OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't live in a "rural community", i live in a regular suburban neighborhood. There are SEVERAL community FB groups just within my neighborhood, and every body sells EVERYTHING. From cars to used SOCKS. who knows why they sell such stuff. Extra money i suppose, just like yard sales.

I live in a small city, and my wife is always selling crap on Facebook. Normally its things I would just throw away, but she spends 5 minutes and makes $10 or $20 on it. I don't think she's ever sold my socks, but I am missing a few. I just figured they went into the sock black hole in the laundry room.

I'm not sold on the money part. I can't see any reason someone would leave $1,000 scattered. That seems ridiculous, ESPECIALLY IF it was drug related. Idk, I'm not completely sold on that one at all. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just putting my thoughts down.

Kenneth Rhoden
Lived about 8 miles approx 10 mins from the others. He lived in a camper. He had a pit bull. Donald Stone (son of Kenneth's sister) said there was money spread around (although AG said on the radio show he didn't think so)

1. Looks like rather small camper so doubt he was growing elaborate pot in it, maybe outdoors.
2. Pit bull still there (sounds like pit bulls at Danas might not have been there) stone said he had to calm dog down before le could go in.
3 if money spread around doesn't look like robbery to me.
4. Shot 1 time in head
5. DS was supposed to be there the night before but wasn't
6. DS was to go help KR the next day but didn't
7. DS called 911 around 1:30 pm to report murder
Seemed calm compared to BM
8. ?

So dog at KR, money, shot 1 time

What am I missing?

Sounds so different from other scenes. More shots, haven't heard of money, dogs maybe missing.

Common: taking what DS said about KR dog, dogs at other location/ location would have reacted the same if a stranger/strangers entered.

JMO

I assumed his was the place out of 4 where there wasn't a pot growing operation - no big building. Maybe one bullet to him was easy because others weren't around to fight off. Maybe he's the one who knew the killer, let him in and was caught off guard. DS said blood everywhere, so maybe more than one shot but he just saw the one in his head. What kind of gun causes blood all over the place? Execution style hit, I think close range head shot with little blood splatter. But maybe that's just the movies.

Although I 100% believe ( as of right now) that this had to do with money... Some wY some how- I just can't bring myself to believe that 8 people were riddled with bullets over demolition cars !!!!!

I had a relative murdered in a church for $30 in a vending machine.

Question for those of you who said you live in rural communities where women sell a lot of things on FB -- WHY? Are they just trying to make a little extra cash? Or are they trying to make it look like they have a legitimate source of income to cover for a illicit source of income? Is it a cover for drug dealing? Prostitution? Or are they really just trying to get $20 here and there?

It's just what people do in small towns, versus having garage sales. Extra cash. It happens A LOT. There's usually someone that has something you are looking for or you have something someone else is looking for. This is VERY common in my community of 1400. Baby clothes, baby items, things people may need and don't have the money for.

Very interesting, thank you. I think that the person with one bullet shot to the head was the person that the killers had the LEAST amount of anger towards. However, the money strewn about says otherwise. Unless that was just a last minute attempt at diversion.

I kind of see it going something like this: "Ok, we killed all the core Rhodens. Gotta go take care of Uncle Kenny too though because he saw us, and can identify us." So they drive 8 miles, hand the dog (who knows them) a treat, walk in and get rid of their last problem. Real quick and clean. Then they throw a bunch of money around to make it look like some kind of drug hit. "Yah, that'll throw off that new Sheriff!"

JMO. IMO. MOO.
Someone trying to pin it on him maybe?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I had a relative murdered in a church for $30 in a vending machine.

Trust me, I totally understand that people kill for things that seem totally whack, unjustifiable, and ridiculous- just can't understand why this person would kill this family... Young mothers included with young children present ... Over some demolition cars. But hey, it doesn't make sense to me and I can't wrap my head around it .... But yeah, guess anything is possible at this point.
And I'm really sorry for the loss of your relative. What a tragedy and senseless crime.

I live in a small city, and my wife is always selling crap on Facebook. Normally its things I would just throw away, but she spends 5 minutes and makes $10 or $20 on it. I don't think she's ever sold my socks, but I am missing a few. I just figured they went into the sock black hole in the laundry room.

Good for her! I'm too lazy to do the yard sale thing, so I just put stuff on the curb with a free sign and it always gets scooped up! I could use the money, but not the hassle. LOL

I assumed his was the place out of 4 where there wasn't a pot growing operation - no big building. Maybe one bullet to him was easy because others weren't around to fight off. Maybe he's the one who knew the killer, let him in and was caught off guard. DS said blood everywhere, so maybe more than one shot but he just saw the one in his head. What kind of gun causes blood all over the place? Execution style hit, I think close range head shot with little blood splatter. But maybe that's just the movies.
A small caliber bullet will often not have an exit wound, so less blood. Movies often portray a .22 in the back of the head, it kills but doesn't exit. Any caliber that is powerful enough to exit a skull will leave blood and brains everywhere.

Trust me, I totally understand that people kill for things that seem totally whack, unjustifiable, and ridiculous- just can't understand why this person would kill this family... Young mothers included with young children present ... Over some demolition cars. But hey, it doesn't make sense to me and I can't wrap my head around it .... But yeah, guess anything is possible at this point.
And I'm really sorry for the loss of your relative. What a tragedy and senseless crime.
Thanks! Death is always hard, but murder and senseless murder especially is just so difficult.

Looking at the pages some, seems Derby is a huge thing around there. I saw some people just talking about what they were going to do one night and the answer was "derby is the only thing around to do".

We don't have anything like that around here, but many of their family were involved also. I don't know how big something like that is.

I just give it away. Saves me a trip to the dump!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread all day (ya know.. Thing called work lol) and I had almost 500 posts that haven't been read ! So pardon me , I know that this has been discussed ... But, I absolutely believe that the number of gun shot wounds each person suffered is significant- it's almost like an order of importance or order of vengeance. I most definitely believe that the individual that suffered 9 gun shot wounds was the main target. For the individuals that suffered less , maybe they were just in the way .... Or killed for fear of identification.
I could be totally wrong and just speculating of course . I just think that their injuries have got to tell a story .

I had no problem with the press conference, either. Both the AG and the Sheriff have been very upfront that they are not going to release any information that would jeopardize this investigation. I did find it very interesting that the AG stated prosecutors have been brought in. I just posted my thoughts about this comment on the thread that closed. This statement tells me (at least today) that perhaps they have strong suspicions about who is responsible and they are bringing in prosecutors to make sure the evidence they have is strong enough first to issue an arrest warrant or warrant and secondly, to support a successful prosecution.

Perhaps I'm just being hopeful. Time will tell.

My problem with it was this: The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Pike County Sheriff's Office have received hundreds of tips, DeWine said, but neither Reader or Dewine will "shoot down every rumor." Really DeWine?? Couldn't you have used better words especially since this involves shooting deaths!

I haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread all day (ya know.. Thing called work lol) and I had almost 500 posts that haven't been read ! So pardon me , I know that this has been discussed ... But, I absolutely believe that the number of gun shot wounds each person suffered is significant- it's almost like an order of importance or order of vengeance. I most definitely believe that the individual that suffered 9 gun shot wounds was the main target. For the individuals that suffered less , maybe they were just in the way .... Or killed for fear of identification.
I could be totally wrong and just speculating of course . I just think that their injuries have got to tell a story .

I think the number of shots are significant and it doesn't look like we are going to find out who had how many shots any time soon

Thanks! Death is always hard, but murder and senseless murder especially is just so difficult.

Looking at the pages some, seems Derby is a huge thing around there. I saw some people just talking about what they were going to do one night and the answer was "derby is the only thing around to do".

We don't have anything like that around here, but many of their family were involved also. I don't know how big something like that is.

Demo derbies are pretty popular but dirt track racing is bigger around here. It's a weekly thing from April til October. Demo derbies aren't as frequent. Think of them as a county fair type event.

Did you see the photos of the car? I seriously LOL'ed. No way that thing was worth $3000. It wasn't worth $30!
Is a derby cars value based on looks or engine/how it runs?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

my mistake I have just read Chris Jr was found with mother and sister,

can anybody answer who was found at which crime scene?

That information has not been officially released or confirmed other than what was said in the 911 recordings released.

From those two calls:

4077 Union Hill Road -- Christopher Rhoden, Sr. and Gary Rhoden.

"Close to" 799 Left Fork Road -- Kenneth Rhoden.

Some family members have said who else was found where, but I'm not considering any of that fact at this time.

The 911 recordings can be found here:

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...t-we-know-pike-county-mass-shooting/83428434/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298