GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Rhyme,
I emailed and got the info. Hubby said we can go. Hubby knows alot of farmers and rural roads all around there. I'm just hoping there isn't alot of snow. It's sleeting here right now. Any advice on what we should take with us besides a thermos of coffee and warm clothes?

Just be careful & stay safe.

The search is tomorrow, Sat. I doubt they will have it now. :(

We have a level 2 snow emergency in the counties of Logan, Marion. Union & 5 other counties. 5 inches of snow in areas that began as ice then turned to snow. Winds up to 40 mph. I can handle snow but not ice with snow on top of it.

Ohio Snow Emergencies
Level 1 Snow Emergency: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads are also icy; drive carefully.

Level 2 Snow Emergency: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Only those who believe it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work.

Level 3 Snow Emergency: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one else should be out during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel. All employees should contact their employers to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roadways may be subject to arrest.

Just announced the search postponed till next Saturday due to weather.

Originally Posted by debloree
Thanks Rhyme,
I emailed and got the info. Hubby said we can go. Hubby knows alot of farmers and rural roads all around there. I'm just hoping there isn't alot of snow. It's sleeting here right now. Any advice on what we should take with us besides a thermos of coffee and warm clothes?

Good luck. I went and looked for the Morencie Boys in Ohio. I wish I would of had a walking stick or something to help walking in some areas. A flashlight, extra gloves, water, eyewear, protein bars, a lighter, pocket knife for all the weeds that wrap around your boots.

There was 3 of us in my group. One stay in the car and 2 of us walked.
The one in the car would come to where ever we ended up so we didn't have to go back area's already searched. Last but no least pray to St. Anthony. He is the saint for lost items & persons.

I just got this alert through my email from WALB. No article up yet on their website.

From WALB-News 10:

Hello XXXXX ,

A search is underway in Lowndes County for the bodies of two Ohio murder victims. A man arrested in West Virginia tells investigators he killed an elderly couple and dumped their bodies near I-75 in South Georgia. WALB News 10 will have full coverage on WALB News 10 at 5 & 6.

Lowndes County is Valdosta, Georgia.

About 90 miles south of where I live.

IMO

A man arrested in West Virginia Wednesday, Samuel Littleton, has told investigators he abducted 85-year old Gladis Russell and 84-year old Richard Russell from their home in Logan County, Ohio, drove to Georgia, killed them and dumped their bodies near I-75.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14142585

Oh my God, it is so much worse to actually know that he really did kill them. I am so sad.

A man arrested in West Virginia Wednesday, Samuel Littleton, has told investigators he abducted 85-year old Gladis Russell and 84-year old Richard Russell from their home in Logan County, Ohio, drove to Georgia, killed them and dumped their bodies near I-75.

http://www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=14142585

What a sad, sad tragedy. It is so much worse hearing that this has in fact happened! This is awful!

So he admitted to killing them and where he dumped the bodies (which is a 14 hour drive away).... but yet he's fighting extradition? Insane!

Oh my gosh. I'm just sick hearing this! RIP, Mr. and Mrs. Russell. You were very much loved.

Does Georgia have the death penalty? Or does it even apply here?

Oh my gosh. I'm just sick hearing this! RIP, Mr. and Mrs. Russell. You were very much loved.

Does Georgia have the death penalty? Or does it even apply here?

Yup... Georgia has the death penalty!

Murdering ! Just take him right now and give him the needle!!!!! RIP Gladis and Richard:(

Now I wish I hadn't come here to check in. Horrible, just soooooooo senseless and sad. He could have just tied them up in their home and been long gone before they were discovered. He could have put them out anywhere along the way, even in the woods or something... he'd have been long gone before they found their way to help. He kept them alive all the way to GA....why??? Why take their lives THEN??? This breaks my heart, I can hardly type thru tears for this precious couple.

Rest in Peace Mr and Mrs Russell. I will be praying for your family.

A sheriff in Georgia says Sam Littleton confessed to dumping bodies of the Russells there. Sheriff's search underway in GA.

GA sheriff says Littleton told WVA officials he dumped in GA on his way to FL. GA sheriff confirms Littleton was in Valdosta, FL.

GA sheriff is searching near railroad tracks with officials from 5 other departments and RR police.
less than a minute ago via web

http://twitter.com/tomwsyx6

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem