OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for those of you who said you live in rural communities where women sell a lot of things on FB -- WHY? Are they just trying to make a little extra cash? Or are they trying to make it look like they have a legitimate source of income to cover for a illicit source of income? Is it a cover for drug dealing? Prostitution? Or are they really just trying to get $20 here and there?

I live close to the crime scenes so in a rural area- most people sell things on FB just to make some extra cash- clothes, electronics, cars, baby gear, furniture, etc. I would be surprised if much of it is to cover illicit activity.

Just putting my thoughts down.

Kenneth Rhoden
Lived about 8 miles approx 10 mins from the others. He lived in a camper. He had a pit bull. Donald Stone (son of Kenneth's sister) said there was money spread around (although AG said on the radio show he didn't think so)

1. Looks like rather small camper so doubt he was growing elaborate pot in it, maybe outdoors.
2. Pit bull still there (sounds like pit bulls at Danas might not have been there) stone said he had to calm dog down before le could go in.
3 if money spread around doesn't look like robbery to me.
4. Shot 1 time in head
5. DS was supposed to be there the night before but wasn't
6. DS was to go help KR the next day but didn't
7. DS called 911 around 1:30 pm to report murder
Seemed calm compared to BM
8. ?

So dog at KR, money, shot 1 time

What am I missing?

Sounds so different from other scenes. More shots, haven't heard of money, dogs maybe missing.

Common: taking what DS said about KR dog, dogs at other location/ location would have reacted the same if a stranger/strangers entered.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear KR was the person shot one time. I don't think we know that yet. Maybe I missed it.

Does anyone have a link that quotes' Donald as saying it was $1000.00? Not an article with that at or in the headline but a quote from him. TIA

I think the presser is wonky as well to not alarm any of the suspects to flee.

LE might want to come across like they don't know much or that they don't know what they're doing to relax the people who did this so they think they got away with it, JMO.

Well I still think the sheriff did a spin on knowledge of the family legally.

The DA refused to comment on the grow operations then later did after the presser was over.

The DA said he wouldn't tell if there was forced entry and later we find out forced entry into two places.

The entire first description of the killings like it was some sophisticated scene, quickly in and out, basically single shot to most that were sleeping, he really made it seem like a fast professional hit with a crime scene with really no evidence.

Not like that at all.

As I recall, the Sheriff's statement about the family was fairly carefully worded. Along the lines of knowing the family (as most certainly everybody in the county has some knowledge of others), but never having encountered them criminally. For me that left open some middle ground for possible civil (such as domestic violence) or traffic encounters, etc. IOW--no history of arrests or suspicions regarding the pot operation, or anything immediately pertinent to the case at hand.

Question for those of you who said you live in rural communities where women sell a lot of things on FB -- WHY? Are they just trying to make a little extra cash? Or are they trying to make it look like they have a legitimate source of income to cover for a illicit source of income? Is it a cover for drug dealing? Prostitution? Or are they really just trying to get $20 here and there?
It's normally legit. Most of them would rather do that than set up a yard sale. Yard sales are a lot of work. FB Sales, you take a picture, put it up and if sells, take it down. If not you just "bump" it ever so often til it does sell. Much less work than dragging that stuff in and out and putting prices on it. jmo

I don't live in a "rural community", i live in a regular suburban neighborhood. There are SEVERAL community FB groups just within my neighborhood, and every body sells EVERYTHING. From cars to used SOCKS. who knows why they sell such stuff. Extra money i suppose, just like yard sales.

As I recall, the Sheriff's statement about the family was fairly carefully worded. Along the lines of knowing the family (as most certainly everybody in the county has some knowledge of others), but never having encountered them criminally. For me that left open some middle ground for possible civil (such as domestic violence) or traffic encounters, etc. IOW--no history of arrests or suspicions regarding the pot operation, or anything immediately pertinent to the case at hand.

Thank you.

I don't agree on the Sheriff, but I see where you're coming from. I think he wasn't expecting that question and his answer wasn't nuanced enough for the question.

I think the AG refused to comment and then remembered or realized that the person who confirmed it to the media was a district attorney (or an assistant, I don't remember).

I don't remember who confirmed the forced entry but I'm sure he was irritated that leak came out.

His first description was based completely on a briefing of the crime scenes. He may have thought that's what it was, and his description may still be accurate. I don't think he ever said "single shot to the head". I think he said they were shot in the head and most victims sleeping. That may still be the case. There may be a lot of evidence, but he talked about the killer(s) trying to hamper LE efforts to find them. There could be a lot of details to suggest that and we haven't heard any of it.
They have all been very political type answers. I chalked the sheriff up to not being media savvy, until the other stuff.

Now it seems the DA has spent his career mostly as a politician which could explain the reason for the political type pressers. I work with politicians, I've been to so many political pressers where I know the real answers.. These have been political type pressers, but he is a politician.

Now the info above your posts about things not being released makes my BS meter go up again.

Any one of these things could be explained away, all of them together just have me wondering if something more is going on, something bigger.

Where did you hear KR was the person shot one time. I don't think we know that yet. Maybe I missed it.

From DS talking to the reporter forget who it was. The link Is posted here.
He said he was shot in the head didn't mention anything else so I take that as 1 shot, but it has not been confirmed. He said a good bit so I believe if he believed there was a struggle or a mess he would have said it.

That's what I believe anyway.

This is why I have brought up the festival that was in town that weekend several times, but nobody seems to want to connect it.

IMO hired killers from out of town could easily have slipped into town especially that weekend because of the Dogwood Festival.

http://www.pikecountydogwoodfestival.com/

The festival was in town...the crime scenes were 20 miles away. Hired professionals likely would have had intelligence on the targets given to them. The houses aren't far from a highway, easier and safer to stay in Columbus or Cincinnati and drive right to the houses.

With the DA there, it sounds like they're building their case. They have their sights on a person/persons and don't want to screw it up hence the wonky pressers.... I think an arrest isn't too far off.
He has been there from the beginning.

I had no problem with the press conference, either. Both the AG and the Sheriff have been very upfront that they are not going to release any information that would jeopardize this investigation. I did find it very interesting that the AG stated prosecutors have been brought in. I just posted my thoughts about this comment on the thread that closed. This statement tells me (at least today) that perhaps they have strong suspicions about who is responsible and they are bringing in prosecutors to make sure the evidence they have is strong enough first to issue an arrest warrant or warrant and secondly, to support a successful prosecution.

Perhaps I'm just being hopeful. Time will tell.

I agree and It also leads me to believe they think this will be tried as a state/local case and not federal.

Very interesting, thank you. I think that the person with one bullet shot to the head was the person that the killers had the LEAST amount of anger towards. However, the money strewn about says otherwise. Unless that was just a last minute attempt at diversion.

I kind of see it going something like this: "Ok, we killed all the core Rhodens. Gotta go take care of Uncle Kenny too though because he saw us, and can identify us." So they drive 8 miles, hand the dog (who knows them) a treat, walk in and get rid of their last problem. Real quick and clean. Then they throw a bunch of money around to make it look like some kind of drug hit. "Yah, that'll throw off that new Sheriff!"

JMO. IMO. MOO.

That is just weird. I saw a lot of cars for sale on Dana's FB page.
People have mentioned derby.
Was someone buying/selling a car that day?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I think the $1000 was in the UK paper? Was that on video? Some of the UK papers are straight tabloid, so you can't always believe everything detail they print.

Buying cars and selling cars is one way to launder cash from drug sales. Dana has some really nice vehicles on her pages. I wondered what that was about.

In May 2015 Sheriff Henderson left after 7 years of being sheriff. before his term was up. Reader was assistant to the Prosecuting Attorney Rob Junk prepared cases for the grand jury. He had worked as deputy before. He became interim and was reelected.

In March 2015 Sheriff Henderson's brother, and another deputy Joel Jenkins were chasing a 26 yo Robert Rooker for driving 52 in a 45 mile zone. Other officers got involved, the officers said Rooker rammed the police vehicles, witnesses said he did not. Jenkins did a pit maneuver and Rooker's truck got stuck, according to witnesses. Jenkins opened fire into the windshield killing him. Rooker had no weapon.

The video on Chris Rhoden Jr's fb page by witnesses said officers were picking up gun shells.

Through the year there were no charges, then later that year in Dec 2015 Jenkins shot his neighbor in the head with one of the guns Junk had let him borrow. Jenkins had said it was an accident, but then finally was indicted for killing both Brady and Rooker.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/21/Pike-County-deputy-shooting-rehired.html

Pike County prosecutor Rob Junk had previously told reporters that the shooting of Rooker appeared to have been justified.

Junk later said that he had allowed Jenkins to borrow guns from him and that it was possible one of the weapons had fired the shot that killed Brady. “Probably three or four months ago I did lend him two. He had been cleared for duty,” Junk said, according to the Chillicothe Gazette.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...enkins-had-troubled-employment-past/78734440/

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/10/ohio-police-officer-charged-murder-shooting

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/21/Pike-County-deputy-shooting-rehired.html

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk — who turned the case over to the Ohio attorney general’s office — said the gun used in the shooting might have been one he had loaned to Jenkins.

Jenkins is charged with involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence in connection with Brady’s death. The other two deputies involved were not charged. Jenkins pleaded not guilty to all the charges on Dec. 14. Records show he has posted the amount required of his $200,000 bond and is out of jail.
Early on I saw on someone's page a video, cops everywhere and people saying "they killed him". I don't think I saw it on a victim's page but the sister of the person the video was about, which had to be connected some way for me to find it. I wonder if that was this video. I didn't keep watching it or search it out more because I didn't see it was connected..

A lot of small town radio stations used to have on-air "trading posts" where people could sell things. The FB thing is really just an extension, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298