Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the GGP's are made "official foster parents" through the state, wouldn't they get money for each child? Also, WIC and other forms of aid.

Mom claims Rainn was having hallucinations. During a period when mom was not even allowed to be with Rainn. Was Rainn giving out bits of verbal info that did make sense? If so who decided she was not making sense and that it must be hallucinations?

I don't recall seeing anything from officials about hallucinations.

That's exactly what I have been wondering! The only thing I could think, is that she might have been trying to express what she went through. A two year old trying to verbalize something traumatic that just happened, could sound like complete gibberish. Heck, a two year old just generally talking can sound like gibberish!!

Still, it's JMO this info coming from mom was...hyperbole or just not the truth.

If the GGP's are made "official foster parents" through the state, wouldn't they get money for each child? Also, WIC and other forms of aid.
Maybe, but I've got a pretty good idea that the Petersons aren't in need of any kind of financial assistance. Just a hunch ;)

a and d ointment is my miracle cure, from cuts to tattoos to baby bootie. lol

I know this is off topic, but the nurse in me cannot resist a helpful tip. My daughter had the worst diaper rashes until the doctor suggest Bag Balm (it was originally developed for cows udders). I put this on her at every diaper change and never had a problem again.

I have wondered if the "hallucinations" may have been from the telephone game syndrome. When she was first found, the searcher who found her said she was disoriented. I also know from experience that severe dehydration can cause delusions. It doesn't seem that hard to imagine hearing that she seemed to be disoriented and (possibly) delirious and thinking it means she was hallucinating.

Not only have I not seen BP named as a suspect or POI, I haven't even seen/heard that they've found any sign of foul play. She may not win any mother of the year awards, but I still feel like I should treat her as the victim's family member and won't comment on what she may or may not have done wrong. I'm just going to be happy that Rainn is alive for now, and will save criticism of her family members for if and when someone is found to have been at fault.

MOO

That's exactly what I have been wondering! The only thing I could think, is that she might have been trying to express what she went through. A two year old trying to verbalize something traumatic that just happened, could sound like complete gibberish. Heck, a two year old just generally talking can sound like gibberish!!

Still, it's JMO this info coming from mom was...hyperbole or just not the truth.

Yes, and being just 2 and allegedly not very verbal yet, poor punkin. I wish we could get an update on her recovery. That infection has me worried. Having gone through a medical emergency with my kiddo earlier this year, I know how very quickly sepsis can move. Infections are no joke, they can kill and kill quickly.

How would anyone be able to tell if a 2 year old who only says a few words is hallucinating?

I have wondered if the "hallucinations" may have been from the telephone game syndrome. When she was first found, the searcher who found her said she was disoriented. I also know from experience that severe dehydration can cause delusions. It doesn't seem that hard to imagine hearing that she seemed to be disoriented and (possibly) delirious and thinking it means she was hallucinating.
MOO

RSBM for focus

Yes, good point - dehydration and fever (from infection) can cause disorientation/delusion.

For what it's worth, despite the custody issues and prior CPS involvement, I think that things will probably shake out at the end of the day that this was indeed a case where a child wandered off.

It is a miracle this baby is alive.

How would anyone be able to tell if a 2 year old who only says a few words is hallucinating?

Exactly what I was wondering. Most two yr olds seem like they are hallucinating anyway. They see and hear things way differently than adults do on a normal day. Or maybe that was just mine...:baby: :baby:

me bad...............maybe mom was hallucinating?

after an ordeal like this, I read Rainn had to be sedated so she could rest easier and have all her treatments exam etc.
please don't ask for a link, I have no idea when I read it. With a very sore bum and fly bites? I would think she would be so miserable
hat she couldn't cry anymore and practically go limp with exhaustion..........JMOO

According to mom, she's "not a talker" and just says a few words.

Makes me wonder how much time BP was really around her children on a daily basis.
Some children are very quiet around certain people and chatty Cathie's around others.
My son could pantomene and communicate through pics or shake his head yes or no at a very early age before he really knew words,
he understood what people were saying.
I bet GG's could understand her.

Exactly what I was wondering. Most two yr olds seem like they are hallucinating anyway. They see and hear things way differently than adults do on a normal day. Or maybe that was just mine...:baby: :baby:

I recorded my 2 year old at bedtime. He would stay in his crib and talk(babble) for hours. So maybe Rainn was telling whomever what happened to her, in baby talk.

A few things:

You can never fully trust MSM's report. I have been involved in something that went to MSM and while the first report got it right, the dang story that aired on television changed immensely and practically ruined our lives. Once people hear the wrong story, they don't forget it. So I NEVER take MSM's report as fact.

Early on I know the police said they did not suspect foul play, but a few days ago one officer was quoted to say they wanted to go over things carefully to make sure there was no foul play. So there's that. Knowing what they know now (and maybe we don't), about the way she was found or what she was found in or what was said or ANYTHING else insiders might be saying about this case, there may be a reason for them to go back and question everything again. I hope we learn a few more things soon.

FWIW, it was Brandi who said Rainn was hallucintaing:

"They took her to the emergency room last night. They said that she had minor lacerations from pricker bushes. She was very, very dehydrated and she was hallucinating from being so dehydrated, upset and exhausted. She was so exhausted they had to sedate her, trying to get her temperature up."

"(They) gave her bottles of Pedialite. She drank four bottles in a row because she was so thirsty and dehydrated. They put IVs in her to get the things she lost back into her."

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/loca...om-they-wont-let-me-see-my-daughter/73390198/

Apparently Brandi herself experienced a break with reality also:

Deputies also were called to Quinn’s Market in North Bloomfield on June 23, 2015, by Brandi Peterson’s mother, Tammy Ogletree of Southington, who reported that Brandi had left Richard and Dora Peterson’s house on Route 45 and texted several people indicating she was going to harm herself.

When a deputy found Brandi on Norton Lane, she indicated she was upset about an argument with her grandmother.

The deputy drove her to Quinn’s to meet up with her mother, but she threw up and became delusional and slurred her words, a deputy said. She was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/?print

I can see why both mother and daughter may have hallucinated, though for different reasons.

When my dog had surgery, afterwards he was very disorientated and kept shrieking. The vet told me that the anaesthetic and painkillers he'd had would be causing him to hallucinate. I don't know if he was or not - he's a dog and he couldn't tell me what was wrong, but that's what the vet told me. So a doctor could well have said something similar to Brandi.

This is a bad thought by me and only a thought............
When I saw he tattoos on BP back (stars), I had a flash back on the infamous casey A.
When BP used the words "hallucinate", I wondered if baby had been doped up to hide her?
Caylee was kept quiet in the trunk of her mother's car many times so mom could have Fun.
defination of hallucination...
an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.
"he continued to suffer from horrific hallucinations"
synonyms: delusion, illusion, figment of the imagination, vision, apparition, mirage, chimera, fantasy;
is this so if Rainn says anything about BP she can say baby was hallucinating???.......really wish a doctor or LE would tell us alittle more about Rainn.

Deputies also were called to Quinn’s Market in North Bloomfield on June 23, 2015, by Brandi Peterson’s mother, Tammy Ogletree of Southington, who reported that Brandi had left Richard and Dora Peterson’s house on Route 45 and texted several people indicating she was going to harm herself.

When a deputy found Brandi on Norton Lane, she indicated she was upset about an argument with her grandmother.

The deputy drove her to Quinn’s to meet up with her mother, but she threw up and became delusional and slurred her words, a deputy said. She was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/?print

I wonder if they'd been arguing about who should get custody of Rainn. It might explain why Brandi felt that she was suspected by family when Rainn disappeared.

Rainn is in the hands of medical professionals. If there were any toxicological cause for her reported hallucinations I am pretty confident we would have heard about it by now.

I wonder if they'd been arguing about who should get custody of Rainn. It might explain why Brandi felt that she was suspected by family when Rainn disappeared.

If it had been my 2 year-old, I would probably have been arguing about the failure to supervise her well enough to prevent her wandering off. I know that it's not possible to keep a child in sight every minute of every day, but under those circumstances I'd probably want to find someone to lash out at just to relieve some of my stress. That obviously wouldn't be right since I don't blame the GGPs, but I don't think that would stop me.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back