OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was not cartel, hit men, military, security or trained killers. Too many shots for any of those. What was it 32 gsw? A hit man needs 8. Period. Not cartel or a middle man. Too noticeable. Locals know locals. If an outsider is hanging around, a local saw the middle man then and someone would say something about seeing CR spending time with some guy that wasn't from around there. Surely someone would mention any new people around the town. This was a person that knows the family and has been to all the homes. I don't think there would be any reason for CR1 to just go around giving tours of all the property he owns. People keep saying this was sophisticated and professional but in reality I've been through a few scenarios in my head and have come up with different ways these murders could be pulled off in a matter of minutes. It's not that hard to think about it and plan it. LE knows it's local. That's probably why they haven't requested much help from different agencies. I believe they probably have a very good idea who did it and they are trying to build a case and waiting for the killers to mess up.

I think they're locals, but from there, or any of the surrounding areas, because I think Candy Newsome and her daughter's executions were done by the same group.

Trying to catch up is like trying to bail with a sieve.

Cameras: Our security cameras upload directly to an external server. I don't know about trail cams, but it doesn't make sense to me that data would be stored locally.

Their lifestyle: It is what it is, there. I just don't see any connection in the big picture. With all the information that has come to light, I still think (and I said this in an earlier thread) that BJM's 911 call was "off". She offered info about the door being locked, when the operator didn't ask if the door was locked. Then again, it's easy to analyze it from the safety of our own homes. :thinking:

Totally agree!

Skimmed to catch up, tried not to miss too much but I've been gone a lot today.

Has this been posted yet? Sorry if it has.

Interview with Kenneth Rhoden, Gary's dad. I wouldn't mess with this man, he seems tough as nails, either that or it's the grieving.

Reporter asks him what he'd say to the person or persons responsible, he says "Well, really? You might not want to hear it." Reporter: Wanna give it a shot. His answer; "I'd like to take 'em and torture 'em".

He thinks it's more than 2 people, they laid out/figured out everything, it was laid out.

[video=youtube;4NCX8nLDnX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCX8nLDnX8[/video]

Does anyone know if they still had their phones on them or if they were taken.

Also, is there a reason that we dont want to compromise our investiagation (Smile now ) why they cant tell us where what etc about the doggies. I wanna know if they are OK. I can not come up with a reason why that should be this big secret wth?

Here's some info I posted in thread 5 re dogs:

I sent an email to Mike Campbell from WHIO regarding the dogs. Its been driving me crazy wondering about the dogs. Here is his response:

"I’ve been down there all week and spoken off-camera to some family members. No one indicated anything bad happened to any of the

Dogs or other animals. I believe they are fine, no reports of any problems."

Campbell, Mike (CMG-Dayton) Mike.Campbell@cmgohio.com

So not difinitive but IMO if dogs were actually missing/injured/dead it might be an issue?

It's really hard to watch Leonard, it's so obvious he so deeply wounded over this.

I love Leonard. I think he is quite the character and probably a pretty good representative of the family. The way he talks, acts, dresses. When he says "no, now I ain't gonna talk about that". His son must have got his truck back, that's the way you do it. I remember that two trucks were towed from the scene. I believe they said one was connected to the murder and the other was not. I think the sons was towed about tags if I recall. I hope he wasn't charged a tow fee or impound fees. Some folks need to talk through their grief. I think he's great

I love Leonard. I think he is quite the character and probably a pretty good representative of the family. The way he talks, acts, dresses. When he says "no, now I ain't gonna talk about that". His son must have got his truck back, that's the way you do it. I remember that two trucks were towed from the scene. I believe they said one was connected to the murder and the other was not. I think the sons was towed about tags if I recall. I hope he wasn't charged a tow fee or impound fees. Some folks need to talk through their grief. I think he's great

He's a very likable personality. Poor guy...

W
Here's some info I posted in thread 5 re dogs:

I sent an email to Mike Campbell from WHIO regarding the dogs. Its been driving me crazy wondering about the dogs. Here is his response:

"I’ve been down there all week and spoken off-camera to some family members. No one indicated anything bad happened to any of the

Dogs or other animals. I believe they are fine, no reports of any problems."

Campbell, Mike (CMG-Dayton) Mike.Campbell@cmgohio.com

So not difinitive but IMO if dogs were actually missing/injured/dead it might be an issue?

I think the only issues are the pit bulls. The other dogs are coon dogs or hunting dogs if I recall. Coon dogs are generally mild mannered and easy to get a long with. They're used for hunting not protection

I like Leonard too. He's just an open book and country as can be. Can't help but like him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

W

I think the only issues are the pit bulls. The other dogs are coon dogs or hunting dogs if I recall. Coon dogs are generally mild mannered and easy to get a long with. They're used for hunting not protection

I want to talk about Coon dogs. Someone on the thread earlier said these folks abused their animals because they were tied up. Wrong. A Coon dog is called that as they hunt for animals- racoon and such. They will hear a noise, follow that noise, use their sense of smell and find the animal and chase it up a tree. Then they'll wait there for the hunter to arrive. They can work in packs or alone.

It looks to me like the Rhodens had Walkers. These dogs are expensive, but not the type of dog you would have hanging out in your house or roaming the yard for protection. They do not bark- but rather it is more of a "baying at the moon" noise and they do it off and on all the time. Not really to alert that a person is around- just cause they feel like it. They are not territorial. You would not use one for a guard dog.

Now. The nature of the breed is to hear and noise and follow it. If you leave them to roam- they WILL roam and you will lose them. They put their nose to the ground and follow a noise. Then they hear another noise and follow that noise and before you know if they're in the next county and don't know how to get home. We have them lost here ALL THE TIME. If anything moves- a rabbit, a mouse, a cat- they're going after it. It is their NATURE.

If you think it's "abuse" to chain the dog, I'm sorry. These are not family pets. They are working dogs with a purpose.

You could crate the dog- but they require a LOT of exercise and an owner would have them off leash and training daily until they were tired. Then they would be leashed while they slept. And they require expensive feed- not dollar store dog food.

They are VERY friendly. They like people and they like attention. They would not bite you if you were a stranger- they'd want to be petted. If you had a treat you'd be in the gravy. But if they were chained, they would not have acted any differently if strangers showed up.

Okay- I'm off my soap box. If you do not understand how Appalachia people farm, use their animals, relate to other people etc. you should really not say anything ugly and untrue about them.
Now maybe we should talk about pit bulls- as they are a totally different breed, with a different purpose.

This was not cartel, hit men, military, security or trained killers. Too many shots for any of those. What was it 32 gsw? A hit man needs 8. Period. Not cartel or a middle man. Too noticeable. Locals know locals. If an outsider is hanging around, a local saw the middle man then and someone would say something about seeing CR spending time with some guy that wasn't from around there. Surely someone would mention any new people around the town. This was a person that knows the family and has been to all the homes. I don't think there would be any reason for CR1 to just go around giving tours of all the property he owns. People keep saying this was sophisticated and professional but in reality I've been through a few scenarios in my head and have come up with different ways these murders could be pulled off in a matter of minutes. It's not that hard to think about it and plan it. LE knows it's local. That's probably why they haven't requested much help from different agencies. I believe they probably have a very good idea who did it and they are trying to build a case and waiting for the killers to mess up.

This is what I think too - that it is local and the murderers were known to the victims and the victims did not see this coming. LE may be trying to cement the motive with specific evidence before they issue warrants for arrest. As for a motive - I'm thinking there may have been some sort of financial gain involved.

Very hard to watch that interview with Gary's father Kenneth. He's obviously a man not used to showing emotion on the outside but you can see him just swallowing down the mixture of grief and outrage at losing his son and son's family. My heart goes out to him. I hope they find the bastards that did this.

Skimmed to catch up, tried not to miss too much but I've been gone a lot today.

Has this been posted yet? Sorry if it has.

Interview with Kenneth Rhoden, Gary's dad. I wouldn't mess with this man, he seems tough as nails, either that or it's the grieving.

Reporter asks him what he'd say to the person or persons responsible, he says "Well, really? You might not want to hear it." Reporter: Wanna give it a shot. His answer; "I'd like to take 'em and torture 'em".

He thinks it's more than 2 people, they laid out/figured out everything, it was laid out.

[video=youtube;4NCX8nLDnX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NCX8nLDnX8[/video]

This video is incredibly sad to watch; his grief is palpable.

I got mad at these press guys in the beginning because anyone could see this man is dealing with an enormous amount of pain. He was fighting back tears yet also seemed numb and dazed. Like his mind was somewhere else a million miles away. (I'm sure it probably was.) He was only giving them one word answers to begin with and the guy just kept asking questions and shoving the microphone in his face. After a minute or two, he started to elaborate on his answers a bit more so I guess he was okay with their questions.

I'll give the reporter guys a pass just this one time. :crazy:

This video is incredibly sad to watch; his grief is palpable.

I got mad at these press guys in the beginning because anyone could see this man is dealing with an enormous amount of pain. He was fighting back tears yet also seemed numb and dazed. Like his mind was somewhere else a million miles away. (I'm sure it probably was.) He was only giving them one word answers to begin with and the guy just kept asking questions and shoving the microphone in his face. After a minute or two, he started to elaborate on his answers a bit more so I guess he was okay with their questions.

I'll give the reporter guys a pass just this one time. :crazy:

He also says there was no forced entry and believes whoever did this knew the family and planned it out. God give him strength.

I want to talk about Coon dogs. Someone on the thread earlier said these folks abused their animals because they were tied up. Wrong.

Well also the chaining makes a difference and you could see by the worn area, they had long chains.

That's one thing many don't realize, when people in the county or a farm have a working animal, it is for a purpose. If someone has cows or sheep and they have a herding dog, they have it for a reason and it is to do its job. I've seen shows where people have a purebred dog and have behavior issues and get an expert. The expert will tell them the animal isn't doing the thing it needs to do.

If you have a herder dog in the city, you are going to have to work hard to find activities to satisfy that dog or they will act out and be unhappy.

Throw a herding dog out in the field with a bunch of cows and they couldn't be happier.

Knowing the area where this happened, poverty is overwhelming. I can't help but wonder if the younger son possibly "bragged" to a friend and maybe even showed the friend the "set up" and that friend shared with a relative (innocently, just gossiping) and this who,e thing was set into motion.... I keep thinking it was about the money. $100,000 in this community would be like a million some place else. Would love to know if they had safes with cash, could explain the beating.

Because of the kids and Hannah, one could have controlled that situation by threatening Hannah and the kids.

I wonder if Frankies 3 yr old can communicate anything about this.....................poor little kid. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB