OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The racist part is not a known fact and the wording used to describe something can make the interpretation change drastically as you have done here, this post seems very disrespectful in my opinion and if you don't have an interest in helping further the case to bring justice to a murderer, then what is your point here...whatever they did, they were human and they were slaughtered like animals...that is not ok.....it's all about how you present things and you are playing up the wrong aspects

HEADS-UP!

This thread will be closing in 10 minutes. We will be moving to Thread #6.

Don't want anyone to close the door on anyone while composing a post. :)

Ex-deputy charged with 2 killings under scrutiny
By Lori Kurtzman • Dec 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM

WAVERLY — The death threats began not long after Deputy Joel Jenkins shot and killed a suspect on a rural Pike County road. The county prosecutor, a gun enthusiast, lent Jenkins a couple of pistols for protection.

Months later, Jenkins might have shot his neighbor with one of those guns.

“We’re just all in shock,” said Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. “We would have never in a million years guessed this would have happened.”

Pike County is 400-some square miles of southern Ohio hills and winding roads, a place where folks get offended if you don’t raise a hand to say hello. It doesn’t have a single city. Even the county seat, Waverly, is only big enough to qualify as a village.

People know one another here, and they know one another’s business. Lately, everyone knows the troubles of Jenkins, now a former Pike County deputy sheriff facing the most-serious charge a person can.

Jenkins, 31, was indicted on Thursday on charges of murder and reckless homicide in the earlier death, and involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence in the more-recent one. A special grand jury heard both cases against Jenkins and decided there was enough evidence to formally accuse him.

Jenkins will have to answer for the March 28 death of Robert Rooker, a 26-year-old whom friends called Padro, and for the Dec. 3 death of Jason Brady, a 40-year-old neighbor who used to feed and walk Jenkins’ police dog.

Jenkins turned himself in on Friday. His bond was set at $200,000, according to a spokesman for the Ohio attorney general’s office. Officials would not tell The Dispatch whether he was still in jail on Friday night.

Jenkins was a deputy with Pike County for about three years and, Junk said, seemed to get along with everyone. He appeared to have none of the issues that had held him back in a previous job as a deputy in Fayette County, where he never made it out of a probationary period.

Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said Jenkins’ performance there in 2011 and 2012 was mediocre, and he was reprimanded for running his cruiser into an elderly man in a crosswalk. (The man was injured but survived.)

“Our hearts are broken for those families that have lost somebody to his actions,” Stanforth said. “It’s a tragedy, but he doesn’t reflect law enforcement. He reflects his own decision-making process.”

Details of both Pike County cases involving Jenkins are still fuzzy.

Rooker, who had spent a year in prison in 2009-10 for burglary and theft, was clocked speeding and reportedly rammed two cruisers during an ensuing chase on March 28. His vehicle crashed on a dead-end road 18 miles west of Waverly.

Another officer fired at Rooker’s vehicle, but Jenkins appears to be the only one whose bullets hit Rooker. No one else has been indicted in the man’s death.

A few days after Rooker died, Junk told the Chillicothe Gazette that “it looks like the officers were justified in doing what they did,” but Rooker’s friends began calling for further scrutiny into his death.

The state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation launched an investigation into the shooting. Jenkins was suspended but later returned to work. In May, Richard Henderson resigned as sheriff, and current Sheriff Charles Reader was chosen as his replacement.

“Once I was appointed, I could tell that there were still some issues” with Jenkins, Reader said.

The sheriff put Jenkins back on administrative leave and sent him to a mental-health professional.

When he was cleared to return, he headed to training on working with a dog and was paired with one named Gold.

“He seemed to be doing fine,” Reader said.

Then came the Dec. 3 shooting at Jenkins’ house. The deputy called a nonemergency line to report that he had accidentally shot Jason Brady in the head.

Brady was the kind of guy who went to every one of his teenage son’s ballgames and helped his mother with her medicine each night, said his friend of a decade,

Michael Mead. Friends simply called him Brady. He mowed neighbors’ lawns free of charge, including Jenkins’.

The officers who got to Jenkins’ house first said it was clear that Jenkins had been drinking. Local authorities called in state investigators, and Jenkins was quickly charged in Brady’s death and fired from his job.

The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. He routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends.

But he’s glad to have distance from the Jenkins prosecution.

“I’d have a hard time handling a case against someone I know really, really well,” he said.

———

©2015 The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio)

Visit The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio) at www.dispatch.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
http://www.norwalkreflector.com/Law-...ream&lp=10&p=1

This has been my speculation all along... One boss says "he had problems", but he was cleared to go back to work and bam a "harmless" guy is dead. Not accusing, but sure sounds like a person with a personality disorder who is capable of murder... And if there is a person who is a sociopath they are expert at deceiving, I wonder if he had had his hearing on the 22nd - or is it was postponed because of the murders? Also, sociopaths don't usually hurt children because they relate to them as "innocent".

This has been my speculation all along... One boss says "he had problems", but he was cleared to go back to work and bam a "harmless" guy is dead. Not accusing, but sure sounds like a person with a personality disorder who is capable of murder... I wonder if he had had his hearing on the 22nd - or is it was postponed because of the murders?
One that could be involved in things that haven't been discovered or exposed yet..

The racist part is not a known fact and the wording used to describe something can make the interpretation change drastically as you have done here, this post seems very disrespectful in my opinion and if you don't have an interest in helping further the case to bring justice to a murderer, then what is your point here...whatever they did, they were human and they were slaughtered like animals...that is not ok.....it's all about how you present things and you are playing up the wrong aspects

I agree. There's also no evidence they were getting ready to go "big time" in their drug operation. There's nothing wrong with racing in demolition derby's or going hunting in the woods. The teens and young adults who were killed were innocent as well. There's been so many rumors since their murders, it's very unfair to sit in judgment of the family at this point. They're victims of a terrible massacre.

I'm getting super p***ed off...there is no logical scenario that fits with an typical case I'm aware of...so many conflicting evidence points make it hard to connect to anyone type of murder plot...which is why I'm inclined to wish for help from the FBI because they may be able to figure out a profile no one else could but then again maybe not...they're are a few other unsolved family massacres I follow and they seem to be the hardest to crack...however this is even more unique bc of the multiple crime scenes and the spared children..this points me to a family member however the investigators are not acting as if they believe that...at this point of they truly don't have and specific idea narrowed down, I can't think of a reason the FBI wouldn't be called, or why the FBI wouldn't finally step in with a potential serial killer on the loose..all I can hope is the BCI knows alot and doesn't wanna tip their hand or those of us in the near vicinity should be extremely concerned bc anyone who is capable of targeting a family and wiping them out is capable of anything

FBI again, huh? They were called about a week ago, don't remember which day. We don't know why role they are playing, but I would guess a profile of the killer(s) would be likely, along with some electronic surveillance. Just guesses, all we know is they are involved.

Is the family photo from Ruby's Twitter? That's a pretty stupid thing to do. I fear the cartel will retaliate against my family, so here's a photo of how they look.

Right?!?! Not smart at all.

I am very behind, but that is just funny gosh............................

I agree. There's also no evidence they were getting ready to go "big time" in their drug operation. There's nothing wrong with racing in demolition derby's or going hunting in the woods. The teens and young adults who were killed were innocent as well. There's been so many rumors since their murders, it's very unfair to sit in judgment of the family at this point. They're victims of a terrible massacre.
Hunting.. Nothing wrong with hunting. If you eat meat, can't fault hunting. Hunted animals are killed more humanely than ones you buy in the store and packaged. They are also free animals and not raised to be slaughtered and raised in some bad conditions.

Also there is culling the herd that is helpful for the life of the animals and hunting helps this.

There is also understanding with certain lifestyles come certain risks. That doesn't mean they are deserved, that isn't judgmental, that doesn't mean justice isn't deserved, that doesn't mean people are less, that doesn't mean the tragedy is less, that doesn't mean the ones left behind aren't destroyed. Sometimes there are risks and most people don't realize they really could be at risk. That's just reality.

I don't think anyone is arguing with that. But it's naive to think people aren't going to judge and talk. They do and social media makes it worse. There is no way around it.

FBI again, huh? They were called about a week ago, don't remember which day. We don't know why role they are playing, but I would guess a profile of the killer(s) would be likely, along with some electronic surveillance. Just guesses, all we know is they are involved.

I really didn't wanna go there again but as a semi local I'm just getting frustrated

I don't think anyone is arguing with that. But it's naive to think people aren't going to judge and talk. They do and social media makes it worse. There is no way around it.
Yes some will, I think we have seen very little of that HERE.

I really didn't wanna go there again but as a semi local I'm just getting frustrated

I get that. Fingers crossed, they're building a case right now and zeroing in on someone. With no witnesses this will be a forensics and interview driven case. Those take time and updates may be slow in coming.

HEADS-UP!

This thread will be closing in 10 minutes. We will be moving to Thread #6.

Don't want anyone to close the door on anyone while composing a post. :)

2 minutes and we're moving! If you are composing a post, be safe and "select all & copy".

Oh come on

Cameras set up at the home of one of the Ohio massacre victims were removed by the killers, it was claimed on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-killers-removed-murderers.html#ixzz47GzRhjvU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is this what the attorney gen is referring to as very sophisticted people who are covering their tracks to impede arrest? I would not have to be Eintstein to know that if I just murdered a bunch of people I might want to wreck a darn camera that recordied me killing someone.

The dude just strikes me as a scmuck with each passing day..............pleeeaaassszzzzzzzzzzz

is this a typo

more than 2000 marijuana plants

Oh come on

Cameras set up at the home of one of the Ohio massacre victims were removed by the killers, it was claimed on Thursday.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-killers-removed-murderers.html#ixzz47GzRhjvU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Is this what the attorney gen is referring to as very sophisticted people who are covering their tracks to impede arrest? I would not have to be Eintstein to know that if I just murdered a bunch of people I might want to wreck a darn camera that recordied me killing someone.

The dude just strikes me as a scmuck with each passing day..............pleeeaaassszzzzzzzzzzz

is this a typo

more than 2000 marijuana plants

I think it's more the fact that it was likely trail cams, which are typically placed in several spots and not always super visible, so IF they were trail cams and removed, it's interesting someone would know this and where they are. Typically people have multiples out. This is common practice for hunting families, and with their growing, I'm sure this was a secondary reason to have them. They don't take pictures or video until movement is noted and typically are night vision, not setting off flashes. JMO.

I think it's more the fact that it was likely trail cams, which are typically placed in several spots and not always super visible, so IF they were trail cams and removed, it's interesting someone would know this and where they are. Typically people have multiples out. This is common practice for hunting families, and with their growing, I'm sure this was a secondary reason to have them. They don't take pictures or video until movement is noted and typically are night vision, not setting off flashes. JMO.
What if the perp had night vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member