OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disputes in places like this can escalate and be over seemingly silly things.
Is your opinion that the person or persons who did this local, or at least in the state of Ohio?

One thing to remember when looking at motives.. Things that might be an issue normally, likely won't be here. People in areas like this are generally there for generations. If they don't accept outsiders then everyone becomes loosely related through marriage. Families have known families for generations.

Something that could be a real hot button to the majority might not be here and things that would be nothing things to the majority, could be a big deal here.

Even if Dana and Chris never got back together, Dana's family still being close to Chris wouldn't be weird, their families have probably known each other and been connected before that generation was born. I wouldn't be shocked if almost all the community wasn't related as distant cousins.

How many people know their 5th, 6th and 7th cousins pretty well and see them at least once a year?

I do on one side of my family, the country side. Almost all of them live within 30-40 mins of me, many are neighbors of my aunts. Also my granny had 6 siblings and my grandfather had 14 siblings. In that community where many of them still are, almost the entire community is related to me. All the older people will know me if I'm there and run into them. They will ask me which one of my aunts I'm related to. They see the family resemblance very strongly.

When my cousin divorced, he built his ex-wife and kids a house on his 10 acres. They both remarried but no one moved, the kids stayed close to both parents. At funerals and family get togethers, my cousin's ex-wife and her husband show up and fit right in. They are at every funeral, they are at every reunion, they go to the same church as my cousin. Her mom even shows up for things or comes by if something happens in our family.

That would be hot button issues for most places, but in many small communities, it works and many times is living proof of people doing what is best for kids and co-parenting works.

So when trying to look at motive, remember, these type areas are a real sense of community and big issues to us might not be big issues to them.

This. My in-laws are next door, my BIL is down the road. Cousins spread out all around us down the road, this land has been in families for generations, including what we inherited and built on. We are related to everyone in this town somehow.

I'm sure almost everyone in that community knew she moved in that house and when she was getting ready to move in.

When I moved to the country and people called me while unpacking, they got my name and phone number from such and such at the pharmacy while they were eating lunch at the Double Q restaurant, as I had transfered records. Took that info getting to one, before the day was out I had calls welcoming me, I had calls asking me if I knew other people in parts of my large city, I had people stopping and bringing food over.

Didn't know a single one of them.

LOL I love your anecdotes TY

I believe it was stated somewhere that DR was a CNA. That requires very little schooling.. Like a couple months, if that. You pass your certification test and that's it. It's definitely not held to a high standard, CNA's typically are employed by nursing homes or adult foster care.
Likely, but the problem is a drug conviction of a grow op and her getting a job. A person with a conviction like that isn't going to work in Healthcare.

Seems this is a common job in the area.

But arrests can still matter and a drug conviction in Healthcare can be a huge deal.

They can, but unlike a nursing license, this isn't something that would be reported on her certification. If the nursing home found out, they could run a drug test or fire her for some other reason, her CNA certification would not be revoked.

I think that maybe who they are trying to get to is still alive. I don't see why all these people had to die otherwise????? Lay out a scenario why all of these people had to die please.

They all knew the perp(s). And possibly all knew the motive. JMO

Is your opinion that the person or persons who did this local, or at least in the state of Ohio?
I think the possibility of local is high.

There is the possibility of Gary being connected to this due to his connections.

If we hear the grow op was even bigger or more drugs involved, that could really point to drugs being very involved in this.

LOL I love your anecdotes TY
My country family has many lol. One day maybe I'll tell about many in the community actually getting medication for themselves when the vet came out to treat the farm animals. That old joke about the vet treating humans also is based on things that actually happens lol

I agree with you. The murders silenced and eradicated the problem.

Don't see how they could know that killing these specific people has eradicated the problem. I think more along the lines of a hate on for the family, someone that was wronged and I see someone being forced to watch the murders before they were killed or you don't really get your revenge by just killing everyone.

Likely, but the problem is a drug conviction of a grow op and her getting a job. A person with a conviction like that isn't going to work in Healthcare.

If it's anything like our area, they don't really run distinct background checks. I had a home care company contact me for home health aide work, never once needed a certification, didn't fill out anything for a background check, no drug test. Some of these places need employees so bad, they just don't care.

They can, but unlike a nursing license, this isn't something that would be reported on her certification. If the nursing home found out, they could run a drug test or fire her for some other reason, her CNA certification would not be revoked.
Well the main thing I was talking about was her job. Someone oversees the certification, some states it is the nursing board, some the department of health or human services, etc. These always show up in a background check even if they don't get reported to the regulating authority.

There is a regulating authority for CNA's.

Thank you all for your stories about the coon dogs!! I had no idea!! Here, dogs tend to be the tiny fluffy variety that you put in your purse to go to Whole Foods. (I don't have one. We are cat people.) My Ohio family just has the kind of dogs that stay inside as pets, bulldogs and labs and such. I had no idea why a dog would be chained up. Makes sense to me now!! I'm learning so much!

Why would she be convicted if her ex husband was the one growing, there's nothing specifically tying DR to the operation imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Don't see how they could know that killing these specific people has eradicated the problem. I think more along the lines of a hate on for the family, someone that was wronged and I see someone being forced to watch the murders before they were killed or you don't really get your revenge by just killing everyone.
Sometimes the problem is solved with the person dead, it isn't always about making them live and suffer.

I agree. In my mind (this morning) Chris Senior made somebody really mad. I'm thinking he was having an affair and recently ended it. There are rumblings he may have been getting back together with Dana (rumor, but makes sense since he just bought her a new house and large piece of property). So let's say that hypothetically he breaks up with this other woman. She is livid. She has done so much for him. She decides she is going to take out everybody he cares about -- Dana, his kids, his best friend, his brother (but not the babies, because after all, she is not a total monster in her mind). She knows she can't accomplish this herself, so she convinces her brother or her best friend that she needs to do this to be able to go on. Maybe she offers to pay them. Somehow, she gets help. She kills everyone close to Chris, and then goes to his place last. "see this blood on my shirt? This is from your family. How dare you cross me? I have wiped every last trace of you off the earth. And now it's your turn." Bang x9.

This woman, by the way, that would have spent a lot of time at all of these properties and known where any security cameras were.

She may have also previously had been arrested for having severe anger issues.

Hypothetically, of course.

Its my opinion that this has nothing to do with hate or revenge, but instead, a family who were more involved with a couple of illegal activities that would have potentially landed them some serious prison time , but instead became witnesses and lost their lives once it was learned they became witnesses.
And I am not in the belief this was over marijuana or marijuana only.
The restaurant owner who offered the reward initially, he did the right thing IMO. He has a very huge valid reason to rescind his offer. Hopefully his name being out there rescinding this offer will have served its purpose.

Well the main thing I was talking about was her job. Someone oversees the certification, some states it is the nursing board, some the department of health or human services, etc. These always show up in a background check even if they don't get reported to the regulating authority.

There is a regulating authority for CNA's.

Yes, I just read the qualifications and she did have to take a test to be certified by the state. They also have to be drug tested and pass a psychological exam and of course they run a criminal background check on them it stated.

If it's anything like our area, they don't really run distinct background checks. I had a home care company contact me for home health aide work, never once needed a certification, didn't fill out anything for a background check, no drug test. Some of these places need employees so bad, they just don't care.
Different states have different laws and sitters and CNA's are very different. I believe it is OH you can't be hired with a conviction of elder abuse, but all states don't require that.

If a place isn't following state requirements, they are a lawsuit putting them out of business, waiting to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove