Found Alive OH - Rainn Peterson, 2, North Bloomfield, 2 Oct 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM for focus

Yes, good point - dehydration and fever (from infection) can cause disorientation/delusion.

For what it's worth, despite the custody issues and prior CPS involvement, I think that things will probably shake out at the end of the day that this was indeed a case where a child wandered off.

It is a miracle this baby is alive.

Agree with all your points.

One of my children hallucinated every time she has a fever. She doesn't even have to be overly sick to do it. It doesn't even have to be a high fever. She shrieks about everything, tells me there are people in the house, and just generally acts terrified (which terrifies me). Ever when she isn't speaking you can tell she is hallucinating. Her eyes go MASSIVE, she looks past you not as you, cries, grunts, yelps, swats at things, runs away, tries to leave the house, breathes heavy, shakes, etc. Thankfully none of my other children do it and my daughter is older now and rarely gets sick.

Agree with all your points.

One of my children hallucinated every time she has a fever. She doesn't even have to be overly sick to do it. It doesn't even have to be a high fever. She shrieks about everything, tells me there are people in the house, and just generally acts terrified (which terrifies me). Ever when she isn't speaking you can tell she is hallucinating. Her eyes go MASSIVE, she looks past you not as you, cries, grunts, yelps, swats at things, runs away, tries to leave the house, breathes heavy, shakes, etc. Thankfully none of my other children do it and my daughter is older now and rarely gets sick.

I have a son who was like that when he was small. Told me it was raining one night (in his bedroom) and kept pointing at the floor to show me the fish swimming in there. He'd also start screaming when a fever hit and see clowns coming through the walls, people in the closets, monsters on the ceilings, etc.

If it helps any, he outgrew it before he was very old; I hope yours does too.

My daughter hallucinates if she has a fever too. Usually about her hands and feet growing really big and seeing people. She always has even at Rainn's age. She'd freak out and look utterly terrified. It's awful to watch actually.

Rainn is in the hands of medical professionals. If there were any toxicological cause for her reported hallucinations I am pretty confident we would have heard about it by now.

I believe a drug screen would be part of her forensic examination.

If it had been my 2 year-old, I would probably have been arguing about the failure to supervise her well enough to prevent her wandering off. I know that it's not possible to keep a child in sight every minute of every day, but under those circumstances I'd probably want to find someone to lash out at just to relieve some of my stress. That obviously wouldn't be right since I don't blame the GGPs, but I don't think that would stop me.

MOO

Sorry, I should have been more clear - it was back in June that this happened.

Deputies also were called to Quinn’s Market in North Bloomfield on June 23, 2015, by Brandi Peterson’s mother, Tammy Ogletree of Southington, who reported that Brandi had left Richard and Dora Peterson’s house on Route 45 and texted several people indicating she was going to harm herself.

When a deputy found Brandi on Norton Lane, she indicated she was upset about an argument with her grandmother.

The deputy drove her to Quinn’s to meet up with her mother, but she threw up and became delusional and slurred her words, a deputy said. She was taken to an area hospital for evaluation.
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/oct/07/temporary-custo/?print

If the GGP's are made "official foster parents" through the state, wouldn't they get money for each child? Also, WIC and other forms of aid.

Yes, yes, and yes. There are also programs for grandparents/great-parents raising children. You might be surprised to learn how many programs there are.

If it had been my 2 year-old, I would probably have been arguing about the failure to supervise her well enough to prevent her wandering off. I know that it's not possible to keep a child in sight every minute of every day, but under those circumstances I'd probably want to find someone to lash out at just to relieve some of my stress. That obviously wouldn't be right since I don't blame the GGPs, but I don't think that would stop me.

MOO

I can't help but wonder what the attitude of LE, children's services, and WS posters would be had Rainn gone missing in the exact same manner and same place but under Brandi's watch?

Finally some news with a little more info. Rainn will be released soon! http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-...wo-days-should-be-released-from-hospital-soon

Tim Schaffner, executive director of Trumbull County Children Services, wouldn't reveal exact details of the girl's release date because he wants her return home to be peaceful.

"She needs a little more time at the hospital. She's doing fine, just making sure that the extreme physical trauma that she went through, that all systems are okay," Schaffner said.

It just hit me just how wonderful it is that the searcher who found Rainn found her 30 minutes before sunset!

I don't find this plausible. although anything is possible.

This is a bad thought by me and only a thought............
When I saw he tattoos on BP back (stars), I had a flash back on the infamous casey A.
When BP used the words "hallucinate", I wondered if baby had been doped up to hide her?
Caylee was kept quiet in the trunk of her mother's car many times so mom could have Fun.
defination of hallucination...
an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.
"he continued to suffer from horrific hallucinations"
synonyms: delusion, illusion, figment of the imagination, vision, apparition, mirage, chimera, fantasy;
is this so if Rainn says anything about BP she can say baby was hallucinating???.......really wish a doctor or LE would tell us alittle more about Rainn.

This is a bad thought by me and only a thought............
When I saw he tattoos on BP back (stars), I had a flash back on the infamous casey A.
When BP used the words "hallucinate", I wondered if baby had been doped up to hide her?
Caylee was kept quiet in the trunk of her mother's car many times so mom could have Fun.
defination of hallucination...
an experience involving the apparent perception of something not present.
"he continued to suffer from horrific hallucinations"
synonyms: delusion, illusion, figment of the imagination, vision, apparition, mirage, chimera, fantasy;
is this so if Rainn says anything about BP she can say baby was hallucinating???.......really wish a doctor or LE would tell us alittle more about Rainn.

Seeing BP's tattoos caused a flashback which then brought you to this thought?

Dr' could be keeping baby's release a secret also, so cameras and media aren't around to scare her.
Babies usually bounce back pretty quickly with meds etc.
But anxiety and fear could be something to deal with like PTSD.............
afraid of people, fear of dark, fear of wind, rain or many things.
Prayers go on for Rainn.

I can't help but wonder what the attitude of LE, children's services, and WS posters would be had Rainn gone missing in the exact same manner and same place but under Brandi's watch?

I can only speak for myself, but I try to assume it was one those things that could happen to most people...until I learn more. In this case, LE said they had been cleared of any wrong doing, so I was able to form my opinion pretty quickly. If it had shaken the same way with Brandi, I would have felt the same way.

As I understand it the GGP are on the paternal side. Where are the GP of these children? Also where are the two fathers?

Brandi would have come into more scrutiny because of her past problems with drugs and with CPS. If the baby had gone missing while in Brandi's care then I would have wondered if she was high on heroin or distracted or negligent. I don't have those questions when the GGPs are in charge.
But I do worry about their age difference. THREE toddlers? It makes me tired just thinking about it and I am 10 yrs younger than the GGPs. How long can they keep it up? I really hope they have some ongoing help and support.

As I understand it the GGP are on the paternal side. Where are the GP of these children? Also where are the two fathers?

I read here on WS (no link) that Brandie's father (the son of the GGPs) died when Brandie was just 7-mos old. Her mother is alive and somewhat involved in Brandie's life.

Brandi would have come into more scrutiny because of her past problems with drugs and with CPS. If the baby had gone missing while in Brandi's care then I would have wondered if she was high on heroin or distracted or negligent. I don't have those questions when the GGPs are in charge.
But I do worry about their age difference. THREE toddlers? It makes me tired just thinking about it and I am 10 yrs younger than the GGPs. How long can they keep it up? I really hope they have some ongoing help and support.

IMO, even if Brandie's labs would have shown no drugs and everything at her home completely checked out, she would still have been held responsible had Rainn disappeared on her watch. That's a shame.

IMO, even if Brandie's labs would have shown no drugs and everything at her home completely checked out, she would still have been held responsible had Rainn disappeared on her watch. That's a shame.

I don't think so... A lot of people on SM are blaming the GGPs and saying they are obviously too old to watch 3 children and they shouldn't have got custody after losing Rainn. There are always some people who want to lash out and blame someone (anyone - even the guy who found Rainn), but I don't think Brandi would have got any more blame than her GPs have if it had happened on her watch but she was cleared of any neglect or wrongdoing.

It just hit me just how wonderful it is that the searcher who found Rainn found her 30 minutes before sunset!

I agree it is probably what saved her life IMO. If she was severely dehydrated it will cause hallucinations and if untreated can be fatal. So thank god she was found at that time.

I don't think so... A lot of people on SM are blaming the GGPs and saying they are obviously too old to watch 3 children and they shouldn't have got custody after losing Rainn. There are always some people who want to lash out and blame someone (anyone - even the guy who found Rainn), but I don't think Brandi would have got any more blame than her GPs have if it had happened on her watch but she was cleared of any neglect or wrongdoing.

I would like to think Brandie wouldn't have been blamed, but so often that's not the case (as with Deorr Kunz Jr). Although the GGPA was supervising Deorr, most blame the parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back