young females appears the men especially were all good size. Almost had to be more than one person IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still want to know who the Rhodens were workhorses for? Who was their boss?

They didn't come up with the money, means or idea for producing drugs, someone else did and brought them in be it a family or community member.

Drug dealing and drug running are one thing, having multiple production businesses on a property is a whole other ball game, JMO.

But there was an article last night actually that stated he was pulled over and held at gun point, interrogated and then went voluntarily to submit a DNA sample.

Different kid than the one whose Mom wrote about taking him to LE when they heard about murders.

Going by his parent's addresses there are two possible school districts he could have attended. One starts at 8am and the other at 7:30am. So by 7:30 he would have been gone already (the drive to the 8am school is a little less than half an hour from his mother's house).

I don't know where he (and Dana) lived before they moved to their current address so it's possible he's still attending his old school district. But most high schools start around those times so it's probably safe to say he usually would have left by 7:30am.

I think it's irrelevant. Should he have been at school, yes, but it was 749 when the call came in to the PD, whether he should have been up going to school seems irrelevant to me. He may have often skipped school like so many teens do and no school is going to panic at 749 in the morning someone hasn't shown up, especially if they were at school the days prior.

Holiday violence, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.......JMO

I think it's a very common pattern with abusers. They pick fights a lot on family events, special occasions, holidays, etc. Especially if alcohol is involved. Oscar Pistorius killed his GF on Valentine's Day, jerks.

Back in the first thread someone was posting about a big guy in a green shirt that appeared to be handcuffed in a photo that posted on one of the news sites, that guy looked like he could be the cousin that made that comment a long time ago to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I do agree with that statement. That could likely be related to his FB comments, but they haven't released his name or anything.

I have been to a few Demo Derby events at Irwindale Speedway on the outskirts of LA. They are not a regular thing at that speedway, just a "special event" type thing that happens occasionally. People here DO make the outsides look pretty cool. Not perfect paint and body work or anything. But they do put some effort into making them look fierce. Most of them have a "schtick" or a theme. Like one guy is named Barefoot Billy because he drives barefoot, so he paints big feet all over the car. Others paint everything all black or put cool graffiti on them. That's why I went to look at Frankie's car, because I have been to a few events here, so I wanted to see what his "theme" is. Um, yah, let's just say he didn't put much effort in. Unless that thing had a newish big block V8 under the hood (And there is no reason anyone would do that) and was reinforced with some kind of invisible armor system -- there is no way it was worth $3000.

I just honestly think the demolition derby rivalry was NOT the motive. No way.

Well going to demo derby's in the rural - middle of nowhere - I can tell you that they worry more about putting the money that have into the engine running than the looks. People send insane amounts of money on engine parts for their cars out here for derby racing.

I don't think derby racing is the motive. I DO believe he could have 3000 into his car.

I keep seeing the Dogwood Festival mentioned, but no mention of a possibly much more significant festival: 4/20.

April 20 is THE pot holiday. These folks were killed the night of April 21/22.

I live in southern Ohio and 4/20 is celebrated here, especially in rural areas, with cookouts, bonfires, and sometimes very large parties, often all day/into the night parties. A younger relative of mine went to a 4/20 party about 5 years ago. It was held in the country, only about 75 miles from these murders in fact, at a property with a huge barn on acres of land. There were hundreds of people there, many of them camping in tents in the fields; there were local bands playing in the barn, people grilling and selling food, and (I can only imagine!) people selling weed.

If (if) the Rhodens' grow operation is related to these murders, I can think of 2 potential reasons offhand why the date might be significant:

1) Robbery.

I am not a 'pot culture' person but I am a former gift shop owner, and from all I've heard, I imagine 4/20 is for pot dealers what Christmas is for retailers. There is probably a big uptick in sales in the days leading up to it. Not to mention the day of.

Possibly, someone(s) thought that one day after 4/20, the Rhodens would be sitting on a huge pile of cash they hadn't yet had time to spend, or to launder or whatever.

High-quality weed goes for $300-$400 an ounce in this area. Source: weed websites, plus confirmation by previously-mentioned relative who bought an ounce a few months ago. Let's call it $300 to be on the conservative side. That's $4800 a pound. Do 'only' 200 plants still sound like a 'small' operation, as some here have called it?

[Side note: I don't know much about growing so these numbers could be slightly off, but if you get a pound per plant, and harvest said plant say 3 times a year, that's $14,400 per plant. Multiply that by 200 and it's almost 3 million dollars a year. That's retail price for high quality stuff, minus costs, etc. but STILL.]

Back to the 4/20 scene: one kid with a backpack full of $20 baggies walking around a big party could make thousands of bucks in a short time. Multiple said kid by x number of other people at other parties in the region, or even in other states, and that adds up fast.

It doesn't matter if the Rhodens sold retail, or made bank that day or not. All it would take is for someone to believe that they did.

The problem with robbery, of course, is that it's pretty extreme to kill 8 people at 4 locations in order to accomplish it -- including a 19 year old girl asleep with a brand new baby, ffs. In fact, it's guaranteed to draw huge attention to your robbery, and would be utterly stupid. But then again, maybe it was a robbery gone really, really, really, inevitably escalatingly wrong somehow.

2) Unpaid debt / cartel.

If the Rhodens owed someone a lot of money, they could have said, 'Give me till after 4/20 and I will have it.' Then something went wrong -- a problem with the crop, someone siphoning off the sales, who knows what. Then comes the night of 4/21, and the reckoning.

____

These are only thoughts, and I have no idea if the grow operation is even related or not. TONS of people grow weed and do not get murdered. But it's notable, IMO, that these murders didn't occur in early April, or weeks after 4/20. It was effectively 24 hours after the big day.

87e79c4c34675719c0c6e1a4753fee5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still want to know who the Rhodens were workhorses for? Who was their boss?

They didn't come up with the money, means or idea for producing drugs, someone else did and brought them in be it a family or community member.

Drug dealing and drug running are one thing, having multiple production businesses on a property is a whole other ball game, JMO.
Grow operations and running was in their family tree.

If it was no more than $100, could it point to the killer(s) having expected much more money on Kenneth? That they were so disgusted and disappointed to not find the thousands of dollars they expected to find and just threw the 'little bit' they found back on him?

I think the money on the body is more likely a diversion to make LE think it's something more than it was.

He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

"I was going to work with him repairing cars and we had been to a couple of auctions together earlier this month.'

Stone revealed that his cousin owned a 'ferocious' pitball dog called Brownie and believed the killer must have been known to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

I really hope this wasn't over cars.

Wait does anyone know what $1,000 in $1.00 bills looks like? Imagine 20 packs of playing cards scattered everywhere.
And I agree w your question: how does he know it was 1,000 exactly?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Did he actually say $1 bills or dollar bills? Just wondering if he meant it in a different way than its being interpreted. Maybe the bills were higher than $1. Like let's say $100 bills. That would be much easier to count. I'm wondering if he owed someone money and that wasn't enough so they through it back at him after they shot him. Just a thought.

Has Hannah G's obit been posted? I just saw it.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/po...=hannah-hazel-gilley&pid=179765847&fhid=22529

Also ran across another Rhoden recently killed in an accident. Age 23 killed in Greenup, Driver was speeding, alcohol and drugs were involved.

http://www.dailyindependent.com/new...cle_0d11247f-bd43-5716-a46f-46e4bd7fa96e.html

OK somebody help me out here...there is NO mention in HG's obit, of her having a brother, JW......but numerous times I've seen it said that Hanna R's 1st child is the child of Hannah G's brother, JW. What gives? JMO

Grow operations and running was in their family tree.

But they weren't the top of the pyramid in this, at least I'm not thinking so...Usually you go higher up and you see the people who are really reaping the financial rewards. I still feel like these guys are the worker bees and there's a queen (or king lol!) bee they answered to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member