OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said: 'Kenneth would normally padlock the camper where he lived from the outside when he left.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.

'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.

'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'

Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.

"I was going to work with him repairing cars and we had been to a couple of auctions together earlier this month.'

Stone revealed that his cousin owned a 'ferocious' pitball dog called Brownie and believed the killer must have been known to him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

I really hope this wasn't over cars.

I find this article so heartbreaking. It seems so many from that community loved the Rhoden family no matter what. This man was usually already working hard by 5:30 am. That doesn't sound like someone who was involved with drugs.

With the dollar bills being thrown on Kenneth's body it is as if this person or persons owed him money and as an insult it is like they were saying 'here is your damned money..lets see how you spend it now.' :(

It seems Kenneth never even knew they were in his camper or maybe he was laying in his bed when they walked in and he didn't think anything of it and had no clue he was about to be murdered. They could have hidden the gun behind their back and just walked right up to him and pulled the trigger.

IMO

That would be Chris Jr's fb page. There's also a number of past charges on officers and other incidents in the county, but I think Reader was put in to clean up the image of the Dept. Probably to be more trusted, because it's obvious the community has issues reading many local comments. People seem to like and trust Sheriff Reader though.

Seems so odd that someone in town gets accidentally killed with the county prosecutor's gun. Uh huh.

And the (assume) former Sheriff's brother (working as a volunteer) kills a local man after a car chase, but nobody witnessed it and he was reinstated. No indication of criminal activity by the victim, other than trying to get away from the Sheriff's brother. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

I am thinking it was another family member that got stiffed, the murderer knew where they all lived, the dogs knew the person so they were quiet, and with the pot money up for grabs and that Christopher Rhoden Sr. owned all those properties, someone wanted a cut of the cash.

I can see why LE is having such difficulty. So many possibilities thinking of all of the mentioned (and unmentioned) connections to so many different things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is why they are accurate saying this will be a long investigation. Run down every lead related to pot, cockfighting, derby cars, family spats, road rage incidents, domestic violence incidents. Every path has multiple paths leading off in different directions, some of them probably cross over each other. Something that's a dead end tomorrow will show up on a different path in two weeks. Mapping this out at the end will take a week by itself.

I am thinking it was another family member that got stiffed, the murderer knew where they all lived, the dogs knew the person so they were quiet, and with the pot money up for grabs and that Christopher Rhoden Sr. owned all those properties, someone wanted a cut of the cash.

But was pot money fronted, pre-crop? None of the plants could have been ready for sale this soon, could they? JMO

Seems so odd that someone in town gets accidentally killed with the county prosecutor's gun. Uh huh.

And the (assume) former Sheriff's brother (working as a volunteer) kills a local man after a car chase, but nobody witnessed it and he was reinstated. No indication of criminal activity by the victim, other than trying to get away from the Sheriff's brother. Things that make you go hmmmmm.
I have a friend familiar with southern OH and he said there was a lot of distrust with LE there and some for good reason.

It is starting to remind me of Walker County, AL. If you want to kill someone, take them there. People disappear and are never seen ever again, lots of old mine shafts, murders don't get solved, many crooked back country cops.

If the Rhoden's were working with LE having anything to do with cleaning up corruption and they died because of it.. It will be a **** storm for the local LE and the entire state.

I have a friend familiar with southern OH and he said there was a lot of distrust with LE there and some for good reason.

It is starting to remind me of Walker County, AL. If you want to kill someone, take them there. People disappear and are never seen ever again, lots of old mine shafts, murders don't get solved, many crooked back country cops.

"...gonna drop your *advertiser censored* down a mine shaft" would not be an unusual threat in parts of southern Ohio.

LOL I AM old, but learned it here on a different case. JMO

So am I and I have never heard of Weed Day. I guess I didn't follow that particular case.:)

I am really old school for I have never seen a marijuana cigarette in my entire 69 years on earth. I have just never been around anyone who was smoking it. Of course I have read about it through the years and seen it in movies or tv shows, but that's it.

The more I read about it I don't really have a problem with it being used for medical purposes where it is legal. Our state just passed a law that it can be used for those who have certain medical conditions. I wish it had been legal when my mom was dying of cancer at the age of 57. She was always so nauseated from the chemo.

I don't think it is nearly as harmful as alcohol or other drugs whether its prescription or illegal. I don't think I can recall a case where someone was loaded up on pot and then went out and murdered people. But then I really don't know how it affects people when they are driving a vehicle. It seems to me their reactions would be delayed which could be dangerous I would think.

IMO

Why would the killer leave 1,000 anyway? What if they owed the Rhodens that money or more?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Google Blood Money I think its a better explanation on the websters Merriam link ..

I think that was actually a different guy... a white guy. Apparently, receiving threats was a common occurrence with this family.
It's a common occurrence in Appalachian culture altogether.

I know a lot of this stuff probably sounds bizarre to folks not familiar with the region, but nothing I've heard so far about this family -- pot-growing, arrest records, jobs, homes, hobbies, cars, dogs, hats -- makes them in any way unusual. Nothing, except that 1) their grow operation is bigger than 12 plants in a back bedroom, and 2) eight of them were murdered.

Actually, there were witnesses. See the video posted by Chris Rhoden Jr. on March 30, 2015 on Facebook.

So am I and I have never heard of Weed Day. I guess I didn't follow that particular case.:)

I am really old school for I have never seen a marijuana cigarette in my entire 69 years on earth. I have just never been around anyone who was smoking it. Of course I have read about it through the years and seen it in movies or tv shows, but that's it.

The more I read about it I don't really have a problem with it being used for medical purposes where it is legal. Our state just passed a law that it can be used for those who have certain medical conditions. I wish it had been legal when my mom was dying of cancer at the age of 57. She was always so nauseated from the chemo.

I don't think it is nearly as harmful as alcohol or other drugs whether its prescription or illegal. I don't think I can recall a case where someone was loaded up on pot and then went out and murdered people. But then I really don't know how it affects people when they are driving a vehicle. It seems to me their reactions would be delayed which could be dangerous I would think.

IMO
Reaction is delayed, but since they're only going 11 miles an hour it's not that dangerous.

It's a common occurrence in Appalachian culture altogether.

I know a lot of this stuff probably sounds bizarre to folks not familiar with the region, but nothing I've heard so far about this family -- pot-growing, arrest records, jobs, homes, hobbies, cars, dogs, hats -- makes them in any way unusual. Nothing, except that 1) their grow operation is bigger than 12 plants in a back bedroom, and 2) eight of them were murdered.

That would fit it the country outside of my town in the north Midwest, too. I think it fits a lot of rural America.

I think the $1000 was in the UK paper? Was that on video? Some of the UK papers are straight tabloid, so you can't always believe everything detail they print.

Buying cars and selling cars is one way to launder cash from drug sales. Dana has some really nice vehicles on her pages. I wondered what that was about.
I listened to the interview on the radio, that the AG gave today, and the money thrown around was the only thing that he did allude to that was false.

But was pot money fronted, pre-crop? None of the plants could have been ready for sale this soon, could they? JMO
Sure with indoor operations and they had at least one of those.

I don't understand why people don't use the privacy settings on their social media pages, especially FB. It's horrible that so many people know intimate details about these poor people and their family/friends from FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53