OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on who the beneficiary would be I guess whether or not they would offer to pay for a funeral. It was just a thought.
I think they were heir to the throne before they had an insurance policy. Like I said, a basic free one from work maybe, like $10k.

On Monday, Attorney General Mike DeWine said authorities didn't know whether there was a threat to the family and he would not speculate about whether a threat remains.

"We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family," DeWine told The Associated Press in an interview before speaking at an opiate-related conference in Columbus. "We don't have any information on that. And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-give-update-in-slayings-of-8-ohio-family-members/

I hope he's just giving the impression they're not any closer to finding these suspects than they were on Day 1. He discourages me whenever he talks.

On Monday, Attorney General Mike DeWine said authorities didn't know whether there was a threat to the family and he would not speculate about whether a threat remains.

"We have no new information that would indicate that there is a threat to any of the members of the family," DeWine told The Associated Press in an interview before speaking at an opiate-related conference in Columbus. "We don't have any information on that. And we did not when we initially said it other than the fact we had eight people killed."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/authorities-give-update-in-slayings-of-8-ohio-family-members/
This DA is making me mad..

I actually thought that he was living at one of the other campers that was on the Left Fork property. I could be totally wrong, but I thought I saw that somewhere.

WHO??? turkey hunter guy? LOL JMO

From what another poster said, I don't think we are supposed to talk about Brandon per TOS but not sure why. Can someone clarify if it's because he is a minor or what the reason is please? Thanks! Just getting caught up now. But I have to say a lot of good discussions recently and a lot to think about.
He has not been named a POI or suspect is the reason. He also hasn't done an interview that I have seen, to even discuss things he said.

Interesting little tidbit about a 2 or 3 Chillocothe police officers that were fired I mean they resigned cough... cough, because of THEIR OWN criminal activity.
Probably just a coincidence ? it went public the day before the shootings. (4-21-16) Still an interesting read.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...resign-sexual-assault-investigation/83353678/

Interesting, but I think just coincidental. That one had to do with mishandling other kinds of crimes, and some inappropriate (read drunken) off-duty behavior.

there is the electric light pole cut out in the woods that runs buy all the locations, go through there on atv, walk trough wood, out with no traffic on the roads

Looking at the area on google earth, that utility cut isn't really that close, unless there is a new cut on a different aerial photo I missed. The closest access to it is on RT 32, and I can't see anyone leaving their car along the side of a major highway on their way to commit 7 murders. Even being in the middle of nowhere, too great of a chance someone drove by and noticed it, then saw the news and called in a tip. Or, you come back to your car covered in blood spatter and a state trooper is running the tags.

The other access points that would make sense are either wide open or the terrain looks like it would be problematic to get a vehicle into. You're parked on the side of the road again.

I would suspect you could blend in a lot more by parking among the cars in the front yard at 4077. Who would notice a car parked by a bunch of other cars on a random country road?
If you drive up slowly, lights off, don't close the doors when you get out it would be unlikely you'd wake up anyone in the house. Especially if it were a Prius, but really anything with a properly functioning muffler would probably do the trick.

Can you explain a "Mexican *advertiser censored* fight" please? Thanks!
Well, I can try, lol. It's not illegal in Mexico so it is more out in the open. Like at fairs and such. It's illegal here so it is pretty undercover. One can raise game chickens, and sell them, and can get at least $1k for a good game rooster and a pair of hens. But, other than the legality of it, there's not really any difference in Mexican *advertiser censored* fighting and American *advertiser censored* fighting.

This DA is making me mad..
I remember you mentioning that you are familiar with word spins because you deal or work with politics.
I have read that statement 4 timez now and each time I have shaken my head and cleared my eyes to focus and concentrate.
Can you help me out, WTH is he saying or not?

Cockfighting used to be considered a gentleman's sport in this country. I don't understand how watching two animals fight to the death is entertaining. Does anyone know if the ohio law passed that would make cockfighting a felony? In most other states it is.

Looking at the area on google earth, that utility cut isn't really that close, unless there is a new cut on a different aerial photo I missed. The closest access to it is on RT 32, and I can't see anyone leaving their car along the side of a major highway on their way to commit 7 murders. Even being in the middle of nowhere, too great of a chance someone drove by and noticed it, then saw the news and called in a tip. Or, you come back to your car covered in blood spatter and a state trooper is running the tags.

The other access points that would make sense are either wide open or the terrain looks like it would be problematic to get a vehicle into. You're parked on the side of the road again.

I would suspect you could blend in a lot more by parking among the cars in the front yard at 4077. Who would notice a car parked by a bunch of other cars on a random country road?
If you drive up slowly, lights off, don't close the doors when you get out it would be unlikely you'd wake up anyone in the house. Especially if it were a Prius, but really anything with a properly functioning muffler would probably do the trick.

My thinking is...If they were on a atv. They live close. No other vehicle needed. Here there are atv trails through almost every patch of woods. You can easily go 15 or 30 miles and only have to cross a road a couple of times.

I remember you mentioning that you are familiar with word spins because you deal or work with politics.
I have read that statement 4 timez now and each time I have shaken my head and cleared my eyes to focus and concentrate.
Can you help me out, WTH is he saying or not?

I work in politics too. There's a reason your head is spinning: he's using a bunch of words to say absolutely nothing.

So had anyone ever actually seen them? I just find it odd that they find tents and empty grow sites and say it's the cartel but we never see them, nor are given names, nor see arrests. Local growers will also set up camp w/their crops, and being local, they know when the heat is on too.

Apparently the determination that these folks were Mexican was based on the food/food trash left behind.

Sort of a maybe/probably they were from Central America and maybe/probably there was a larger connection.

Hard to tell what else investigators may be sitting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState