OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, this is not a drug cartel hit. In fact if they are in the area they are probably hating all the police presence/national attention now and most likely stopped production for awhile. When I have seen stories about cartel hits to victims it was usually because the victims betrayed them or tried to get out of the drug gang. That is what happened in Georgia when 5 victims were murdered by a Mexican drug gang out of Texas. The father of the family who was murdered along with his family had testified against one of them in Texas and then relocated to Georgia hoping the drug cartel wouldn't find them. They did find them and came in execution style and shot all in the head including their three small children.

I cant see the Rhoden victims being in cahoots with a Mexican drug cartel. Their family is so large there was no need to have the Mexican drug gangs involved.

This is personal and I don't even believe it had anything to do with the pot operation they had. That had probably been going on for years and I am sure many in the community knew about it but didn't care one way or the other. Despite their behaviors at times they did seem to be well liked by many in the community. It wouldn't surprise me if most who live there are like the Rhoden family and also have had run ins with the law from time to time or with others in the community about some spat or another.

Personally I have found the Daily Mail to be factual in many cases covered here. They have reporters living in the US and it seems they do get many of the interviews with families of murdered victims first. Their photographs are actually some of the best and beat the US news outlets hands down most of the time. So I do believe Stone did tell them that cameras were at the camper but had been removed. Imo, that means it is someone they all knew well. Whoever this is knew all the layouts of the home and properties and also where cameras were. Only someone who had been there countless times at all four locations would know all of this.

I think the motive will be a personal one but what is puzzling is why murder all of them? I find it hard to believe that all 8 had made the same suspect/s mad about something that they wanted to murder them all. Dana seem to work a lot so I cant see her going around pissing someone off enough to want to murder her yet she was also murdered. Strange.

I am not sure Chris Sr was the actual target either. It really could be any one of them. The 9 shots doesn't necessarily mean more anger was directed toward that victim. That victim could have been trying to flee and in the melee was struck 9 times because it took 9 shots to finally bring them down. The ones to the extremities would finally incapacitate them and then when they finally fell they were shot in the head to finish them off.

This could be another family member or someone else thought to be a very close friend but I don't think it has anything to do with wanting the three children who were left alive nor do I think it is about property issues. This was done out of anger against maybe one and they were so angry with that one victim they wanted to eradicate as many of the Rhoden family connected to that person as they could.

Imo they had help. I don't think the shooters used silencers so for them to murder the victims in two different homes that sat close to each other there had to be more than one involved. I think whoever did this they went into Dana and Chris Sr. home at the same time. That way the victims were being shot at the same time giving no warning for any of them to hear the gunshots coming from each others home.

At one of the homes there wasn't even a pot operation found from what has been said. What was there though was Rhoden family member/s and that is why that home was hit in order to make sure all the Rhoden family in that particular area was wiped out.

IMO

I think you mean Frankie and Chris Sr at the same time since they were next door and not Dana?

When a request is made to LE for the audio or transcript of the 911 calls, does LE have to release ALL of the 911 calls related to the incident? Or can they only release one or two calls? I'm wondering if there were additional calls made as bodies were found and just weren't released.

I keep going back to one of the CNN articles that mentioned "calls" coming in that morning. Not a single call. Plural. And it mentioned the morning... so I took that to mean that didn't include the call in the afternoon about Kenneth. So I don't know if that was just poor writing of the article, or if there was some other 911 call made in the morning that we haven't heard about.

Imo, this is not a drug cartel hit. In fact if they are in the area they are probably hating all the police presence/national attention now and most likely stopped production for awhile. When I have seen stories about cartel hits to victims it was usually because the victims betrayed them or tried to get out of the drug gang. That is what happened in Georgia when 5 victims were murdered by a Mexican drug gang out of Texas. The father of the family who was murdered along with his family had testified against one of them in Texas and then relocated to Georgia hoping the drug cartel wouldn't find them. They did find them and came in execution style and shot all in the head including their three small children.

I cant see the Rhoden victims being in cahoots with a Mexican drug cartel. Their family is so large there was no need to have the Mexican drug gangs involved.

This is personal and I don't even believe it had anything to do with the pot operation they had. That had probably been going on for years and I am sure many in the community knew about it but didn't care one way or the other. Despite their behaviors at times they did seem to be well liked by many in the community. It wouldn't surprise me if most who live there are like the Rhoden family and also have had run ins with the law from time to time or with others in the community about some spat or another.

Personally I have found the Daily Mail to be factual in many cases covered here. They have reporters living in the US and it seems they do get many of the interviews with families of murdered victims first. Their photographs are actually some of the best and beat the US news outlets hands down most of the time. So I do believe Stone did tell them that cameras were at the camper but had been removed. Imo, that means it is someone they all knew well. Whoever this is knew all the layouts of the home and properties and also where cameras were. Only someone who had been there countless times at all four locations would know all of this.

I think the motive will be a personal one but what is puzzling is why murder all of them? I find it hard to believe that all 8 had made the same suspect/s mad about something that they wanted to murder them all. Dana seem to work a lot so I cant see her going around pissing someone off enough to want to murder her yet she was also murdered. Strange.

I am not sure Chris Sr was the actual target either. It really could be any one of them. The 9 shots doesn't necessarily mean more anger was directed toward that victim. That victim could have been trying to flee and in the melee was struck 9 times because it took 9 shots to finally bring them down. The ones to the extremities would finally incapacitate them and then when they finally fell they were shot in the head to finish them off.

This could be another family member or someone else thought to be a very close friend but I don't think it has anything to do with wanting the three children who were left alive nor do I think it is about property issues. This was done out of anger against maybe one and they were so angry with that one victim they wanted to eradicate as many of the Rhoden family connected to that person as they could.

Imo they had help. I don't think the shooters used silencers so for them to murder the victims in two different homes that sat close to each other there had to be more than one involved. I think whoever did this they went into Dana and Chris Sr. home at the same time. That way the victims were being shot at the same time giving no warning for any of them to hear the gunshots coming from each others home.

At one of the homes there wasn't even a pot operation found from what has been said. What was there though was Rhoden family member/s and that is why that home was hit in order to make sure all the Rhoden family in that particular area was wiped out.

IMO
I wavered for some time on the cartel connection until I did some digging and research.
What if, say our thought of cartel definition is defined by what WAS the norm associated with them and that is now out dated information.
What if, the sheriff and AG TRULY mean every word regarding "sophistication"and "organized"?
What if the victims can be traced to a group recently busted in California? But not just for the drug aspect?
What if this is not "hillbilly justice", but of an international (non-mexican) group?

I wonder if Dana or Chris were getting threats, causing Chris to move her and the kids next to him for safety.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think so. I think Chris and his family were the target.

I think that maybe who they are trying to get to is still alive. I don't see why all these people had to die otherwise????? Lay out a scenario why all of these people had to die please.

Something to keep in perspective - just 7 people were killed in the St. Valentine's Day Massacre.

Living in rural MI.. I heard three gunshots this morning around 0600-0630. Typically, I don't even bat an eye, today it caught my attention because I keep creeping myself out with this case before bed. Turns out someone was just hunting nearby, as usual.

Hypothetically, if these murders occurred around those hours, like 4,5,6.. The reason why someone may have heard them and not thought anything is because A. Living in the country, you literally hear gunshots all the time. B. Avid hunters are typically up early before the sun comes up and call it a day by 8-9 in the morning.

JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that maybe who they are trying to get to is still alive. I don't see why all these people had to die otherwise????? Lay out a scenario why all of these people had to die please.
Because this ended them.

Is it possible that some of the pot was ready to harvest and package and that's why Gary really came, to help? Maybe the killer(s) knew this and stole the finished product..
I would think if it was such a large, sophisticated grow, someone would be up playing watchman - I know I would be paranoid.
It's strange to me they were found in bed, with no forced entry found - who has keys, because surely they all lock their doors..?
Who can sleep soundly anyway, with a newborn in the bed with them? My son was in a crib beside the bed and I couldn't sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time, if that.
Such a sad, sad tragedy and I hope those responsible are brought to justice.

Yes, trimming takes a LOT of work. Medicinal marijuana is legal where I live, so I know several people that grow for one reason or another. When it comes to harvest time, they recruit the people they can trust to help them because it is a process and a half.

Not that taking care of the plants isn't either, it's all a lot of work, especially if you are doing it more than just growing a few in your closet. But the whole trimming process is a pain in the *advertiser censored*.

I think you mean Frankie and Chris Sr at the same time since they were next door and not Dana?

Thank you. Yes that is what I meant to say. I still get a little confused on who lived where.

I went back and corrected my error.

Witnesses to a national and international new wave of crime and trade/selling.
Take the marijuana aspect completely out of the.equation and what is left?
MOO

I'm also going out on a limb and guessing that pot is not a 9 to 5 business and people being up at all hours was not unusual.

While it's not "9-5" so to speak, it doesn't require someone being up at all hours. Typically someone makes sure the lights are on and off when they need to be, water them sometime in the day. They wouldn't need to be tending to them constantly.

How did it end them? There are still lots of Rhoden's alive and generations left to grow up.
Because again, this was against specific people and I believe it has to do with Chris's family.

Others have to because they can identify, they know the problem going on.

Does anyone know if they still had their phones on them or if they were taken.

They've not said anything. I've been wondering if electronic devices were taken and dumped off somewhere and turned off. No real reason behind it, but since I keep thinking "sophisticated" I just wonder.

Because again, this was against specific people and I believe it has to do with Chris's family.

Others have to because they can identify, they know the problem going on.
I agree with you. The murders silenced and eradicated the problem.

Disputes in places like this can escalate and be over seemingly silly things.

I keep thinking about DR working a double. I wonder if HMR was alone, first day at home with her baby, all that time.

Forgive me, it's not really relevant. I just had a baby myself and I can't get HMR off my mind.
I know. I can't get rid of the thought that if the baby had had jaundice, she might have stayed in the hospital one more day and been spared. This entire situation is simply a nightmare.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

There is a difference between being a licensed and being certified, especially in pay. I don't believe DR held any license, only cerificate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I believe it was stated somewhere that DR was a CNA. That requires very little schooling.. Like a couple months, if that. You pass your certification test and that's it. It's definitely not held to a high standard, CNA's typically are employed by nursing homes or adult foster care.

Agree that BJ had no part.

My speculations.

Trying to phrase this in a nice way, but best I can explain ...
This is a Male dominated group.
Most of the Women seem subservient. Under control. Strict control. Not much independence of thought or action.
They like to talk, gossip, verbal hits, but not capable actual murder.
DR is somewhat different, Dominant Female, but still more verbal than physical.
All of the Men knew or would talk of whatever the basic "operation" or reason. Commonality.
Every man could and would "tell" or seek direct revenge. Together they were a force to be reckoned with.

The women were just there when it happened, or were considered to have information because of living
with the men, and had to be silenced.

I see what you were saying, as it relates to business and money. But these were not quiet little church mouse women. Two of the women in the story have had domestic violence arrests and been sentenced to anger management counseling. I still don't think this was about money. The family may have had a little bit of money, but nothing worth murdering eight people for. I think this was about pure rage and jealousy, related to love/sex. To me, that says WOMAN all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member