GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone actually see him in GA, or is this by his word only? I'm starting to wonder if he was even in GA at all!

If Mr. Russell has been found, I'll have such mixed emotions. On the one hand, I'll be thrilled that he can be buried properly and be given a proper send off. On the other hand, I'll be angry because Sam Littleton has continued to waste everyone's time in misleading searchers with lies and mistruths.

My description of SL yesterday was :loser: and it remains so today. Loser with a capital L.

ETA: Look how many states this idiot has involved!

Before I read your post, I was thinking the exact same thing about the number of law enforcement agencies involved.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to SL. I know we have comments from an ex-wife but I can't imagine that Tiffany's Mom (DN) would have stayed with him for as long as she did if there were clues to her that he was a violent person. She seems pretty strong to me; not a lady who would be easily controlled by him. This is a perplexing case. IMO

This is all so incredibly sad. The Russell's (and Tiffany) were SO undeserving of what has happened to them. SL needs to pay with his life for his crimes.

Did anyone actually see him in GA, or is this by his word only? I'm starting to wonder if he was even in GA at all!

Georgia's the state in which SL was driving at 6 a.m. with the car's headlights off and he was pursued by LE. Littleton took off at high speed and the officer backed off since it is local or county policy not to engage in high-speed pursuits over minor vehicle infractions.

When GA LE were sent notice of the missing OH couple, LE went through the video from the police cruiser on the morning of the pursuit/traffic stop attempt, and the Russell's license plate could be read.

So, I guess the short answer is, yes, Littleton was seen in GA in the Grand Marquis.

Is there a MSM article indicating that SL stated he left the bodies in Valdosta GA?

Yes, I found this: http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/02/26/story-bellefontaine-georgia-russells-search-littleton.html?sid=102

"Authorities in Georgia said that Littleton was in the Valdosta area on Feb. 18, the same day that he claimed to have dumped the bodies. Littleton was seen driving a gray and green 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis with an Ohio license plate.

10TV News confirmed that the car was spotted without its headlights on around 6 a.m., and officers attempted to pull the vehicle over but the driver fled at a high rate of speed. Valdosta police commander Brian Childress said the department's policy is not to chase cars for minor traffic violations, Hirsch reported."

Is there a MSM article indicating that SL stated he left the bodies in Valdosta GA?

I believe in the previous thread that there was a MSM article with statements from the local sheriff about the passerby "spooking" SL when he was probably trying to dispose of one of the bodies. Also, when he was spotted with his headlights off, wasn't that in GA?

I'll go back and see if I can find the articles.

ETA: SurfieTX beat me to it. Thanks!

sounds like they really think the body found is Mr. Russell - just waiting on confirmation

BREAKING: from Bellefontaine PD release... "it is believed that the body foundin Chattanooga may be that of Richard Russell..." (more...)

BELLEFONTAINE PRESS RELEASE: "... this determination is only preliminary... until appropriate medical examination..."

BELLEFONTAINE PRESS RELEASE: "... if it is in fact... Richard Russell, it may assist investigators in our search for Gladis Russell..."

http://twitter.com/tomwsyx6

what a cold-hearted [unusual person] that SL couldn't have left them together & is putting the family thru all this.

I hope they can find Gladis. It would be just horrible, horrible if they cannot be laid to rest together. is even too kind of a phrase for SL.

Before I read your post, I was thinking the exact same thing about the number of law enforcement agencies involved.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to SL. I know we have comments from an ex-wife but I can't imagine that Tiffany's Mom (DN) would have stayed with him for as long as she did if there were clues to her that he was a violent person. She seems pretty strong to me; not a lady who would be easily controlled by him. This is a perplexing case. IMO

This is all so incredibly sad. The Russell's (and Tiffany) were SO undeserving of what has happened to them. SL needs to pay with his life for his crimes.

I completely agree, Nandee. I don't think Deborah Neely would have put up with much from Littleton in terms of violence.

Something happened to this guy and his thinking patterns--his behavior is not only murderous, but devious. Could it be drugs that removed any sense of knowing what is right and what is wrong? A small sampling of his bizarre behavior:

He assaults and murders his girlfriend's daughter, burying her under a stack of wood in the basement of his and gf's home..

He led LE and the public in 5 states (at least) on chases that could not prove to be successful.

He fought extradition, when no one believed he would.

He could have left the Russells at home and stolen their car without them even knowing possibly. Why take them with him? And it was clear from the beginning that they would not be found alive.

What Littleton has done makes no sense in any form. That is what frustrates me the most. The Russells could have lived out the remaining days of their lives in peace and happiness on their farm. They could have continued to help the community whenever and wherever possible. But along came this evil man with twisted thinking who took them from their place of peace and security and dragged them with him to another state to dispose of them.

I am never happy about murder cases. They are troubling, that is certain. But this one just raises my blood pressure. I want Sam Littleton gone. Removed from the face of this earth forever. He strikes me as the very epitome of evil.

I completely agree, Nandee. I don't think Deborah Neely would have put up with much from Littleton in terms of violence.

Something happened to this guy and his thinking patterns--his behavior is not only murderous, but devious. Could it be drugs that removed any sense of knowing what is right and what is wrong? A small sampling of his bizarre behavior:

He assaults and murders his girlfriend's daughter, burying her under a stack of wood in the basement of his and gf's home..

He led LE and the public in 5 states (at least) on chases that could not prove to be successful.

He fought extradition, when no one believed he would.

He could have left the Russells at home and stolen their car without them even knowing possibly. Why take them with him? And it was clear from the beginning that they would not be found alive.

What Littleton has done makes no sense in any form. That is what frustrates me the most. The Russells could have lived out the remaining days of their lives in peace and happiness on their farm. They could have continued to help the community whenever and wherever possible. But along came this evil man with twisted thinking who took them from their place of peace and security and dragged them with him to another state to dispose of them.

I am never happy about murder cases. They are troubling, that is certain. But this one just raises my blood pressure. I want Sam Littleton gone. Removed from the face of this earth forever. He strikes me as the very epitome of evil.

The "thanks" button wasn't enough! I totally agree with you. I can't help but think that he possibly killed before. It's so baffling that something this horrifically evil surfaced all of the sudden in a middle-aged man. And no one noticed it brewing? Saw signs? Very bizarre, IMO.

Rumor alert: It has been said also that acid was used in the basement; hence, the "abuse of a corpse" charge (if you catch my drift; I can't type it out). Appalling, if true.

<snip>

The preliminary determination, pending further medical examination, is that the body is that of Richard Russell, according to Bellefontaine Police.

http://fox.daytonsnewssource.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wkef_vid_5972.shtml

ETA:

<snips>

Police believe the body is that of Dick Russell's, and an autopsy will be done to confirm their beliefs.
In a news release, Ohio authorities said that police are reaching out to the public in southern Tennessee and northern Georgia to check their property and report anything suspicious.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/onnnews/stories/2011/03/01/story_russell_found.html

ETA2: adding for anyone mapping out points of interest

<snip>

According to Bellefontaine police, on Feb. 26, the body of an unidentified man was found along Lightfoot Mill Road in Chattanooga.

http://www.wlwt.com/r/27036503/detail.html

I wonder if SL will start talking now? He'd better! I would love to be a fly on the wall to see the expression on his face when police tell him they found Mr. Russell.

The "thanks" button wasn't enough! I totally agree with you. I can't help but think that he possibly killed before. It's so baffling that something this horrifically evil surfaced all of the sudden in a middle-aged man. And no one noticed it brewing? Saw signs? Very bizarre, IMO.

Rumor alert: It has been said also that acid was used in the basement; hence, the "abuse of a corpse" charge (if you catch my drift; I can't type it out). Appalling, if true.

Thanks SurfieTX. I also find it difficult to believe that SL just woke up one day in February and began to kill. He very well might be the answer to several unsolved murders in the greater Bellefontaine area and beyond.

P.S. Had not heard about the use of acid in the basement. If it's true, it again proves that SL's actions are beyond the norm. They have moved into a whole new realm of evil for me.

"The body was located off the roadway in the 3800 block of Lighfoot Mill Road, near the Railroad trestle on Saturday, Feb. 26, at approximately 1145 a.m. It appears that the victim had been at this location for at least 24 hours."

"One body was left in a cornfield and then (Littleton) says he was alarmed by some passerby, so he dumped the other near a railroad crossing," said Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff Deputy Troy Black."

~~~

I thought initially it was a cotton field? Or is it a cornfield? In any event, if, BIG IF, we believe SL told the truth partially, Gladis will be in a corn or cotton field. I pray they can find her.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_195645.asp

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/02/26/story-bellefontaine-georgia-russells-search-littleton.html?sid=102

"The body was located off the roadway in the 3800 block of Lighfoot Mill Road, near the Railroad trestle on Saturday, Feb. 26, at approximately 1145 a.m. It appears that the victim had been at this location for at least 24 hours."

"One body was left in a cornfield and then (Littleton) says he was alarmed by some passerby, so he dumped the other near a railroad crossing," said Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff Deputy Troy Black."

~~~

I thought initially it was a cotton field? Or is it a cornfield? In any event, if, BIG IF, we believe SL told the truth partially, Gladis will be in a corn or cotton field. I pray they can find her.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_195645.asp

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2011/02/26/story-bellefontaine-georgia-russells-search-littleton.html?sid=102

The chattanoogan.com article says:

The body was located off the roadway in the 3800 block of Lighfoot Mill Road, near the Railroad trestle on Saturday, Feb. 26, at approximately 1145 a.m. It appears that the victim had been at this location for at least 24 hours.

The victim was a white man, in his late 50&#8217;s to early 70&#8217;s, 5&#8217;5&#8221; tall, 145 pounds.

In his late 50's? Richard was 84. Maybe this is just poor reporting?

Also

"Royval said the body was partially clothed and lying just off the road in the brush. She said it appeared to have been there for at least a couple of days.

The body does not show any signs of violence such as blunt trauma, gunshot or knife wounds, Royval said. The cause of death is still under investigation."

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/...oot-mill-road/

I was expecting signs of violence due to blood in the trunk and front seat.

Maybe this isn't Richard after all ...?

http://www.whiotv.com/news/27036129/detail.html

"The body was partially clothed and lying just off the road in some brush. It is believed the man was strangled."

~~

He murdered Tiffany in a different manner than Richard.

If this is true and Richard was strangled, then I hesitate to think what happened to Gladis, again thinking of the blood both in the passenger compartment and the trunk.

If this is true and Richard was strangled, then I hesitate to think what happened to Gladis, again thinking of the blood both in the passenger compartment and the trunk.

Elderly folks skin is very fragile, and tears easily, could have been blood from skin tears , etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back