OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. You or someone said that a while back and I didn't give it much thought, but it is a possibility...........are atv's loud? jmo

ATV's are loud, but not abnormal to hear, especially if it's turkey hunting season. JMO.

ATV's are loud, but not abnormal to hear, especially if it's turkey hunting season. JMO.

That's what I was thinking....if there was any patience at all, they may have waited for turkey hunting season and it wouldn't be strange to hear the vehicles in or near the woods. JMO

Goodbye Dear Friend

Down by the river there's a flower so sweet
The fragrance draws you to it.
Now it's there I sit, tears flowing down
Thinking of our love.

It's goodbye dear friend, brother, sister
I'll see you nevermore.
But your memory stays like the sweet caress
Of the flower by the river growing.

by: Han

Wonder if this was about a possible insurance policy(s). I mean if you want to kill for money (even one person) why not divert the scene to look a whole different way? If they have the guts to kill one who's to say they would not kill more to protect themselves. Supposedly any beneficiary would know the family and such. Life insurance is not costly, well mine isn't. Just a theory based on nothing in particular.

That's what I was thinking....if there was any patience at all, they may have waited for turkey hunting season and it wouldn't be strange to hear the vehicles in or near the woods. JMO

It wouldn't necessarily be THAT strange outside of hunting season, but it would especially be expected in hunting season. JMO. We have some teens that are ALWAYS out in the fields on ATV's, especially now that the weather is nicer and the fields aren't planted yet. JMO.

We've had many arrests in my county for Mexican *advertiser censored* fights, they love them. Could be some of the workers they met from the campgrounds started going to cockfights and drugs at Chris' place, and got to know all the family members killed.

Can you explain a "Mexican *advertiser censored* fight" please? Thanks!

Wonder if this was about a possible insurance policy(s). I mean if you want to kill for money (even one person) why not divert the scene to look a whole different way? If they have the guts to kill one who's to say they would not kill more to protect themselves. Supposedly any beneficiary would know the family and such. Life insurance is not costly, well mine isn't. Just a theory based on nothing in particular.
I would be surprised if they had an insurance policy or one of anything more than the basic one Dana might have gotten at work.

It wouldn't necessarily be THAT strange outside of hunting season, but it would especially be expected in hunting season. JMO. We have some teens that are ALWAYS out in the fields on ATV's, especially now that the weather is nicer and the fields aren't planted yet. JMO.

Before sunrise? Also, I think LE talked w that turkey hunter guy who heard a shot (or shots)? Of course they wouldn't tell us, but maybe he heard ATV's..........or not, lol. JMO

[video=cnn;justice/2016/04/30/ohio-pike-county-family-killed-wrap-valencia.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/health/ohio-murders-pike-county/index.html?sr=twCNN050216ohio-murders-pike-county0703PMVODtopPhoto&linkId=24075416[/video]

"In 2014, the most recent year for which data is available, almost one-fourth of all the marijuana seized by authorities in Ohio came from Pike and five neighboring counties, according to data from the attorney general's office."

I would be surprised if they had an insurance policy or one of anything more than the basic one Dana might have gotten at work.

If they had life insurance, I doubt the funeral director would be looking for all sorts of discounts and calling in favors.

Depends on who the beneficiary would be I guess whether or not they would offer to pay for a funeral. It was just a thought.

Can you explain a "Mexican *advertiser censored* fight" please? Thanks!

Rooster fights they're popular in Mexico and they do it here. It's popular over here in the country for years in different places, also. I was wondering if the Rhodens had befriended some of the Mexican workers living in the campground that worked for the cartel, or middle man dealers. Cartel is all over Ohio, according to Govt statistics, they're always finding ways to blend in and never do things the same way. There's many articles on all of this that I've posted before. I don't think this was direct Cartel, but could be middle man dealers, who knows?

Before sunrise? Also, I think LE talked w that turkey hunter guy who heard a shot (or shots)? Of course they wouldn't tell us, but maybe he heard ATV's..........or not, lol. JMO

Absolutely. Most hunters are out before sunrise, and many hunters are out late at night because that's what their schedule allows. When my friend was over visiting one day she started having a panic attack (lol) because multiple ATV's were in the fields around our house at 1 in the morning with camouflage and bandanas over their faces and 12 gauge shot guns, to me it was just another Tuesday. Ha ha

On Monday, Attorney General Mike DeWine said authorities didn't know whether there was a threat to the family and he would not speculate about whether a threat remains.

"We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family," DeWine told The Associated Press in an interview before speaking at an opiate-related conference in Columbus. "We don't have any information on that. And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-give-update-in-slayings-of-8-ohio-family-members/

I actually thought that he was living at one of the other campers that was on the Left Fork property. I could be totally wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.

Absolutely. Most hunters are out before sunrise, and many hunters are out late at night because that's what their schedule allows. When my friend was over visiting one day she started having a panic attack (lol) because multiple ATV's were in the fields around our house at 1 in the morning with camouflage and bandanas over their faces and 12 gauge shot guns, to me it was just another Tuesday. Ha ha

LOL :loveyou:

I am starting to wonder if we should be starting to look closer at who WASN'T killed and why not. <modsnip>
From what another poster said, I don't think we are supposed to talk about Brandon per TOS but not sure why. Can someone clarify if it's because he is a minor or what the reason is please? Thanks! Just getting caught up now. But I have to say a lot of good discussions recently and a lot to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState