OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think all of this was done because of Chris. Why go out of the way to kill Kenneth? I have a feeling it had to do with something they all knew about hence why they were all murdered. If it was some type of revenge against Chris, I don't understand it. He's dead so he's not grieving for his family. The only way killing his family would have hurt him is if he was forced to watch them die..which as of now, there's nothing to suggest that.
This just seems like it was carried out in anger.

Sophisticated, Doesn't sound like the local revenge squad and it's been said that they were probably not cartel targets. So who would have the skill and motive?

I just don't think all of this was done because of Chris. Why go out of the way to kill Kenneth? I have a feeling it had to do with something they all knew about hence why they were all murdered. If it was some type of revenge against Chris, I don't understand it. He's dead so he's not grieving for his family. The only way killing his family would have hurt him is if he was forced to watch them die..which as of now, there's nothing to suggest that.

This is even more sickening, but I can't help but wonder if it was Dana who was forced to know what was happening. I can't get over that LM said the "someone" knew her dog!

As I read the obits tonight, I have to think what mother could have lived thru this hell had she been spared? I hope someone is having a lot of sleepless nights. This case truly makes my heart hurt, regardless of the lifestyle so many people suffering. I think of Hannah Gilley's mom and those babies....so senseless.

It's a horrible tragedy. Such a huge loss for the families and especially the surviving children. Lifestyle really isn't an issue. IMO, growing pot should be legalized.

I don't sit in judgment of them. There have been many articles containing quotes from people in the community who spoke of what good people they were. They helped their families and neighbors, made a contribution to their community. In an article today from today, a woman who has a store nearby talked of how Dana helped her when her car broke down, Chris Sr. repaired it for free.

The biggest shock, Reno says, is that a tragedy of this magnitude happened within four miles of her home and store.

"I just can't believe this happened here. I feel sad every time I see those pictures of the family," she said. "Mom and sis had a flat tire on Union Hill Road one time. Dana saw them and told them to take the car to her house and that Chris would change the tire. Chris, Sr. changed the tire, and mom told him to come to the store to get a couple free pizzas, as a way to thank him, but Dana said 'That's what neighbors are for'. Mom even offered to pay him, and he said 'No' and wouldn't take any money either."

http://www.perrytribune.com/news/article_f342dbd0-5346-5a2b-a157-20f39dbb7105.html?mode=jqm

Without exception, their friends, neighbors and employers referred to them as hard workers - people trying to get by and take care of their families.

The younger ones had good futures ahead of them, now lost. So sad. RIP.

As far as Chris.. Because anything they were all involved with, I think Chris was the "boss".

And look whose family was wiped off the earth,.

But growing pot is not legal there. And since it's not, doing so comes with unsavory characters. It also makes you a criminal. We can't pick and chose. It is what it is.

http://local12.com/news/local/pike-county-vigil-held-for-eight-people-killed-in-massacre

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ike-county-victims-remembered-vigil/83703182/

Stacie Rigsby, Kenneth Rhoden’s ex-wife, and 19-year-old daughter Kendra Rhoden stood on a platform at the end of the building and addressed the crowd shortly after 8 p.m.

“We also want to thank everyone for being here, coming out to support our family," Rigsby said. "The prayers and love that has been shown to our family is simply amazing. No words at all can express how we feel as a community for all of you coming together for us."

As far as Chris.. Because anything they were all involved with, I think Chris was the "boss".

And look whose family was wiped off the earth,.

Yes it does seem like that since he owned all the property and what not.

I don't judge at all, could care less who smokes pot, who doesn't, who grows it etc., I just meant it seems news media etc. are judging and at the end of the day no one has the right to enter someone's home and kill them....NO ONE!

I wonder who LE is providing security for? Is it security or are they keeping close tabs to make sure someone doesn't skip town before DNA etc. comes in. If LE keeps family terrified it's a little easier to offer "protection", but is it really protection?

It's a horrible tragedy. Such a huge loss for the families and especially the surviving children. Lifestyle really isn't an issue. IMO, growing pot should be legalized.

I don't sit in judgment of them. There have been many articles containing quotes from people in the community who spoke of what good people they were. They helped their families and neighbors, made a contribution to their community. In an article today from today, a woman who has a store nearby talked of how Dana helped her when her car broke down, Chris Sr. repaired it for free.

http://www.perrytribune.com/news/article_f342dbd0-5346-5a2b-a157-20f39dbb7105.html?mode=jqm

Without exception, their friends, neighbors and employers referred to them as hard workers - people trying to get by and take care of their families.

The younger ones had good futures ahead of them, now lost. So sad. RIP.

She may have truly just overslept as she stated, there was a new born baby in the home that may have been up crying during the night.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

She may have truly just overslept as she stated, there was a new born baby in the home that may have been up crying during the night.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I agree. I think it can be noted, but it could be nothing. Same with the extra shift she covered, if she's anything like me, and everyone says she's a hard worker, she may have always been the "go to". My company knows I will take any extra shift because that means OT which to me is money, which we don't have a ton of. Any extra money to me I jump on, she may have been the same way.

ETA: Especially with a new baby in the house.

Ok

The road that Chris Sr and Dana lived on could be entered from 2 ways
Rt 32 and I don't know the other one. But it was on a map I saw.

If 32, killer/killers went by Dana's house first, then abt 1 1/2 miles east past her house you come to Chris Sr and Frankie's.

Then killer/ killer either went to Kenneth's or left Kenneth's and went 6-8 miles-approx 10 mins to the others.

I just can't imagine the fuel anger, hate, torture, greed that this person/persons had to do this.

And how no one saw a thing.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ex-deputy charged with 2 killings under scrutiny
By Lori Kurtzman • Dec 13, 2015 at 2:00 PM

WAVERLY — The death threats began not long after Deputy Joel Jenkins shot and killed a suspect on a rural Pike County road. The county prosecutor, a gun enthusiast, lent Jenkins a couple of pistols for protection.

Months later, Jenkins might have shot his neighbor with one of those guns.

“We’re just all in shock,” said Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. “We would have never in a million years guessed this would have happened.”

Pike County is 400-some square miles of southern Ohio hills and winding roads, a place where folks get offended if you don’t raise a hand to say hello. It doesn’t have a single city. Even the county seat, Waverly, is only big enough to qualify as a village.

People know one another here, and they know one another’s business. Lately, everyone knows the troubles of Jenkins, now a former Pike County deputy sheriff facing the most-serious charge a person can.

Jenkins, 31, was indicted on Thursday on charges of murder and reckless homicide in the earlier death, and involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide and tampering with evidence in the more-recent one. A special grand jury heard both cases against Jenkins and decided there was enough evidence to formally accuse him.

Jenkins will have to answer for the March 28 death of Robert Rooker, a 26-year-old whom friends called Padro, and for the Dec. 3 death of Jason Brady, a 40-year-old neighbor who used to feed and walk Jenkins’ police dog.

Jenkins turned himself in on Friday. His bond was set at $200,000, according to a spokesman for the Ohio attorney general’s office. Officials would not tell The Dispatch whether he was still in jail on Friday night.

Jenkins was a deputy with Pike County for about three years and, Junk said, seemed to get along with everyone. He appeared to have none of the issues that had held him back in a previous job as a deputy in Fayette County, where he never made it out of a probationary period.

Fayette County Sheriff Vernon Stanforth said Jenkins’ performance there in 2011 and 2012 was mediocre, and he was reprimanded for running his cruiser into an elderly man in a crosswalk. (The man was injured but survived.)

“Our hearts are broken for those families that have lost somebody to his actions,” Stanforth said. “It’s a tragedy, but he doesn’t reflect law enforcement. He reflects his own decision-making process.”

Details of both Pike County cases involving Jenkins are still fuzzy.

Rooker, who had spent a year in prison in 2009-10 for burglary and theft, was clocked speeding and reportedly rammed two cruisers during an ensuing chase on March 28. His vehicle crashed on a dead-end road 18 miles west of Waverly.

Another officer fired at Rooker’s vehicle, but Jenkins appears to be the only one whose bullets hit Rooker. No one else has been indicted in the man’s death.

A few days after Rooker died, Junk told the Chillicothe Gazette that “it looks like the officers were justified in doing what they did,” but Rooker’s friends began calling for further scrutiny into his death.

The state’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation launched an investigation into the shooting. Jenkins was suspended but later returned to work. In May, Richard Henderson resigned as sheriff, and current Sheriff Charles Reader was chosen as his replacement.

“Once I was appointed, I could tell that there were still some issues” with Jenkins, Reader said.

The sheriff put Jenkins back on administrative leave and sent him to a mental-health professional.

When he was cleared to return, he headed to training on working with a dog and was paired with one named Gold.

“He seemed to be doing fine,” Reader said.

Then came the Dec. 3 shooting at Jenkins’ house. The deputy called a nonemergency line to report that he had accidentally shot Jason Brady in the head.

Brady was the kind of guy who went to every one of his teenage son’s ballgames and helped his mother with her medicine each night, said his friend of a decade,

Michael Mead. Friends simply called him Brady. He mowed neighbors’ lawns free of charge, including Jenkins’.

The officers who got to Jenkins’ house first said it was clear that Jenkins had been drinking. Local authorities called in state investigators, and Jenkins was quickly charged in Brady’s death and fired from his job.

The Pike County case has gained national attention as well as curiosity from those who wonder why a prosecutor would lend a gun to a deputy. Junk said that’s just how it goes in tight-knit communities such as his. He routinely trades, sells and lends guns to law-enforcement officers and friends.

But he’s glad to have distance from the Jenkins prosecution.

“I’d have a hard time handling a case against someone I know really, really well,” he said.

———

©2015 The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio)

Visit The Columbus Dispatch (Columbus, Ohio) at www.dispatch.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
http://www.norwalkreflector.com/Law-...ream&lp=10&p=1

I guess sophisticated is starting to make a little more sense to me.

If LE has as little information as they imply, (obviously I know information is being withheld as well.) then this is quite sophisticated for someone to be able to get away with the murder of 8 people in 4 locations and still be running free a week later.

I understand LE could be building an airtight case, but I'm not sure they would be letting someone (or someone's) this dangerous having the opportunity to flee (or hurt more people for that matter) that's the only thing that concerns me that they really don't have a clue. I can't imagine how on edge everyone else for so many reasons, including people that may have "done business" with the Rhoden's.. Like sold large amounts of pot from them to others, like it so much goes, especially with an operation that big and younger kids, I'm sure many people would buy an ounce to sell to their friends and so on and so forth.

I know it's hard for people not in the rural country culture to understand the workings, but it's very normal out in the country where I live for people to smoke and or grow pot. Pretty much anyone you meet. (Granted I do live in a medically legalized state, but it certainly was around before legalization). Fighting, racing, being tough, thinking you can take care of things on your own, again, normal. Guns, hunting, normal. It's not even a second thought out in these parts. Finding ways to make money like flipping cars, selling on garage sale sites, normal, most can't afford to get paid minimum wage to drive a distance into a bigger area with more job selections than working at the run down gas station.

While the Rhoden's were certainly involved in illegal activities, I don't at all think they were bad people. I think they were surviving and I think they fit into their culture well.

Unfortunately, I think they obviously ticked off the wrong person in these activities, which is always possible - and easy in small towns with the way rumors run. Everyone knows everything about everyone in these small towns, and half of it isn't true, but it doesn't matter.

I feel bad that people in their community seem to act like they don't matter because they were growing pot. I don't agree with the animal fighting, but I don't think that's been 100% confirmed (though obviously very likely) I really think they were doing anything to make a buck.

I don't think the issue as far as how people may be judging them is about growing and smoking pot like others typically do. It's more the impression that they were in this or about to go into it big time. Enough so, that it may have caused the murders of innocent people and the devastation of a family.

It is somewhat confusing to me when some folks seem to read what some are posting as being "bad" or "disrepectful". Collectivliy its a bright a group.

These are just the facts. The family has a huge criminal history, abuses their dogs by tying them up all day, are crashing cars into each other for recreation, like shooting at living defensless little animals, , is apparently getting its entertainment by watching animals maul themselves to death, are racist, have been sued for not paying their bills, are beating each other up, growing weed (I am not anti pot).

We can all safely assume that noone gets "caught" everytime they break a law, so it is probably reasonable to come to the conclusion that this is just the tip of an iceberg.

It is with much confdience that I speculate that Walter from Breaking Bad has visited - just has not been released. .

These are not "judgements", it is basically reporting facts. Now, as a human being , most would consider the above mentioned as negative facts. That is not really a judgement - if we took a man on the street survey I think most would not find the above mentioned entities positive character traits. Just mo

We can all have empathy for that set of circumstances , but it does not really IMO, have anything to do with being disrespsectful - its on paper - just the facts.... this is how these folks lived their lives..as documented.

I'm getting super p***ed off...there is no logical scenario that fits with an typical case I'm aware of...so many conflicting evidence points make it hard to connect to anyone type of murder plot...which is why I'm inclined to wish for help from the FBI because they may be able to figure out a profile no one else could but then again maybe not...they're are a few other unsolved family massacres I follow and they seem to be the hardest to crack...however this is even more unique bc of the multiple crime scenes and the spared children..this points me to a family member however the investigators are not acting as if they believe that...at this point of they truly don't have and specific idea narrowed down, I can't think of a reason the FBI wouldn't be called, or why the FBI wouldn't finally step in with a potential serial killer on the loose..all I can hope is the BCI knows alot and doesn't wanna tip their hand or those of us in the near vicinity should be extremely concerned bc anyone who is capable of targeting a family and wiping them out is capable of anything

There is also understanding with certain lifestyles come certain risks. That doesn't mean they are deserved, that isn't judgmental, that doesn't mean justice isn't deserved, that doesn't mean people are less, that doesn't mean the tragedy is less, that doesn't mean the ones left behind aren't destroyed. Sometimes there are risks and most people don't realize they really could be at risk. That's just reality.

Ok

The road that Chris Sr and Dana lived on could be entered from 2 ways
Rt 32 and I don't know the other one. But it was on a map I saw.

If 32, killer/killers went by Dana's house first, then abt 1 1/2 miles east past her house you come to Chris Sr and Frankie's.

Then killer/ killer either went to Kenneth's or left Kenneth's and went 6-8 miles-approx 10 mins to the others.

I just can't imagine the fuel anger, hate, torture, greed that this person/persons had to do this.

And how no one saw a thing.

JMO

I think almost all property on that road is owned by Chris isn't it? Also very rural and probably not well traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay