GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's what being reported tonight on two Columbus TV stations about the search for the Russells in Georgia.

WBNS-TV is reporting authorities believe that a Logan County couple missing for more than a week was killed in their home and a man being questioned in the case dumped their bodies somewhere along a freeway in Georgia.

"One body was left in a cornfield and then (Littleton) says he was alarmed by some passerby, so he dumped the other near a railroad crossing," said Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff Deputy Troy Black.

Authorities in Georgia said that Littleton was in the Valdosta area on Feb. 18, the same day that he claimed to have dumped the bodies.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...eorgia-russells-search-littleton.html?sid=102

WSYX-TV is reporting that the Lowndes County, Georgia Sheriff is handling the search differently this weekend.

Deputies who aren't on a call are spending time walking railroad tracks, looking for any sign of the Russells, who have been missing for a couple of weeks now.

Even though helicopters and search dogs aren't being used, Investigators are also using satellite pictures of the exits along I-75 in Lowndes County
and Sam Littleton's own words.

But deputies say his directions are too vague and the area too vast: 32 miles of highway; 60 miles of railroad tracks and hundreds of miles of cotton fields.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9502.shtml

What if he did it while he was in Florida? I am thinking that if he managed to get to his Dad's and thought he could successfully hide out, he might not want them found and identified. So leaving them a state away might maybe help to hide their identity.

Did he say he dumped them while on the way or after he arrived? If he did it while on the way there, maybe he wasn't aware of when he crossed the state line. You know how it is when you have been driving a long time, the road becomes a blur.

They are reporting that he is talking, I still don't get why they don't know at least the routes he took into the area. I mean maybe he really doesn't remember what exit he took, he had been driving a long time and may not have had much sleep. But he should have at least known what route he was on.

IMO....he knows where he put the Russels.....he is purposely being vague about the location....he does not want LE to discover the manner of their death....in the way that he killed them....

I don't believe that he stabbed them to death...altho some blood was reportedly found, (it could have been a lot more..but downplayed by LE)....
..IMO...there would have been a LARGE QUANTITY of it...from ...(sorry)...bleeding out..and would be too messy in transport...

altho he was on the run....he has a good idea where he stopped for each of them...just playing vague to the LE...IMO...

I don't know if you're familiar with the Hoffman case in Ohio, but LE downplayed the blood found in the home BIG TIME. That could include at/near the home and in the trunk of the car. This likes knives. Didn't his ex say he had a collection?

I agree, they could be anywhere :(

What if he did it while he was in Florida?

That's the same question I'm asking myself. I just wonder if he took their bodies to Florida.

I hope I'm wrong here. But, if he took their bodies to Florida and disposed of their bodies in the way how I fear that may have did, then it'll never be found. :(

I say he knows very well what he did to their bodies!

Unless he provides very specific information as to where he disposed of the bodies, it's unlikely that they will find them anywhere in south Georgia or north Florida. We are talking miles and miles and miles of woods, dense woods, and now that things are starting to bloom and grass is starting to grow, it will make it all the more difficult. It sounds like this guy is a real piece of work.

~jmo~

Unless he provides very specific information as to where he disposed of the bodies, it's unlikely that they will find them anywhere in south Georgia or north Florida. We are talking miles and miles and miles of woods, dense woods, and now that things are starting to bloom and grass is starting to grow, it will make it all the more difficult. It sounds like this guy is a real piece of work.

~jmo~

I agree, everything is starting to grow and already 10 days have passed since he claims to have disposed of them. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing........stalling, and/or not revealing everything in the hope of a deal. Also, not to be overly graphic, but they were already frail in appearance, therefore it would seem less time to become totally skeletal. :( MOO

Here's what being reported tonight on two Columbus TV stations about the search for the Russells in Georgia.

WBNS-TV is reporting authorities believe that a Logan County couple missing for more than a week was killed in their home and a man being questioned in the case dumped their bodies somewhere along a freeway in Georgia.

"One body was left in a cornfield and then (Littleton) says he was alarmed by some passerby, so he dumped the other near a railroad crossing," said Lowndes County (Ga.) Sheriff Deputy Troy Black.

Authorities in Georgia said that Littleton was in the Valdosta area on Feb. 18, the same day that he claimed to have dumped the bodies.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...eorgia-russells-search-littleton.html?sid=102

WSYX-TV is reporting that the Lowndes County, Georgia Sheriff is handling the search differently this weekend.

Deputies who aren't on a call are spending time walking railroad tracks, looking for any sign of the Russells, who have been missing for a couple of weeks now.

Even though helicopters and search dogs aren't being used, Investigators are also using satellite pictures of the exits along I-75 in Lowndes County
and Sam Littleton's own words.

But deputies say his directions are too vague and the area too vast: 32 miles of highway; 60 miles of railroad tracks and hundreds of miles of cotton fields.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9502.shtml

Great links. Thanks.

OMG! If they could just locate that passerby that probably saw the Russells vehicle sitting close to the field. This person may even live in that area and travel that road everyday.

I hope they see a photo of that car and call LE.

That would be the break LE would need to at least locate one of them.

IMO

I agree, everything is starting to grow and already 10 days have passed since he claims to have disposed of them. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing........stalling, and/or not revealing everything in the hope of a deal. Also, not to be overly graphic, but they were already frail in appearance, therefore it would seem less time to become totally skeletal. :( MOO

I don't want to be overly graphic either but I have read in the past that the elderly decompose at a faster rate especially if they weren't in good health.

But what worries me even more is here in Georgia we have a vast amount of wildlife including coyotes.

Also vultures (buzzards) are in abundance here and reek havoc in a very short amount of time.

Imo, LE should have the helicopters up in the air looking for any vultures that may be circling above any fields and LE needs to be looking for them when they are doing the ground searches. It may be just a deceased animal but they would definitely need to check it out.

IMO

Here's a thought....If he was driving their car.....it is not an off road type of vehicle..or a type of vehicle that is used for terrain type of driving....

My point is...If he tried to drive over some trails, back roads, unpaved ground...the car would likely get stuck ...since the ground for some time has softened with rainfall...

IMO...most likely...he did not venture far off the paved highway......

Here's another thought in an entire different direction....Maybe he disposed of them...really close to home...
Perhaps the LE should search around the Russells neighborhood and woods....I would not believe this ....

all my opinion and my 2 cents...

russels.jpg

Search continues for missing couple

Friday, February 18, 2011 02:51 AM
Updated: Friday, February 18, 2011 02:57 PM

<snip>

The Chevrolet pickup was found about 2 miles from the home of Richard and Gladis Russell, who also are missing. "This has caused all of us to be concerned for the well-being of the Russells," Kunze said of the couple, who are 84 and 85 years old, respectively.

Logan county authorities know that their 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis was last seen at a southbound I-75 rest stop in Butler County between 11:30 and 11:45 Wednesday night.

A state trooper on patrol ran the license plate number (PDG 13E), which is a routine practice for officers passing through such areas at night because it sometimes turns up stolen cars or other problems.

At that point, however, no one knew that the Russells were missing.

more here:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ase-grows-as-couple-goes-missing.html?sid=101

Thread 1

I keep checking, hoping to hear they've found the bodies of this couple... but no news. :(

Grrr. I bet that jerk is leading LE on a wild goose chase.

I've been thinking the same thing. He could have dumped the poor Russell's anywhere from Ohio to Georgia to WV!!!

He obviously wasn't freaked out by the presence of decomposing bodies being very nearby.

I believe you are right.....IMO...he has gotten rid of their bodies closer to home...

AND.....IMO....he is waiting for a plea deal....

Why carry dead bodies in your car.....hundreds of miles away???

Dead bodies in your possession are a hinderance to an escape and can slow you down....

sorry to be so graphic....but....placing them in a dumpster...would be so much easier...and if the car was spotted parked next to a dumpster at that rest area, he may have thought of that plan...

but then...changed his mind...and drive...HUNDREDS of miles with them...

Sounds to me like a lot of work...plus risk.....to follow this plan I will describe....

1...kill them in their home
2. put their bodies in the car/trunk
3. drive hundreds of miles looking for a place to unload them.
4. deciding not to leave them in the same area..
5. deciding to leave them in separate areas.
6. choosing/finding a place to leave 1 body.
7. driving the other body around to choose a place for it.

sounds like toooo much thinking and driving around...for someone "on the run"

My feeling is ......he got rid of them....sooner....and closer to home...

all my opinion and my :twocents:

I believe you are right.....IMO...he has gotten rid of their bodies closer to home...

<Snip>

My feeling is ......he got rid of them....sooner....and closer to home...

all my opinion and my :twocents:

You are echoing the sentiments I have had from the beginning. I personally have stated many times not just on the forum but to other interested people that he would not want to be saddled with extra baggage from the get to go!

He easily could have disposed of bodies locally (Bellefontaine area)...Quincy, DeGraff, Sidney, etc. Indian Lake, and that is a lot of area to cover right there. I do expect them to find the remains a little closer to home. This is terroristic to this couple's family and to the friends and neighbors in Bellefontaine. What a saddist! He is getting too much pleasure out of this, I sense.

What a pathetic human being. SL's OK with saying he killed the Russells, but he's not OK with revealing the location of their deceased bodies? I don't get it. He already confessed! Allow these gentle people to have a decent, respectful burial.

Could it be Littleton doesn't want the Russells found because everyone would then see what horrible thing he did to them, hence thinking he is putting himself in danger of retaliation of some sort?

Ugh, and now he's no longer speaking to WVA investigators. What a total loser. :loser:

It's like he is playing a game; by not allowing LE to locate the Russells, he may think he can later withdraw the confession, whereas if he leads them to the bodies, he really can't. I hope he is not getting this advice from a lawyer...that would be a really lousy thing for any lawyer to do, to not allow the family to bury the Russells.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back