OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Thinking out loud)....

The few cases ( that I'm familiar with) where a whole family was targeted and murdered....the killer was or directly tied to a " business partner" of the father ( of the families that were murdered)

So the obvious question.....did the father IIRC CR Sr. Have a person/ partner that felt betrayed/ taken advantage of...or want d revenge?

Do you happen to know what the question was? Looking for context.

It was along the lines have the Rhodens had contact with your dept. His answer (which was not the uestion) me personally no. Of course not - that part is true. He is admin - do I blelive him when he says he has not placed handcuffs on a Rhoden family member, yeh I do .

That was not the question !

re: or not he was personally involved in their cases.

I think what is the deal is it was a maniulative response. He knew the reporter could care less if he personally had arrested a Rhoden.

A honest answer would sound like , I have not had any personal invoement , I am however aware that the family has a long history with my dept.

All over, especially because he was in a camper and the bed was up and in an enclosed space.

I'm not very familiar with what the inside of a camper looks like. Could anyone educate me about the typical setup?

I think that's why I'm confused about his cousin saying he looked up and saw him. They are fairly small spaces, right? If he was found in the bed, would that mean he was probably shot while sleeping or he didn't have time to get up and respond if he heard noises that woke him up?

I'm not very familiar with what the inside of a camper looks like. Could anyone educate me about the a typical setup?

I think that's why I'm confused about his cousin saying he looked up and saw him. They are fairly small spaces, right? If he was found in the bed, would that mean he was probably shot while sleeping or he didn't have time to get up and respond if he heard noise woke up?

Could it have been a loft bed? Not uncommon in campers, because of limited space.

The money thing, if there's any validity to it, might send a message of, "here's your damn money!"
Maybe someone owed the family money, the family was hounding/harassing them about it, and the person snapped and killed them. Then threw some money at Kenneth's feet.

I don't know. It could be absolutely anything at this point. We haven't ruled out bigfoot, either.

I have .....................

the information about the key

me too way off.............................BUT I def think it sounded like she said Pls dont hurt me - so I think a gun was at her head at time of 911 call just speculating of course

I'm still catching up, about 20 pages behind, but I just had a totally crazy thought that I don't think I've seen anyone suggest yet.

Kenneth seems like the outlying data point here in many ways, doesn't he? And he was found so much later than the others. What if someone heard through rumor what had happened to the other 7 and decided to take this opportunity to off Kenneth for personal/unrelated reasons? A quick turnaround copycat murder. It's not the most likely scenario, but it could explain some things. Also, if Kenneth is excluded from the initial murder sets, everything changes -- for example, Chris Sr doesn't have to be the locus anymore. He's the only connection to Gary, but since Gary was with him, it's possible that he was collateral damage. Now Chris and Dana and their immediate family look like the targets.

This is, of course, all speculation, just trying to come at it from another angle.

And here at 17:48, the Sheriff says they are familiar with the Rhoden family and when asked if they knew them in criminal nature, he said I won't comment on that then added that he has never been involved with that family in a criminal nature and he has been in LE for 20 years. I think that's true - I don't remember seeing his name on any of the court listings, even for a traffic violation.

[video=youtube;el3S5Qi-yXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el3S5Qi-yXk[/video]
That is the point, he gave a political spin answer.

WOW I don't FB so I can't snoop as much as I'd like.....but try to think of a way to get us thinking how Gary may be a target without violating TOS.............LOL. TY, JMO
You should set up a FB for this.

I thought his no comment, but I personally haven't had interaction of a criminal nature was truthful. What about it bothers you?
He knew exactly what the press was asking and he knew the answers. They wanted to know if these people had criminal interactions with LE.

Me too KK! It is a dept of 12.In any field workers socialize.If there is any truth in his stance - well iMO we have a much bigger problem in the area. These guys have nothing to do- its not like Chicago!

IMO lots going on here ...we shall see (probably not!) once the media tires , it will go away ....... AG dude knows this! He was in congress for decades, they are the masters of hot air!!
Yeah in a community that small, the sheriff is aware of all arrested. Just seemed like something that made it sound like they had no LE interactions and it would come out.

In my city, we have about 15 substations and that doesn't include the main precinct. I would expect our sherrif to say his office was familiar with minor arrests, etc.

on garys friends?
Yes. The person whose page I ended up viewing, and whose relationships I ended up seeing, is someone that has been mentioned in this thread.
Best wishes to her and her new boyfriend. Such a shame that the first anniversary of their relationship will be on the first anniversary of such a terrible day.

(kay, now zipping my mouth)

(Thinking out loud)....

The few cases ( that I'm familiar with) where a whole family was targeted and murdered....the killer was or directly tied to a " business partner" of the father ( of the families that were murdered)

So the obvious question.....did the father IIRC CR Sr. Have a person/ partner that felt betrayed/ taken advantage of...or want d revenge?
It seems there were no "partners" but family.

He knew exactly what the press was asking and he knew the answers. They wanted to know if these people had criminal interactions with LE.

Out of curiosity, if the department was working with one of the family members as a CI, how do you think Reader should handle that question? Not being snarky just interested in how it should be handled if that were the case.

I have many issues with Mr Stone! IMO, he is the most likely to, if we go to m/s , to have removed the gun disposed of , come back 4 hours later and 911 it.

Do I think he knew about it advance? nah. BUt he obviouly had followed it on news. He went over there , saw him shot a gun on the floor, realaized it was his dear friend , did not want his friend remember for this , and ditched the gun .

That is not my number one theroy but it comes in on the chart at a #2 AND RISING

I'm not very familiar with what the inside of a camper looks like. Could anyone educate me about the typical setup?

I think that's why I'm confused about his cousin saying he looked up and saw him. They are fairly small spaces, right? If he was found in the bed, would that mean he was probably shot while sleeping or he didn't have time to get up and respond if he heard noises that woke him up?
Here is a picture of one, there are smaller ones also. Generally the bed is like a bunk in that upper right section.
087792a95ea497964eabfe2ff62c1854.jpg

Yes, but he answered the same as everything else...not going to comment on that. And with the exception of GR, whose record I haven't seen and who doesn't live in his county, I don't see anything that screams criminal or recent. I looked up my family in my hometown last night and we look as bad or worse than the Rhodens :blushing:

Out of curiosity, if the department was working with one of the family members as a CI, how do you think Reader should handle that question? Not being snarky just interested in how it should be handled if that were the case.
He should have been honest because the press was asking about arrest records and they are public info.

If they weren't public info that would be different, but the fact they are made the sheriff look like he was hiding something or being dishonest, even if he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper