OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why not kill the babies?
1. no need
2. increased infamy ( crime would never leave public's consciousness)

yes, i believe pregnant woman was targeted. with currently known facts its just too coincidental.

anybody have a link to pictures of the three homes and an idea of distances from each home, I can't work out from the footage what are homes and what are buildings

Chris Sr trailer in the middle

dea84d5d411b2a062d675155da6c5e82.jpg

To the west within walking distance is Frankie's trailer

a036ac1094c9cfd9faaadfdd8940f13d.jpg

To the east about 1-1 1/2 mile Danas trailer

a5ad1df0aa12a44ff9d4a16615fdd5b7.jpg

All on union hill rd

Kenneth lived about 6-8 miles it looks like south east, don't know address and can't find picture

I agree. We have a lot of variables. The complex thinking in me just has to debate for myself out loud.
We also have the issue of people living a different way of life than the majority of Americans.

My grandaddy to have a ton of money in the house, no biggie. Them being so poor that my mom and aunts only got one store bought dress a year but he paid $100K CASH on a tractor, some Angus beef cows and building a new barn, not a dime in the bank..Nothing strange about that at all.

People that haven't lived that life or in an area like that don't understand that and it can be odd that poor people have a lot of cash.

large grow operation needs big time buyer to unload product. This would be a sort of partnership. lots of inherent avenues for disagreements if they only had one large buyer.
large operation needs lots of capital and know how to start up. large operation needs to move product for capital to keep it going.
The nature of this looks like retribution for wrongs or percieved wrongs/ major disagreement with buyer.

We also have the issue of people living a different way of life than the majority of Americans.

My grandaddy to have a ton of money in the house, no biggie. Them being so poor they my mom and aunts only got one store bought dress a year but he paid $100K on a tractor, some Angus beef cows and building a new barn, not a dime in the bank..Nothing strange about that at all.

People that haven't lived that life or in an area like that don't understand that and it can be odd that poor power have a lot if cash.

I agree 100%, we've discussed this. With what I recently said goes against my post a few threads ago.

I didn't have a bank account until a few years ago because we were the same way. Just had cash. Bought everything with cash. Cars. Home. Appliances. Everything.

The only reason I'm suspect is the business he had but even IF he was using that to store cash, I'm sure they still had cash on them.

Whether it was in a safe or not, I don't know. We used to hide cash everywhere. In the event we got robbed, we hoped we would still have some hidden in random places. JMO.

I believe they were intentionally left alive. Why would you shoot a parent in the bed and leave an infant right there? We know at least one, possibly two, babies were in bed with at least one parent. Obviously, we've got no idea what the lighting was like in those rooms. But the killer(s) managed to NOT shoot infants.

I think we can also assume that if this was as planned as indicated, that the killers knew the children were there.

Here is my dilemma.
I am sure it just me!

FR - born 8/10/1995
CRjr- born 11/04/1999

Is is common for the 2nd son to be named Jr?
Perhaps because Clarence was the main Patriarch?
I have only seen this done when a set of male twins was born first, then when a 3rd son was born he became Jr.
Which I still found odd.
I have also seen it once when a couple I know adopted a child after years of infertility, then when an unexpected biological son was born 2 years later, he was named Jr.
It's neither here nor there.
Personal preference I guess.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I agree 100%, we've discussed this. With what I recently said goes against my post a few threads ago.

I didn't have a bank account until a few years ago because we were the same way. Just had cash. Bought everything with cash. Cars. Home. Appliances. Everything.

The only reason I'm suspect is the business he had but even IF he was using that to store cash, I'm sure they still had cash on them.

Whether it was in a safe or not, I don't know. We used to hide cash everywhere. In the event we got robbed, we hoped we would still have some hidden in random places. JMO.
Well that business could be to launder money because the Feds are different and watch cash more now.

Link to what? It is common knowledge that April 20 is the annual marijuana holiday. It is celebrated like Christmas among pot smokers. There are festivals and parties held all over on this day. 420 is the police code for marijuana, so about a decade ago, April 20 became a huge holiday.

As far as The amount of cash, did you miss where I said "probably" ? I was making an estimate. And I'm probably on the low-end.

I would have agreed with you yesterday. Now I honestly think that was just a weird coincidence.

4/20 is the biggest day of the year for selling pot. There would've been a lot of cash in one of those homes. Probably close to $25,000. I think this is somebody who wanted to get his hands on that cash. Somebody who was mad because Gary was brought in to help with the business instead of himself. Somebody who said in interviews that Kenneth was always willing to give him a loan.

The BBM: was my original question for a link. Unfortunately you did not include that in your reply.
And NO, I did not miss you saying "probably", but without facts to back that up its just a floundering conjecture and really whatever money they did or did not have is none of our business and has not
been brought out in MSM, which IMO means it cannot be discussed here.

With the way Feds are about cash, especially with Homeland Security and terrorism, every one of my older relatives would be on the radar for RICO charges and funding terrorists, simply because they lived a cash only life.

Well that business could be to launder money because the Feds are different and watch cash more now.

Right. I've even just thought of something else totally asinine.

Perhaps they made deposits of cash on Friday's. They were killed Friday morning.

Probably totally not anything. Just a random though.

There is very little we can be sure about in this case.

One think I am fairly sure about is that something is wrong with the 911 call of BJM. There are several indications that she was not alone, contradicting
the stories that have been told about her discovery of the body. There has been a cover-up of some kind by some people who were at the crime scenes in the
early morning. I am just not sure exactly what has been covered up. In any case, I don't think that the Manley's were involved in the murder of Dana and her children.

Right. I've even just thought of something else totally asinine.

Perhaps they made deposits of cash on Friday's. They were killed Friday morning.

Probably totally not anything. Just a random though.
Well just knowing the culture some and their business dealings of pot, the fighting roosters, selling dogs, the salvage yard, etc.. I wouldn't be shocked if they had cash in the house at any given time.

And I am agreeing with you! The timing seems prudent.

I agree KR seems to be a piece to the puzzle because of his distance.

I was discussing this with my husband, we live rurally, by family. I was telling him how weird it would be if our closest family and us were murdered but then someone went to his brothers house who is 10 miles away to kill him. Of course we don't have grow operations or anything like that, but something with KR is connected in a weird way.

ETA: especially because other Rhoden's lived closer and were unharmed. JMO.

EATA: I guess weird isn't the right word. But KR is involved somehow. Because that distance is.. Interesting.

Maybe the killer(s) found out (from one of the victims) that KR's is where the money was kept.

Link please?
Also, where is your information regarding what cash they did or did not have coming from?

Biggest day for selling pot to whom? Individuals on the street or through a dealer network?

There is very little we can be sure about in this case.

One think I am fairly sure about is that something is wrong with the 911 call of BJM. There are several indications that she was not alone, contradicting
the stories that have been told about her discovery of the body. There has been a cover-up of some kind by some people who were at the crime scenes in the
early morning. I am just not sure exactly what has been covered up. In any case, I don't think that the Manley's were involved in the murder of Dana and her children.
I'm still of the mind that Bobby's call was so odd and info left out, to try and cover her knowledge of the grow ops.

Well just knowing the culture some and their business dealings of pot, the fighting roosters, selling dogs, the salvage yard, etc.. I wouldn't be shocked if they had cash in the house at any given time.

Oh I'm sure they still had cash on them. You can't go deposit I believe more than 10k at once (or maybe even in a period of time?) without needing to have proof of where it's coming from, correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper