GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope they can identify this guy soon and make sure he didn't have a car stolen.

Something I've been wondering is where was SL from 6pm Wednesday (when GR & RR's neighbor noticed their car missing and no one home) until 11:30-11:45 (when the state trooper ran the car's plates at the rest stop in Butler County)

It is only about an hour and a half, 2 hours tops to get from Logan County to Butler County which means SL, the elderly couple and their car were somewhere in between these 2 locations for a couple of hours..

This worries me terribly seeing as there are many places he could have stopped to dispose of bodies or get help from an old buddy since he lived in a few areas in Ohio in his life.

We need to find this dear couple, and quick!!

And I also forgot that the last time GR recorded her husband's medication was around 8:30 am which leads me to believe they probably went missing from the house sometime earlier in the day, closer to when SL clocked out.

Was he taking his time getting rid of them elsewhere? I just don't know where he'd go with possibly two elderly people and an arrest warrant out for him for hours before fleeing the state.

I think he called them and told them his truck broke down and they came to get him. I think that is why they had his number written down.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/key-events-in-the-murder-of-tiffany-brown-1087127.html

Key events in the murder of Tiffany Brown, the disappearance of Richard and Gladis Russell and the manhunt for accused murderer Samuel Littleton II, all of Logan County:

Feb. 11, 4:45 p.m.: Tiffany L. Brown, 26, leaves her two sons with a babysitter so that Brown can run some errands. After Brown is gone for hours, the babysitter contacts Deb Neeley, Brown’s mother late that evening. This is the last day that authorities said Brown was last seen in public.
Feb. 12, 8 a.m.: Neeley reports Brown missing to the Bellefontaine Police Department.
Feb. 12, 9 a.m.: Brown’s cell phone activity ends near towers in the Kenton area.
Feb. 14, 1 p.m.: Brown’s car is found abandoned behind an apartment complex. The keys were in the car.
Feb. 16, 9:51 a.m.: Samuel K. Littleton II, longtime boyfriend of Neeley, leaves work at Kenton Iron Works in Kenton. This is the day authorities said he went missing.
Feb. 16, 6 p.m.: A neighbor of Richard and Gladis Russell notices the elderly couple’s car is missing. The is the last day authorities said the couple was last seen.
Feb. 16, 6:20 p.m.: A pickup truck registered to Neeley but used by Littleton is found in a rural area by Logan County Sheriff’s deputies.
Feb. 16, 9 p.m.: Bellefontaine police officers return to the house that Neeley and Littleton share to talk to Neeley, and they observe a piece of blood-stained clothing.
Feb. 16, 11:30 p.m.: An Ohio State Highway Patrol trooper on routine patrol runs a check of the Russells’ 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis license plate at a rest area on southbound Interstate 75 in Butler County.
Feb. 17, Brown’s partially clothed body was found under scrap wood in a the partially finished basement in the home that Littleton shared with Brown’s mother.
Feb. 17, afternoon: Bellefontaine police say Littleton is a person of interest in the murder of Brown and says Neeley is not a suspect.
Feb. 17, 4:45 p.m.: The neighbor who noticed the Russells’ vehicle was gone reports to sheriff’s deputies that the Russells are missing from their home. The area is searched for several hours.
Feb. 17, 8:40 p.m.: After finding a piece of paper with Littleton’s cell phone number on it inside the Russells’ home, an alert for their car is issued.
Feb. 17, trash containers from the southbound rest area on I-75 are emptied. Authorities later believe that the trash is emptied at the Rumpke landfill, 3882 Strubble Road in Cincinnati.
Feb. 18, 3 p.m.: Arrest warrants issued for Littleton in the death of Brown. Bellefontaine police file charges against Littleton for murder, felonious assault and abuse of a corpse. Authorities say that Brown’s body had been repeatedly stabbed.
Feb. 19, afternoon: Bellefontaine police ask Rumpke officials about the feasibility of trying to find the garbage from the rest stop off of I-75 at mile marker 29.
Feb. 20, Littleton’s ex-wife Tammy Queen tells WHIO-TV that Littleton had a violent streak and obsession with knives. Queen, who was married to Littleton for five years, said one time Littleton threatened her and forced her into a basement for a couple of hours. Queen also tells WHIO-TV that she thinks Littleton could be in a remote area of West Virginia where his father lives.
Feb. 21, 10 a.m.: Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation searches Rumpke landfill, 3882 Strubble Road, Cincinnati, for clues in the disappearance of Richard and Gladis Russell.

snip....The search is expected to resume at 8 a.m. Tuesday – and like Monday when the search was suspended because of inclement weather – it is expected to be an arduous if not impossible search.

snip....By the end of the day Friday the waste had been compacted many times over and then buried.

It’s usually compacted so much so that once unearthed, most things that are thrown away are between 1/8th and a 1/16th of their original size.

“It’s like a needle in a haystack,” Pratt said of the search.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...4/Search-couple-comes-Rumpke?odyssey=nav|head

good video of what is involved in the dump search:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oT7E5ZJtNQ

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26929325/detail.html
The victim has a tattoo on his upper-left chest with the word "ZENZELE" written in case-style lettering.

ZENZELE is a fairly uncommon female name. (The meaning of the name is female, "She will do it herself" though there are males named that as well.)

I am hoping that they ran the name through the system (DMV even) and checked those in Ohio or surrounding states? I doubt there is more than 20. It'd be pretty easy to ask "Do you know anyone who would have your name tattooed on his chest?" Or it might even bring up him, if by chance that is his name.

The person who did the tattoo may remember doing it, because again I doubt they do very many of that name. Maybe they should include that in their request to the public.

If this is tattoo still visible, this tells us he hadn't been there for that long. Decomposition would have taken care of the tattoo before too long.

So the guy must not have a criminal record, or be a missing person.

Many of the people named Zenzele are in Africa... so that narrows down any myspace or facebook searches. There isn't all that many.

That tattoo is a HUGE lead.

Regarding the tattoo: I think LE may already be on to this since after 18yrs or so that Deb spent with Sam, she may know who/what it means. IMO

Regarding the tattoo: I think LE may already be on to this since after 18yrs or so that Deb spent with Sam, she may know who/what it means. IMO

I think I read somewhere that they had a daughter together (she is about 18 now). It could be her name.

I believe they're talking about the black male found dead, which IMO likely has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

I believe they're talking about the black male found dead, which IMO likely has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

You are correct. I do think it is important to identify this man and see if he owned a vehicle and find that vehicle. If SL ditched the Russell's Grand Marquis, he would need a different car.

According to the tip, Samuel Littleton is in the Princeton, W.Va. area, where he has family, sources close to the investigation told CrimeTracker 10's Angela An.

Littleton, 37, may have changed his appearance, including shaving his facial hair, a law enforcement source said.

Authorities believe that Littleton is still driving a 2004 Mercury Marquis belonging to Dick and Gladis Russell. The couple vanished last week and authorities believe their disappearance could be connected with the slaying with Tiffany Brown, 26.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...fontaine-littleton-west-virginia.html?sid=102

Updated: 11:37 am EST February 22, 2011

Nothing Found At Landfill Yet; Couple, Littleton Still Missing

COLERAIN TWP., Ohio -- Investigators searching a landfill have yet to find any physical evidence related to the hunt for Richard and Gladis Russell of Bellefontaine, officials said during an 11 a.m. press conference today.

The press conference was held to provide an update on the search being conducted at Rumpke Sanitary Landfill at 3800 Struble Road near Cincinnati.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/26906791/detail.html

I never thought the couple was with him. It seemed like there was too much extra time from between them being reported missing to when the car was sighted in Butler County. And they were likely gone way before they were reported missing. Sad all around. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hulet
Back