OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to catch up about 700 posts as i'm in Australia.....however some comments;

- I would have to disagree that someone would be having hearing issues after firing inside. Until we know the weapon used this is simply not true
- A silencer wouldn't be purchased legally for this so talk of "hard to obtain" and paperwork is not relevant
- Would two grown men sleep in the same room (GR and CR)? I doubt it so I expect one was in the lounge and one in the back room when things went down. Not sure how many rooms that mobile home had.

On a side note using "drug" as a past tense of "drag" is really confusing me lol

I probably said that, LOL. We've been establishing redneck hillbilly habits and I fit right in. :)

Are such back doors connected to a bedroom, or is this typically not the case?

Back in the day, my aunt and uncle had two trailers with two doors, but both in the front. No back doors. So it probably depends on how old the trailers are.

I always thought 911 keeps callers on the line until LE arrives?

I thought that was common practice in emergency situations too, but neither 911 caller stayed on the line that day.

I've only called 911 once---to report that smoke from a controlled burn (a farmer was burning a field) was affecting road visibility and to suggest that LE might want to do something about that. (LOL!)

In my case, the operator only took my name and number just in case LE wanted to call me back for some reason. And I just assumed she didn't wait on the line for me because I wasn't waiting on anything.

I think he was merely saying that it's a big county and he has only so many deputies...if you're scared, they may not be able to get to you quickly, so have your guns out. Sounds sensible to me.

And as far as I know no one has been shot due to his warning.

Yes, I see what you're saying. But this was a case of someone murdering some big, strong, well armed men accustomed to defending their own pot growing operations.

That said, the case you linked to was an Iraq War vet who killed his own family members. Some of the experts on this case have said the murders of the Rhoden family took some level of planning similar to military training. We have to realize they know more of the details than we do. So far, they haven't come up with any suspect family members with military training. No one close to the family has committed suicide.

I just keeping thinking about the element of surprise though, and since there are so many little ones running around, they would have probably kept the guns locked up and not readily accessible in a pinch. I know that some people keep their guns out and loaded with kids in the house, but I think most people know better. It seems like at least one or two of those big guys put up a fight to no avail, so if one shooter, a strong male is my guess. I think the multiple guns on one shooter is so they can load them and not have to worry about reloading while in the middle of their spree. It's horrible to think about. I just wanted to bring up that it might be a very skilled and strong single shooter banking on the victims being totally unprepared. Maybe not military, but someone with lots of experience hunting, or former LE, reads a lot and practices, that sort of thing. If the motivation is other than a family annihilation (which it seems to be something else from what we know-"hillbilly justice" was alluded to), the shooter very likely wouldn't commit suicide, but would cover his tracks very well.

I thought that was common practice in emergency situations too, but neither 911 caller stayed on the line that day.

I've only called 911 once---to report that smoke from a controlled burn (a farmer was burning a field) was affecting road visibility and to suggest that LE might want to do something about that. (LOL!)

In my case, the operator only took my name and number just in case LE wanted to call me back for some reason. And I just assumed she didn't wait on the line for me because I wasn't waiting on anything.
We should probably clarify that the article is about statement analysis on
911 calls reporting a homocide.

https://www2.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2008/june2008/june2008leb.htm#page22

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not "no guns at all anywhere" but no guns next to bodies. If they had fired in self defense then been killed, their weapon would be next to their body. No weapons were found next to any bodies or this would have immediately been a suspected murder suicide.

With all due respect, we do not know what may have been found and what may not have been found. Nor can we say (IMO) that at one point, possibly early in the investigation it 'may' have been a suspected murder suicide....we just don't know

Well according to the FBI, not sure where the link is now.. That fact of not asking for help and the fact that she offered up the key info and the "huh" when asked his name.. Makes this a call that would be flagged as a. suspicious call.

Let me see if I can find the link.

I do not know why.I do not think she actually "did" it. But there are parts of the call (key bugs me a lot) that just "feel" rehearsed. I am saying I think she had been hearing stuff that her family is danger let s say last two weeks. Did not really beleive it.

Then it happens. Now she is in a mess. Are you aware if any threats to your family? (lie no). I dont think I would be all that willing to let LE know everything if the people I suspect just blew away my whole family.

This is a family system that has no fondness of LE. Poor thing- she has got to be so wrecked ............

ah ha good job smc

BJM: The door was locked when we got here. But I know where the key was at. So I went in and they were laying on the floor. I'm down out. I'm staying outside right now.

I think he was merely saying that it's a big county and he has only so many deputies...if you're scared, they may not be able to get to you quickly, so have your guns out. Sounds sensible to me.
For most of us here that is just typical thinking. IF you can even make a 911 call, it is going to take them a few minutes to get there.

Unarmed you don't have a chance, armed, you have a chance. You aren't likely to get the chance to call 911 with a home invasion, but if you do, I would rather be armed and take my chances than unarmed while waiting on them.

I live in a Castle Doctrine state, but my view is, if someone starts busting down my door, they aren't coming over for tea and cookies so I will shoot through the door.

I had to catch up about 700 posts as i'm in Australia.....however some comments;

- I would have to disagree that someone would be having hearing issues after firing inside. Until we know the weapon used this is simply not true
- A silencer wouldn't be purchased legally for this so talk of "hard to obtain" and paperwork is not relevant
- Would two grown men sleep in the same room (GR and CR)? I doubt it so I expect one was in the lounge and one in the back room when things went down. Not sure how many rooms that mobile home had.

On a side note using "drug" as a past tense of "drag" is really confusing me lol

lol, same on "drug".

I transcribed what was on this call. There's a couple of parts I couldn't get - I noted that.

911: 911

BJM: Yes I need a sheriff's deputy at 40...?...hold on...umm

911: I need you to tell me the address. What's the address?

BJM: Gimme just a second. Let me walk to the mailbox. I think my brother-in-law's dead.

911: Ok. What is the address?

BJM: Gimme just a second. 4077 Union Hill Road.

911: 4077....

BJM: 4077

911: Ok four-zero-seven-seven Union Hill correct?

BJM: Yes 4077 Union Hill Road (crying)

911: Ma'am. You got to tell me what's going on.

BJM: There's blood all over the house.

911: Ok.

BJM: My brother-in-law's in the bedroom. It looks like someone has beat the hell out of him.

911: Ok. (unintelligble)

BJM: There's blood all over the carpets (note: could be covers?)

911: Ma'am can you tell me what county that's in?

BJM: Pike's County

911: It's Pike County?

BJM: Yes and they drug him in the bedroom (or backroom)

911: Ok. I need you to get out of the house. Did you drive over there?

BJM: Yes I did.

911: What's your brother-in-law's name?

BJM: Huh?

911: What's your brother-in-law's name?

BJM: (unintelligble)

911: Ma'am?

BJM: Yeah

911: What's his name?

BJM: Chris Rhoden and Gary Rhoden

911: Chris and Gary Rhoden?

BJM: From the signs in there it looks like they're dead

911: You think they're both dead?

BJM: I think they're both dead. It looks like someone beat the f--k out of them.

911: Ok. Is there anybody else in the house?

BJM: Not that I know of.

911: Ok.

BJM: The door was locked when we got here. But I know where the key was at. So I went in and they were laying on the floor. I'm down out. I'm staying outside right now.

911: Ok. Just stay out of the house. Don't let anybody go in there. Ok?

BJM: Yeah.

911: We have somebody on the way, ok?

BJM: I, thank you.

911: You're welcome.

BJM: (crying) Oh my God...please come hurry

Oh. My. God. It. sounds. like. please. dont. hurt . me.

that one was much clearer TY

I just keeping thinking about the element of surprise though, and since there are so many little ones running around, they would have probably kept the guns locked up and not readily accessible in a pinch. I know that some people keep their guns out and loaded with kids in the house, but I think most people know better. It seems like at least one or two of those big guys put up a fight to no avail, so if one shooter, a strong male is my guess. I think the multiple guns on one shooter is so they can load them and not have to worry about reloading while in the middle of their spree. It's horrible to think about. I just wanted to bring up that it might be a very skilled and strong single shooter banking on the victims being totally unprepared. Maybe not military, but someone with lots of experience hunting, or former LE, reads a lot and practices, that sort of thing. If the motivation is other than a family annihilation (which it seems to be something else from what we know-"hillbilly justice" was alluded to), the shooter very likely wouldn't commit suicide, but would cover his tracks very well.
I'm not sure they would have kept the guns locked up. In the country kids learn to shoot young usually. We never touched my grandfather's guns that were always out because we knew we would get our butt beat. You can also have guns in strategic places that a three year old can't get to but you can.

Yes!! Young voices are what I thought I had heard.

Yes!!!

there are people in the background in the first 10 secs - I think males ...............sounds like Manny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston